[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FF 15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 554
Thread images: 81

File: Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png (1MB, 1920x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png
1MB, 1920x1230px
I know im beating a dead horse here but i always was a big FF fan and now i own a ps4.

If my favorite ff games are older ones from the psx era, could i have fun with 15?
From what ive seen it seems a bit "soulless" and the battle system looks weird...
Can someone give me a quick rundown on what they thought about this?
>>
>>381534601
Just get WoFF
>>
>>381534601
I enjoyed it, but soulless is a good descriptor, product placement out the ass.
>>
>>381534601
meh, wait till all the dlc comes out then play it
>>
>>381534601
Literally a early access game. Wait until it's finished.
>>
I actually enjoyed the melee combat a lot. Magic was lame. the open world was large and boring, like most of them are. Didn't care for any of the characters. The only song I remember from the 18 hours I spent with it is the title track, which was pretty good.

If they ever finish the game, I'd like to give it another go. It's a mess right now though
>>
The first half of it has a lot more charm and soul than FF14, especially in terms of the characters and their relationship

The combat system isn't anything special and the second half kind of shits the bed but I look back on my time road tripping around and exploring the world pretty positively
>>
>>381535760
they should have had hidden villages in the forest, and monster villiage. They also should have let you wonder the dark world
>>
It's very mediocre at best. If you can get it for like 20 bucks you might enjoy it a bit, everything over that is too much.
>>
>>381534601
I stopped playing FF's at 10 because I absolutely hated that game and most of what Square has done since. I gave XV a try because I haven't really tried anything of theirs in almost half a decade and the result is it's ok/10.

I like most of the technical aspects of the game it looks nice and it plays a little better than most open world stuff, but the story is just bland beyond belief and the characters are like cliches of cliches at this point. I'm not expecting the greatest story of all time either, in fact my expectations were in the toilet concerning this game, but it doesn't even reach the levels of their past successes I'll never get something as complex and great as FFT again or even as fun stupid as FF4/6/7/9 it's just boring current anime characters in a flat unimaginative plot and it has two hundred and one call backs to earlier games which at first seems endearing but it gets real fucking tiring quick when you realize nothing new is being done with all this amazing tech and the well designed aesthetics of this fifteen years in the making game.

I like the world and the food system and the dudes in the party can feel like real bros at times, but my immersion and interest is broken pretty quick at constant intervals due to stupid characters and the ongoing terrible "Hot Topic-ization" of the series and it's designs.
>>
It's a fun game, goes from open world to linear towards the end when shit gets serious. The best thing to do is play up to the point where it gets linear then jump back to the open world part and do sidequest. Once you get bored of that finish the game.
>>
File: ffxv_ardyn.jpg (54KB, 765x765px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv_ardyn.jpg
54KB, 765x765px
I just beat it thanks for the thread.

What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>381536345
You shouldn't ask questions like these because people will attack you and tell you that you were supposed to read some random ass notes in the world, watch a fucking movie, watch an anime and the 200 streams before the game was released to actually know what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>381534601
The PSX era FFs are the most story-heavy ones, and this one's story is complete ass, so no, you probably won't like it.
>>
>>381536414
I saw the movie and a couple episodes of the anime. I know fucking zip about Ardyn except that he wants revenge for something and is immortal.
>>
>>381536501
ok, thing is, why is it so hard to just make a comfy FF game again? I just want some likeable Characters, an ok story, interessting world/towns to explore.

I mean would it have sold so bad if they just put a little more effort on what i would call "soul",then graphics and photographing stones?

in short: what were they thinking?
>>
It's rushed and mediocre. The story lacks a second act. Side quests are mostly MMO tier. Monster hunting can be kinda fun, though.

Eventually, you get a magic ring that lets you fuck basically everything without much effort. It's a story item - it doesn't take any effort to get.
>>
>>381536754
Its development cycle was just a huge clusterfuck. I also think they focused way too much on having an action based combat system and an open world
>>
>>381536754
The game seems rushed and oddly paced. There isn't enough information about characters to really give a fuck, same with the villains. I appreciate their ambition to go for such a large scope but it just isn't that good, I enjoyed it and it is actually fairly charming. But it is definitely missing something.

The final battle is damn gorgeous though, the dungeons were cool, and the gameplay was fairly fun. They also plan to do more content in the future which is story based and will include things such as ardyns past or additional characters to play as so that is nice.
>>
>>381534601
Wasnt worth the 10 year wait. I checked vidya news everyday hoping for news and well, this is what my wishful thinking and wasted youth turned into.
>>
>>381534601
I put in over 60 hours in the game, but dropped it when I reached Altissia. I literally did EVERY sidequest before leaving the mainland. In my opinion, despite what others say, the combat is excellent. My favorite aspects of the game where going through the dungeons. Even some of the hunt sidequests were pretty epic. I had a 20 minute battle against Liches in the dead of night, where I barely held out, until my summon came to the rescue.

As for the narrative, well, there's a good story somewhere in there. The problem is the game has no interest in telling it. It's not a matter of poor writing; the developers very intentionally avoid anything storyline based. The cutscenes are far and few between. The characters' pasts are almost never explored. Relationships are only seen in the present. And the relatonship between Noctis and Luna is never explored.

So once the dungeons/open world dried up, I dropped the game. The story just wasn't interesting enough for me to finish it. I've heard the ending is heartfelt, but there is literally no moment in the game prior to that where I felt any emotion towards the story or characters.
>>
>>381536754
Well world of Final Fantasy was pretty comfy
>>
>>381536754
I want romance, in addition to all that.
>>
>>381536754
In short, it's graphics. If you think about it, despite the open world meme most modern games are actually quite restrictive and less functionally open than classic games. That's because with the current expected level of graphical fidelity, it's just not practical to create the sheer number of assets required for a game with the scope of say, FFVII. Even though XV's story was a mess, it could've been a decent game if there were actual towns and places to explore, but instead we get one extremely bland continent, a pathetic excuse for a town, and only one proper city which ultimately feels about as interactive as the prerendered backdrops of yore.

As far as story, there was definitely a lack of clear leadership/vision which I personally attribute to a couple of factors. The first actually goes back to graphics again, because with the inflated budgets(i.e. higher financial risk) executive meddling and focusgroups are much more of a force than they used to be, resulting in simpler, more generic stories.

The second is the saturation of the games industry and tech in general. Basically all the actual competent workers are getting spread thin across a bunch of competing companies, and no one company has a monopoly on all the good guys. This might sound like more of a technical issue, but I think people vastly underestimate the degree to which the "grunts" are actually responsible for the meat of the game, even if it's the idea guys like Nomura/Tabata that get all the credit.

The third is that we're living in the information age. People thought it'd be characterized by enlightened discussion and debate, but instead it turned into re-re-re-re-re-regurgitated ideas, memes, otaku culture, and unprecedented circlejerking and extremism. That Hayao Miyazaki quote is extremely relevant. Stories and culture ultimately arise from physical reality. What we're doing now is like saving a JPEG over and over.
>>
>>381534601
It's a mess that tried to use the rotting corpse of versus, a bunch of dumb decisions from both directors, still fixing the game and putting shit in 8 months later, and are now trying to put in everything they can think of in attempt to make it seem like they actually care
If you still want to play, do what everyone here that isn't an autistic ultrafanboy says: Wait for the complete edition that they'll eventually release
>>
>>381537882
>Even though XV's story was a mess, it could've been a decent game if there were actual towns and places to explore, but instead we get one extremely bland continent, a pathetic excuse for a town, and only one proper city which ultimately feels about as interactive as the prerendered backdrops of yore.
No, no, no, fuck off.

Fuck off.

FUCK OFF
U
C
K
O
F
F

you didn't play the game. There ARE multiple towns, and there ARE places to explore. The dungeons in this game are the best in any game of the series. Stop trying to apply FFXIII memes to FFXV.

>HURR HALLWAY SIMULATOR TECHNOLOGY IS SCREWING OUT THE OLD RPG
FFXV is the most classic Final Fantasy in terms of exploration since IX.

The story is the problem, not the world or the exploration. If you disagree, you haven't played the game.
>>
>>381536414
Or you can just listen to what Ardyn and Bahamut say in the game.

>>381536241
Long story short, he's a Jesus allegory that became a very salty demon after Pontius Pilate stole his crown and made him become the world's most hated man.
>>
>>381537372
If you like that gameplay loop you should finish the story since there's still a lot of dungeoning to do post game once you get the dungeon seal key and the flying regalia.
>>
>>381537372
>a section based on a romance worse than Rinoa and Squall

No thank you. Luna should have remained a big sister character because Noctis showed little-to-none interest in her romantically wise. Even the kiss at the end of the game was lackluster. Although with SE trying to pull off this alt timeline shit maybe it's supposed to feel like two entirely different characters interacting.
>>
Don't do it.

This is one of the few times /v/ was right. FFXV is a terrible game. They tried to copy Skyrim. It plays and feels nothing like n FF game. Little emphasis on story or characters, Kingdom Hearts combat (but somehow, much worse). It's about as much an FF game as the online ones are.

By comparison, FF13 at least tried to stay close to the series roots with its gameplay, even if it abandoned loads of the things which made the series great like exploration, intricate towns and cities, cool dungeons, and so on.
>>
File: Reaction ash.jpg (96KB, 627x474px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction ash.jpg
96KB, 627x474px
>gladio leaves your party for some reason
>dragoon chick joins your party
>you don't get to learn anything substantial about her
>no important or dramatic storyline moments happen when she's with you
>she leaves
>gladio shows up again without ever explaining why leaving you was so important
It's little touches like this that make me wish misery on the development team.
>>
>>381538761
>lovers who met as children
>THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN BROTHER AND SISTER
Kill yourself. Literally kill yourself and die. There shouldn't be a single person on any board of 4chan with an opinion this shit. Childhood friend romance is sacred here.
>>
>>381535882
>The first half of it has a lot more charm and soul than FF14
You know nothing of 14.
>>
>>381538227
Jesus christ I'd be inclined to call you XV-kun if you didn't at least acknowledge the story has problems.

>There ARE multiple towns
Two technically counts as "multiple," so you're not wrong there, but nobody likes a pedant.

>The dungeons in this game are the best in any game of the series
That depends on how you define dungeon. FF has historically eschewed traditional dungeons for the most part and tends to combine dungeons and story locations. That said, if you go strictly by "dungeon-only" locations, then yeah, XV has the other games beat. It's more of a QoL improvement than anything game-changing, though.

FFXV doesn't feel like traveling the world. It feels like a bland roadtrip interspersed with some cavediving and then a very rushed and railroaded ending scenario consisting of a handful of barely-finished setpieces.
>>
>>381534601

I went in with caution. FFXIII was a massive disappointment for me and the decade in development hell didn't speak well for this one either.

However, it won me over quick. The first few chapters are very good and exploring the massive map is exciting. I felt like standing on the precipice of something immense and was thrilled for more.

Then, some 30 hours in, the reality hit me.
It's literally impossible to get a game over in this. The whole sense of dread that night time brought in the beginning evaporated, and much of the immersion with it. There's no danger, you can clear the game at lvl1 while spamming basic potions, which is idiotic. The combat became a chore and questing with it. There's no meaning in leveling up. You don't need money either. Selling shit you find on the field makes you more gil than you ever need.

Then, what you thought was a prologue to a grand adventure comparable to the classic FF games turns out, in fact, to be the whole deal. Leaving Altissia, you clear the rest of the game in less than two hours.

The game's like fireworks. It starts out cool and burns brightly for a while, but then fades out quietly well sooner than you'd like. The ending managed to pull things together in an emotional fashion, but couldn't undo the bitterness left by all the wasted potential.

I did end up putting nearly 80 hours into the game and platinum'd it, and don't regret playing, but I'm still galled. It COULD have been a 10/10 game. Because of that, the 7-8/10 conclusion feels downright criminal.
>>
>>381538227
>The dungeons in this game are the best in any game of the series.
12 had better.
>>
>>381538897
>Childhood friend

He met her when he was a kid and then afterwards they never met each other again. Their big romance is reduced to them sending flowers and shit back and forth in shitty notebook. Last I checked having a penpal doesn't equal a childhood friendship or a romance. Prompto is more of a childhood friend to Noctis than Luna is.
>>
>>381539050
>The combat became a chore
Yeah. Seriously yawn-inducing at times. The dumbest was during that final boss where it's literally:

combo boss
boss hits you
"die", drink potion
repeat until you win with no risk of real death

this being the final boss of the game, it felt unbelievably poorly designed
>>
>>381539013
>Two technically counts as "multiple," so you're not wrong there, but nobody likes a pedant.
There are multiple settlements, as well as people spread across the wilderness.

>That depends on how you define dungeon. FF has historically eschewed traditional dungeons for the most part and tends to combine dungeons and story locations. That said, if you go strictly by "dungeon-only" locations, then yeah, XV has the other games beat. It's more of a QoL improvement than anything game-changing, though.
Stop changing the goal posts. Before you were criticizing the lack of exploration. Now you're saying, "w-w-well the dungeons don't have anything story related". Those are separate arguments.

>FFXV doesn't feel like traveling the world.
Holy fuck, you are such a fucking shitposting piece of garbage. It's obvious you didn't play the game and want to force FFXIII criticisms on it, even though they don't fit. No one here is asking you to like this game. I don't even really like it. But don't come into these threads and start shitposting criticisms that don't fit, because you want the game to fit your narrative for the death of vidya. You WANT FFXV to not have exploration. You WANT it to be linear. You WANT to think that it's an empty world, because that allows you to push the retarded idea that the old games don't exist anymore. But they do. FFXV is an old FF in terms of gameplay. Sadly, it's not an old FF in terms of story. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>381535419
>product placement out the ass.
What was there besides cup noodles?
>>
>>381539239
That wouldn't have been a big deal had we actually gotten a cutscene or section of the game based around that, like in VII.
>>
>>381539462
American Express
Coleman
>>
>>381539410
Kek. the entire map is flat and it varies between desert field and grassy field, that's it. XV has no world, it feels like an early access tech demo.

>FFXV is an old FF in terms of gameplay
i don't remember old FFs allowing you to invincibly heal yourself infinitely.
>>
>>381536345
he's a petty dick
>>
It's a great game and a ton of fun, but not without its faults. To call it "soulless" is kind of stupid, because there is no real way to measure that. Why wouldn't clicking through menus and waiting your turn in FFVII be "soulless?" Just a thought.

That said, the combat and exploration in FFXV is very different from the PS1 (and earlier) FF games. It's more akin to the newer ones. Not better or worse, just different.

I really like FFXV, but the jew in me says wait a few more months. Final Fantasy games inevitably hit $19.99 relatively quickly.
>>
>>381539789
I read that as pretty dick at first.
>>
It's like this:

>FF13 is being developed
>execs see the success of movie games where story is all that drives the game
>FF13 copies this meme and ends up being super linear, incidentally being released just as this meme is dying out

>FF15 is being developed
>probably starts out being like FF13
>at some point in the development execs realize the movie game meme is dead
>execs notice that the 'new thing' is open world games and player freedom
>completely change the course of FFXV development and turn it into Skyrim, GTA, whatever
>by the time FFXV is out, again, Square are behind the curve and open world being some kind of magic way to make a game good is regarded as old fashioned

Square habitually copy western trends to try to make their games have more appeal, and it seems to work in terms of sales, but it gets them a lot of criticism online because it's so clear what their game is
>>
>>381539710
>i don't remember old FFs allowing you to invincibly heal yourself infinitely.
If you've ever once died in any FF game outside of I, II, or Tactics, you need to stop playing video games forever.

>the entire map is flat and it varies between Final Fantasy environments
Are you trying to make an argument here?

>XV has no world
Just say it. You know you want to. You were planning on spamming HALLWAY SIMULATOR months before it came out, and you're still trying to force it now. You're so pathetic that you can't handle the fact that the game doesn't fit your narrative.

