[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better overall, Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: mario-and-luigi-superstar-saga.png (329KB, 371x369px) Image search: [Google]
mario-and-luigi-superstar-saga.png
329KB, 371x369px
Which is better overall, Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi?
>>
Paper Mario has the best game but Mario and Luigi has the most consistently good games.
>>
Mario & Luigi has more consistently good games.
>>
>>381545992
Mario & Luigi by fucking miles.
>>
File: mario rpg tiers.png (1MB, 1036x2176px) Image search: [Google]
mario rpg tiers.png
1MB, 1036x2176px
>>381545992
>>
>can evade attacks

Makes it better than most turn based rpg's.
>>
>>381545992
I prefer Paper Mario personally, it has the better art style in my opinion, the combat is more tactical and has variety in how you do action commands, I like how it gives you 3 ways to upgrade Mario when leveling up so you can have different replays depending on what you pick (this especially makes Badges interesting), the overworld gameplay is 3D and I feel that makes exploration with puzzles and things to solve them with (partners, upgrades, curses, etc.) more interesting. Also I just generally prefer the chapter plots & characters in PM. That being said M&L is a super solid series.
>>
>>381545992
are either better than Super Mario RPG?
>>
>>381546429
>TTYD not at elder god tier
Pleb
>>
>>381546429
Dude, Super Paper Mario is one of the best games I've ever Played
>>
File: 1422273122480.jpg (71KB, 720x602px) Image search: [Google]
1422273122480.jpg
71KB, 720x602px
>>381545992
Mario & Luigi
TTYD is the only Paper Mario game I played and I forced myself to complete it hoping something exciting or fun would happen, I just didn't enjoy it as much as Superstar Saga or Bowser's Inside story. Maybe the other Paper Mario's are better.
>>
>>381546429
What about Paper Jam and Color Trash?
>>
File: ml bro.jpg (275KB, 589x558px) Image search: [Google]
ml bro.jpg
275KB, 589x558px
So what do you guys think of the changes to advanced bros moves (now apparently being called super bros moves)?
>>
>>381547330
What's the difference between them beyond the name? It's been too long for me to remember.
>>
>>381547330
A single adjective change doesn't bother me. I'm legitimately excited for the remake
>>
>>381545992
Superstar Saga is the platonic ideal of what a Mario RPG should be. It wants for nothing.
>>
>>381547330
It makes more sense that way since it's no longer on the Game Boy Advance
>>
>>381545992
Overall, Mario and Luigi.
The games are amazing, alright, really good, alright and mediocre.
Compared to Paper Mario's amazing, also amazing, good story, horrible and slightly above horrible.
The worst M&L has done is be mediocre while retaining the formula.
Paper Mario threw the formula, and later the story out the fucking window.
>>
>>381547330
balances things out a bit more which is good. If they give this a hard mode too SS will become the GOAT M&L game again in my eyes
>>
>>381547407
You press A instead of B at some point of the combo and you do more damage
>>
>>381548625
That's what happened in the original though.
>>
>>381548675
Yeah, now they are separated moves instead of being in the same slot
>>
>>381547407
>>381547424
>>381548017
It's not just the name. In the original you basically had your bros moves, and when executing the move you could on the fly input a different button combination to execute an advanced move instead.
However, in the remake they are now completely seperate moves, and cost more BP to use.
>>
>>381548761
That's it? That seems a bit random of a change to me. I guess it's fine though, although I think the menuing in the original is better from what I remember.
>>
>>381548909
They also cost more BP as you can see from the pic
>>
>>381546429
how the fuck is partners in time and the thousand year door that low
>>
>>381547250
You're a fucking cool guy
>>
>>381548979
thousand year door should be a few tiers lower
>>
>>381548979
People REALLY don't like PiT.
I never understood the hate apart from bros moves becoming items.
>>
>>381548943
Oh yeah, you're right. That still seems like a random change but I guess it's fine, it could make things more difficult which I appreciate unless you gaining BP in general goes up more in this game.

>>381548979
I don't know why TTYD is that low beyond backtracking but a lot dislike PiT/find PiT to be the weakest in the M&L series.
>>
>>381546429

>Mario RPG
>Is literally the only RPG of the bunch
>mid tier

Fuck you underage, SMRPG is amazing
>>
>>381545992
Mario And Luigi. It keeps the same formula in tact for each game, where you control Mario and Luigi, hence the namesake. Sometimes they mix it up a bit, like in the sequel Partners in Time, you use X and Y on the DS to play as the Baby versions of Mario and Luigi, and then you have Bowser's Inside Story where you play as Bowser, and this one is just the best because there's so many more mechanics for Bowser as there is for Mario and Luigi. Dream Team is pretty good, I'd rank it above PiT, and Paper Jam (Bros.) I don't really like. The thing is, all of these games keep the formula of controlling both Mario and Luigi (even at times, you will only control one bro, like having to traverse a cavern as both bros seperately in Superstar Saga)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.