[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Argue.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13

File: wallpaper-0497c.jpg (63KB, 640x312px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-0497c.jpg
63KB, 640x312px
Argue.
>>
New Londo Ruins is the worst area od DS1, worse than Lost Izalith and Blighttown by a goddamn mile.
>>
>>381538173
Demon Souls is objectively the be st game because everything after it stripped away features from the formula and furthermore was just copying it to begin with.

There's a reason the first game in a series tends to be the best, and anyone who agrees is just a narrow minded fanboy quite honestly.
>>
File: 1462982605003.gif (294KB, 242x333px) Image search: [Google]
1462982605003.gif
294KB, 242x333px
>>381538364
>anyone who agrees is just a narrow minded fanboy

This bait confused me.
>>
>Demon's
Innovative
>Dark
Immersive
>Dark 2
Immense
>BB
Kino
>Dark 3
Derivative
>>
>>381538256
The curse gimmick for it wasn't nessasary. Other than that, It was alright.
>>
>>381538516
Bloodborne's combat is the most shallow of the entire series, it just feels better to play.

The whole "BB is easier" meme really isn't much of a meme, on top of that, BB basically got rid of the RPG aspect of the ARPG, what kinds of builds are there in BB? You can either have high defense against magic or not, and that's basically where your choices end, magic is also 2D as hell and implemented in the most simple shallow way.

I like BB, but saying it's the best of the series is kinda silly. Maybe the most refined, but also the most simple.
>>
demon souls comes out, moderate success. develops fanbase. then dark souls : some things change but alot remains the same. recieves both praise and criticism, a method of producing similar games proves profitable and is invested into for the sake of profit not art = dark souls 2 dark souls 3. and while that cash cow was being milked, a purebred emerged (bb). something that took all of the desirable qualities of DS and was able to highly develop an original story, since its a new universe. it is truly a masterpiece that would not be what it is now if not for all of the shortcomings of the souls series. it was a learning process and bloodborne is the fruits of their labor, trial, and error. then they continued the pissing contest that is DS3
>>
>>381538173
DaS > BB > DeS
>>
Demon's (most creative and fun) > Bloodborne (best use of the setting/good change-up with the blood mechanic) = Dark Souls (expanded the world and introduced a great new structure)
>>
Dark Souls 3 is the best in the series.
>>
>>381538364
Stop trying to parrot Matthewmatosis

I would recommend everyone watch his analysis though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np5PdpsfINA
>>
>>381539359
I don't watch e-celeb trash. I was just giving my opinion.
>>
>DeS
Actually haven't played because lol 360 last generation (thanks dead rising 1)
>DaS
The flawed masterpiece that would have been a genuine masterpiece if the 2nd half wasn't so obviously rushed
>DaS2
Loved it when it came out but playing it after BB and DS3 makes me realise that it's actually the worst one and no amount of "muh build variety muh nonlinearity" will save it from the fact the combat is sluggish, enemy variety is non-existent, bosses are pathetic, and other dumb shit like soul memory and adaptability.
>BB
Still the best game on the PS4 and most of the innovations were pretty great (except chalice dungeons lol) however some bosses are quite obnoxious and the base game is p short and insubstantial, however ToH really makes this game great. P hard to deny that it is the easiest and least RPG-like (least build variety very easily) of them all, though, but it might be one of the rare instances where streamlining the formula managed to be an effective change of focus that worked for the kind of game they were going for rather than pandering to the mass market of people who are shit at videogames
>DaS3
Has problems with balance and didn't really bring any new ideas to the table, but was the most polished and enjoyable combat (except arguably Bloodborne). Probably the most challenging of them (without resorting to bullshit) and the enemies and bosses etc are really well made and generally fun to fight (with the exception of the jumping cunts in Farron keep and the jailors etc) however it doesn't feel like it has much identity of its own, it just feels like a big-budgeted version of DaS1 which is not necessarily bad but one of DaS1's strengths was its originality and DaS3 fails on that front because its basically all of the ideas DaS1 had
>>
>>381539589
This post is objectively correct.
>>
>>381538364

>t. faggot who watched Matthewmatosis' new video and can form no opinions of his own

He's wrong and so are you. Dark Souls is literally a refined Demon's Souls, and gimmick mechanics from DeS ruined a lot of perfectly fine bosses.
>>
Dark souls 2 is pretty good. Fight me
>>
>>381539995
For someone who hasn't played any of the other games before or after probably. Compared to the other games in the series it's trash.
>>
Dark Souls is the best game In the series because it's the only one I'm good at ;_;
>>
>>381539964
I don't know who that is but you faggots keep sucking his dick so enjoy his cum I guess.
>>
File: stu depressed.jpg (6KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
stu depressed.jpg
6KB, 184x184px
I'm currently trying to finish DS and oh my fucking god is it tedious.