Sorry, but XV has an open world and exploration, just like SNES and PSX Final Fantasies. It's the most Final Fantasy Final Fantasy since IX in every way but the story.
>>
>>381539824
When people use the word soulless they probably mean something like they care about the characters, world, and events in the game, and this was something FF used to have but this one didn't, at least not until close to the end of the game.
>>
>>381539410
I'm not really sure where this vitriol is coming from, but I think a fundamental issue is that we're defining exploration a little differently. To be more precise, the word "worldbuilding" might be more appropriate to what I mean. I don't give a shit if there's tons of shit to explore if it's not interesting or meaningful in some way. Hell, if I go by your definition of exploration, then the only FFs which have exploration are the REALLY early ones, like pre-VII. And even then they're not terribly open ended. I can't fathom why you would be into FF if that's what you're really after.
>>
>>381540010
You also couldn't kill bosses in a few seconds at Lv. 1 in those games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfR06KrKWDU

Game is garbage, get off your damage control.
>>
>>381539903
>FF13 copies this meme and ends up being super linear, incidentally being released just as this meme is dying out
Actually the game had to be made in 2 years and had no clear direction of what they wanted to do for a long time left it in a linear state
>execs notice that the 'new thing' is open world games and player freedom
>completely change the course of FFXV development and turn it into Skyrim, GTA, whatever
Versus was open world for a long time, even before skyrim came out. How big it was supposed to be originally though is unknown
>>
>>381540149
Versus was more like XII in the world design, not straight up open world
>>
>>381534601
Don't fall for the memes. FFXV is a definitive Action RPG masterpiece. The hi/v/emind has collectively decided to hate it though. Similar to how they don't like MGSV, The Witcher 3 etc.
>>
>>381540064
What are you even talking about? The locations in the game all had a distinctive tone and design. The buildings, people, music, and scope all varied between them. It's the same as going to different locations in any Final Fantasy game.

Again, the difference is that while locations had major storyline importance in previous games, they didn't always in XV, because the story wasn't there. You're free to criticize the story of XV all you want, but you cannot criticize the game for world building. That's not valid. Just because this is /v/, doesn't mean you can shitpost.

The real issue here is that you just don't want to come out and say, "I didn't like this game because it didn't have a story". You think that that would make you less of a man or that you'd have to turn in your /v/-card. That's why you're trying to force these nonsensical criticisms that don't fit.
>>
>>381540241
>FFXV is a definitive Action RPG masterpiece.
No
>>
>>381540137
>You also couldn't kill bosses in a few seconds at Lv. 1
You literally didn't play VII.

>Game is garbage, get off your damage control.
Fuck off and die you shit eating little faggot. I don't even like the game. I just hate tryhard anal warts like you who force shitty memes.

Just say you didn't like the story. Hell, you can even say you didn't like the combat. But you cannot criticize the game for lacking exploration.
>>
Here's my opinion

The Good
Graphically, it's nice to look at. I like the combat, it reminded me a little bit of FF12. The little side quests you get to do while camping with your friends were pretty cool, makes you feel like you are really friends. You can explore the world almost immediately. I liked customizing my car, even if it was just colors and decals. I also kind of liked betting on the monster fights. I like that I could listen to past Final Fantasy songs almost anytime I wanted.

The Bad
You can explore the world but there's almost nothing to find except a lot of gas stations. All the side quests were pretty much fetch quests and monster hunting, which get boring fast. The driving is cool for a little while, but then it's a chore. You can fast travel but the loading screen takes a while. Also, you can't drive at night at the beginning without running into strong monsters, so you have to pull over and restablished till you are strong enough to fight night monsters. The story is a mess, you can quickly fly through it and I didn't care about any character that wasn't on of your 3 friends. A major event happens to every one of your friends but it happens all off screen. They barely even talk about it and then just move on. One scene involving Prompto and Ardyn is so confusing that after it's done, they put up a loading screen to explain what happened. Chapter 13, they supposedly fixed it to make it go by faster, but I think the length of the chapter was only part of the problem

Overall, I think it's a very mediocre game at best that feels unfinished
>>
>>381540390
>You literally didn't play VII.
Link?
>>
Guide: How to tell if you can trust /v/'s opinions about this game.

>the storyline is shit
>the storyline doesn't exist
>the characters are shit
>the game was too easy
>the sidequests were too repetitive
>the combat is broken
>the camera constantly fucks up
Valid.

>HURF THERE'S NOTHING TO EXPLORE
>THERE'S NO WORLD BUILDING
>THERE ARE ONLY TWO LOCATIONS
>IT'S A HALLWAY SIMULATOR
>EXPLORATION DIED WITH THE PLAYSTATION ONE
>EVERYTHING IS LINEAR AND SCRIPTED
>DON'T PLAY THIS IF YOU MISS THE OPEN WORLD OF THE OLD FINAL FANTASY GAMES
Shitposter.
>>
>>381534601
Story is bad, characters are bad, athmosphere is bad, the open world is average and empty and not impressive visually speaking at all, ALL sidequests are bad, the cities are bad and few, the peformance is bad, the animations are good, the soundtrack that is not old ff music is really good but only a few songs, the combat is unfinished and unpolished.. it might actually be the worst action combat se made yet kh1&2 are miles better, item use has no cooldown or inventory limit which makes the game easy on any difficulty if you dont go for a no item challange, most of the stuff you have seen from trailers in the last 10 years is not in the game, magic only has 3 different visuals fire ice lighting this is for ALL magic in the game, summons are "random" and very few, the hole game feels like a unfinished patchwork product.
>>
>>381540691
Putting on caps and quoting strawmen doesn't make you any less wrong.
>>
>>381539559
American Express was in the game? Where at?
>>
>>381540815
Almost forgot...
the open world only has two enviroments duscae like greenery and desert this is all you get in the open world.
>>
>>381540298
The terrain was so uninteresting. Rocks, dirt, desert and rock like in the dungeons.

People don't know what they're asking for when they say "open world" and shit like this gets made. Lightning Returns believe it or not had explorable areas that you could interact with and a good amount of desert, water, city snd slums. Even 13-2 allowed you to explore a huge city in 3 different timelines. You got to experience the technological advancement and see how the people interacted.

10, 12, 10-2 also gave diverse levels to explore. I mean who in their right mind called those games bad for being linear? 13s linearity stemmed on the idea that they were all L'cie and had to do whatever they were told in the beginning.

XV sacrificed the extremely diverse areas for a continuous open world, and didn't even go all out or have us able to at least train travel to the cities to explore.
>>
>>381540880
If only it were a strawman. Sadly, there are literally shitposters in this thread arguing that the game lacks exploration.

These people need to be permanently IP-range banned desu.
>>
>>381540919
There was a "accepting American Express" sticker on some of the store windows.
>>
The final chapters were great, sad ending though.
>>
>>381541010
>XIII trilogy being good in any way
Stopped reading there.

Anyway, XV has lakes, forests, deserts, Venice, beaches, American West, power plants, Caribbean style resorts, swamps, volcanos, mountains, mist mazes, and more.

Just admit you're wrong and apologize for shitposting.
>>
>>381541024
>If only it were a strawman
It is. You would be destroyed and laughed at in an actual debate about this game so you have no choice but to sit behind your greentexts quoting nobody.
>Sadly, there are literally shitposters in this thread arguing that the game lacks exploration
It does.
>These people need to be permanently IP-range banned desu
Yes, everyone who proves you wrong should be banned.
>>
Did anybody like the summonings? I almost never hear anyone talk about them.
>>
>>381540691
But the bros were the best part of the game
>>
>>381541240
You've been raped over and over in every debate about this game you've tried to engage in. It's clear that you're a shitposting faggot who was spamming 'NO EXPLORATION' may mays before the game came out and couldn't stop even after you were proven wrong.

You're making a complete fool of yourself and are falling on your fucking face.
>>
>>381541221
He never said any XIII is good? Just that they're better than XV, which goes without saying to anyone with a modicum of taste.
>>
>>381535760
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h42A4A1nDA4
>>
>>381541279
They're pretty cool. Reminds me of Odin and Gilgamesh in Final Fantasy VIII.
>>
>>381541221
There were good things about 13 though, like the combat. And some of the monsters looked cool.

FF13 at least feels like an FF game in battle, wheras FF15 feels like some crazy mutant splicing of open world games, Kingdom Hearts and terrible character designs with the FF name slapped on it.
>>
File: lorddoggo.jpg (157KB, 576x543px) Image search: [Google]
lorddoggo.jpg
157KB, 576x543px
>>381541024
>shitposters in this thread arguing that the game lacks exploration.
>>
>>381541221
You need to calm yourself
>>
>>381541469
The XIII trilogy is objectively shit that has no place in Final Fantasy threads. There was nothing redeemable about them on any level. The characters, music, combat system, world, story, and even menus were an explosive bowel movement.
>>
>>381541686
>objectively
>>
>>381538968
Trash WoW clone MMO with bad British voice actors who emote less than a dead fish.
>>
>>381541686
>The XIII trilogy is objectively shit that has no place in Final Fantasy threads. There was nothing redeemable about them on any level
Even supposing this is true, it doesn't preclude all 3 of them from being better than FFXV.
>>
>>381541652
No one will criticize you for hating this game. But no one will tolerate you posting memes about it, either.
>>
>>381541221
>Turned big event bosses into borefests
>QTE guards and autododging
>hold-button combat with little variation (the occasional pause-combo move, and some generally awful d-lefts).
>Made magic less a tool and more a "skip boring fights" button.
>First FF since FF9 to use boring cutscene summons, and managed to make them even worse with them activating in dumb ways.
>The main mixup is teamattacks which are more basic than KH2's Limits, and also lack the resource management, so are just spammable iframes.
>Item usage is straight dumb, when they not only got this right back in KH1, but also in 13 LR.

If you like this game, get the fuck out of /v/.
>>
>>381541763
XIII isn't Final Fantasy. It is not relevant to these threads.

XV is a Final Fantasy game. However bad it is, we can still compare it to other games in the series, which is more than we can do for XIII.
>>
>>381541839
I liked FF9 summons desu
>>
>>381541839
I don't entirely agree with all of those points, but they're valid opinions to have. Good job.

The idiot claiming this game doesn't have exploration could learn from you.
>>
>>381537882
thanks anon had a good read.
>>
>>381541865
FF13
>has a turn-based combat system
>is story-focused

FF15
>has an action-based combat system
>is not story-focused

One feels a lot more like FF than the other one
>>
>>381541652
All XV shills are spergs
>>
>>381542213
XIII has a shitty anime plot, because the director is a waifu faggot. It has nothing in common with actual Final Fantasy storylines.
>>
>>381541010
This.
>>
>>381541221
Look how hard he had to reach to bloat that pathetically tiny list.. XV is such a shitshow.
>>
>>381542671
>>381542604
>still trying to push this meme
the entirety of /v/ is laughing at you
>>
>>381542752
>entirety of /v/
I don't think you speak for every faggot here
>>
>>381541998
Following a Ubisoft map isn't exploration.
>>
>>381542752
He is right and you are wrong.
>>
>>381542752
Speak for yourself, retard.
>>
>>381542853
He's you and you're objectively wrong.

>>381542824
>u-ubisoft
>h-hallways
>i-it can't have exploration
>i-it just can't
You look so sad and pathetic right now. We're looking down on you.
>>
>>381534601
you might like it but not for the same reasons you liked proper final fantasies
>>
>>381542945
>we're
>>
There's an Active Time Report going on.

What in the world is the purpose for this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUSuLtEneWI

Revealing more about future DLCs? I don't know.
>>
>>381534601
Shallow game which should have had a more stylish combat system which is what the concept of a sword conjuring teleporter lent towards. Unfortunately the role of director was given to squares janitor-tier director who made psp spin off games.
>>
>>381543323
They are showing the updates they made for the XboxOneX version.
>>
>start FFXV
>after a very brief introduction to the chars and their mission, I'm at a quest hub
>quest: kill 8 monsters
>walk to monsters, kill them by holding circle and occasionally bashing square
>get reward: potions and some money
>look at other quests, they're similar "kill x of this enemy" things
>decide to ignore these quest hubs and get on with the core mission
>the game keeps asking me if I'm sure I want to continue
>keep saying yes
>the game ends in 20 hours
>feel nothing when the game ends

I feel like I made a mistake, but the quests did seem really boring. Maybe there are certain quests which really add to the experience and you shouldn't skip them.
>>
>>381543323
Probably for the Prompto dlc and th upcoming update.
>>
>>381543558
Nope, most of the quests are that bad and one was even downgraded from the Duscae demo.
>>
File: 1472145989802.png (1004KB, 1043x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1472145989802.png
1004KB, 1043x1037px
>instead of having the invasion be fully playable from Noctis and his friends POV we get a shitty CGI movie and Noctis and his friends are no where in sight

I just don't understand how one man can make so many fucking horrible decisions. I mean, the material is literally sitting right there for him all he had to do was finish it
>>
>>381543323
Lol they are shitting on that guy from the xbox e3 titan gameplay.
>>
File: 1433740758152.jpg (552KB, 1512x1744px) Image search: [Google]
1433740758152.jpg
552KB, 1512x1744px
>>381534601
>what could have been
>>
It's a really love it or hate it game OP I loved it in its original state and the fact they are trying to "fix" it really makes me upset.

I liked how the game the game is all about bros and then at the 3/4 mark convoluted crystal prophecy autism just slams into it full force making the rest of the game extremely disorienting, so you feel just like Noctis.
>>
>>381543752
Tabata = Todd
Mat = dream boy

Prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't.
>>
>>381543323
>just shitting on the guy who played their broken game on stage
tabata really is a dick
>>
>>381541756
>WoW clone
>trash

Thanks for telling me you never played XIV shitpost-kun
>>
>>381534601
I beat it just a few days after it came out.
Game is a shitty piece of trash.
If every post-Release-DLC + the whole story of the Anime-Series + Movie was included in the game itself from the start, it might have just been an underwhelming game due to high expectations. But The way it is it's a cheap piece of shit.
>>
>>381535023
WoFF is fucking terrible
>>
>>381538813
There's a whole DLC that explains why Gladio left the group. He was butthurt about losing to Ravus and went to train with Cor
>>
>>381543947
It's the best game of 2016.
>>
File: 1480787450485.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1480787450485.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>381542752
Who is this cutie?
>>
I have +110 in this game , better play when all dlc get out, fun combat , fun mazes , fun hunts , history (too short). Its a good rpg a meh FF
>>
Are there any games like FFXV where its apparent there was a lot of effort put into everything except the gameplay?
>>
File: ff14_proof.png (44KB, 963x822px) Image search: [Google]
ff14_proof.png
44KB, 963x822px
>>381543914
>nearly subscribed for 2 years to that trash
this pains me.
>>
>>381543794
>a character that would have been the same generic ass female character that we're used to vs a character that was the same generic ass female character that we're used to

Wow
>>
File: 12.jpg (28KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
28KB, 768x768px
>>381544046
>DLC needed to explain the main story
>>
>>381544318
>effort put into everything
xv's story is just as bad as the gameplay
>>
>>381544404
Nice try but your non-argument does not fly FFXV-kun
>>
>>381544502
That isn't xv-kun, he would be defending luna and calling stella shit
Learn to spot kun's better
>>
>>381544502
>>381544587
this 2bh you're a fucking amateur
>>
>>381543947
>>381544056
Thanks for you're detailed and informative analyses of that game. Your posts really add a lot to the discussion, you fucking faggots.
>>
>IT JUST FUCKING CLIPS THROUGH TREES
FUCKING KEK
>>
>>381544430
I like the combat and dungeons.
>>
>>381538227
>The dungeons in this game are the best in any game of the series

there were dungeons? They were just linear hallways
>>
File: 1454840388977.jpg (31KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1454840388977.jpg
31KB, 625x626px
>>381545005
>>
>>381544587
Calling Luna a generic female character is equal to defending her though, because that's what she is.

>>381544643
Had to be bailed out by mommy?
>>
>>381545102
I played the game. The "dungeons" (which all but a few are totally optional) were basically linear hallways.

Except for the mess that was chapter 13
>>
>>381545119
>still calling luna generic
No xv-kun would go into a paragraph rant on how luna was one of the best female FF protagonists ever and that stella was a slut who did nothing but stand there
You have much to learn in this autism dojo, grasshopper
>>
>>381545296
Is that so, FFXV-kun?
>>
>>381545401
Stop. You're embarrassing us all.
>>
>>381545296
Didn't Luna look exactly like a Kingdom Hearts character?
>>
>>381545434
She looks exactly like an adult version of namine
>>
You babies need to learn how to move, youve been having the same autistic thread for over 6 months.
>>
>>381545619
>only 6 months
>>
>>381545426
>defending Luna
>knows what FFXV-kun would do

Suuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee
>>
>>381545752
>thinks everyone who replies to him is the same person
I see clearly now, in the end the FFXV-kun was (You)
>>
>>381545857
I'm the one saying FFXV could've turned out much better. How's that working out?
>>
Camera during combat was atrocious.

