[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >a cynical faggot who thinks most modern game quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

File: art_1.jpg (89KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
art_1.jpg
89KB, 851x315px
>be me
>a cynical faggot who thinks most modern game quality is dead
>hear good things about dying light
>enjoyed the first dead island kinda
>pick it up on the steam sale
>holyshititsreallygood
>literally one of the best (new) games in general i've played in years
>really fun
>good price
>tons of free dlc coming including story expansions and new areas

I'm going to shamelessly shill and say that some of you fags were actually right. Dying Light is really fucking good.
>>
Dying Light is way better than it should have been. It is ridiculous to think that these people made the shit-show that was Dead Island.

DL is by far the best zombie game of the 2010s.
>>
>>381525814
> >a cynical faggot who thinks most modern game quality is dead
Serves you right. Maybe if you played more games you would find more good ones.
Dying Light was even better with a friend.
The story is the most uninspired piece of crap you can imagine though.
>>
Dying Light is unironically the GOTY of 2015

Fuck off weebs and polish sword polishers
>>
>le be me XD
Kill yourself
>>
>>381527938
>I'm gonna take one of these vials of cure and put it in my pocket before burning the rest just in case
>oh no this girl and I are both infected and we only have one cure provided by the villain and there's nothing I can do so she dies
Still rustles me.

Great game though. I even did all the parkour shit at night because I really liked the feel of it for a first person game.
>>
>>381527457
I liked Dead Island

the 2nd city map specifically was what I long wanted out of a zombie game
>>
i thought it was okay at best
>>
>>381528267
The first two open world maps were fun but once you hit the forest things quickly fall apart.
>>
Zombies are dead to me
>>
It was a pretty good game but like dead island wears out it's welcome and the devs hardon for making the characters literally retarded and neo-noir bleakness kind of sours it. I mean it ends with either you nuke everyone or become one of the monsters you ran from at night
>>
>>381528267
This, the only redeeming thing on dead island was the city, which was awesome.
>>
>>381528648
I thought the bikini zombies were kind hot and jacked off to at least one
>>
And to think this game is sitting at a 74 MC because cucks like Jim Sterling gave it a 5/10.

Thank god players didn´t give a fuck and it sold really well.
>>
>>381528702
Why did chubbajabba hate it?

It even had an empowered female who didn't solely exist to be saved by the protag, who clearly thought she was fucking awesome and had a boner for her
>>
I actually liked Dead Island a lot. The only reason I'm not buying Dying Light though is that I still have to beat the Ryder White campaign and Riptide.

I think I'm suffering from a bit of zombie burnout. And to be honest Haran looks nowhere as nice as Banoi.
>>
>>381528929
>>
>>381528958
Ryder White is a huge waste of fucking time, it's mostly a truncated early game then you speed up into guns guns guns.

Riptide is pretty good, adds a lot to the game
>>
>>381528001
Techland is also Polish.
Who's the sword polisher now?
>>
>>381525814
Very good game, the history was shit and had some issues with some perks (get camouflage+camo kill = you won, game over). And really, for the next one they can keep the RPG mechanics but hide them from the player!!, and remove the boss fights, these are annoying, and the crafting, it's nonsense (or just craft plausible weapons, not a broom stick which damanges with fire and ice and such).

But the scenarios are good and never gets tired of just running around. It was a nice surprise.
>>
>>381528943
He compares it to Far Cry and other shit and says it´s basically a save ripoff of other games.

Makes no sense to me whatsoever.
>>
>>381525814
They announced a new DLC coming this year, i'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>381528219
dude right should have stashed it somewhere or the fact the airdrops were supposed to have antizen but you never got any more it seemed no matter how many drops you got still not enough
>>
>>381529214
I mean it's really more of a fps dead rising but... Yeah who cares if it's a ripoff?

