[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy transistor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: header.jpg (30KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
30KB, 460x215px
Should I buy transistor?
>>
Guy who has it here. I dig it. The combat system kinda reminds me of Vagrant Story.
>>
Only if you want it.
>>
>>381524692
Y
e
s
>>
>>381524692
Do you have Bastion? If so, yes. It no, buy Bastion.
>>
It's a style over substance game with a lot of style

though I feel it wasn't fully realized, the combat system of swapping moves between active, passive and equip slots was neat to mess around with for a while
>>
>trans shit
>>
Which one is better Transister or Bastion?
>>
File: 1461712595748.jpg (140KB, 800x544px) Image search: [Google]
1461712595748.jpg
140KB, 800x544px
>>381525605
I liked Bastion more, both have their merits
>>
>>381525605
Bastion has a better story and ending.
>>
>>381525605
Can someone list the pros and cons of both
>>
>>381525605
They aren't all that comparable.
>>
>>381525854
I'm asking because alot of people started bringing it up.
>>
anyone else looking forward to Pyre? Looks pretty interesting to me
>>
File: oYidM2R.jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oYidM2R.jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
It's THREE FUCKING DOLLARS

This game is incredible. Buy it. Buy Bastion if you haven't too.
>>
>>381525834
Highly subjective, but.

Bastion
>vastly better music
>better story

Transistor
>better art
>better gameplay
>>
I loved it, i actually preferred it over Bastion although i can't really tell you why, the only thing i remember from Bastion is the ending. I guess i liked the setting of Transistor, the gameplay and soundtrack better.
>>
File: yxHXRKR.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yxHXRKR.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>381525605
Transistor
>Unique combat system
>Insanely customizable compared to Bastions 2 weapons/special
>Artstyle beats Bastion
REAL SPOILERSBoth have a few big twists right at the end of the gameREAL SPOILERS

-Doesn't use the constant narrator/transistor to as good affect as fucks but has other voices that do well
-Short, but has a new game plus that has pretty much no new story
REAL SPOILERSNothing in Transistor can beat carrying Zulf, but I think on the whole it's a better game.REAL SPOILERS
>>
>>381524692
Art is pretty good, but game is very short.
>>
>>381527480
it would have easily topped Bastion for me if assimlated Grant & Asher were a duo boss fight, O&S style
>>
>>381527550
FUCK
Crtl S didn't work for some reason

Test
>>
>>381525605
Transistors ending invalidates literally everything you do after tanking control of the heroine. like, you could just die at any point in the story and the outcome would be the same.
So Bastion is better. Obviously.
>>
>>381527572
I was so fucking pissed that the game hyped them up to be badass bosses only to have them commit suicide off-screen.
>>
>>381527750

Why is this a bad thing? The story is pretty interesting and the ending brings the character arcs to a satisfying and emotional conclusion.
>>
>>381527951

This.
>>
God no, this game is fucking awful. With it 2deep4me pretentious shit. Muh fee-fees, Red! Oh your voice, Red! Listen how sad our OST! Unlike limbo or inside, this garbage at least has "gameplay"
>>
>>381527750
Oh that is not true at all.

Especially considering it's a gigantic "Fuck you." to anybody who picked up the game thinking "oh hooorayy a game with a very STRONG INDEPENDENT FEMALE LEAD!!!!" because in the end she isn't that and instead proves to be a completely normal, vulnerable person who, like any of us who know what real love feels like, feels it just isn't really worth going on much longer without the one they love most.
>>
File: image.png (49KB, 204x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
49KB, 204x193px
>thought I was 40% through the story
>I was actually 95% in
>>
Yes. Dear God yes. This is in my top five games.
>>
File: 1490362659077.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490362659077.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>>381527750
>he thinks that pointless struggles are pointless stories
>>
File: trump-border-wall.jpg (58KB, 586x381px) Image search: [Google]
trump-border-wall.jpg
58KB, 586x381px
>"I dig my hole, you build a wall."
>>
File: Fuck off jew.png (65KB, 536x474px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off jew.png
65KB, 536x474px
>>381527951
>Why is this a bad thing
Because why should I give a shit?
>The story is pretty interesting
The premise is interesting and the villains were great. That's about it.
>and the ending brings the character arcs to a satisfying and emotional conclusion
>transistors ending
>satisfying
>>
>>381528062

This has got to be bait.

Why are video games the only medium where people get offended at the notion of a game trying to have an atmosphere/emotions? No one complains when a movie or graphic novel decide it wants a unique art style or involved plot.

Cinematography is to movies what gameplay is to games, but movie buffs never whine about "muh cinematography" being sacrificed whenever a movie gets emotional or poignant because they're not dumb enough to think the two are at odds with each other
>>
>>381528062
>2deep4me pretentious shit

Who the fuck walks away from Transistor thinking that? At no point does it try to be pretentious or deep, it's incredibly straightforward and honest, nor is there a hint of any sort of "do u get it do u get it :)" bullshit in any of it's dialogue or story structure as it's so simple a 9 year old would have zero trouble following it.
>>
>>381528403

Do you think stories have to have a positive ending in which progress is made or difficulties overcome in order to be interesting?

Some of the most interesting stories don't really end with the main characters accomplishing something or reaching their goal. Sometimes you care about an ending because it teaches you something new or important about the characters you've spent all this time with.

The ending to Transistor was super satisfying, it was obviously what the whole game was building up to and it made sense for all of the characters involved.
>>
>>381524692

It's not bad. It's not AMAZING.

It's like a 6.5 or 7/10.
>>
>>381524692
>>381525605
>>381525834
Transistor
>Better gameplay mechanics
>Better art direction
>Better music

Bastion
>Better gameplay experience
>Longer story with a larger world and more things to do (though the larger world is broken into levels, but you can revisit them freely)
>Cooler weapons

I liked both and I'll personally say Bastion is the better option. Transistor had a lot of unmet potential.
>>
>>381528403
>Have had clinical depression since I was 9
>Have been in a relationship with the same girl since high school
>Have had dozens of times in my life where I've wanted to commit sudoku
>Know that if anything were to ever happen to my girl, I'd pull a Red.

Transistor had a pretty perfect ending to me. One of my favorite games of all time, the only problem with it is that it isn't longer.
>>
>>381528480
>uh oh he doesn't like it, must be bait
Okay, bud? I didn't like it at all, because I'm not a 12yo special snowflake girl who wants to show how depressed she is.
>oh she mumbles I'm so sad right now
>Red, leave me! Go on with out me, your voice, Red, oh so beautiful!
Good thing it was a gift from a friend. Bastion is in the same basket.
>>
>>381529184
I'd kill to have a version of Transistor with dialogue like that. Like a "New Game Minus" mode as an April Fool's joke.
>>
>>381529184

It's gotta be bait. No one can be this dumb.

You're going to miss everything cool and die boring
>>
>>381529780
Good. Because I'm sure transmemesistor not one of those cool things so I wont miss much.
>>
I haff trans sistor. She has penis still.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.