Story didn't hold well, don't know why they had to to split the story with a movie and game.

Side quests were garbage.

I enjoyed driving and doing bounties though.
>>
>>381541686
>XIII
>objectively shit
Threadly reminder that nothing is mechanically worse than FFII
>>
>>381534601
If you think that Mass Effect Andromeda's story would be awesome, even if it was just half as good as it is and if you think Andromeda's Open World Gameplay would be fun even if there was less than half to do than it is - you will most likely enjo FF XV...
>>
>>381545752
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/333055607/#333056395
This is xv-kun having a meltdown after luna was confirmed to not be a party member, even though he had been telling everyone for months that she was going to be
Much learning you must do
>>
>>381546131
oh man I remember that thread

good times
>>
>>381539462
Ebony Coffee
>>
>>381544706
I only copied hit shit argumentative ability. Not going to dedicate time to someone who'll only write one line back.
>>
File: World of FF.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
World of FF.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>381543947
>WoFF is fucking terrible

yet better than FFXV
>>
>>381543947
At least it was a finished game, had good optional content which was also harder than XVs content and it has more summons, the music is also pretty good.
The only thing it really does "wrong" is hte chibi artstyle depending on if you hate it or not. It basicly succeeds in what it wants to be
>>
>>381546131
K, how does that relate to this thread?
>>
>>381546131
I remember arguing with him when I repeatedly told him that they obviously decided to throw the idea of Luna being a party member. In the first XV trailers made by TBT, it's pretty obvious that she's going to have a larger role until they've been doing a lot of rewrites. He also kept denying that he said that Luna was going to be a party member even though he's been telling that to everyone for months.
>>
>>381546869
Did you just decide to respond to the conversation without reading the reply chain
>>
>>381536621
>>381536345

>He is the first son of the Sleepless King
>He was a great healer taking the demons into himself to cure the people
>His brother was jealous that the crystal chose him
>His brother started a propaganda campaign to ruin his reputation
>Ardyn and his pregnant wife try to flee the kingdom but she is captured
>given ultimatum to come back and face trial or wife dies
>comes back demands to see his wife
>she is already dead
>For the ONLY time ever he loses control of the demons inside him
>he fights his brother who had somehow forced a deal with the crystal
>his brother kills him
>he wakes up a few hundred years later
>he breaks into the throne room and demands to see his brother
>gets chased out of the city
>decides to get his vengeance for killing his wife and son
>his wife died in childbirth
>his son survived
>his brother never had children and took him as his own
>the current line of kings are his descendants
>this makes Noctis the 115th king not the 114th they thought he was

Almost none of this is explained in game or even the movie
>>
>>381546875
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/332368783/#332382361
Here he is doing it just a week before the reveal that she wasn't going to be a party member. Someone called him xv-kun and he told them to go back to gamefaq like he always does
>>
>>381546986
I don't see the point to making the reference.
>>
>>381547134
m8 I don't know what to tell you if you can't read reply chains or if you can't figure out why I brought it up
>>
>>381547259
There was a discussion about some guy defending Luna and denying he was FFXV-kun.
>>
File: kingnoctis1.jpg (365KB, 1203x1265px) Image search: [Google]
kingnoctis1.jpg
365KB, 1203x1265px
>>381534601
>could i have fun with 15?
Yes, XV is easily the best FF, it's got the most soul and a battle system that actually has direct player involvement instead of you just sitting back watching most of it play out.
>>
Here we go
>>
File: punished ardyn.jpg (164KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
punished ardyn.jpg
164KB, 1280x1810px
>>381536345
He was a savior who got corrupted and demonized.
>>
File: norm by normwest.gif (936KB, 385x206px) Image search: [Google]
norm by normwest.gif
936KB, 385x206px
time for the mass replies
>>
>>381534601
Franchise went to shit after IX avoid at all cost
>>
>>381536414
The anime and prerelease streams have nothing to do with Ardyn.

And Ardyn in the movie just introduces himself as chancellor of Niflheim to Regis and proposes the deal, which is something you learn from the game anyway, and he otherwise just drinks some champaine at a party and then only seen later when Niflheim steal the crystal, which again Niflheim stealing the crystal is something you learn in the game anyway.

You don't have to watch kingsglaive to understand anything in the game because anything important from it is learned in the game, saying you need to watch Kingslgaive to understand XV is like saying you need to watch Rogue One to understand A New Hope.
>>
>>381541580
monsters looked awful. They looked like over designed trash heaps.
>>
>>381541469
13 and 2 were terrible
I hear the combat in 13 3 was much improved on.
>>
File: 457_540.gif (2MB, 540x317px) Image search: [Google]
457_540.gif
2MB, 540x317px
>>381536754
>why is it so hard to just make a comfy FF game again?
XV is the most comfy FF with the most likeable characters, good story and interesting world, don't listen to that faggot he's just talking out of his ass.

I honestly don't know what you are trying to achieve by taking one random negative shitpost against the game as fact instead of actually taking into account people who know what the game actually is about.
>>
>>381548457
>is like saying you need to watch Rogue One to understand A New Hope
wrong way around

Kingsglaive came out first so it's like you saying that you don't need to watch A New Hope to understand Rogue One because it sometimes tells you about events that happened in the previous movie.
>>
>>381542752
look I think 13 is the worse between the two but stop this said hate "is a meme"
I've seen only FF 13 and 15 fags do this and it leads me to believe that those who use this are underage autistic retards.
>>
>>381548658
Don't use logic with xv-kun
>>
File: 1497943321686.png (1MB, 1280x837px) Image search: [Google]
1497943321686.png
1MB, 1280x837px
It's far from soulless, combat is press X to win, story is a joke, but despite everything I still liked it enough that I cried at the end. I couldn't let it go, I'm even planning on getting Episode Prompto. I just love the Chocobros so much, maybe a little homo.
>>
File: chocobo-post-ranch.jpg (1MB, 2439x719px) Image search: [Google]
chocobo-post-ranch.jpg
1MB, 2439x719px
>>381537882
You're full of shit, XV has a world to explore with diverse locations, great dungeons, and it has multiple towns, places like Meldacio, Galdin Quay, Wiz Chocobo post, Cauthess, Old Lestallum etc aren't any differnet than places like Kalm, Costa Del Sol, Chocobo ranch etc. They have stores for items and weapons, place to rest and NPCs, they are the same exact thing as towns or settlements in older FFs.

You just sound like you're talking out of your ass and have no clue what the fuck you're actually trying to say.
>>
>>381547848
>calling a character generic and implying that she is a shitty character is now defending her

You Stellafags need mental help.
>>
These threads have been the same 2 people arguing in a loop for months.
Why?
>>
>>381538781
>This is one of the few times /v/ was right
You mean how everyone agreed it was a great game?

> They tried to copy Skyrim
They literally did not, and even exppliticted stated before it was released that it's not like Skyrim.

> It plays and feels nothing like n FF game
Must be why it feels like an FF all the way down to its core, and FF has always changed combat system so there isn't only 1 kind of FF combat regardless, if anythign the fact that it did change from the previous FF is what only makes it more FF because FF prides itself on change for the sake of change.

>FF13 at least tried to stay close to the series roots with its gameplay,
By making everything autobattle and having literally linear corridors for 12 out of 13 chapters in the game?

XV has towns, exploration, a map to explore, dungeons, sidequests, NPCs to talk to, minigames, likeable characters, classic FF monster designs, classic FF elements like Magitek and a plague slowly destroying the world etc. FF13 has none of that at all.
>>
>>381549037
>2
I think it's just 1 guy yelling at anyone who will listen
>>
Aside from maybe 12, 15 is the best FF we've had since the PS1, making it solidly mediocre.

Seriously, I'm not sure how much longer this franchise can run on fumes. 10 and 13 were awful, 12 and 15 were messes, and 11 and 14 are just ways to fleece fanboys.
>>
>>381538781
>By comparison, FF13 at least tried to stay close to the series roots with its gameplay, even if it abandoned loads of the things which made the series great like exploration, intricate towns and cities, cool dungeons, and so on.
what's sad is that XVkun believes this is your actual argument.
>>
>>381549037
>months
I think it's been like 4+ years
>>
File: 1487009576615.jpg (89KB, 638x465px) Image search: [Google]
1487009576615.jpg
89KB, 638x465px
The first half of FFXV should have been its own spin-off, while the main game should have been the linear parts with more of a focus on the World of Ruin and defeating Ardyn.
>>
>>381549157
So its 1 guy and a bunch of people with no self control giving him fuel.
Thats worse.
>>
File: XVPS4_28.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
XVPS4_28.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>381539013
>Two technically counts as "multiple," so you're not wrong there, but nobody likes a pedant.
Meldacio, Wiz Chocobo Post, Galdin Quay etc are the same thing as Kalm, Chocobo Ranch, Costa Del Sol etc.

>That depends on how you define dungeon
The game very clearly defines dungeon by lableling all of the dungeons as dungeons on the map, and XV has both dungeons as part of the story and optional side dungeons.

>FFXV doesn't feel like traveling the world.
Except for the fact that it does, it feels like a group of bros traveling around the world on a roadtrip, camping out in the wilderness, going to town to restock on supplies, heading out into dungeons for rare loot, which is the entire point. What does the story getting more focused in the second half where it goes more linear have to do with anything? They are still travelling during the second half by train from location to location.
>>
>>381549292
This is an entirely fair and rational stance. The two halves of the game are too opposed to each other.
>>
File: ff6 map gfs_14687_2_439.jpg (67KB, 800x743px) Image search: [Google]
ff6 map gfs_14687_2_439.jpg
67KB, 800x743px
>>381539710
You must be new to FF. How is XV anymore "flat" than this or any FF world map from 1-9?

> XV has no world
Now you're just shitposting for the sake of it.

You could heal yourself on every single turn
>>
>>381549339
>a bunch of people
It's probably just normal anons who are in the thread at the time
>>
>>381534601
Play XIV instead.
>>
>>381549503
Can is ask how big your image/webm folder for XV threads is at this point? It must be like 50gb
>>
>>381539710
Healing has always been broken in these games, man. This ain't no Dragon Quest, no Shin Megumi Tensay, FF games are balls easy.
>>
>>381549592
I am
>>
>>381541130
OUT
THE
ASS
>>
It is a great game Op but if I were you I would wait 3 more months so that all single player dlc are out and you can start grinding for when the game gets multiplayer
>>
>>381540137
>posts a level 1 exploit making use of armiger abilities and a equalizer buff to beat a low level boss negating the point of level 1 to begin with
Is this supposed to prove something to me? Might as well just prove this
https://youtu.be/AJEYrUMV8QU
>>
>>381540024
>care about the characters, world, and events in the game, and this was something FF used to have
6, 7, and arguably 8 were the only FFs that did this half competently, and their writing was a clusterfuck. 1-3 had pretty rough, sparse scripts, 4's writing is so simplistic it makes 5 --which didn't even try to take itself seriously-- look like fucking Shakespeare, 9 had great ideas for characters and events but fumbled on execution, and pretty much every game from 10 onward has been lucky to have a half-competent story.
>>
>>381549480
It feels like he was trying to re-do what he did in Crisis Core, which also goes from light-hearted to mood crusher, but FFXV gives off the feel that there is a huge piece missing. I think if there had been more to do storywise in Altissia, Tenebrae, and in the World of Ruin that the game wouldn't have felt so lacking.
>>
>>381549859
>exploit
>>
>>381547072
How do you know about his wife, son and about that the brother didnt have any son so he took him like one of him?
>>
>>381548205
Man if Noctis looked like this from the get go but no...
>>
>>381541010
You can't be serious.

>>381541469
It isn't, even remotely. XV is objectively superior to every piece of shit FF13 game in existence.

>>381541580
>FF13 at least feels like an FF game in battle
No it didn't, 13 didn't feel like an FF world either. Meanwhile XV feels like FF if it were an ARPG and the world feels distinctively FF, and XV has some of the best character designs in the entire franchise.
>>
>>381549951
I think part of that, even more so than in CC, is that he had to move around someone else's promises and groundwork. Tabata seems to like the Slice of Life style, which is completely at odds with Nomura's style.
>>
>>381541839
>Dipshit resorting to copy pasta memes because he was BTFO

Typical shitposter.
>>
>>381550137
>like the Slice of Life style
>3rd birthday
>crisis core
u wat
>>
>>381542671
You know if you had actually played XV you would know he's right.

>>381542853
How is that faggot right when he's flat out wrong thinking that list is even "padded out" when that is just naming a few areas.
>>
>>381542213
>>has a turn-based combat system
ATB isn't turn based and FF13 is not turn based, it uses the CSB which is a modified ATB which functions in real time, just because you don't move doesn't mean FF13 isn't in real time.

>is story-focused
What does having a story have to do with anything? Every FF has a story.

Just because XV doesn't have a million cutscenes play every 3 steps you take doesn't mean it doesn't have a focus on its story.
>>
>>381543323
It was just a recap of what they showed at E3 but aimed at their Japanese audience.
>>
File: JUSTnomuramyshitup.jpg (279KB, 843x974px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTnomuramyshitup.jpg
279KB, 843x974px
>>381543691
The CGI movie was better than anything we saw in Versus's version of the invasion. And that 2011 Insomina from the versus trailer was even more linear and empty than the insomnia at the very end of the game in XV.
>>
>>381550219
Tabata had no involvement in 3rd Birthday's scenario writing at all, which explains why his other games aren't nearly as fucking stupid.

But, again, those are two examples of him working with pre-existing context, and he STILL managed to shoehorn in some city roaming and a beach episode for CD. Type-0 was all about the SoL angle and it's very much what he was going for with XV. The man has a style and tone of laid back social interaction juxtaposed with battle that he clearly enjoys.
>>
>>381549503
this looks better than anything from XV
>>
File: stlu1.jpg (1MB, 1512x1882px) Image search: [Google]
stlu1.jpg
1MB, 1512x1882px
>>381543794
>>381544502
>Dipshit still posting this bullshit image when it was already proven wrong.
Meanwhile in reality.
>>
>>381548658
>>381548712
Kingsglaive came out first because it was advertisement for the game. The story of the game was done before Kingslgaive even had a finalized form. Trying to argue that because KG came out first that that somehow means that is the new hope to XV somehow being rogue one is asinine.

KG and Rogue One both are about things that happen before the main story and focus on a group of expendable characters that it didn't matter if they died because they have nothing to do with the main story. While A New Hope and XV are the main story.
>>
>>381549952
Yes.
>>
>>381550219
Toriyama wrote 3rd Birthday.
>>
File: r6KVrd9.jpg (114KB, 1233x801px) Image search: [Google]
r6KVrd9.jpg
114KB, 1233x801px
Can't think of any big news as of now other than the Ignis DLC.

I'd be surprised and happy if it's the Omen trailer getting a full story though but it's just a wishful thinking
>>
File: 32yo iggy.jpg (251KB, 930x1080px) Image search: [Google]
32yo iggy.jpg
251KB, 930x1080px
>>381553860
Probably just episode Iggy trailer or maybe something to do with the multiplayer expansion.
>>
>>381552775
ebin
>>
>>381544795
Would you rather get stuck on trees instead?
>>
>>381554146
I would rather them working on something more important, you can just use the chocobo it's faster to get on and off anyway and you can just launch into fights
>>
>>381534601
That Leviathan segment is a good metaphor for this entire game. It's grand in scope but as shallow as a puddle. It's simplistic--almost brain-dead, overly flashy, and fails on execution. The music isn't bad, but like all tracks in the game, nothing is memorable. A lot of questionable design choices and horrible pacing to boot.
>>
>>381554246
The car looks like it moves faster than chocobos, plus you can hit enemies with it.

Do you complain that you can use chocobos as well as the buggy in FF7 too?

