[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I miss something with this shit? I played it for an hour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: transistor3.jpg (4MB, 3651x2435px) Image search: [Google]
transistor3.jpg
4MB, 3651x2435px
Did I miss something with this shit? I played it for an hour and it was boring as fuck, yet it has high reviews on Steam.
>>
>>381527217
It's alright. Interesting gameplay gimmicks and great style/soundtrack.
>>
>>381527217

Its a bit more on the stlye side of the style/substance spectrum.

It aint bad though
>>
You played a tactical rpg-esque game for an hour, you dummy. As you advance to the late game/challenges/new game plus the strategy and options the game gives you with all the different ability combinations is pretty unprecedented

If the ost and art style aren't immediately pulling you in it might not be your type of game though. A lot of the greatness is from the atmosphere and beauty of it.
>>
>>381527649

This game gives the player more options with its ability combinations than almost any other rpg on steam
>>
>>381527217
Same here.
Finished Bastion, that one was ok but got bored with Transistor after 2 hours.
>>
File: 1428521028383-1.png (33KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1428521028383-1.png
33KB, 800x800px
Nigga fuck you and your shit tastes.

Transistor is one of the best games of the generation.
>>
File: 1362971143446.gif (651KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
1362971143446.gif
651KB, 500x422px
>>381527649
>Its a bit more on the stlye side of the style/substance spectrum.
You have absolutely no idea what the hell you are talking about.
>>
>>381527217
It's much like their first game, Bastion. You run around in isometric view while bad shit happens and a guy with a cool voice narrates. The gameplay is pretty interesting but late game becomes a breeze on all difficulties with the proper program combinations.
>>
>>381527972

Video gamers are too dumb to comprehend that a game can simultaneously be artistically inspired and also mechanically dense
>>
Before you people get buttblasted, I meant that what makes transistor stand out / the reason you might play this over something else is far more about its style than its mechanics.

Go be defensive somewhere else.
>>
>>381528467
Yes but both are reasons that it's a good game
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
I agree op, I literally spammed one move for 30 minutes and refunded.

I rather play a mobashit or rngstone
>>
>>381528546

I never implied otherwise.
>>
>>381527889
Interesting, I have a friend just like you and personally I got bored of Bastion, but liked Transistor. What the fuck.
>>
>>381528467

Both the mechanics and style of transistor are good reasons to play it.

The mechanics are a really interesting blend of combinining abilities (of which there are a huge number of options to play with) and proper positioning, with a cast of enemies and arenas that change the dynamics pretty dramatically as the game progresses.
>>
>>381529006
>What the fuck.
Different people have different tastes?
Nah can't be. One of you must be an insufferable faggot while the other one is master race, that's what /v/ taught me.
>>
>>381528654
>HOW DARE PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON VIDEO GAMES OF ALL THINGS
>>381527217
I mean, not much happens in the first hour, as the game goes on you customize your skills and it becomes fun
>>
>>381527217
>strong female protag
>story over gameplay
>ugly tumblr artstyle
It's basically a reddit game, don't worry about it.
>>
>>381529016
>both the mechanics and style of transistor are good reasons to play it
Too bad the main characters are so boring and terrible.
>>
Alright faggots, post best songs.
https://youtu.be/cGMWL8cOeAU
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.