[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elwynn Forest. Home.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
Elwynn Forest. Home.
>>
Daily reminder that wow has LITERALLY never been good.
>>
>>381539224
Personal tastes, still better than ANY of the online garbage we have today.
>>
Least it was until i cucked everything up.
>>
File: 1497440526762.png (148KB, 431x425px) Image search: [Google]
1497440526762.png
148KB, 431x425px
>>381539224

Vanilla / TBC WoW was the only good MMORPG out.

I played the fuck out of EQ1&2 DaoC and even shit like ragnarok online but god damn.

I can't even play modern MMORPGs because they are all worse than what WoW used to be.

Also modern wow sucks ass
>>
File: sairiaoh.png (337KB, 606x681px) Image search: [Google]
sairiaoh.png
337KB, 606x681px
>>381539556
Because they handed the reigns over to a bunch of interns and took a near decade vacation and called it 'developing titan'.

Meanwhile they left systems design to a marine biologist, raid design to a lawyer, and pretty much threw PVP to the wind.

So we had one of the most immersive, comfy, casual MMOs on the market become one massive linear, quest grind game designed to get you to end game as soon as possible so you could participate on one of 3-4 flavors of the same shit called raiding.

Meanwhile the cornerstones that set WOW apart, its open world with no loading screens, its seemless questing, and multiplayer encouraged, but not forced gameplay was pretty much scrapped, turned into a phased, instanced, solo grind mess, all because they put some guy who only cares about raids in charge from the third expansion onward.
>>
>>381539797
I think people blame the direction the game took too much. I think the way the game evolved was much more a consequence of the way game designed evolved than anything else.
>>
>>381539556
>>381539797
WotLK is really mixed bag for me since while the game was at it's peak mechanically and the whole leveling experience and lore wasn't in complete ruins at that point, it really showed it's true colors in quest and world design. Everything that was there, was there for some reason. Every single bit of text, every single object, everything was designed to lead you somewhere, whether it was to give you more experience points or get a new crafting pattern or something. There was nothing left inconclusive, nothing ambivalent, nothing left for imagination, which is one of the huge reasons why vanilla was so magical and reigned supreme.
Plus WotLK also spawned dungeon finder and gearscore. May its name ever by flagellated by demons in the pits of hell.
>>
Wow was doomed to failure. You can't add content without making existing content obsolete so the game is doomed to bloat.
>>
>>381540009
Thats not a good excuse for bad game design.

The number one complaint WOW has had since it started was that at the end game it became "raid or die" after a certain point.

And instead of trying to fix the issue, they simply forced people into raids, meanwhile the content people like to do outside of raiding was pretty much streamlined, if not outright made pointless in order to funnel people into the raid scene with the LFR scene.

Whats really sad is they had a sliver of a chance of turning things around with Legion and Karazhan, but all they did was make a 5 man raid, and then fucked it up further by splitting it into two and turning into more LFG grind fodder.
>>
File: 1495278070076.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1495278070076.gif
3MB, 220x212px
>>381539224
>universal acclaim
>set the benchmark for every future MMO
>12 million subs at peak

ye literally never been good LITERALLY lmao literally kek lol literally
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.