In other FFs once you get the airship what purpose do Chocobo's have?
>>
I can't believe people actually give a fuck about discussing this game. It was a massive disappointment in just about every way. Really the only thing going for it is the visuals who are great especially the animations. Unfortunately the combat is so bad that the animations being good doesn't matter because everything is a clusterfuck.
>>
>>381554506
>nothing is memorable.
Hellfire, Ravus Aeterna, Veiled in Black, Stand Your Ground, Somnus, Omnis Lacrima, Dawn, Luna theme, Noctis theme, Cartanica, Wanderlust, Valse Di Fantastica etc.
>>
>>381554661
Most other FFs don't have enemies roaming around and already had offroad vehicles in the game and not as later updates. I'm not saying it's the worst garbage ever, just that they could spend their time on better tings so stop bringing up older games as bad examples like you always do
>>
>>381553758
No he didn't
Toshimitsu Takeuchi did
>>
>>381554690
I can't believe people actually try to shitpost against this game. It was a massive success in just about every way. Really along with the visuals and fantastic animation it also has god tier music, great dungeons, great combat, great characters and the best most emotionally impactful ending an FF has ever had.
>>
>>381554792
Simply naming songs doesn't make the memorable
>>
>>381554978
Don't argue with xv-kun
>>
>>381554690
This, except I'd argue that the game looks seriously disgusting at times like in Lestallum or Altissia, but Duscae and Leide lookede fine for the most part.
>>
>>381554889
>Scenario Director: Motomu Toriyama
https://youtu.be/AgvoibBVhRw?t=31s

Scenario Director = person in charge of the story writing.
>>
File: KH3 launch.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KH3 launch.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>KH3 has launchers
>FFXV doesn't
How does this happen?
>>
>>381555086
Are you retarded
>>
>>381554792
I only remember the Versus ones and that's because I use to watch the trailers a lot back in the day.
>>
File: FFXV_ANewEmpire-3.jpg (192KB, 1500x862px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV_ANewEmpire-3.jpg
192KB, 1500x862px
>>381534601
I hear it's shallow & decided to watch Johnny play it instead.
One day, when I remembered Skullgirls got a phone game & decided to checkbit out, I saw an add for a phone game for it. Upon learning what it was, the subtitle sounded familiar, I laughed & pre registered for it for shits & giggles. So I definitely know it has a whole lot of cash grabs.
>>
>>381541279
having them pop at random means i saw ramuh a hundred times and ice waifu literally once. so i'm a little bitter about that
>>
>>381554817
>Most other FFs don't have enemies roaming around
And? How does that change that you still have multiple means of travel in any of the FFs with a world map, and XV is following suit? People wanted off road driving so they put in offroad driving. You sound mad that you won't be able to shitpost about there not being offroad driving in the game.

>>381554978
They are named because they are memorable, in fact those are among some of the best tracks in FF ever, Hellfire easily the best boss battle theme FF has done.

>>381555035
No one likes you stalker-kun.
>>
>>381553758
No, but he's responsible for most of what sucks about it.

Seriously, keep that guy away from games starting women.
>>
>>381555227
Yeah yeah, you're right everyone else is wrong. Can we just kill this thread now. You'll just insult everyone and call them shitposter or mad anyway
>>
important question, does anyone have the versus and nude models in a .zip file?
>>
>>381555227
>They are named because they are memorable
That doesn't make them memorable, that just means you like them for whatever reason
>>
>>381555139
There was only two songs used in the Versus trailers. Somnus and Omnis Lacrima.

>>381555138
Are you?

>>381555110
>KH3 doesn't let you snipe enemies
>FFXV does
How does this happen?
>>
>>381555110
The answer is Tabata. He even managed to ruin a Shimomura soundtrack.
>>
File: 1491901308432.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491901308432.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>381555178
Heck, a game from 2002 had controllable summons you could use whenever you want. FFXV is a really awful game.
>>
>>381555178
I never even saw Carbuncle or Titan once, and I even played PD for Carbuncle. I saw essentially all Ramuhs and only a handful of Shivas. I fucking hate the summoning in this game.
>>
>>381534601
Why not play FFXIV?
>>
Remember to hide and report xv-kun posts. Even the reply to this one where he will parrot this post.
>>
>>381554506
I like Apocalypsis Noctis a lot and also Hellfire. Titan fight was kind of horrible though.
>>
>>381555280
>hey let me just ignore what he wrote so I can shitpost
Why do you even post in XV threads? All you do is desperately try and ignore any sort of defense made for the game and then pretend shitposters somehow aren't shitposters.

>>381555310
No, they are memorable which is why I could name them just like that. You seem to be in denial.

>>381555324
The answer is XV doesn't need launchers because it already has vulnerable states on the ground, and the soundtrack in the final game is god tier, he didn't ruin anything.
>>
>>381555460
I don't get why he bothers anymore.
>>
>>381555414
Carbuncle only shows up in easy mode iirc
>>
>>381555321
>are you
You really don't know what you're talking about do you. Is that why I got this cheap response
>>381555460
>he will parrot this post.
Yeah looks like he did it with mine
>>
>>381555348
Tabata's PSP FF game has summons more controllable than that shit you think is a controllable summon.

Fuck off SBK91, summons in XV are cutscenes just like they are in FF3-9.
>>
>>381555460
>he is wrecking me so report him
Man you're so pathetic.

>>381555583
No seriously, do you even know what a scenario director is?
>>
>>381555695
You really don't know what you're talking about
Damn, just admit you were wrong
>>
>>381555781
>He still doesn't know what a scenario director is
Just stop posting.
>>
>>381555536
Wait, there's a difficulty setting for XV?
>>
>>381555847
Current easy mode and normal mode, they're adding a hard mode soon.
>>
>>381555828
Can you stop put some effort into this
This is pathetic. Just admit that you didn't know Toriyama didn't write Third Birthday and you don't know what a scenario director does
>>
>>381555939
So you're actually stopping this low to bullshit, you literally didn't know that Toriyama was the scenario director of 3rd birthday, aka the person in charge of the story writing. Like holy fuck man what are you doing?

>>381555959
>shitposting this desperately.
>>
>>381556123
Get i get a screencap of all those (you)'s please?
>>
File: 1459820192318.jpg (120KB, 902x623px) Image search: [Google]
1459820192318.jpg
120KB, 902x623px
Name a more pathetic fuck up than this piece of shit who cares more about fishing and cooking in an action combat game which he chose to dumb down because it hurt his hands and let the animation team get away with the worst combat I have ever seen in gaming.
>>
File: 1485896715512.jpg (25KB, 559x402px) Image search: [Google]
1485896715512.jpg
25KB, 559x402px
>>381555348
tinker bell best girl
>>
>>381556123
Why are you parroting everything I say, I knew what toriyama did. That's why I said he didn't write the third birthday. You keep doing this charade of "omg you don't know" when it's obvious that you are just covering up your ignorance
>>
>>381556123
>scenario director
>the person in charge of the story writing

?????????????
>>
>>381556354
That's what I'm saying, this guy is clueless
>>
File: 71379385220742_AA000401_2.jpg (48KB, 369x356px) Image search: [Google]
71379385220742_AA000401_2.jpg
48KB, 369x356px
>>381556221
This fuckup who cares more about changing shit on a whim and not releasing games and having no idea how to direct worth fuck while splitting games into sequels and wasting time drawing sketches on random games instead of making a single actual fucking game.

Meanwhile Tabata is adding worthwhile updates to XV with the episode DLC and the updates like offroad driving, the freehand camera, more weapons and so on, while fishing VR has nothing to do with the main game XV, and cooking is an intergral part of the buff system in XV so why the fuck are you even trying to complain about that you fucking faggot? And he didn't dumb anything down, if anything he made it MORE manual now comapred to it being automatd back when it was Versus, where it was explicitly stated that in Versus it had entirely auto switch weapons, and the abilities and shit he did in Versus are more simple and basic compared to the stuff he can do in the final game which includes a full variety of weapons and far more abilities and stuff.
>>
>>381539462
Also terra battle & king's knight.
>>
>>381556280
Welcome to xv-kun. He will say one thing and then will forever try to act like it's the truth even if he knows he is wrong, because he never wants to admit that he's wrong. Even though in this case it would help his point either way since all he wanted to do is prove that's it's not written by Tabata so i don't know what he's going on about
>>
>>381536754
I have this exact same question, but not only about the FF series, but JRPGs in general.

Is there a single decent JRPG these days that feels like it has a soul? A fun vibrant world that doesn't feel empty and soulless?
>nep series is boring repetitive and empty
>ff13, 13-2, and 13-3 were all either boring, empty, or both
>Atelier series feels cheap and empty too

Can't find that gives me that same feeling of a believable world with a soul and characters/story that I care about, like FF7 or X did. Can /v/ recommend anything? I'm open to Western games too. Didn't like Skyrim though.
>>
How big is xv-kun's XV thread image folder?
>>
>>381556534
He's released two games this year, even if one is a port
>>
It's one thing if people legit talked about the game, but I don't understand how these XV-kun bait threads are still going.
>>
>>381556280
What have I parroted? I pointed out you don't know what a scenario director is, you then started trying to parrot me pretending I somehow don't know what a scenario director is, despite having just told you what a scenario director is. You then fell into some fucking denial because you can't deal with the fact that Toriyama wrote 3rd birthday, he was the scenario director, he's in charge of the story.

>>381556354
Yes, do you know what a scenario is? It is the story, and being the director of the story means he was in charge of the story.

>>381556456
>>381556583
>This dumb fuck literally does not know that a scenario director is the person in charge of the story.
>>
>>381556634
Xenoblade
>>
>>381556665
>This desperate to act like ports are brand new games
>>
>>381534601
Sure. It cant be as bad as FFXIII at least.
The only square enix game one step further down then that trash is Star Ocean: The last hope.

But even that has funny cringe going for it. FFXIII is just plain borng and non-sensical. And not in a fun Wonderland way.
>>
>>381556719
Why are you pretending like you know what you're talking about? Are you usually this ignorant
>>
>>381556825
I enjoyed the story and cutscenes for ff13. It was just that, though. A movie, that forced you to have boring combat and get from point a to b between each movie scene.
>>
>>381556825
XIII is better than XV.
>>
>>381556814
I'm not desperate, I just stated what is a fact. I even said what they were and didn't even say they were new. I'm sorry that my post makes you upset
>>
>>381556835
Because it's common sense what a scenario director is, why are you acting as if a scenario director isn't the person in charge of a story?

Are you going to tell me that a scenario director somehow isn't the person in charge of a story?

>>381556825
It's a million times better than 13.
>>
>>381557018
>common sense what a scenario director is
You don't know what the job does, you literally just guessed
Wow
>>
>>381556719
Wouldn't that be a scenario writer? Scenario director sounds more like a guy that directs the scenes that were already written for him. Similair to movie roles
>>
>>381556975
So you're acting as if HD ports are brand new games? When you could have seen by the context of my post I was talking about actual new games that he's working on, impying KH3 and 7R, and also how he couldn't finish Versus, not fucking ports and releases or mobile shit.
>>
File: 1489160675736.jpg (143KB, 1084x423px) Image search: [Google]
1489160675736.jpg
143KB, 1084x423px
I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>>
>>381557141
>acting as if HD ports are brand new games
>I even said what they were and didn't even say they were new
Do you have problems reading sentences
>>
>>381557018
They're both heavily flawed in their own way, honestly. You come out of both with the negatives sticking out in your mind and overshadowing the positives. XV is mediocre open world game ARPG. XIII is a mediocre traditional JRPG.
>>
File: 1464195577626.jpg (134KB, 353x362px) Image search: [Google]
1464195577626.jpg
134KB, 353x362px
I always read xv-kun's post in an arrogant voice, it's funny
>>
File: Just fuck my fantasy up.jpg (43KB, 298x439px) Image search: [Google]
Just fuck my fantasy up.jpg
43KB, 298x439px
>worse than all recent open world games (Zelda, Witcher 3, Xenoblade X)
>worse than all recent action RPGs (Nier Automata, Nioh, Bloodborne, KH 0.2)
>worse than all recent FFs (XIV:ARR, WoFF)

Is there anything this piece of shit does right?
>>
>>381556967
No it isn't, in any way.

>>381557080
You cannot be this fucking stupid? Scenario director is literally person directing the scenario, scenario is the story, aka a scenario director is the person in charge of the story. It doesn't fucking matter if they have writers working under them, the scenario director is the one in charge. How can you be this clueless?

>>381557097
Scenario director is still a writing position, and it's the top writing position.

>>381557168
>metacritic somehow matters.
>inb4 you bring up two random fucking threads from months ago where mc scores were brought up as "proof" that mc somehow scores matter
>>
>>381557447
You really don't know what scenario does, made up a role for them, and are now claiming your delusion as fact
Congrats, you are stupid
>>
File: gackt nomura.jpg (61KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
gackt nomura.jpg
61KB, 600x900px
>>381557296
No, I came out of XV with the positives overshadowing the negatives, while in 13 it was all negatives, nothing about 13 is traditional at all.

>>381557445
Must be why it's better than those games.
Meanwhile Nomura can't even release a single new actual game on console and his last new console game was in fucking 2005.
>>
>>381557447
You said story WRITING. Nice backpedal
>>
>>381557542
*Scenario director does
>>
>>381544387

Not the guy you're responding to but I've just started playing FFXIV and have been having a ton of fun. It's definitely more akin to classic FF titles than FFXV. You've probably just gotten burnt out from it but being subscribed for 2 years says something you had to enjoyed it to some extent.
>>
>>381557445

It truely is one of the most mediocre games of all time, especially for a AAA release.

They need to stop all the DLC shit and focus on making the next one worth buying.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (285KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
285KB, 1280x720px
Don't worry XV-kun, I'll tell you when your new favorite phone game is out & we can play it together. I'll even make a thread.
>>
>>381557542
>>381557621
>You really don't know what scenario does
Scenario is literally the story, director is a person in charge, scenario director is the person in charge of the story, and it is a writing position. You are literally braindead because for whatever reason you want to defend Toriyama's honor.

>>381557606
Are you people really this fucking dense? Scenario Director is a writing position, it is the head writing position of someone in charge of the story, what the fuck do you even think a scenario director is?
>>
File: fishingfull.png (692KB, 877x484px) Image search: [Google]
fishingfull.png
692KB, 877x484px
>>381557701
Don't forget the fishing VR. Based Tabata
>>
>>381556948
What I hate about XIII is it spends a really long time trying to force feed you story but gives you absolutely no real context to understand it or any particular reason to care about any character, (except Sazh maybe).

The only way to get some sense of whats going on is to read the text logs. And that is bad storytelling.

Lightning is supposed to be the protagonist and she's repulsive, infact most of the cast is repulsive and not in a particularly fun or interesting way.
Hope is an annoying wet blanket fuckup, Snow is an idiot, Lightning is a bitch, Serah is dead, Vanille is retardedly annoying, and Fang just sorts of shows up randomly. Sazh is ok. Thats it really.

The battle system just takes way too long to get remotely interesting and some fights are frustrating.

I bet I was not the only person who got stuck on that Shiva boss fight for ages and I won't be the last.

(Whats funny is that I found the infamously hard first boss of Lost Odyssey quite easy)
>>
>>381557574
>No, I came out of XV with the positives overshadowing the negatives, while in 13 it was all negatives, nothing about 13 is traditional at all.

I adored XV but am not the kind of person to claim it was a perfect game. The things I liked about it though was it felt like a pseudo reboot of the very first game. Four adventurers seek out crystal(s), weird shit happens involving monsters that are eerily similar to those sprites from the first games. I don't think it was a coincidence that the first game's soundtrack was immediately included in the car playlist.
>>
>>381557679
No, it's easily the best FF and the highest production gone into an FF, and them doing DLC has nothing to do with a FF16 team.
>>
>>381557701
Apparenty this game is in a parallel world.
>>
>>381557701
>>381557824
>durr XV-kun you must like these random side things that don't have anything to do with the main game
No.