>stiff, clunky controls
>shitty """platforming""" stages like Blighttown
>straight up bullshit gimmicks like curse
>not nearly enough bonfires
>convoluted level design
>tedious backtracking, fast travel introduced way too fucking late

I got so bored after Anor Londo I just conjured up 99 stats and infinite health/stamina, disabling it every now and then, but the game remained just as tedious.

At this point I'm just shambling through this shit heap just to be able to say I finished it. Does DS2 or DS3 get better?
>>
>>381540062
That's where you are wrong boyo
>>
DaS2 had the best aesthetic in the series
>>
bloodborne is literally 30fps

fucking unplayable
>>
File: 1495611613004.jpg (91KB, 622x288px) Image search: [Google]
1495611613004.jpg
91KB, 622x288px
They're all worth playing, ranging from good to excellent.
Except DS2 which is garbage.
>>
>>381539589

This except saying that DaS3 is the most challenging without resorting to bullshit. The fact that they used Bloodborne-styled enemies (with more speed, infinite stamina, stupidly long combos, etc.) for a Dark Souls game just completely fucked with the balance. And the only big adjustment they made to the gameplay to account for this, infinite rolling stamina, completely fucks over any semblance of interesting PvP.

The challenge in Bloodborne migth've been a tad smaller (it's hard to gauge at this point), but at least it felt "right."
>>
>>381540150
DaS is great once you know the game in and out and make unique builds for runs. DaS 2 is just as tedious but has alot of good areas despite what people think. DaS 3 is much flashier and faster combat but the weakest in the series I feel. If your bored with the first it will happen with the rest as well
>>
>>381540150

You should probably try something like CoD or Skyrim, I'm sure you'll like those games better senpai
>>
>>381540150
Blighttown is fun, curse is hilarious. Agree on not enough bonfires after having played Bonfire Souls 3, a few more would've been nice. Level design in 1 is the best in the series, you just don't know it yet (go looking for shortcuts), and that's exactly why backtracking is a good thing in 1.
>>
File: 1490741365123.jpg (218KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1490741365123.jpg
218KB, 2048x1152px
>>381540216
this as long as BB is 20-25 fps with drops DaS3 will ALWAYS be the better game.
>>
>>381538256
Fuck you, New Londo was pretty good.

>Blighttown
Nigger, do you just hate good level design.

>>381539995
I would, but I can't stomach 2's gameplay.
>>
>>381540136
You are the one literally parroting him. His cock is still firmly implanted in your anus at this point faggot.
>>
>>381539964
Dark Souls has objectively worse gameplay; poise wrecking the fundamentals of spacing/timing/risk-reward and making backstab spam worse, godawful movesets (worst-in-series in fact), some absolutely stupid design choices like weapons exhibiting more stun as you upgrade them, weapons having different speeds within a shared class (fucking lol), weapons like halberds having special whiff animations, kick being absolutely useless compared to DeS shove, etc.

I like the world interconnection of Dark Souls 1, but the gameplay is terrible compared to DeS.
>>
File: 1461500372670.png (2MB, 1173x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461500372670.png
2MB, 1173x1080px
>>381538256
I don't get the hatred people have for Lost Izalith.
>>
>>381540539
If his opinion matches so well with mine I guess I'll watch him to see what the fuck you're on about.
>>
Alright guys Favorite and least favorite area of each game

DaS
Most
>Undead burg in general and painted world
Least
>New Londo/Tomb of giants

DaS2
Most
>The windmill place
Least
>The water area before the Lost Sinner

DaS3
Most
>Lothric Castle/Boreal Valley
Least
>Catacombs/Blighttown 2.0
>>
>>381540397

>curse is hilarious
>getting close to Seath to land a hit
>haha

Statuses are an absolute cancer.

What are the most tedious new gimmicks in DS2 and DS3?
>>
Bloodborne = I > DeS > II > III.
I will never understand people that liked III. It tried to copy Bloodborne, but didn't understand what made Bloodborne so great.
>>
>>381538173
BB.
It has the best everything except PvP (DkS2) and world interconnection (DkS1), and equipment diversity.

Game mechanics, atmosphere, music, movesets, combat, lack of broken mechanics, enemies, level design, narrative, narrative, consumable items contributing to gameplay, kin/beast forms, bosses (tied with DkS3), are all arguably best or easily the best.

