[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arma 3 PC build tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: PCspecs.png (39KB, 660x526px) Image search: [Google]
PCspecs.png
39KB, 660x526px
Hey guys, just bought Arma 3 on sale. Having a blast prior to playing a shit ton of Arma 2, but i'm getting 20-30 fps. Normally I'm fine with 30, but I want to be above 30 when possible, because I got 45 on Arma 2. I need help with what parts to buy.

I didn't build this PC, I bought it like this for $450 in Feb because I need a computer and didn't feel like waiting for parts.

Pic related are my specs. I have a little bit of money to upgrade. What parts should I get to boost performance?
>>
Graphics card first. See what you can get for the one you have already. CPU and consequently motherboard would be next in priority. How much do you have to spend rn?
>>
>>381524097
I would say around 400-500. Kinda thinking I should just replace everything with intel parts, but idk yet. What graphics card would be a cut above the one I have now?
>>
>>381524223
With that much on hand (assuming you have 500 to spend), I'd try for a GTX 1060 or a RX 570 (look for deals around $200). With the rest, including what get for your current graphics card, you might be able to manage a i5 6600k (around $200 on amazon rn) and a decent motherboard to match it, look for a Z170 motherboard, I wouldn't go below $150 for one, unless it's discounted from $150. the 6600k you could overclock should you want to look into that at some point.
>>
>>381524223
>>381525147
Cont.

Also, it's a pretty bad time to be in need of a relatively affordable graphics card like the 1060/570 atm. Things are hard to come by because of cryptocurrency mining atm.
>>
>>381523486
Arma is very cpu-dependent but doesn't have good multi-core support. Make sure you get a card with a high clock speed.
>>
Its your cpu mate, even an overclocked pentium g3258 performs better in the Arma 3 engine.
>>
Get an i 7770k
>>
File: pages.jpg (1MB, 1248x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pages.jpg
1MB, 1248x1200px
>>381523486
>I didn't build this PC, I bought it like this for $450 in Feb because I need a computer and didn't feel like waiting for parts.

If you waited and properly built one, you would have a top notch pc.

Instead you spent it all on an outdated mob/cpu with outdated ram and an outdated vidya card

Still you can reuse the Hard drive and power supply at least. So that's 100 bucks you can save. Not sure if that case is reusable

Get the ryzen 1400 here and the asrock ab350 pro 4

Both should cost 170+40 so 210.

Get 8gb off ddr4 ram. Likely gonna run you 55 dollars.

Get a rx 470/570 8gb. Though this is the worst time to get video cards since they're all sold out. Mining fags are buying them all up
>>
>>381525923

Oh forgot to mention that only applies if you walk in a microcenter. If not you're gonna need to downgrade to a mATX motherboard.
>>
>>381523486
>AMD
Just throw the whole fucking computer out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.