>>381557849
I never said XV was perfect.
>>
>>381557849
I unironically enjoyed FF1 more, bugs aside; at least you could die in that game. Also had better dungeons.
>>
File: 1488517151308.jpg (553KB, 2730x3440px) Image search: [Google]
1488517151308.jpg
553KB, 2730x3440px
>>381556634
Berseria felt pretty great so far as the characters, combat, and general plot were concerned. The world/level design was pretty bland and boring but the actual setting itself was nice and you go to a fair amount of towns/outposts/bases/etc. filled with NPCs to chat up, some minigames, merchants, stuff like that.
>>
>>381557846
>any of the summon fights
>hard
The game literally tells you when you fight the first summon (Odin I think) that you can just spam whatever the most recent paradigm its character learned was' basic action over and over until the bar fills up. All of them are so stupidly easy they shouldn't even be fights.
>>
>>381557782
You are really dumb, this is too funny now
Do you even know what the word scenario means?
>Scenario is literally the story
Guess not
>>
>>381557976
You can die in XV, and XV has better dungeons than any FF.
>>
>>381558047
lol
>>
File: 1491925000288.png (27KB, 1134x851px) Image search: [Google]
1491925000288.png
27KB, 1134x851px
>>381558047
>and XV has better dungeons than any FF

I know you aren't serious, but why go this far for a joke?
>>
>>381556634
The Trails series, although most of them aren't "modern" and the most recent games are haremshit.
>>
>>381558043
Do you? Holy fuck man, do you think that someone credited as "scenario writer" isn't someone who is writing the story because it says scenario? Scenario is story, and a scenario director is just a higher rank position of a scenario writer, but one who is in charge of the story.
>>
>>381558047
>You can die in XV
>XV has better dungeons than any FF
What the fuck
>>
>>381558047
Neverreap was a better dungeon than anything in XV and Neverreap is a contender for the worst dungeon to ever exist in a videogame
>>
File: Orange.gif (296KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Orange.gif
296KB, 500x281px
>>381558165
This entire post is hilarious and filled with so much ignorance
>>
>>381557996
In my defence at that point in the game I was probably so bored I wasnt even paying attention properly to the fight system tutorials, so when it actually threw something at me I couldn't just spam attack and heal throughout it threw me for a loop.

I think my general feeling was "ah fuck. I have to play as fucking Snow now. That idiot. Wait? What am I supposed to do in this fight again?".

And yes, I do realise the slight irony there. But the main point is the game just failed to engage a lot of people playing it, and just gave a foreboding sense of alienation all round.
>>
>>381558086
Not an argument.

>>381558120
It is the truth. Crestholm, Greyshire, Pitioss, Costlemark, Balouve, etc are better dungeons than FF has done before.

>>381558181
>durr you can't die in XV meme
Yes you can, and XV does have the best dungeons in FF.

>>381558184
Pitioss alone is a better dungeon than any other FF has.

>>381558335
So you're just shitposting and still can't even give a single counter argument as to what you think a scenario director supposedly is.
>>
>>381558047
>You can die in XV
You can, but it would be ridiculous if you did, given how incredibly easy the game is.
>>
>>381557168
XV certainly made me appreciate XIII more.
You know you fucked up when your game makes me wish I was playing XIII instead.
>>
>>381558392
>So you're just shitposting
Nope. I stated what is a fact on who wrote 3rd birthday. I'm not the one making up lies and spreading ignorance. You should educate yourself the next time you want to start an argument
>>
>>381557846
>Lightning is supposed to be the protagonist and she's repulsive
I want her to tie me up and force me to worship her stinky sweaty feet and sit on my face for several hours
>>
>>381558392
>Pitioss alone is a better dungeon than any other FF has.
>a bunch of shitty platforming
>good
No.
>>
>>381558391
I'm not trying to defend the eidolon fights, I'm just saying they were easy. They were shit fights and some of the worst bosses in history, but they were still easy
>>
>>381558409
>but you can use phoenix downs
Like in every FF.

>>381558546
You can stop resetting your IP already Toriyama drone.

>>381558552
No, you mentioned ONE writer who worked on 3rd birthday, while you ignored that Toriyama was the scenario director aka the person who actually wrote it and was in charge of the story.

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/2010/11/motomu-toriyama-shares-his-thoughts-on-the-3rd-birthday

>Scenario director for The 3rd Birthday, Motomu Toriyama, is the author behind the third entry into the game's development blog. He shares his thoughts on the game's female lead, Aya Brea, and the plot revolving around her and the "Twisted."

>"It's a bit early, but Merry Christmas," said Toriyama. "It was with the desire to spend Christmas with Aya that I joined The 3rd Birthday project. At last, the day where that desire will be fulfilled has come."

>Toriyama assures long time Parasite Eve fans that the concepts of a "snowy New York" and "a story that begins with a blood covered wedding dress" still remains intact. However, he has made a few adjustments to the scenario, gearing it towards a more mature audience with plot developments filled with "astonishing" mystery!

>He asks fans to be sure to enjoy the scenario in its fullest as it even expanded to cover the history behind the "Twisted" incident.

And yet you're still going to pretend he wasn't in charge of the story in 3rd birthday.
>>
>>381558409
This. I suck shit at games and I managed to beat FFXV by holding O and using items.

Meanwhile I'm currently playing through KH2 and it's actually difficult.
>>
>>381558606
Thats probably Toriyama's fetish too.
Just remember its his waifu and he'll cut you should you so much as entertain those thoughts to him.
>>
>>381557976
Don't make me play FF1 again. I can already feel that itch coming back.
>>
>>381558769
>KH2
fun gameplay, world sucks.
>disney and FF characters together
doesn't make any sense and just feels cheap and gimmicky. I just couldn't force myself to give a shit about any of the characters.
>>
>>381558751
>you mentioned ONE writer who worked on 3rd birthday
The main writer who wrote the 3rd birthday
You still don't know what a scenario is either
>>
>>381534601
Combat is fun and actually relies quite a bit on timing and positioning. Magics are pretty much only good for nukes or environmental effects. Stories and characters are okay, but a little bit worst than 13 in terms of telling a coherent story. Overall, it's a good game, but not quite reaching what it could be.
>>
File: 1497981004880.png (234KB, 914x654px) Image search: [Google]
1497981004880.png
234KB, 914x654px
>>381557961
>durr XV-kun you must like these random side things that don't have anything to do with the main game
Stop lying to yourself. You're gonna love 'em. Embrace your true self.
>>
>>381559259
>Combat is fun and actually relies quite a bit on timing and positioning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfR06KrKWDU
>>
>>381558676
>Fun platforming in a dungeon designed around his jump arcs that make tight jumps a necessity
>Doesn't understand the genius behind the dungeon
Yes it is legitimately fantastic.

>>381558769
No one believes you SBK91.
>>
>>381559296
>platforming in a game that isn't a platformer
>fun
Yeah sure.
>>
>>381559296
>action RPG
>pure platforming dungeon with shitty controls without any combat

You are as retarded as whoever came up with this harebrained idea.
>>
>>381558984
>The main writer who wrote the 3rd birthday
Except there was 4 writers on 3rd birthday, Takeuchi is not the main writer anymore tochibori, yajima and okabe were writers. And all four of tochibori, yajima, okabe and taeuchi are listed under "planning: writers". While Toriyama is specifically credited as scenario director because he's in charge of the story and directly cited in interviews as being the author of the games story.
>>
>>381558751
Forget about the overly abundant supply of Phoenix Downs, Potions and other consumables. Even if you are down, you have 4 teammates that can easily replenish your health. You're over-leveled for most of the game making engagements incredibly easy, until you reach Insomnia where enemies are literal sponges.You also always have more health than you know what to do with, so it's never a concern.
>>
Is there a reason why it doesn't have optional summons or why we can't even summon Bahamut in post game? And don't give me that dumb "b-because they're a big part of the story" shit, X and IX's summon were also part of the story and those games had optional summons
>>
>>381559292
>posts a level 1 exploit making use of armiger abilities and a equalizer buff to beat a low level boss negating the point of level 1 to begin with
Is this supposed to prove something to me? Might as well just post this
https://youtu.be/AJEYrUMV8QU
>>
>>381534601
Spammy repetitive combat, shit sidequests, you can't even lose at the leviathan fight, Squeenix took Nomura off the project and fucked it all up, Game only had barely 3 years of actual development time, car drives itself, 6/10 how shitty were last year's games that anyone is remotely considering giving this AIDS covered piece of shit abortion GOTY? No sarcasm.I'll just list out my issues with it. let's go

>In 80 hours of play it only felt like a FF twice. When Summons are brought in or that awesome epic battle music starts the rest feels like tacked on "HEY, REMEMBER FF? LOOK AT THIS HERE CACTAUR! YOU LOVE THOSE RIGHT?" same way SW shoves the same crap in every game in a way that detracts rather than adds to the setting.
>large obvious repeating landscape textures several times in the game
>protags forced broships with emphasis on how great friends they are without ever actually seeing it. Most of the story suffers from this “implied” narrative. See also SW ep 1-3 with Obiwan and Anikan’s friendship.
>TOP RAMEN. COLEMAN CAMPING GEAR. TOP RAMEN. UTILMATE FLAVOR GEAR. TOP COLEMAN SHRIMP TOP
>watching paint dr-watching the game drive itself
>an entire world and landscape of NOTHING. Whole first half of the game hypes up Altissia. Finally, maybe something cool to explore that isn’t texas. LOL NOPE. Oh hey maybe you’d like to explore Tenebrae? LOLOLOLOL
>>
>>381559652
Because FFXV was a mess of a game handled by an incompetent director and handed off to someone astronomically less competent.
>>
>>381559504
It's amazing at how ignorant you are
>>
File: PS2 game.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PS2 game.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Can someone tell me who this game was meant for? It doesn't work as an open world because there is no no interactivity, no climbing, town exploration is restricted, invisible walls everywhere, no verticality, no quests worth mentioning.

It doesn't work as an action RPG because it has no depth, you can dodge by holding a button, you literally can't die because of the item system, the bosses are pathetic QTE showcases, enemies have poor wind ups and hitstun.

It doesn't work as an FF game because the story is garbage, the setting is incoherent, the dungeons are awful, the RPG elements are unbalanced and easily exploitable, there aren't even female party members.

So what was the point of this game?
>>
File: xenoblade_alternate_cover.jpg (118KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade_alternate_cover.jpg
118KB, 620x414px
>>381556634
>>
>>381559940
Money was the point
>>
>>381559712
>Leviathan in FFXV
>interactive cutscene
>Leviathan in a shitty MMO
>fight so hard shitters often wipe even 20 levels and nearly 200 equipment levels over what the fight was designed for
How will XV-kun ever recover?
>>
>>381559697
>exploit
>>
>>381559414
Yes it's fun specifically because it was designed around Noctis's mobility, so if you ever fuck up it's entirely your fault.

>>381559493
And yet it is a better dungeon than any other FF has.

>>381559529
>b-but they are overabundant that means you can't die

>>381559712
>Spammy repetitive combat
Less spammy and repetitive than any other FF.

>shit sidequests
The same exact type of sidequests older FFs had.

>you can't even lose at the leviathan fight
You mean an interactive cutscene.

>Squeenix took Nomura off the project and fucked it all up,
No they fixed it because and took Nomura off because Nomura was fucking it up. You can drive off road now, Sakaguchi gave FFXV GOTY so eat shit. It feels like an FF all the time because it is an FF, and it has elements going back as far as FF1 ingrained into the foundation of the games story and lore. It's not "repeating" landscapes anymore than FF 1-9 did on their world maps.
There is nothing forced about it at all, they are friends and have always been friends, we constantly see how great of friends they are from their interactions, to the on tour quests, to their animations from battle and at camp.
>waaah why is this fantasy based on reality using real life products when Nomura was the one who opened that floodgate to begin with?
You can manually drive
The landscape has monsters, dungeons, various locations of different outposts and settlements
>>
>>381560043
He will just tell you that XIV is shit and that the game plays itself and that the primal fights take no skill at all even though he never played it.
I wish someone could make him play KH2 on critical or make him fight Ex Primals and punch him in the face everytime he dies
>>
>>381560190
>Yes it's fun specifically because it was designed around Noctis's mobility, so if you ever fuck up it's entirely your fault.
Noctis has shit mobility because it's an ARPG and not a platformer, so the entire dungeon feels like playing Mario without anything that makes Mario fun.
Shit like this is relegated to sidequests in real games.
>>
>>381560190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
>>
>>381560197
>I wish someone could make him play KH2 on critical or make him fight Ex Primals and punch him in the face everytime he dies
You would be arrested for murder as soon as you got to Titan EX.
>>
>>381560190
>Less spammy and repetitive than any other FF.
Let me know how you handle the world 2 crystals fight.

Oh wait you can't because you don't know shit about FF.
>>
>>381560190
>No they fixed it because and took Nomura off because Nomura was fucking it up.
>put him on 7 Remake not long after
You know, I don't think what you're saying is completely true
>>
>>381555321
>KH3 doesn't let you snipe enemies
>FFXV does
>FFXV 'sniping'
>have to already be in battle anyway, as shooting things from outside their aggro range deals barely any damage and they rapidly recover HP
>KH3 has FPS gun attacks that mimic it anyway
>>
>>381555608
>>381555506 >>381555321 >>381555227 >>381554959 >>381554792 >>381554661 >>381554146 >>381554047 >>381553758 >>381553684 >>381553613 >>381553121 >>381550536 >>381550425 >>381550367
>>381550223 >>381550141 >>381550083 >>381549859 >>381549503
>>381549357 >>381549038
>>381548873 >>381548634 >>381560190
>>381548457 >>381548275 >>381548205 >>381555695 >>381555828 >>381555902
This is the most pathetic husk of a human I've ever seen on /v/. XV-kun is the personification of the sunk cost fallacy. Imagine spending dozens or even hundreds of hours eagerly awaiting and shilling Final Fantasy XV only for it to look like garbage in leaked gameplay, doubt yourself but continue shilling anyways. Then when the game finally releases and this faggot sinks 100 hours into it, he realizes that it truly was shit but because he invested all this time and money into it, he doesn't want to admit he's wrong.
>>
>>381560436
Pretty much.
>>
>>381560436
Final Fantasy XV was supposed to be the emotional catharsis that allowed for xvkun to get over his childhood trauma. Unfortunately, it was a shit game. This drove him over the edge. He has to, he must, defend the idea of the game in his mind before the reality became apparent. That memory of the pre-release hype is the only thing holding him together. He clutches at sand.
>>
>>381556634
Xenoblade Chronicles is literally 10/10. I finished it yesterday and the game is fucking huge. I really loved the verticality of each zone, the dub voices really grow on you, and the story and gameplay intertwine well.
>>
>>381560197
He's ignored me every time I posted about FFXIV and all I ever see him say about it is that it's shit because of 1.0. It's obvious he hasn't played it and now that Stormblood is out he wouldn't even be able to get to the endgame since he'd get stuck on Shinryu (assuming he made it that far) unless he found a group to carry him.
>>
>>381560436
Everyone pretty much knows, but him. I bet he's posting in the middle of the night too due to living in ozyland
>>
>>381560190
>b-but they are overabundant that means you can't die

Yes, that's exactly what it means. It's not well balanced. Potions, Elixirs and Phoenix Downs are incredibly cheap and you can max out your stock on each relatively early in the game. By late game, you have literally no reason to die and you can whack away at sponges to your heart's content.
>>
>>381556534
>Meanwhile Tabata is adding worthwhile updates to XV
>VR fishing
>worthwhile

>more weapons
>seven months later
>hasn't given Noctis a single new weapon moveset

>which includes a full variety of weapons
>most are redundant stat sticks
>three quarters plus of their moveset is worthless
>whole classes are worthless
Watch XV kun immediately complain KH's keyblades are stat sticks to justify XV's being worse than a game that came out a decade earlier.
>>
>>381559754
It's amazing how I just proved you wrong with a direct citation from an interview and you are still in denial.

>>381559940
Why are you still posting pictures from before the game was out? Are you really that desperate to shitpost?

> It doesn't work as an open world
Yes it does.

> there is no no interactivity
Yes there is.

> no climbing,
First of all why would it need this, second of all in BOTW you can play the game entirely without climbing so why is climbing needed again? https://youtu.be/MK6ub-Z7snI
Town exploration is more than you can in older FFs, it has less invisible walls than any other FF, there is verticality, the behemoth quest, the on tour quests, the optional side dungeon quests etc

It does work as an ARPG because it has a lot of depth through weapon switching and combos, you never have to hold anything, you are better off tapping square to attack as you get manual finishers that way and tappinjg to dodge roll as you get animation cancels and if using shields you can stagger enemies easier, you literally can die, there is less QTE bosses in XV than there is in KH2, and only a few of the bosses even have QTEs, enemies have adequate windup and hitstun, as well as blockstun and so on.