Even at a filmic 26fps on the Sony Supercomputer, it's easily better than any of the other games running on PC.
>>
>>381538173
I liked all of them, but firmly stand by my opinion that DaSII is the weakest and deserves all the hate it gets.
>>
>>381540805
The worst change in 3 is that endurance doesn't increase equipment load. That's dedicated to a whole new stat. But having spells tied to your mana and using mana estus is better than being tied to spell counts that can run out.
>>
>>381538364
I knew I saw this post coming after that video
>>
>>381540892
>what made Bloodborne so great.
the constant fps drops?
>>
File: 2374861794.jpg (139KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
2374861794.jpg
139KB, 1023x682px
>>381538173
>DeS
Prototype DaS
>DaS2
Screw this game. It's not an enjoyable experience its only frustrating
>DaS3
Has the best combat out of the DaS games if you're a dexfag
>BB
The love of my life
>>
>>381541000
Hilarious. But no. Bloodborne had some of the best atmosphere I've ever seen from a game. It was punishing, and had the best level design and music. FYI, I played the Dark Souls trilogy on PC, and never really cared about the framedrops in Bloodborne.
>>
>>381538173
Demon's, Dark and Bloodborne are the only ones that really mater. DaS II and III are very good in their own right, but aren't really necessary.

Also, has anyone made a chart for souls games/souls like? it seems like there's enough "rip-offs" to make a chart now.
>>
>>381540539
>>381540705
I managed to get through it, and his points are okay, but he's still e-celeb trash.
>>
>>381541209
I love BB but if you don't see how the fps drops make the game unplayable sometimes there is no help for you.
>>
File: Trilogy hours.png (143KB, 439x285px) Image search: [Google]
Trilogy hours.png
143KB, 439x285px
>>381541325
Never bothered me that much except at the start. And again, I played the DaS trilogy on PC. Here's proof.
>>
>>381541429
post speccs if you don't play in 4k and 60fps there is no reason for arguing with me.
>>
Nioh >>> DS/BB
>>
>>381539995
>pretty good
I'd agree with that, still objectively the worst souls game
>>
>>381541480
I can't at the moment, I'm actually using a laptop from a friend at the moment cause my PC's in the repair shop. I get it back on Saturday.
>>
The best game is the first one you played. The worst one is the one you played last.
>>
Dark Souls 2 had more good decisions made for it than Dark Souls 3 did.
Not even bait. Bonfire ascetics and readjusting stats along with power stances were somd good shit.
Still can't fathom why they limited it to only 5 per fucking playthrough in 3
>>
>people who don't like 2's gameplay

I'll never understand this meme. It's literally the same game play as the first game.
>>
>>381541512
Next dlc when?
>>
>>381541325
If it's unplayable how did I play it? Am I some sort of god?
>>
Dark Souls = Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

Pure preference which you prefer out of 1 and BB but they are undeniably the best games in the series.
>>
>>381541480
Not him, but I play at 1440/60 on my 1070 meme machine and I prefer BB at sub-30 to the other games due to how much better it is in every meaningful way than all the other games in the series (combat, atmosphere, narrative, properly-functioning game mechanics, weapons, beast/kin, enemies, bosses, etc).
>>
>>381538173
BB > DS1 > DeS > DS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS2

