[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fuck is it with the Japs and fishing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

The fuck is it with the Japs and fishing?
>>
>>381524219
Well it was whale and dolphin that dropped atomic bombs
>>
>>381524308
t. Chickenberg and Beefstein
>>
>>381524308
FUCKU YOU WHARE, FUCKU YOU DOPHIRIN!
>>
>>381524219
They're an island nation. Take a guess
>>
>>381524219
Island nation whose livelihood for centuries was fishing. It's not difficult to put together.
>>
>>381524219
It's almost like they're surrounded by oceans and have survived on a seafood-heavy diet for centuries or something.
>>
>>381525072
>>381525064

So...the fuck is it with the US and shooting ?
>>
>>381524219
Sushi, dolphins and whales.
>>
>>381525064
>>381525072
>>381525280
But isn't it weird how they shove fishing minigames into everything though, no matter how unrelated?
It's like American devs shoving football minigames into everything, it's a bit odd.
>>
>>381525389
A nation that came into existence through a war for independence. They have as close as relationship with weapons as several African states for the same reasons, the only difference is that America managed to only have one civil war and actually prospered as a country.
>>
What happened to the first VR shit with Prompto and Cindy?
>>
>>381525389
Can't spell guns without U and S
>>
>>381525389
>>381525632
>>381525698
That's not really the same. Those are games with guns as part of the central gameplay. Japanese always put fishing in as a side thing even when it makes little sense.
>>
>>381525565
They're an old country with a strong history of tradition. These things die hard.

>>381525920
It's really not that strange considering how integral a part of their culture it is and has been.
Is it really that ubiquitous, though? Off the top of my head I can only think of Nier, Zelda and Okami.
>>
>>381525565
USA games are shoved with guns.
>>
>>381525632
don't forget we depended on guns for food in the old west and in the frontiers land, and even now in rural poor areas
>>
>>381526182
>Dark Cloud 2 (this game has crazy fleshed-out side games)
>Breath of Fire
>Suikoden
>Persona 4/5
>Yakuza 0
Legend of Heroes
I could go on, this list is neverending like holy shit. Fishing fits in well with slice-of-life simulators (Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon) but for some reason there is this insistence to include them in big epic fantasy games. Like, any JRPG HAS to have a fishing minigame. Maybe it's just the tradition for tradition's sake.

>>381526238
>durr why are games with combat so focused on guns
I'm not being butthurt here, we really do love guns, but what you said is stupid.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.