Methinks he's salty about the company and it's inability to not offend people
>>
It was pretty fucking boring.
>>
>>381529276
>More story dlc

What? But the last one ends with you nuking the country
>>
That's because the game gets alot of small details right. Such as a completely pitch black night mode, Certain enemies reacting to certain things to make your fight harder, Parkour, etc. Dead Island I just got annoyed cause after awhile it was just "clear out Zombie room #456" Atleast with DL, I was constantly being kept on my toes due to not having the right gear at certain times or not pay attention to my surroundings.
>>
>>381528702
>>381528943
>>381529214
>>381529325
Jim Sterling's a fucking idiot and doesn't understand jack from shit about the majority of video games. The only thing he's got is Early Access and he's right about it, but otherwise his taste is abysmal and full of bias.
>>
>>381528458
that end you talking about is from the dlc not the base game if dying light 2 comes out they could say its not cannon
>>
>>381529401
They promised more, including an extension to the main line, so clearly something's going on.
>>
>>381529276
source
>>
>>381529325
>it's really more of a fps dead rising
You have some problems understanding DR then
>>
Is the steam version "Dying light: The Following Enhanced edition" the game + DLC or just a better version of the DLC
>>
They're really still adding content 2 years down the line?
>>
>>381529807
its the the base game with the dlc the following if thats what your asking
>>
>>381529971
Aight thanks. Its 20 bucks rn. Dunno if I want to i vest that amount of mobey on a zombie game but I'll keep an eye on it
>>
>>381529807
>>381530160

It's got all the DLC except the 3 costume/weapon packs, Ranger etc, but everything else is in there.
>>
>>381529401
>>381529715
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/15/dying-light-getting-10-pieces-free-dlc-next-12-months/
>>
>>381525814
I really wanted to get it but I wanted to get it with the dlc and it cost a bit to much for me with that.
>>
>>381530160
it really is the best recent zombie game to come out you should get it on your preferred system if that's pc than its a good price for what you get i got it on X1 and played the shit out of it. PS in the dlc theirs no funner thing to do than mow down zombies in your customized buggy
>>
>>381529410
Even on Hard mode it felt a lot harder than Dead Island ever did and is still one of the hardest games I've played in recent years. I've died to as few as two zombies even with perks because I wasn't paying attention. I can't imagine Nightmare mode. It's really great and I wish more open world games took its approach, putting you against genuinely deadly opposition and not holding your hand.
>>
File: 1426632499014.png (248KB, 449x500px) Image search: [Google]
1426632499014.png
248KB, 449x500px
>>381529401
You literally trusted a talking zombie
>>
File: 1353724464113.gif (498KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
1353724464113.gif
498KB, 262x200px
>>381530467
10 new free dlc WTF hyped now......tho the free part worries me
>>
>long ass tutorial
>crafting
>zombies
You have to be special kind of normie to enjoy tthis
>>
>>381531097
It's probably not going to be as big as The Following, still a nice detail. They also hold events frequently (although i never joined any since i don't play on multiplayer).
>>
I feel like I was the only one to play Vs. Nighthunter mode. That shit was tense in 1v1s.
>>
>>381531219
i know it will probably be just new quarantine zones outfits and weapons but they did say a new zone in the article so maybe a new map the size of the antenna or sum thing small like that we can hope for bigger but free is free
>>
>>381527938
>Serves you right
So being a cynical faggot means your entitled to get proven wrong by getting something good?
>>
I liked Dead Island but I was immediately turned off by Dying Light.
>Enhanced mobility is a gimmick, regardless if it's named Mirror's Edge or not
>No island setting = what makes this fucking game special
>Dirty graphics where you can't see shit
>No weapon duping or hacked weapons like Dead Island
>>
How exactly do you get points for surviving the night? Tried standing near the tower safehouse door and got zero. Getting inside a building that is not a safe house would do the trick?
>>
>>381532298
>>No island setting = what makes this fucking game special
The modern middle east setting is quite unique if you ask me.
I thought Iran was a wrecked wasteland before playing this.
>>
>>381532591
Go outside and just run/jump over things
Don't even have to kill just run around on rooftops and you'll get a bunch of points with low risk
>>
>>381532591
thing you do to earn points during the day like killing running turning in drops are double at night you dont just stand there an expect to level up
>>
>>381532298
>No weapon duping or hacked weapons like Dead Island
you need to cheat to play a game? sad
>>
>>381532652
>>381532775
That does make sense. The double gains at night are tempting but the volatiles roaming are scary as shit.