It does work as an FF game because the story is great, with elements dating back from FF1 through to 6 deeply ingrained into the foundation of the game, the setting being modern mixed with fantasy, mechs and classical fantasy, is not incoherent even remotely, unless you want to say FF6 with its steampunk and medievil but with mechs or FF4 with its medievil fantasy but with modern tech like tanks and hovercrafts and futuristic stuff like spaceships, plus aliens. The dungeons are all fantastic, the RPG elements are balanced and they are there for you to manage to your will. Aranea and Iris are both females who join the party.

What was the point of your post?
>>
>>381556583
>He will say one thing and then will forever try to act like it's the truth even if he knows he is wrong, because he never wants to admit that he's wrong.
XV kun has literally argued Abrahamic God couldn't kill Ardyn. It is apparent he doesn't think about any criticism lobbed at XV before immediately accuse whatever game you're comparing XV to of doing the same thing worse. He has just enough brain power not to attempt that with proper action games like Bayonetta, DMC, Ninja Gaiden, and the like, which is why he never brings them up in favor of Nier: Automata or KH.
>>
>>381560790
>direct citation from an interview
Not the same guy, but that source you posted is just reporting what Toriyama wrote into the 3B development blog
>>
>>381535023
How can you stand the chibi shit
>>
File: XV-KUN vs BAYONETTA.png (7KB, 730x89px) Image search: [Google]
XV-KUN vs BAYONETTA.png
7KB, 730x89px
>>381560972
Well, sometimes he does
>>
File: 1497348356315.jpg (43KB, 357x417px) Image search: [Google]
1497348356315.jpg
43KB, 357x417px
>368 posts
>82 unique IPs
I can see XV-kun seething with anger right now thinking "Why can't they just see I'm right? FFXV IS A GOOD GAME"
HE DOES IT FOR FREE
>>
File: 7af.png (169KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
7af.png
169KB, 500x324px
>>381560436

The thing about it is, I get it.

I also was hype for this game sense it was called FF Versus XIII. That's like over a decade of hype and speculation. Way too long for a reasonable person.

But the closer the game got to release the shittier the game began to look. A decade of hype and dreams and hope down the drain. Not gonna lie, I was depressed for a bit.

XV-kun is the result of such a long process destroying a man's reason. His perception of reality is completely skewed. The game he sees and the game that actually exists are completely different things.
>>
>>381561157
Jesus that sounds like a fucking marketing guy, like a sentence that a dev would say on stage.
>>
>>381561157
That boy ain't right
>>
>>381559697
>level 1 exploit
>using food and Armiger exactly as they were intended is an exploit now
>winning a boss fight at Lv 1 that is impossible to lose is the same thing
kek
>>
>>381561205
I think he also sees these threads different than any other person. All he sees is one or two guys reseting their IPs and shitting on the game as hard as possible and he is that one guy that has to fight all of them
>>
>>381560106
Yes.

>>381560265
No he has perfectly fine mobility and the genius of teh dungeon comes specifically because the game isn't a platformer yet it has a platforming dungeon built around his mobility, it's not built around anyone else, it's designed specifically to make sure you get through it as Noctis

>Shit like this is relegated to sidequests in real games.
You do know Pitioss ruins is a sidequest part of the post game right?

>>381560328
In literally any other FF you just need to attack 90% of the time then heal the other 10%.

>>381560386
You have to be in battle to launch an enemy in KH3, the fuck is your point? KH3 doesn't have sniping, KH3 also doesn't let you use shurikens, lances, greatswords, daggers, trident, crossbow etc, or let you switch weapons on the fly.

>>381560436
>>381560524
>>381560621
>>381560646
>>381561205
>>381561402
The most pathetic husk of a human here is you, so desperate to shit on XV you are just responding to anyone who is doing so in this thread. You are the personification of the sunk cost fallacy. Imagine spending dozens or even hundreds of hours eagerly shitting against Final Fantasy XV only for it to be fantastic and better than you ever though it would be, doubt yourself but continue shitposting anyways. Then when the game finally released and this faggot pretends to have played it by watching youtube videos, thinking he is somehow valid in his shitposts all while he cries himself to sleep because XV got the most GOTY awards out of any FF, record breaking high sales, and Sakaguchi himself gave it his GOTY, he realizes that it truly was great but because he invested all this time shitposting against it, he doesn't want to admit he's wrong.
>>
>>381534601
>Shit world
>Shit characters
>Shit story
Atleast the food looked good
>>
File: reported.jpg (18KB, 476x376px) Image search: [Google]
reported.jpg
18KB, 476x376px
>>381561445
>>
>>381560790
>it has a lot of depth through weapon switching and combos
>XV
>having combos at all
>>
>>381561445
>No he has perfectly fine mobility and the genius of teh dungeon comes specifically because the game isn't a platformer yet it has a platforming dungeon built around his mobility, it's not built around anyone else, it's designed specifically to make sure you get through it as Noctis
Wow a shoehorned unfun platforming section is designed to be completed? You act like the game has 100 playable characters and the only way to complete it is to pick the right when when in reality the base game had one (1) (uno) playable character so it's not some fucking magical microcosm of perfect design that the platforming dungeon was designed to be completed as the only character who you could run it as at the time. Also it's easy as piss, climbing the fucking tower in Kugane in FFXIV is harder than that shit.
>>
>>381561157
He'll just say that was some guy pretending to be him.
>>
>>381561445
>In literally any other FF you just need to attack 90% of the time then heal the other 10%.
Way to prove me right faggot.
>>
File: 1484500922164.png (42KB, 348x302px) Image search: [Google]
1484500922164.png
42KB, 348x302px
>xv-kun didn't even platinum one of his favorite games
https://psnprofiles.com/Bazztek
>>
>>381560364
Oh and look how the remake is turning out, they already brought on someone else that is now in charge of development on that.

>>381560683
So you're full of shit and are pretending you somehow can't die.

>>381560741
VR has nothing to do with the updates for the game, it's a separate thing all together. Updates for the game are things actually for the main game like the offroad driving, manual photo mode, new weapons and costumes.

>>hasn't given Noctis a single new weapon moveset
Why would they need to when there is already around 15 different movesets?

>most are redundant stat sticks
How is Ragnarok redundant when it has the strongest warp strike in the game?

>>three quarters plus of their moveset is worthless
SBK91 you are supposed to switch weapons, that is why manual weapon switching is there to begin with.

>Watch XV kun immediately complain KH's keyblades are stat sticks
Hey I didn't need to, you already brought it up.
>>
>>381561758
I think he made a new profile to play on.
>>
>>381561649
I remember for awhile when people would post screencaps of all the times he defended xv from a couple years ago he would deny they were even his posts and say that it was anti-kun/someone else's posts
Then recently he admitted they were his and basically said "so what, people's opinions change". Man what a liar
>>
>>381561445
>the fuck is your point
Holy shit you're retarded.

You snipe things for two reasons, body part damage multipliers for higher DPS to go along with the base power of the gun, the former of which XV barely does and is pointless as Cerberus is piss weak, and taking potshots, which XV doesn't allow because enemies have to be aggroed first.

>KH3 also doesn't let you use shurikens, lances, greatswords, daggers, trident, crossbow
What does any of this have to do with launching or sniping. You may as well bitch XV doesn't let you use a kusari-gama or Tonfa like Ninja Gaiden, or any weapon like Bayonetta's Rodin. Also, those noted weapons are braindead simplistic in XV or worthless.
>>
Why do you do this to yourselves?
>>
>>381561041
>but that source you posted is just reporting what Toriyama wrote into the 3B development blog
Where it specifically cites Toriyama as the AUTHOR of the games story.
>>
File: maxresdefault-51.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-51.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
One of the best video game stories ever told.
>>
>>381536225
>and it has two hundred and one call backs to earlier games which at first seems endearing but it gets real fucking tiring quick
that feel when you add the osts of your older games as an homage, and then in practice, all it does is continuously remind the player while driving, of FF games they wish they were playing in HD instead of the one they're already playing.
>>
>>381562110
XV-kun always brings up random shit into discussions and then insults you when you doesn't talk about that random shit as if it matters
>>
File: 1496473186368.jpg (1MB, 1080x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1496473186368.jpg
1MB, 1080x2250px
>>381562220
You cannot be serious. Explain to me right now what is good about it and how it isn't just cringe-tier anime garbage.
>>
>>381562149
>some no name site says he's the author, so it must be true
wat
>>
>>381561824
>updating the game to have VR fishing isn't an update

>Why would they need to when there is already around 15 different movesets?
>why would you want more core movesets and depth added to this braindead game
It's a mystery.

>How is Ragnarok redundant
You do know how the word 'most' works, yes?

>when it has the strongest warp strike in the game
Except it doesn't.

>you are supposed to switch weapons
What does weapon switching have to do with the majority of an individual weapon's moveset being worthless.
>>
>>381562220
dude
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/%20maxresdefault-51.jpg/
One good scene (the campfire scene) that is ruined right away by the throne scene doesn't make the whole game great
>>
>>381561649
Because it was.

Why the fuck would I even say that when I was in that thread and didn't say anything about bayonetta, and even responded to the guy who made that post because I only agreed with what he said about XV? Do you always pretend random people are me or only when it's convenient for your narrative?

>>381561543
Announcing reports is a banable offense.

>>381561568
Yes XV objectively does have combos, and you can keep your combo chain going by switching weapons too.

>>381561609
Hey look at all this goalpost moving, first you were acting like it was some mandatory thing as you clearly didn't know it was a sidequest dungeon, now you're just talking out of your ass pretending it's somehow some "shoehorned" dungeon, despite it being a great platforming dungeon that is build around Noctis's jump arcs so if you ever fuck up it's your fault.

>You act like the game has 100 playable characters
Where? The game was designed around how Noctis controls aka his mechanics and jump arc. It's a better dungeon than any FF dungeon is.
>>
File: FFXV-AmazingCombat.webm (2MB, 760x356px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-AmazingCombat.webm
2MB, 760x356px
>FFXV has bad comba-
>>
>>381562517
>Announcing reports is a banable offense
So is ban evaiding, but you did it more than 100 times in the past
>>
>>381562517
>Because it was.
>Do you always pretend random people are me or only when it's convenient for your narrative?
Like clockwork.
>>
>>381562590
-t
>>
>>381562517
>despite it being a great platforming dungeon that is build around Noctis's jump arcs so if you ever fuck up it's your fault.
It's a bunch of simple easy fucking platforming in a game with literally no mechanics for platforming other than jumping (and jumps aren't controllable like they are in many platformers to make complex jumps possible). It doesn't even have any difficult jumps.
> The game was designed around how Noctis controls aka his mechanics and jump arc.
No fucking shit it was. What are they gonna do with it? Design an platforming level around Crash fucking Bandicoot in
>>
>>381562590

>quick cuts showing nothing substantial
>adding post processing out the ass with Sony Vegas

Fuck you.
>>
File: 1488361115619.jpg (853KB, 1753x986px) Image search: [Google]
1488361115619.jpg
853KB, 1753x986px
>>381534601
This had the potential to be the best one of the series.

But everything is so GODDAMN undercooked.

It's litterally and now pretty much officially an unfinished product due to some pretty fucky deadlines.

Versus XIII took so long they couldn't bother releasing this even a year later its initial November launch.

It fucking hurts because the setting is very good, the art direction is pretty damn nailed and anything besides the horrible sidequests is "good".

>Keep the overall story
>Tell it more properly
>Keep the perfect ending
>Add Insomnia Prologue
>Add open world outside Lucis
>Add every story DLC content into the game
>Get rid of shit like the horrible sidequets, driving mechanics
>polish the combat a little more (it's already very fun)

there you go, it's perfect.
>>
>>381562517
>Yes XV objectively does have combos
Post a video of a single combo in XV.
>>
>>381556221
Easy, XV-kun
>>
>>381562220
Yep.
>>
File: FF1holdXtowin.webm (3MB, 478x272px) Image search: [Google]
FF1holdXtowin.webm
3MB, 478x272px
>>381561703
The final boss of FF1 just holding down X the entire time.

Boss only deals 300 damage before he dies.

>You snipe things for two reasons
As opposed to launching only to deal damage on a vulnerable enemy, which you can already do in XV on the ground.

As well as snipe enemies, which you can't do in KH3.

>What does any of this have to do with launching or sniping.
What does XV not having enemy launchers have to do with anything? SBK91 you are full of shit and will always be full of shit.

>>381562381
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>381562790
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtqYElpLr2s
>>
File: 1480069376116.webm (3MB, 680x420px) Image search: [Google]
1480069376116.webm
3MB, 680x420px
>>381562498
Couple that with an ending that provides absolutely no closure. No closure on Talcott, no closure on Cindy/Cid, no closure on Iris and how she copes after the fact, no closure on how the world reacts to the fall of the monarchy and the crystal and how they react to finally being freed after 10 years of darkness.
>>
>>381562842
>Shut the fuck up.
Nope :^) Not an argument
>>
Just wait for The Zodiac Age instead.
>>
>>381534601
It has nothing to do with FF games, especially from that era. It could have been good at what it did, but it wasn't even good at that. It's still somewhat worth playing just for uniqueness factor and the novelty of it
>>
>>381562149
https://web.archive.org/web/20101128095100/http://www.andriasang.com:80/e/blog/2010/11/23/toriyama_3rd_birthday/
The source of the link's information you posted never mentioned toriyama as the author. The actual blog post from SE that's listed in that source only says that Toriyama is the scenario director
>>
>>381562870
>hold the attack button and move around the stick to initiate airstep
>advanced
>combo
What the fuck is wrong with XV fanboys, did they start play games in 2015
>>
>>381562450
The source is from Andriasang you fucking idiot.

>>381562475
The game doesn't have VR though, the VR thing is entirely separate as its own thing.

>It's a mystery.
Meanwhile it has more movesets than any other SE ARPG to date.

>You do know how the word 'most' works, yes?
You do know that you are full of shit SBK91?

>Except it doesn't.
Except it does.

>What does weapon switching have to do with the majority of an individual weapon's moveset being worthless.
Just because you say this doesn't make it true, meanwhile the majority of keyblades in KH are worthless.
>>
>>381562842
>As opposed to launching only to deal damage on a vulnerable enemy
There is so much fucking wrong with that response I'm not going to bother addressing it, but rest assured you are retarded.

>which you can already do in XV on the ground.
>you can reposition an enemy in the air on the ground
???

>As well as snipe enemies
You aren't sniping shit as you have to aggro them first, which requires being close. You may as well call Chicken Little's Limit in KH2 sniping.

>What does XV not having enemy launchers have to do with anything?
>action game with aerial attacks
>not being able to launch enemies
Do the math.
>>
>>381562989
>If I keep parroting other people maybe FFXV will have bad combat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltdHcyi13-A
>>
>>381562870
>Advanced Combat

>hold O and left stick back
>>
>>381562590
Man that's cool
>>
>>381563094
>>381562967
Doesn't list him as the author
>>
>>381559940
>story is garbage
entirely subjective, though I can agree with everything else you said, even if those are partly subjective.
>>
>>381563136
Tell me what the guy is doing in this video
>>381562870
Tell me his inputs
>>
File: SONIC-GET-UP-ON-THE-HYDRAS-BACK.jpg (1MB, 1080x1864px) Image search: [Google]
SONIC-GET-UP-ON-THE-HYDRAS-BACK.jpg
1MB, 1080x1864px
>>381562393
You cannot be serious. Explain to me right now what is good about KH2 and how it isn't just cringe-tier anime garbage.
>>
File: FFXV-AmazingCombat2.webm (2MB, 800x378px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-AmazingCombat2.webm
2MB, 800x378px
>FFXV has bad comba-
>>
>>381562870
>is asked for a video of a combo
>posts one where not only is the enemy not in hitstun, but is walking straight through attacks
Are you literally retarded.
>>
>>381562624
I'm not evading any bans right now, what the fuck does shit in old threads have to do with anything?
>>
>>381563263
-t
>>
File: xv-kun 2.8.png (292KB, 640x564px) Image search: [Google]
xv-kun 2.8.png
292KB, 640x564px
>>381563198
>how it isn't just cringe-tier anime garbage.
It's always fun watching you be a hypocrite
>>
>>381563198
Where the fuck did you get KH from? You can't even defend your own trash game without flinging shit around at other games? Speaks volumes about you and XV.
>>
Episode Iris when?
>>
>>381563289
Man you can't be for real
>>
>>381562842
>max level part of melee characters on the easiest fucking version of the game kills the final boss with no effort
>when you have to grind LITERALLY 40+ levels to get to that point
>>
>>381534601
I'm 29 and my first FF was IX. I was enjoying XV at first, but then got sorely disappointed after 30 hrs or so. Never finished it. It's not the FF I used to love. The combat is shit, there is no sense of progression in character leveling, the world is dead, dungeons are somewhat atmospheric though.
>>
>>381563313
wtf xv-kun loves KH now
>>
Glad i sold this garbage on before it dropped to £20
>>
>>381563194
>>Tell me what the guy is doing in this video
Air combo, warp, air combo, warp warp warp, air combo, warp
>>
>>381562590
Is the webm supposed to have good combat? All I see is flair, no actual combat mechanics.
>>
File: xvhasbadcombat.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
xvhasbadcombat.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>381563263
>>381562590

FFXV has bad combat. One thing I noticed that made me realize why it's so fucking un-fun to play is that you're constantly in the enemies face in engagements, and they always fuck up your flow when you least expect it. They should be either stunned in your combo or communicate to you when they're about to attack, but they never do--and if they do it's so sporadic that it gives you hardly any time to react.
>>
File: 345ws.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
345ws.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>381562685
So you can't actually back up your statement?