This is objective fact, you cannot disprove it
>>
except for adp and all spells are shit.
>>
>>381541856
Overall, I'd actually say DaSI is a little better than BB. But just barely.
>>
>>381541656
>>381541889
wups
>>
>>381541860
Replace 3 and 2 and you're right
>>
>>381542008
DS1 = BB > DS3 >>>>> Skyrim >>>>> DS2
>>
>>381541751
Nope you're used to shit mate. Maybe one day you will get the chance to play in 60fps and 4k or +100fps 4k. It will open your eye matie.
>>
short question, is DS3 worth buying?
just had a ps4 and i dont expect much because everyone here hates it, i just want some PVP fun and experience with different builds....
>>
>>381541889
>spells
>shit in 2
Clearly we were playing different games
>>381542073
Even you don't believe that
>>
>>381542127
But you said it was unplayable, how did I play it?
>>
>>381541942
I'd say anyone who rates DkS1 above BB values exploration above everything else. BB does everything than DkS1 better aside from world interconnection and equipment -- and of course PC-spec performance.
BB is objectively better in basically every other criteria.
>>
>>381538173
Why do we have to argue? Why can't we debate and discuss like reasonable people?
>>
>>381542154
I said sometimes otherwise I would not but this much time into it.
see
>>381540462
>>
>>381541656
If the first one went crazy with startup and recovery frames on every single action, including but not limited to rolling, attacking and blocking, made attacks slower, tied roll distance to weight, had a widely available and cheap health regeneration consumable you could stack which rendered Estus moot, had enemies track you up to the very last frames on windup, had severe hitbox issues, tied iframes to stats, reduced base iframes, absolutely murdered SL1 runs, did not let you face enemies while moving backwards on lock on, had severely uninspired bosses with severely uninspired movesets, had as little level design as humanly possible, had not spread useful items before the story progression wall to incentivize sequence breaking, did not require a limited consumable to reach certain areas, yeah. I'm probably forgetting more, dropped this game a week or two after launch.
>>
>>381542158
I don't know man. Like I said, it's just barely. I think I has a little more replay value to me overall, but that's because I'm an overpowered god in it. I'm on a magic build, and because of my build, pretty much every boss dies in 1 or 2 hits from my spells, and sometimes, I just really like feeling overpowered in games. I can't really be that overpowered in Bloodborne to my knowledge.
>>
SOTFS is on sale, but I noticed my system is kinda bordering the recommended specs. I could run the vanilla game at high framerate no problem, is it much heavier on performance?
>>
>>381541209
>best atmosphere

DUDE BLOOD

DUDE ZOMBIES AND PUS LOL
>>
>>381542497
>Zombies and pus
Thanks for telling us you've never played the game.
>>
>>381542497
Holy fuck lol
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1063x1075px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1063x1075px
>>381542574
Not a zombie
>>
File: file.png (144KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
144KB, 440x247px
>>381542574
NOT A ZOMBIE DUDE I SWEAR
>>
>>381542636
Yeah, that's not a zombie anon. A zombie is literally a dead human that has risen back to life, and is looking to eat people's flesh. These things suck your blood, they're more like vampires than anything else. Even then, they only appear in 2 areas in the entire game. Idiot.
>>
>>381542636
It's a giant tick actually.
>>
>>381538173
Objectively:
BloodBorne>Demon's Souls>Dark Souls 1>Dark souls 3>Dark souls 2:SOTFS>Dark Souls 2
Subjectively:
Dark Souls 1>Bloodborne>Demon's Souls>Dark Souls 3>Dark Souls 2>Dark Souls 2:SOTFS
>>
File: file.png (129KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
129KB, 441x248px
>>381542574
NO UNDEAD HERE
>>381542701
All undead are the fucking same. Every game ever uses vampires, werewolves, and zombies. The only good enemies in BB are the Kin types.
>>
>>381542636
That's a vampire hag
>>
>>381542836
That's not even a person you dummy. It's a puppet.
>>
BB was the last one I played of the whole franchise (including all DLC), and I was pretty disappointed by it. It shares the same combat problems of DaS3, which are enemies with nonsensical frame data whose only pattern of behavior is to rush you and try to stunlock you regardless of what weapon they're carrying. The same problems are shared with bosses in these two games, from Ludwig to the Pontiff, but Bloodborne might be a little worse. The only reason it's beatable at all is because you get 20 fucking estus flasks that can be used in half the time that Estus was used in DaS1.

I don't get the meme that "Dex fags love Bloodborne". I loved rolling around in the first three games because enemies had a good deal of attack variety but they adhered to their own rules, i.e. a greatsword user wouldn't arbitrarity cancel out of his recovery frames to do a stunlock rush (the closest there were to this kind of bullshit were the Alonne Knights). Bosses also didn't have bloated HP bars, with the exception of the optional DaS2 bosses. The difference between Kalameet and Midir is staggering, so that even if Midir should be the more fun to fight against, the fight is so long that it overstays its welcome very quickly.

I'll definitely say that BB has the best setting and story of all the games, by far. But the combat is the worst, or possibly a tie with DaS3.
>>
>>381538173
No.
>>
>>381541951
What's wrong with spells?

>adp
So level it up. Or time your rolls better.