I want to try baiting one near the safe house and hitting it with the 200 attack power hammer to see if it dies fast or not.
>>
>>381525814
It is pretty good but man the game gave me headaches after playing for too long. I still haven't finished it.
>>
slums should've been much shorter
old city should've been much longer
the following open map is good though
>>
>>381525814
dying light was literally everything I wanted with a zombie open world games
although the grappling hook makes the game look bad
but the night runs
>wew
>>
>>381533059
>200 attack power
did you just start the game? wait till you get a 1000+ machete then add 3 king mods you will MOW them down like a mad man
>>
>>381532591
You don't gain points in the safe houses at night.

>>381533059
>hitting it with the 200 attack power hammer to see if it dies fast or not.

No matter how fast you'll ever kill Volatiles they'll always kill you faster. Fucking horrifying enemies for real.

Also your 200 damage hammer is going to be like a rubber mallet to them.
>>
>>381525814
Are you the guy from the steam sale thread yesterday?
>>
>>381530925
Exactly, the first scripted night mission scared the piss outta me cause they just threw you in. They barely explained Volatiles and it didn't help that your climbing and running skills were low as fuck. It was some dead space shit all over for me.
>>
>>381533804
Actually it's stupid easy to kill them with a ~400 dmg pistol, it takes like 5 headshots or so. Wouldn't try that in the open tho...
>>
>>381525814
>tons of free dlc coming including story expansions and new areas

since fucking when? are they making another expansion?
>>
File: 1495078993092.jpg (20KB, 320x257px) Image search: [Google]
1495078993092.jpg
20KB, 320x257px
>get invaded by special infected player
>he jumps at me but I use the UV light
>see the near miss animation play
>he slams into a spike post
I just wish they'd tune up the gameplay a bit so night time is a constant threat throughout the game and maybe add in a few new guns.
>>
>>381531672
I think he means it as OP deserves to barely finding out about this game as opposed to when everyone had it because he was too cynical. You do realize that DL is one of the first PS4 games. Its old as fuck and I'm kinda surprised people are still co-oping on it.
>>
Dying light isn't actually that good and I don't really understand why /v/ seems to like it so much, it seems to me to be a dead island game with shameless rips from far cry, from the fragmented rpg-lite upgrades, "parkour" climbing to the obnoxiously generic protagonist who could easily be substituted by Jason Brody or the far cry 4 guy with no changes to the game. The night, which would have been an interesting feature was ruined by the casual pitfalls of waypoints and immersion ruining HUD and sight cones of the otherwise effective night monsters. The combat itself is more skeletal than it seems, which is revealed during the bandit levels. Gunplay is especially bad.
>>
>>381534330
See
>>381530467
>>
>>381534227
> first scripted night mission
All I did was (other than pray) was keep L3 pressed and open the map to check the route to the Tower every 5 seconds. My Agility was not low so they never caught me fortunately.

Read you could do it sneaking too (breaking their vision cone with the UV lamplight) but nope'd hard after that cutscene.
>>
>>381534710
Yeah I was freaking out too damn hard to try and UV them
>>
I played over 3 quarters of the game before I realised there was a torch
the game is actually better without it
>>
Sequel when?
>>
This was one of those games that i never expected to be as good as it was
>>
>>381530467
Oh shit son
The second city is what I wanted all of dying light to be. I got bored quickly with the expansion, maybe I'll give it another try with this news
>>
>>381525814
>>a cynical faggot who thinks most modern game quality is dead
>>enjoyed the first dead island kinda
you're not a cynical faggot, you're just 16.
>>
I got bored after reaching level 250 and having a box full of 3x king meme katanas.
Admittedly I've been really bored with new games recently. Should I reinstall this game and start fresh /v/? Or will I just get bored again.
>>
File: 2011-09-06_00001.jpg (192KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2011-09-06_00001.jpg
192KB, 1280x720px
>>381528696
>>
>>381536514
They said some of their freeLC will be new enemy types. Plus Nightmare mode got made harder so there's definitely reasons to come back.

>>381534627
>combat is more skeletal than it seems

Were you expecting Dark Souls? It has more to it than any Far Cry game and more than Dead Island + Riptide did.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.