>>381562718
>It's a bunch of simple easy fucking platforming in a game with literally no mechanics for platforming other than jumping
Yeah and? The genius of the design is in the simplicity of it and how well it's executed in creating puzzles build around that.

>>381562790
https://youtu.be/ltdHcyi13-A

Are you seriously trying to deny that XV has combos?

>>381562989
>>381563138

So smash bros doesn't have combos because you can hold to attack with some characters in that?
>>
File: IMG_6932.png (51KB, 438x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6932.png
51KB, 438x564px
>>381535419
Okay, no.

FF15 is one of the first games I've played in YEARS that felt the farthest from soulless. Maybe it was the interactions between the bros, maybe it was the "Thank you" at the end of the second credits from the devs, maybe it was a bunch of other little details, but I felt some kind of connection to this game that I haven't since Resident Evil on the PS1.

You wanna talk soulless, then bring up Yoshi's Island DS. One of the most hollow and dissatisfying gaming experiences I've ever had, and that's coming from someone who regularly replays the original Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>381563602
So, hold attack and move the stick every now and then? Okay. At least know the inputs of the game you love so much next time
>>
>>381563310
>>381563608
Name a single ARPG within the last five years with combat as good or better than FFXV.
>>
>>381562870
>>381563263
>>381562590
Honestly this is just pathetic
>>
>>381563094
>the VR thing is entirely separate as its own thing.
As part of the game.

>Meanwhile it has more movesets than any other SE ARPG to date.
It has less total actions than Star Ocean 3 or KH2, and what does this have to do with them not adding a single new moveset to Noctis since release.

>You do know that you are full of shit
Oh look, a personal insult instead of any argument. By all means, do explain how the Broadsword isn't completely fucking redundant.

>Except it does.
What is the most damage a single Ragnarok warpstrike can do, and what is the most damage the Star's warpstrike can do.

>Just because you say this doesn't make it true
No, it being objectively true does.

>meanwhile the majority of keyblades in KH are worthless.
In most of the games? Yes. In KH2? No. What does this have to do with most attacks (not passive abilities/stat boosts like keyblades are in KH) in XV being garbage?
>>
>>381563727
Memories of Celceta, Lacrimosa of Danan.
>>
>>381563654
It basicly plays like the handheld KH games, but even worse sometimes. Enemies just do random shit during your combo and happen to be stunned/staggered at random times except for warp strikes
>>
File: oooooops.jpg (113KB, 590x478px) Image search: [Google]
oooooops.jpg
113KB, 590x478px
>>381563481
>calls it garbage and hates it
>still buys the games and retweets it
>>
>>381563654
Most attacks' active frames start on the same frame as the attack animation, so if you're in the hurtbox when the enemy starts using the attack, you'll get hit. It's why all the """style""" videos of FFXV rarely ever involve dodging and always use either trash mobs that die quickly or bulky enemies that have blind spots above them and purely do aerial combos and warps - you can only be "stylish" on enemies that can't fight back when you're in the air because of the aforementioned mechanic, which Tabata said was because he wanted the creatures in the game to seem realistic instead of working like videogame enemies should because that was too gamey.
>>
>>381563136
>pointlessly switching between attacks is good combat
>still hasn't posted a single combo in XV
>>
>>381563713
>Open world
>Some sort of crafting
>Quest markers
>Shallow action combat that prioritizes style over substance
XV is just going down a checklist of AAA gaming trends, it is without a doubt the most soulless game to be released during 2016.
>>
>>381534601

I'm in the same situation you are dude. I'm in my 30's, I grew up on those badass old Final Fantasies [I even played and beat Mystic Quest when it first came out], and I just got my own PS4. I'm looking at 15 and everywhere I looked I see resounding "I liked it, but..."

What I am going to do is wait till I can get it on sale or used. I can't justify paying 60 dollars for a Meh game when I can pay 60 dollars for something more solid.

Our tastes in games can also change as we grow older. I've always been an RPG nerd, but i've found myself playing RPG's from other companies to keep things fresh and fun.
>>
>>381563881
So for the most part there's basically no hitstun ?
>>
>>381563676
>So you can't actually back up your statement?
Like you can't?
>>
>>381563727
Any Star Ocean game or some shit. Just because it looks flashy doesn't make it good. The bosses which should've been the best part of XV are some of the worst parts since they're just damage sponges that barely react to your hits and die way too fast and you party members might as well not exist since they just run into enemy attack anyway
>>
>>381564040
There is, but it's mostly randomized and there's very little rhyme or reason, and many enemies are outright immune. It was designed to look good first and playing well was second to that.
>>
>>381563727
Tales of Berseria, Nier Automata, Odin Sphere, Nier Automata.
>>
>>381564003
Wait for the complete collection if you want to play it my man
I'm sure they'll have one out eventually
>>
>>381564120
>The bosses which should've been the best part of XV are some of the worst parts
The Leviathan fight is one of the worst bosses I've encountered in any game.
>>
>>381563860
Same happened with Nier and other games. Here on /v/ he loves FFXV and literally hates everything else in existence, only black and white exists ere, but on other sites he tries to act innocent, at least to a degree that doesn't get him banned. Except for one website
>>
>>381563676
>Are you seriously trying to deny that XV has combos?
What's there to deny, there isn't a single combo in that video.
>>
>>381563119
>There is so much fucking wrong with that response I'm not going to bother addressing it, but rest assured you are retarded.

So because you can't bullshit your way of of this you're not going to but you're still going to act as if you have the higher ground? Nah fuck off.

>>you can reposition an enemy in the air on the ground
Can you not read? You can make enemies vulnerable on the ground in XV.

>You aren't sniping shit as you have to aggro them first, which requires being close.
So sniping somehow isn't sniping because you said? Nah eat shit, this is objectively sniping. Something KH3 doesn't have.

>not being able to launch enemies
And already pointed out that XV doesn't need it because enemies already get vulnerable on the ground.
>>
>>381563713
I felt exactly the opposite as you in regards to everything. I actually found that "Thank you" and the Logo Reveal at the end to be so disgustingly pretentious, as if the Team genuinely believes they delivered with the game, and especially with that godawful contrived ending. Versus was never supposed to be this heavily focused on the guys. It's easy to see how with XV, they focused on the guys because it's the easier than delivering on an actual story, and that's why they hardly ever go through the trouble of showing you it.
>>
>>381564137
Okay so it's inconsistent as hell then , that's why they either use small ennemies or big ennemies becase they have less chances of being interrupted
>>
>Speaking with Game Informer, director Hajime Tabata says the narrative direction was entirely intentional – namely the important events that happened off-screen. “It was for the players to experience the story through Noctis’ eyes,” he told the magazine. “The world and the events that Noctis sees are merely things that are seen through his eyes. We didn’t want to create a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story in this game. Instead, we placed importance on the main characters and for the player and Noctis to share the same experience when we tell the story.”

>With this sort of narrative design philosophy in hand, Tabata said it was only natural to increase the proportion in which the main characters are depicted. “It’s not that we decreased the role of the side characters,” he explained. “Focusing on many characters in the game means that the allocation given to the main characters will decrease. Instead of creating a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story, we placed greater importance on the four main characters and strived to depict a world seen from their perspective.”

Defend this.
>>
>>381563198
Sorry I can't.
>>
File: 1497520839638.gif (793KB, 498x432px) Image search: [Google]
1497520839638.gif
793KB, 498x432px
>>381564442
>meanwhile the game shows shit that happens without party being there and they're adding even more
>>
>>381564310
Not him, but I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as "sniping" is in fact long-distance shooting. Sniping refers to firing a weapon from a concealed position out of detection range by enemy forces - therefore, any shooting which takes place while the enemy is aware of your presence is in fact long-distance shooting and not sniping.
If you want an FF game with sniping, try FFXIV, which has you sniping in a few sidequests.
>>
>>381563313
>wanting to see Aqua in HD means you like everything about KH
>>
>>381564137
>>381563881
This is very true. And you can feel it. I've been playing action games for years and I've never had trouble reading enemies until I played XV.
>>
>>381563198
>suddenly KH2
Not an argument, literally
>>
>>381563314
That faggot who posting his pic is a KH fag who has been reposting that pic in XV threads countless times, he's a butt mad KH drone who's desperate to shit on XV and he also defends anything and everything involving Nomura as director. You can't be this new.
>>
>>381563941
>Open world
...which was a thing since Versus XIII
>Some sort of crafting
Kingdom Hearts had more "crafting" than XV. A lot of other FF games have some kind of materialization/crafting/elemancy type thing as well.
>Quest markers
How else are you supposed to know what's where in an open world game? That seems more like a necessary part of designing an open world game than just "following a trend."
>Shallow action combat that prioritizes style over substance
Okay I'll give you this,but if you learn the controls and don't just hold the attack button, if goes from feeling awful (getting knocked around a bunch and having to cheese potions) to feeling surprisingly satisfying (actually landing attacks and combos and being able to dodge by way of timing and not just holding block.)
>>381564340
Versus was going to focus on the guys as well, just watch the 2008 trailer. Then the project got too big, was planned over 3 games, and had to be cut back down into one game (which is why we have the movie and anime.)
I dunno, maybe it just resonated with me more. I understand why the rest of the game didn't click if you didn't connect with the main characters, it just worked for me.
>>381564442
The only way I can defend this is that Tabata is doing company directed damage control, because it flies in the face of their DLC plan going forward.
>>
>>381564791
>How else are you supposed to know what's where in an open world game?
Gee I dunno if only there were open world games that didn't have quest markers that could be used as an example.
>>
>>381564791
>Final Fantasy Versus XIII doesn’t have an open world. The upcoming PlayStation 3 game has the feeling of a 2D Final Fantasy game in HD.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/08/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-world-map-feels-like-2d-final-fantasy-in-hd/#YKacXOh7bKGqoRiq.99
>>
>>381564680
Makes you wonder why he retweeted the kh3 trailer and still buys the games then
>>
>>381564310
>So because you can't bullshit your way of of this
No, but since you insist on being a shitter I'll bite.

Launching isn't the same as the vulnerable state because launching is another hit property that catches immediately, while the vulnerable state is a period where the enemy is vulnerable for a set period of time regardless of what you hit it with. Vulnerable is triggered by dealing a set amount of damage or breaking, while launching is gotten consistently off a single hit. Launching allows you to reposition the enemy in the air, allowing you to get it away from other enemies that can smack you, extend the time it is vulnerable, perform proper combos, and ring shit out, none of which is true of Vulnerable.

But you'll ignore all this and claim Vulnerable does the same thing, so why bother explaining it again.

>act as if you have the higher ground
>higher ground
>in a conversation about launching
Was that a joke?

>Can you not read
Yes, how about you? Making things fall over on the ground is not at all the same as being able to move them around in the air.

>So sniping somehow isn't sniping because you said
No, it isn't sniping because it lacks the characteristics of sniping, ie extremely long range and critical multipliers. You may as well claim taking potshots with Thunder is sniping as it does the same shit as XV's, but better.

>Something KH3 doesn't have.
KH3 has the same sort of gun shit.

>And already pointed out that XV doesn't need it
No, it's just retarded for not including it.
>>
>>381564686
Tabata literally said in an interview that he wanted to make the enemies movements random as fuck to make it more "realistic" and the he wants the whole hold button system because his hands are too old.
The guy just doesn't know that videogames are supposed to be fun
>>
File: Lightning.jpg (43KB, 522x631px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning.jpg
43KB, 522x631px
>>381550083
>FF13 at least feels like an FF game in battle

>No it didn't, 13 didn't feel like an FF world either. Meanwhile XV feels like FF if it were an ARPG and the world feels distinctively FF, and XV has some of the best character designs in the entire franchise.

Not that guy, but FF13 is a decent game that brought the series back into relevance when FF12 was forgotten.

>>381555086
>Scenario Director
>Only in charge of concepts like the bloody wedding dress and snowy New York
>Thinking that's how you write a story

I think XV-kun has gone full blown retarded mode. The only games Toriyama has worked on that have been mediocre are the -2 games (X-2 and XIII-2). FF10 and FF13 are decent and LR is okay.
>>
File: IMG_5488.gif (592KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5488.gif
592KB, 245x150px
>>381564897
The only other open world game I've ever played is MGSV please that was a legitimate question.
>>
>>381563289
>>381564775
At least play by your own rules
>>
>>381564940
Not to disagree, but nomura's actual quote says that the game isn't a completely open world.
>>
File: thanks nomura.png (561KB, 987x824px) Image search: [Google]
thanks nomura.png
561KB, 987x824px
>>381564940
Which contradicts what was said 2 months earlier, and what they showed a year later with the TGS trailer.
They were all over the place with Versus, I will admit.
>>
>>381565150
>FF13
>decent
>better than 12
>more popular than 12
The only reason that shit got more attention than 12 is because they literally were able to make 2 more games by recycling 90% of their content from XIII and ride on the massive marketing wave they created.
You can bet your ass there won't be a remaster of FFXIII any time in the next 10 years. Especially since the game itself is actual garbage. I'd bet money that FFXV is more likely to get a remaster, even that turd was better than XIII.
>>
>>381565191
Morrowind and more recently Breath of the Wild, quest markers are an absolute cancer in open world games and funnily enough they completely go against the point of open world.
>>
File: MorrowindCOVER.jpg (62KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
MorrowindCOVER.jpg
62KB, 375x500px
>>381565191
How about a game from the series that popularized braindead quest marker bullshit?
>>
>>381565150
i thought xiii was charming but there wasn't much strategy to the battles and the two sequels were stupid. i regret buying those
>>
>>381565075
The whole game is a glorified tech demo honestly.
>>
>>381565432
It kinda is, too bad they built an engine that only shines on high end PCs instead of an engine that scales well.
>>
>>381565419
How was XIII charming? It has literally a single likable character and aside from him the cast was probably the worst cast overall in any videogame ever made.
Tales of the Abyss actually had more likable main characters and that game gets shat on constantly for everyone in it being a nasty cunt.
>>
>>381565389
Was Oblivion the game that popularized quest markers?
>>
>>381565269
I think he meant in the previous link that the game might've had linear sections or the lands would be linked. Maybe giant connected areas or something
>>
>>381565501
>the cast was probably the worst cast overall in any videogame ever made.
You obviously haven't played FFVIII.
>>381565504
>Maybe giant connected areas or something
I was under the impression it was originally going to be like the first Xenoblade, very linear but still let the player experience some freedom along the way.
>>
File: IMG_6920.jpg (112KB, 640x726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6920.jpg
112KB, 640x726px
>>381565496
and considering Tabata wants a PC version with mods that will likely be released when all of the DLC is done, the community will end up fixing the game and we'll finally have the best version of XV.
feels good man
>>
>>381563434
>B-BUT THAT DOESN'T COUNT
Every time.

>>381563654
No, you just suck shit at the game.

> They should be either stunned in your combo
You know you are supposed to break them or make them vulnerable right?

> or communicate to you when they're about to attack,
You mean like evident in that webm where the Spiracorns are attacking? You really are just plain shit at the game. According to you these aren't tells either.

>>381563835
No it plays better than any KH game.