>>381542358
The attacks are generally just as slow as the first game though. Roll distance doesn't get affected all that much, keeping it under 70% is the only thing that matters. The stackable health bits work completely differently than estus and don't heal you all that fast. Use Estus during fights and stones in between encounters. They balanced this by making Estrus a more limited resource. Backstab fishing was gay as he'll in the first game, now you actually have time your dodges to get behind them. If you can't handle smaller i frame winows level up adp, it's there for a reason. SL1 runs are supposed to be hard. Don't understand your lock on point. Wrong, lots of great bosses and great levels. You can choose your path from majula onward with less linearity than the first game that also had strict progress requirements. Skipping one or 2 bosses before sens fortress ain't all that much freedom. Limited consumables encourage smart use of them. Yeah, I can tell you're a faggot who hates change and will cry about anything different from the game that introduced you to the series, no need to tell me. Of course you didnt play it for more than a couple of weeks.
>>
File: 1266015074822.jpg (19KB, 250x322px) Image search: [Google]
1266015074822.jpg
19KB, 250x322px
DeS = BB (both had that "first time" effect and felt unique) > DaS (took the ideas from DeS, polished them, which made the game more beginner friendly) > DaS 2 = DaS 3 (they had no soul, still good games on their own)
>>
>>381543153
Why do people make comments about things they don't understand? When someone says "frame data", you expect them to start talking about frame data instead of spouting gibberish about something else.
First, no enemies stun-lock in BB except bosses, and even then only a couple are capable of this. There is no normal enemy that can repeatedly attack you while you're helpless -- you can always dodge away between hits due to how low hitstun is in BB.
Second, enemies aren't "cancelling out and attack to do a stunlock rush", they have an AI option select that accounts for your position relative to them, basically so it's very hard to behind them or spam dodge like a retard. However, this too can be reliably learned. This is no different than a basic rekka in a fighting game and you have to be aware of two or more outcomes to certain strings. This sort of thing was needed because enemies "adhering to their own rules" really meant "you are going to shit on these enemies with impunity", which was the case for the first two games as the regular enemies in DeS and DkS1 were a fucking joke.
>>
Comfyness
DaS2 > DeS > DaS > BB > DaS3

Fashion Souls
DaS2 > BB >= DaS > DaS3 > DeS

these are the only qualities which matter in a game and dark souls 2 clearly stands above the others
>>
>>381543561
>The attacks are generally just as slow as the first game though.
False. The movement speed did increase though, which only made this change more jarring.

>Roll distance doesn't get affected all that much, keeping it under 70% is the only thing that matters.
Yes, it does. You have no reason to even try heavy armor, it's better to just stick with whatever percentage you got and memorize the distance of the roll, otherwise you'll often find yourself short or far from enemy openings you roll into.

>The stackable health bits work completely differently than estus and don't heal you all that fast.
Fast enough to save you from most bosses killing you. Most enemies, too. I should know, I did it.

>Backstab fishing was gay as he'll in the first game, now you actually have time your dodges to get behind them.
Instead you have these armored guy bots on rollerblades spinning all over you during attacks.

>If you can't handle smaller i frame winows level up adp, it's there for a reason.
Yeah, burn levels away and make you look up break points.

>SL1 runs are supposed to be hard.
Actually, SL1 runs are pretty reasonable difficulty wise and that's intentional design. It wasn't until 2 that you're left so crippled.

>Don't understand your lock on point.
In the other games, if you're locked on to something and move backwards, you backstep while still facing the enemy. In 2, if you're locked on to something and you move backwards, you turn around and just run.

>Wrong, lots of great bosses and great levels.
Could have just had the courtesy of putting the bait on top so I didn't waste my time replying, very rude. Seriously, name one good instance of level design. Hard mode: Besides the cave with the boat which seemed to be leftover content.

1/2
>>
>>381542153
Ok, you're right. I didn't put enough >s infront of DS2
>>
>>381543561
>>381544456
>You can choose your path from majula onward with less linearity than the first game that also had strict progress requirements. Skipping one or 2 bosses before sens fortress ain't all that much freedom.
Not really, no. All it took was getting the Master Key. In 2, you get to pick 3 or 4 dead ends with 3 areas, each with their own bosses to beat. Meanwhile, 1 lets you travel to 7 to 8 areas without fighting any boss, more if you take an unintended skip, but most importantly these areas had valuable loot, something 2 lacked. Everything is behind the soul paywall. I can't even remember what was behind the stone statue girl.

>Limited consumables encourage smart use of them.
Hard to be smart about limited items when you're making blind guesses. And now you reminded me of the stupid illusion wall system.

>Yeah, I can tell you're a faggot who hates change and will cry about anything different from the game that introduced you to the series, no need to tell me.
Well, if spelling out everything wrong with the game won't get through you battered housewives, nothing will.

2/2
>>
I feel like the only one really lacking is Dark Souls 3, it did nothing new and is just a rehash of existing concepts.

While Dark Souls 2 has issues at least it did new shit.
>>
>>381542153
>we were playing different games
Quite possible if you played before offensive miracles got nerfed.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.