[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portable Emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: vita3d.jpg (62KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
vita3d.jpg
62KB, 640x340px
What is the go-to device for portable emulation these days?

I already have CFW PSP but i'm looking to move to something better.
>>
An android smartphone
>>
>>381537421
>no buttons

And no I rather not carry a gamepad with me.
>>
>>381536769
Vita, you can get a 4/8GB memory card with the system and just run Retroarch.
>>
Cant beat the original console but if you really want you can get those mini controller for smarthphone
>>
>>381537689
Can the Vita do PS1/N64 emulation?
>>
New 3DS and Vita both offer Retroarch. Old 3DS only has SNES emulation over the PSP, but a lot of stuff still just doesn't work or does so very sub-optimally, and otherwise you're better off with a PSP.

>>381537851
PS1 yes, N64 no. Can even do PS1 "natively" like the PSP could.
>>
>>381537594
xperia play
>>
>>381538253
now youre just beong silly anon
>>
>>381536769
N3DS is probably the best device for 2D game emulation at the moment.

The low res screen suit old games perfectly.
>>
>>381537594
She's completely right though anon, modern smartphones are ridiculously powerful and are currently the best option for portable emulation.

Just attach a gamepad shell to it and you're golden. Why the hate for smartphones?
>>
>>381536769
You might also want to look into the Nvidia shield. One of the more capable devices.
>>
>>381537851
>PS1
Yes like the PSP but filters and L2 R2 option
>N64
Yes but through the PSP which is slow.
Retroarch will support N64 emulation in the nearâ„¢ future.
>>
>>381536769
N3DS
+Better GBA and SNES
+3DS Games
+DS Games if you have a flashcart
-Neigh Unplayable PS1
-No PSP and PSV

Vita
+Better Screen
+Better d-pad
+Dual analog for PSP and PS1
+Vita and PSP
+PS1
-Slightly worse GBA and SNES but still playable
-No DS and 3DS

Battery life is about the same, size is about the same.

It all boils down if you rather have PS1 + PSP + PSV or DS + 3DS games.
>>
File: Curious Cat.jpg (8KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
Curious Cat.jpg
8KB, 250x201px
>>381538337
How easy is it to emulate games on a N3DS?
>>
>>381538886
Too big for a portable.
>>
>>381536769
GPD Win or kill yourself.
>>
File: 1476132259077.png (357KB, 550x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476132259077.png
357KB, 550x480px
>>381538672
Did you just assume my gender? Shitlord
>>
>>381543015
>buying a shitty GPD Win

Its overpriced shit that lacks support in case of faulty hardware.
>>
>>381540060
>Yes like the PSP but filters and L2 R2 option
Vita's native emulator has bilinear which is the only filter you'll ever need, and so many options to assign L2/R2 to either the backpad, the four corners of touchscreen or whatever else that you really can't bring this in favour of emulation.

I'd rather point out the options to up the clockspeed or be able to take screenshots whenever since for some stupid reason only a handful of PS games, mostly SHMUPS, allow screenshots, and it's super unwieldly since you have to bring up the Select menu by holding the button and then navigate through the menu and take a screenshot.
>>
>>381543015
Is there that much of difference between the Win and XD?

Having to use Windows on a 5.5 screen would be awkward I imagine.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.