>>381563860
>claims to hate me
>stalks my twitter

>>381563818
>As part of the game.
What part of the game is it? It's literlaly it's own separate VR thing that has nothing to do with the main game.

>>381563818
>It has less total actions than Star Ocean 3 or KH2
No, it has more total actions as well as weapon and weapon combos than any SE ARPG, and why would they need to add a new moveset when the ones in the game are already great?

>Oh look, a personal insult instead of any argument.
Oh look, SBK91 on damage control already, by all means do explain how Jungle King somehow isn't completely fucking redundant, explain how Follow the Wind isn't completely redundant.

>What is the most damage a single Ragnarok warpstrike can do
I've been dealing max damage on Ragnarok warpstrike, while the star doesn't do as much as quickly and has way longer startup.

>No, it being objectively true does.
Good thing it isn't objectively true at all.

>In KH2? No.
Oh SBK91, always full of shit. Most attacks in XV are all great, not sure what the fuck you're trying to memepost now.
>>
>>381565625
The second part was meant for >>381565535
>>
>>381565303
Okay XV-kun, time to lay down some facts for you:

They were able to make more games because of fan demand. And that could only happen if FF13 actually succeeded. Go look it up on the FInal Fantasy wikia in FF13-2:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII-2#Development

>You can bet your ass there won't be a remaster of FFXIII any time in the next 10 years

Except they came out with a PC port of FF13 back a few years ago. That is a port of an older game for the "PC Master Race"

>Especially since the game itself is actual garbage. I'd bet money that FFXV is more likely to get a remaster, even that turd was better than XIII.

Except there is nothing for it to get remastered on now. FF13 already has the PC port along with it's subseries. So yes, there will be most likely a port to next gen consoles if this keeps going.

>>381565419
The game is more in depth with it's combat and isn't shallow like FF12's though. Or lacking in playtesting like FF8's.

>>381565501
Dude. if you think that, then you CLEARLY have not played at least 8 out of the 15 number titles (FF1, FF2, FF3, FF5, FF8, Ff11, FF12, FF14 original)
>>
>>381563931
>that's not a combo because I said
>ignoring the chain counter on the side
>doesn't know that switching between weapons is part of the combo

>>381563941
XV is without a doubt the most soulfull game released during 2016.

What does being open world have to do with anything when the world is more full than any other FF? What does crafting stuff have to do with being "souless? What does quest markers have to do with being "souless"? Just because you meme post it's somehow shallow doesn't make it so, it has more depth to the combat than any other FF has.
>>
>>381565269
Even after the name change XV wasn't supposed to be full blown open world, at least he dev team didn't want that but Tabata said he wants it because other games do it too.
They should really think about their decisions when they don't know how to follow up. Just making a world big isn't enough
http://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xvs-biggest-internal-discussion-was-on-making-the-game-open-world-or-not/
And you can just tell that they ran out of ideas halfway through. Tabata should listen to the dev team more often instead of fan feedback and looking at what's popular right now
>>
>>381561445
No one this deluded can actually exist, this must be falseflagging
>>
File: xv-kun.jpg (384KB, 1299x935px) Image search: [Google]
xv-kun.jpg
384KB, 1299x935px
>>381565674
>claims to hate me
Never stated that
>stalks my twitter
Don't post links to it here then so everyone knows it
>>
>>381565665
I don't really care unless they fix the combat and bring back the Insomnia invasion. And there're so many small things that just make the whole thing worse. The first thing the PC version should do is disable the jump button when you get close to interactable stuff
>>
>>381565847
>What does being open world have to do with anything when the world is more full than any other FF?
The only thing in XV's world are gas stations.
>it has more depth to the combat than any other FF has.
It's probably the least shallow alongside VIII in the combat department and that's kind of sad.
>>
>>381565075
Well, before FFXV all he did was make shit mobile games.
>>381565504
Yes, Oblivion and Skyrim. They went the way of quest markers and fast travel while Morrowind had immersive and organic means of getting the player around and guiding them to their destination.
In Morrowind, if you wanted to get across the map, you had to take a silt strider - but silt striders only travelled to neighboring cities, so you'd have to plan out a route. Not every city had a silt strider port, so some could only be reached by boat, or via a teleportation service at the Mages' Guild, or teleporting through optional dungeons via items obtained by exploring those dungeons called Propylon Indices. You could also travel yourself with jump/levitation/fortify speed/acrobatics spells and such. However, this system put off casuals because it required you to keep note of what places could be accessed from where and meant you had to actually spend time exploring the open world.
Quest in Morrowind were handled by (usually) an NPC giving directions after they give you the quest - but sometimes this wasn't the case, and you'd have to ask around to find your objective, or the directions would be vague or flat-out wrong and require you to explore a bit to find your destination. Of course, casuals didn't like this either, because it required some actual effort.
Oblivion removed those features because casuals didn't like them, replacing them with instant teleportation to any location at any time for free, and a marker on your map and compass that points exactly where you need to go for nearly every quest in the game. This of course meant that you never had to spend time in the overworld, so they randomly generated the whole thing, gave Kirkbride some cocaine so that he could come up with an explanation for why Cyrodiil looked like a randomly generated forest instead of a jungle like it was supposed to, and went the lazy route resulting in a shitty, boring, empty world like FFXV's.
>>
>>381565915
He's been doing it for years, he won't stop now.
>>
>>381565625
>You obviously haven't played FFVIII.
I have and at it had three likable characters, which is three times as many as FFXIII. FFVIII was also a weird fever trip of a game and even the unlikable characters weren't as obnoxiously offensive as everyone in FFXIII who wasn't Sazh.
>>
File: XVPS4_29.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
XVPS4_29.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>381564040
Enemies as big as or smaller than Noctis have hitstun.

>>381564137
Only enemies larger than Noctis don't have hitstun sometimes.

>>381564686
You probably just suck.

>>381563881
So are you going to ignore that you can lock enemies like the Imperial Troopers or Sabertusks into a combo and they won't break out? What does some enemies breaking out of your combo have to do with anything? You can be stylish on any enemy.
>>
>>381565782
i guess i never liked the degree of control i had over the other two party members. i just remember hitting army of one → highwind a lot
>>
>>381565782
>call FFXV a turd
>get called XV-kun
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>381566245
>i just remember hitting army of one → highwind a lot
You can't do this though, you can only use the party member's ultimate.
>>
>>381565782
Every single one of those games you listed has a more likable cast than FFXIII. Even FF1 which basically has no characters has a more likable cast because they at least aren't actively being awful people at all times while the plot tries to portray them as heroes.
>>
>>381566032
>The first thing the PC version should do is disable the jump button when you get close to interactable stuff
Hold the block button as you interact with something.
>>
>>381565674
It doesn't count because it requires the player to sit down and grind for literally over 20 hours after they hit endgame in a game that barely lasts 20 hours on your first fucking playthrough. In the actually good versions of the game you're level 30 TOPS when you fight Chaos.

If you want to accuse people of being overleveled in XV you don't get to say SHIT about that.
>>
File: deepest combat.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
deepest combat.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
I want to punch the guy who designed the dungeon where you have to fight multiple fire iron giants, snakes and slimes at the same time
>>
>>381566228
>Only enemies larger than Noctis don't have hitstun sometimes.
Which is about 90% of the enemies in the game and includes all the enemies with untelegraphed attacks.
>>
>>381566123
>Well, before FFXV all he did was make shit mobile games.

Except he did Crisis Core, Type-0 and The Third Birthday. All three of them PSP games.

>>381566179
Dude, half the cast of FF8 is bad just as much it is good. FF13 has a mostly well fleshed out cast with only Snow and Vanille failing the personality test.

>>381566245
The way things went down reminded me more like what FF7 did when it started splitting up it's cast after Cloud got mentally ill.

>>381566262
Dude, it's an easy way for XV-kun to try and hide the fact that he's pushing XV.

>>381566371
Except having character is more powerful than having no character. Your argument is completely faulty. All those games had much worse cast than FF13 because FF13 actually fleshed out most of them.
>>
File: C837DxWV0AE0Y3U.jpg (49KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
C837DxWV0AE0Y3U.jpg
49KB, 498x498px
>>381566390
Or they could just fix it
>>
>>381566123
>Well, before FFXV all he did was make shit mobile games.
Crisis Core, 3rd Birthday and Type-0 are all great though?
>>
>>381566507
>Except he did Crisis Core, Type-0 and The Third Birthday. All three of them PSP games.
And the PSP, while an amazing device that was ahead of its time and whose only flaw was memory card jewry, was still a mobile device, thus those were still shitty mobile games. Especially Third Birthday.
>>
>>381566534
Okay now you're going too far
>>
File: 1402954211078.jpg (25KB, 216x278px) Image search: [Google]
1402954211078.jpg
25KB, 216x278px
>>381566510
Do you really have that much faith in Square, anon
>>
>>381566534
I mean if your standards for "great" games are literal garbage then yeah, CC and 3rd Bday are "great"
>>
>>381566534
T3B is shit though. It's Tabata's first legit bad game.

>>381566595
Dude, when you mean mobile device, you are talking about a phone. People refer to DS or PSP has Handheld.
>>
>>381566625
Well, they put out quite a few patches in the past so something that small shouldn't be an issue. They're even trying to fix the fucking KH ports
>>
>>381566534
kek
crisis core was a crap and 3rd birthday killed PE forever. God the gameplay for both was terrible
>>
>>381566595
>>381566641
>Crisis Core
>Bad
Typical Tabata haters, shitting on games they've never played. Crisis Core is top 5 in the FF series alongside XV.
>>
>>381566507
>Dude, half the cast of FF8 is bad just as much it is good.
Oh yes, no doubt about that. But all of FFXIII's cast is bad, and only one of them doesn't go out of their way to be the most unlikable cunt possible.
>FF13 has a mostly well fleshed out cast
Oh I'm fucking laughing
Nobody in FFXIII is even as fleshed-out as the villain of the awful 1.0 version of FFXIV
>>
>>381566757
I didn't even know who Tabata was or that he existed until his name popped up with FFXV, but i still dislike CC, 3rdB and too a certain degree T0 though it had an intresting combat system.
Stop being so insecure
>>
>>381566757
Oh I played it and the combat is slow, boring dogshit and the story is literal fanfiction revolving around Donut Steels. At least Materia Fusion was a cool mechanic even if its cost was dumbing down the materia system.
>>
>>381566757
>Crisis Core is top 5 in the FF
I'm going to ignore the rest of this post and just laugh at how stupid you are for saying just this statement
>>
>>381565782
Yeah, "fan demand."

You think Square was gonna own up to 13-2 being an asset flip to recoup costs or LR being a transparent reskin of a failed Valkyrie Profile?
>>
>>381566894
Stay triggered that Crisis Core is better than VII and has one of the best endings in video game history.
>>
>>381564442
Yes what's wrong? 95% of the story is shown from Noctis's perspective, as in the majority of it is from his perspective, and all that's saying is that they didn't have an omnipotent view of the story, as in you're not seeing every single little thing that happened because you don't need to, and this is something that applies to every FF.

The DLC they're adding now is all AFTER the fact of that statement.

>>381564635
>is in fact long-distance shooting.
So sniping. Cerberus is a sniper rifle, it has a scope view for sniping with.

>>381564940
https://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-scans-details-on-open-world-177368.phtml
>Final Fantasy Versus XIII: Scans, details on open world

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/23/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-has-an-open-field-with-roaming-monsters/
>Clips from an interview with Tetsuya Nomura reveal Final Fantasy Versus XIII has an open world.

Also Nomura saying it's not completely open world is the same exact thing Tabata said about XV.
>>
>>381567014
kek
>>
>>381565782
>They were able to make more games because of fan demand.
I can't believe there are STILL people that buy this drivel YEARS after the games released and it was revealed that that statement was exactly what it seemed like to anyone with a brain at the time - an excuse to reuse a bunch of assets from the bomb that was FFXIII to recoup the costs of it, probably to cover the costs to produce FFXV so they could start jewing people to cover the cost of that bombing.
>>
>>381566765
>But all of FFXIII's cast is bad, and only one of them doesn't go out of their way to be the most unlikable cunt possible

Except for the fact that FF13's cast mostly passes the Mr. Plinkett Personality test. You can try and disregard it, but I can easily name the personalities of Lightning, Sazh, Fang, Hope and Serah very easily without describing their physical appearance or their job.

At this point, you are just trolling.

>>381566895
Except that's not how things went down. How was XIII-2 recouping costs? FF13 was one of the major reasons Square profited in early 2010.

Recouping costs means that the product failed to make a profit. FF13 already made profit.
>>
>>381567037
>So sniping.
Wrong. If the enemy is aware of you, it's not sniping.
>>
>>381567097
What is it then?
>>
File: 1482186793007.jpg (124KB, 1017x1276px) Image search: [Google]
1482186793007.jpg
124KB, 1017x1276px
SOMEONE MAKE A NEW XV THREAD
>>
>>381567049
>The reused assets excuse.

Then by that logic, every Final Fantasy game should have had a VIII-2, IX-2, XII-2, etc due to having assets they could have used. Except they didn't because there wasn't fan demand. Try harder next time XV-kun.
>>
>>381567149
No just let it die
>>
>>381567070
>Except for the fact that FF13's cast mostly passes the Mr. Plinkett Personality test.
When your characters only pass because you can come up with a laundry list of negative epithets to spew about them, and only 15 minutes after playing the game due to it being a completely forgettable disaster of a game, it's not a positive thing. The Plinkett test isn't the end-all be-all of a good character either, it's just a simple test to make sure they're not complete shit.
>I can easily name the personalities of Lightning, Sazh, Fang, Hope and Serah
So can I.
>Petty unlikable cunts who only care about their own selfish desires, with absolutely no likable traits to any of them
done.
>>
>>381567146
Shooting
By your logic if you run up to an enemy while screaming and shoot him from 10 cm distance with a sniper rifle it's "sniping"
>>
File: 1497648409582.jpg (43KB, 593x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497648409582.jpg
43KB, 593x720px
>>381562842
>>
>>381567149
Don't worry xv-kun will do it himself if there're any posts left that he hasn't replied to yet.
Last time he stayed up for 19 hours and made 3 threads himself
>>
>>381566356
you are right. things are hazy after 7 years
>>
>>381567204
>Then by that logic, every Final Fantasy game should have had a VIII-2, IX-2, XII-2, etc due to having assets they could have used.
Back in the day they just reused assets from the previous game. Then when they reached the PS2 era and costs for development started skyrocketing, they realized they needed some way to reuse even more than basic assets and came up with X-2.
Also, most other FF games don't have enough cut content to fill a game like FFXIII does
>if you don't like the worst FF game in the entire series then you're XV-kun
Nice try faggot.
>>
>>381567381
>Last time he stayed up for 19 hours and made 3 threads himself
What motivates him?
>>
>>381557646

I never did any raid or end game content. I just forgot about my subscription like I have with things such as Spotify which I never use. I assure you I did not enjoy myself. I just ground the duty finder over and over again. It's a weeb wow clone and I loath myself to supporting Square-Enix.
>>
>>381565070
>Launching isn't the same as the vulnerable state
Yes it is. You are just doing the same attacks you do on the air regardless.

>Was that a joke?
You really must not know how idioms work.

>Making things fall over on the ground is not at all the same as being able to move them around in the air.
What the fuck does moving in the air have to do with the fact that it's still just a vulnerable state, it's the same exact principal.

>No, it isn't sniping because it lacks the characteristics of sniping
So you're ignoring the fact that you are
A: Manually scoping and shotting stuff with a sniper rifle in scope mode
B: It works at long range when you're in battle
C: It deals more damage to enemies weak to guns, which you can also manually lower an enemies defense through different methods, one being with Prompto's piercer which then lets you deal higher damage on enemies he hits with that.

You are literlaly in fucking denial over a sniper rifle somehow not being a sniper rifle despite the fact that it works exact as a snipe rifle does.

>KH3 has the same sort of gun shit.
No it doesn't, it has a keyblade transformation into temporary blasters, key word there is temporary, they also aren't snipers and the fact that they are temporary also means you can only do that mid battle after having already done enough to get a keyblade transformation.

>No, it's just retarded for not including it.
No, it doesn't need it because it has vulnerable enemies on the ground already
>>
>>381567381
>>381567149
someone already did
>>381567457
Thread posts: 554
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.