[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1498201095038.jpg (158KB, 800x1146px) Image search: [Google]
1498201095038.jpg
158KB, 800x1146px
Thoughts?
>>
>>381538448
trash
>>
>>381538448
You're a fucking normalfag idiot.
>>
Played it as a kid the atmosphere was so spooky I just uninstalled it but from what I understood from other anons it becomes more sooty less spooky midgame
>>
>>381538554
Pretty agressive desu.
>>
Actually played it to the end like 2-3 months ago. Its got atmosphere down, and I didn't hate the story.

Elements like no HUD and such was cool. Some of the weapons werent awful to shoot. My only complaint was that the game dragged on way too long. The set pieces are definitely some of the cooler things.

It was a bit begrudging to finish though. Its been a while or else I'd have more to say.
>>
>>381538448
How do you pronounce cthulhu?

I've always said Cu chu chu
>>
>>381538730
K tooloo
>>
>>381538730
That would be because you are an idiot.
>>
Wasted potential: the game
>>
Trash the second you get guns and leave innsmouth in general. Completely loses it's charm afterwards.

It's not worth the battle with the crashes either. Don't bother.
>>
>>381538921
I was a kid when I first saw the name and I never understood how to pronounce it as I'm not a native english speaker
I know how to really pronounce it but I've always stuck with cu chu chu
>>
>>381539040

Kuh thew lew
>>
>>381538620
normalfag.
>>
Just play The Order 1866 instead.

Same atmosphere, but better graphics.
>>
>>381539032
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Call_of_Cthulhu:_Dark_Corners_of_the_Earth

>DCoTEPatch
>Bypasses a game breaking bug, allows changing FOV, skipping intro videos and more.
>Only the original retail executable enables all features.
>>
>>381539408
No one cares about graphics you stupid underage fag.

Besides that the order is absolute fucking dogshit and has a QTE final boss that's a copy and paste of a QTE from earlier in the game, anyone who likes this pile of trash has absolute shit taste. Which I guess makes sense because you're a child who thinks anyone cares about graphics.
>>
I had a friend who helped work on it. The game came out poorly but was ahead of its time in an awful lot of ways. The gunplay was done to appease a market that certainly didn't care about Lovecraft and you can certainly see how the game derails itself upon its proper inclusion. Fantastic atmosphere and excellent pacing that gets completely ruined beyond Innsmouth. Play it. You'll be one of the few who did.
>>
>>381538730

Cut hool hoo
>>
>>381538730
I pronounce it cah-thu-lou. But the whole point of the bizarre name is that the syllables that make up its alien name can't be properly pronounced by humans. So it's just a rough estimate. However you pronounce it is correct, because no one on Earth can pronounce it properly.
>>
Phtagn. Ptgahn? Futugn. Fatuggin? I don't know anymore.
>>
>>381538730
koosooloo
>>
>>381539567
That's why I said "same atmosphere" dumb cunt.

The better graphics is obviously a plus.

You're just a nostalgic neckbeard still stuck in 1999.
>>
>>381541158
>That's why I said "same atmosphere"
Objectively wrong. Have you ever even cracked open an HP Lovecraft book?
>The better graphics is obviously a plus.
Under 18 detected.
>You're just a nostalgic neckbeard still stuck in 1999.
Cry some more faggot.
>>
>>381538448
If you can get past shit the gameplay and bugs and you enjoy lovecraft you'll love it.
Otherwise, just don't play it.
>>
When you hit the game breaking bug, pretend the game is over and you have a 7.5/10 game.
>>
>>381538730
Kheytoolhoo
>>
>>381541405
I would never compare The Order to DCotE but you are a fucking retard if you don't understand that better graphics is a good thing. Do you set all your games to low too? Jesus christ.
>>
>>381538448
>jump puzzles
>look down and character gets dizzy

No.
>>
File: 1489243754555.jpg (94KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
1489243754555.jpg
94KB, 602x709px
>>381538448
>start the game
>mc kys himself
>>
Like most games in this genre they fucked it up by giving you a gun that actually hurts things.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.