[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/ Out of the four which one was the best game and why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: zl.jpg (508KB, 1204x1380px) Image search: [Google]
zl.jpg
508KB, 1204x1380px
/v/ Out of the four which one was the best game and why
>>
Oracle of Linked Game
>>
ALLTP on GBA was a bad port.

Oracles are ok.

Link's Awakening is a masterpiece.
>>
Link's Awakening because OST was a blast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh6Rm5Jp02U
>>
>>381532596
How is it a bad port?
I haven't played alttp yet, but I was planning on playing the GBA version
>>
>>381532427
I gotta go with Link's Awakening
in part cause it was my first LoZ game so it's got a special place in my heart
but it also had some great music IMO
Oracle of Ages is a very close second though cause those dungeons were awesome and cause Veran is a sexy bitch
>>
>>381532667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F9ww-VoZF8
>>
Not posting Minish cap
>>
>>381532678
Some things were altered from the SNES version like the sword sound and the ice dungeon
>>
>>381532780
Minish Cap, while quite good, was not up to OoS or OoA.
>>
DX.

Best Overworld, best sidequests, best OST, and best all-around dungeons (Eagle Tower is solidly at the top of the list for best Zelda Dungeons).

Linked Oracles is pretty good too, but it generally has a few dungeons that fall a little flat and Season's main mechanic isn't really that fleshed out.

LttP is decent but it's age is really starting to show.

*Minish Cap was fucking weird and had really inventive dungeons that usually fell flat in one way or another.
>>
>>381533429
Is the other way around
>>
>>381532764
>>381532667

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOT4sUuSrTw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOT4sUuSrTw

Dream Shrine is amazing.
>>
Alttp remains to this day the only zelda game Ive enjoyed for more than half an hour or so.
And ive played loz, oos,oot,mm,ww,tp,botw also
just not my taste but none of them had anything particularly wrong or bad about them
>>
>>381533718
Every game you just mentioned are fake Zelda games, with the exception of loz which is just very dated.

LA:DX is like a better LttP, while OoX are gimmicky but effective takes on it.
>>
>>381533534
No, I just replayed all three in the past year. Minish Cap doesn't have enough content. While the bosses are pretty good, only a couple dungeons are really memorable.

Vaati is a top tier final boss though, I do love it when games require you to use every tool at your disposal.
>>
>>381532427
I find it really hard to rank these games because I loved all of them but played them quite a while ago. Link's Awakening is probably the most primitive of the bunch.

I really like the Oracles because due to their super late release, they were able to incorporate stuff from OoT into it, like gorons and the biggoron's sword. Compared to the other 2D titles it had so many novelties that I don't think have been replicated to date. The Roc's Cape is still my favorite dungeon item in any Zelda ever. Nothing beats riding around on a dodongo and eating monsters. Or navigating the sea in a mermaid suit. Fuck, there's just so much cool shit packed into those two games. ALttP might be a landmark title for the franchise but it just feels so vanilla by comparison.
>>
>>381533809
LA is worse than LTTP, don't be like that.
>>
I like the Oracles the most. Ages is a bit better in my mind thinking of it more objectively, but I like Seasons a bit more because the Subrosians were cute and the game doesn't really have anything for me like the fucking lizard island which is what I dread the most whenever I replay the duo.

>>381532780
I really love most of Minish Cap, but Link just moves so slowly unless you roll literally everywhere or use the Pegasus Boots but those take away too much control to be used for regular movement. It's dreadful.
>>
>>381533912
LA can be broken in several ways.

LA:DX is definitely better than LttP. LttP has several boring dungeons and the Dark World mechanic gets tiring after a while. LA:DX doesn't piddle about with any shit gimmicks, and every dungeon sans #4 is top-tier. And even #4 is still fine, just not top.
>>
File: Jabu-Jabu's Belly.png (94KB, 1440x2384px) Image search: [Google]
Jabu-Jabu's Belly.png
94KB, 1440x2384px
>>381532541
this

>>381533886
>they were able to incorporate stuff from OoT into it
>Jabu Jabu Dungeon
[Screams Internally]
>>
>>381534147
The only top dungeons are five and seven.
>>
File: Facade_Face_Shrine.png (1KB, 160x128px) Image search: [Google]
Facade_Face_Shrine.png
1KB, 160x128px
>>381534307
>5
>7
>not mentioning 6

fight me
>>
File: 21255323325.jpg (146KB, 746x560px) Image search: [Google]
21255323325.jpg
146KB, 746x560px
>>381534180
The underwater stuff in the later dungeonswas more creative than almost anything in Seasons. But still.

>Screams
>>
>>381534425
Water Temple has nothing on OoA Jabu.
>>381534180 is real hell right there.
>>
>>381532427
Links Awakening for story and dungeons
>>
>>381534425
That's because Seasons set the bar low.

Holy fuck Jabu is the reason I don't replay ages.
>>
>>381534663
Water dungeons in zelda are a shitty meme
I hate fire dungeons with a passion because they not only piss me off
but often have shit tier music
>>
>>381532427
Link's awakening dx for being the most fleshed out.
>>
>>381534425
>more creative than almost anything in Seasons
That was kinda the point since ages was puzzle oriented and seasons was action
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.