[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Mario 3D World is not a real 3D Mario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Discuss
>>
>>381534542
Nintendo themselves already clarified this.
64, Sunshine and Odyssey are considered "Exploration games", while Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D Land and 3D World are considered "Linear games". I can't remember the exact term they used. They put out a chart explaining it.
>>
>>381534542
It exists. You play as a polygonal Mario in a 3D environment. Seems pretty real to me.
>>
3D Land was a mistake
>>
>>381536860
3D Land was excellent.
3D World was a bit eh.
>>
>>381534542
My uncle Angus is not a real Scotsman
>>
Linear 3D Mario > Literal shit > "Exploration" Mario
>>
>>381534542
3D land was called 3D because it was on 3DS
why the fuck is this called 3D world
>>
>>381537618
>why the fuck is this called 3D world
because you move in a 3D world
>>
File: 3D_Mario_Infograph.jpg (231KB, 1202x628px) Image search: [Google]
3D_Mario_Infograph.jpg
231KB, 1202x628px
3D World is essentially a look into how 3D Mario would have ended up like if Nintendo was scared to innovate and use the extra dimension to its fullest in the 90s, instead delivering a mockery of 2D Mario in 3D with no other purpose to exist but novelty.

>>381534705
Here. I wouldn't lump the Galaxies with the 3D series, even though this mindset started with them.
>>
>>381538606
doing yet another Mario 64 clone star-collectathon is called "innovating" now

turning the series into a new sub-genre is "scared to innovate"
>>
>>381534705
>I can't remember the exact term they used. They put out a chart explaining it.
They used Sandbox & I forget the linear one, it was like "To-goal" or some shit.
>>
File: this tyronno shit for real.jpg (134KB, 553x525px) Image search: [Google]
this tyronno shit for real.jpg
134KB, 553x525px
>>381534542

There is nothing to discuss.
>>
File: real 3d mario games.jpg (234KB, 1278x719px) Image search: [Google]
real 3d mario games.jpg
234KB, 1278x719px
>>381534705

Here's the chart btw.
>>
>>381539406
A format that has a very good reason to exist and can not be done at all in 2D, yes.

Making a 2D Mario stripped of any quality and just rendering it in 3D is scared to innovate, yes.

It's okay to be ignorant, but must you all be such passive aggressive little shits? No one's falling for the 50 years old LARPing, no one will respect you more by pretending to be a decrepit nostalgiafag, just stop. Every fucking thread someone pops up with a stick up his ass about how 3D gameplay is bad with no arguments, pushing the collectathon narrative even though only Sunshine fits that description. I don't care you only have one eye, I don't care you have depth perception problems, I don't care you have spacial awareness problems, this isn't for you and never was. You get your 2D games all the time now, just play them and stop trying to flanderize something good.
>>
>>381540192
cool down nerd

> I don't care you have spacial awareness
but all your favourite collectathon games vastly underplay actual spacial awareness and platforming part in favour of sight seeing and filling out bars for completion
>>
>>381540698
How does a mostly vertical game designed around acrobatics underplays spacial awareness and platforming?
>>
>>381534542
Wrong
>>
>>381534705

That's completely arbitrary and retarded. There's plenty of exploration in the Galaxy games and 3D World.
>>
What if they just made that chart to placate fickle autists online?
>>
>>381534542
Who cares? It's still a fun mario game.
Oh wait right, /v/ users don't have friends.

Oh well.
>>
I'm so fucking happy that Odyssey is pretty damn wacky.

No more toads in every village, but weird shit everywhere. Weird mechanics. Weird worlds.

Good shit.
>>
>>381534542
Not sure why it matters so much to you or any other idiot who has made these threads.
>>
>>381541576
The chart has merit though.
Galaxy and 3D Land/World all have linear, narrow paths throughout the level, similar to 2D Mario but in a 3D space. Galaxy has some exceptions, but by large fits with 3D Land/World.
64 and Sunshine both feature large sandboxes where you can go in any direction. This is the style of gameplay they wanted for Odyssey.
>>
>another /v/ argues over retarded shit that doesn't matter at all episode
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.