[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paradox Bows Down To Reddit Bullies And Rollbacks The Prices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: paracux.jpg (453KB, 1371x992px) Image search: [Google]
paracux.jpg
453KB, 1371x992px
We did it, Reddit.
>>
>Unironically sucking paradox dick
(you)
>>
>>381523593
fuck is you talking about, son
>>
What exactly happend?

Did they increased the prices before the sale?
>>
>>381523752
Raised their prices in 3rd world countries and the subhumans got mad. I'm not even sure what this has to do with leddit.

Daily reminder to use creamapi for the dlc
>>
>>381523752
Yes. They increased DLC prices for a few of their games like EU4 and, and this is really the cherry at the top, went from giving up to 75% off on major DLC to 33%-50% off. So not only did DLC for essentially everyone that's not in the USA go up from 15 Euros to 20 Euros, the sales themselves were worse.
>>
>>381523407
>promises to 'refund' the price difference
>openly admits he doesn't fully understand the steam platform and how it handles credits
>you may not get your money back, but we will burn it away right in front of you, if you'd like
Yeah, this is not an apology. He also straight up admits his business practices have helped his company grow and they wont be changing anything about their DLC policy.

>>381523752
They bumped the prices on their games to offset some of the lost profits from the summer sale discounts. The steam community bombed all their games with bad reviews which then prompted this post from the CEO.
>>
DAILY REMINDER

Parajew didn't go back on the price increases because people complained but because what they did is flagrantly illegal in many nations
>>
>raising prices just before a sale
That's fucking hilariously illegal where I live. I hope they get fucked
>>
>>381524136
But hey, if they rolled back the prices while the summer sale was ongoing, they couldn't sell their games during the sale with new(old) prices. :((((((((((((( Poor Paradox. Luckily they have the right fix and they'll donate the difference earned directly to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
>>
>>381523407
>Bows Down
>I just got off the phone with steam and the prices can't be rolled back before the summer sale concludes
It's fucking nothing
>>
>>381523407
>paradox rolls back prices for the third world, who isn't buying anything on the first place
>right after the same summer sale tho ;)
>also ultra overpriced DLC fest will continue ;)
Wow its fucking nothing
>>
>>381523407
>we will ATTEMPT to give people who bought our shit on sale after we jacked the price up before hand the difference
>providing they know enough to ask for it, of course
Literally fucking nothing.
>>
>price will remain jacked up while the sale is on
>go down after it ends
Wooow it's almost like the price never even changed
And the DLC is still retardedly overprices

Fuck Paradox, they're a cancer
>>
>>381524620
>Fuck Paradox, they're a cancer

Yes.
>>
>>381523407
It still makes me chuckle how he thinks there's nothing wrong with their DLC policies.
>>
about time people paradox got called out
>>
>>381526295
>about time people paradox got called out

Can you translate that to English from whatever monkeyspeak you were using?
>>
>>381523407
>UNHCR
Yes! Thank you for helping to destroy the planet!! I love paradox!
>>
>raise prices and shill DLC because you're fucking jews
>then cave to whinging manchildren because you're spineless swedes
I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE I HATE MORE
>>
>>381523407
I wonder if in the end they'll give back the difference or just continue to jew
>>
>>381523752
They increased the price of games in countries that don't use the USD in steam to adjust for "inflation". Including games that are over 10 years old.
People are also assmad that they spit out a new dlc/expansion for one or more of their games every month, each one costing around $10.
Crusader Kings 2 still costs $40 even though it came out in 2012.
It has a shitload of dlc and all of it is on sale for 50% off, it still costs $135 for all the dlc.
The DLC often contain key features that really should have been in the game to begin with, and the "free" updates that come along with the game aren't very good at all.

EU4 is an even worse offender. Came out in 2013. All of the dlc is 50% off except for the newest one and it still costs $160 to buy it all.
The "free" updates add stuff like devastation to the game, which makes all of your land shithouse if any enemies stand on it. There is absolutely no bonus to having no devastation in your lands unless you buy the $8 DLC to make it become prosperous and give benefits if the devastation is 0.

Compare to their older games like EU3 and Victoria 2. EU3 had 4 actual expansions which changed improved the game a lot. Victoria 2 had 2 actual expansions which changed and improved the game a lot. You can pick up both games and their expansions for like $5 right now.

tl;dr paradox has become more and more jewish since 2012, when before they used to be a white and based company.
>>
>>381528902
why they go full jew?
>>
>>381528080
>caving in to whining manchildren
>donate their money to UNCHR

Yeah, I don't know much about caving in.
>>
File: johan2.jpg (125KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
johan2.jpg
125KB, 427x640px
>>381528991
>>
>we're going to make a space game
>except if you don't play as a refugees welcome democracy your going to just be worse overall compared to a refugees welcome democracy
>don't even thinking about playing as the imperium of man you fucking space racist!
>also we'll add a hive mind, but make it take away a shit load of game mechanics and not add anything new haha give us $20 for this you dumb goy
>>
Their games are fucking expensive.
It'd probably cost like $400 to get CK2 with all the expansions.
I'd still probably buy it, if they were on GoG instead of the install-our-spyware-or-you-can't-play-our-games store
>>
File: 1497953630249.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1497953630249.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Search EUIV IGG or CK2 IGG. Download through Google Drive. Paradox deserves to get pirated for their shitty business practices, this isn othing new. They're only getting bolder and more jewish.
>>
>>381524080
Yep, but it was mostly countries with less developed economies and fewer consumer protection laws.
>>
>>381528902
I'm aware of the entire problem at paradox, there is a reason why I have EU IV installed twice on my PC, once officially and once pirated.

Thankfully, the mods installed for the steam version are also loaded by the pirate version.
Wish I could play it online though...
>>
>>381529660
>Wish I could play it online though...
You can? You sound like a retard though. You don't need to install it twice if you have bought it legit. Just pirate all the dlc and away you go.
>>
CK2 is a niche game aimed at adults.
It's like a less extreme version of train simulator games with $2000 DLC.
Costs so much because they're not for children, and their fans are very loyal
>>
File: 1473227631584.jpg (31KB, 223x349px) Image search: [Google]
1473227631584.jpg
31KB, 223x349px
>>381529752
If I don't have the steam version installed I don't have access to the steam workshop.
>>
>>381529928
You can use the pirated dlc with the steam version? You should probably get a vasectomy so you don't produce any offspring as stupid as you though.
>>
>>381529860
>and their fans are very loyal
>aimed at adults
No, they aren't, because adults aren't "loyal" to companies, that's for children.
>>
>>381530006
What?

Nigger, the steamworkshop.
I'm talking about mods.

I play the pirated version that includes all the DLC.
But I had to manually install mods if I wish to play with them on the pirated version.

But gladly, the pirated version loads the mods from the general directory for mods.

The only reason the steam version is installed is the fact that it allows me to access the steam workshop nice and easily.
>>
>>381530246
you are retarded i was trying to help you but you are too retarded to help
>>
File: 1496777541578.jpg (8KB, 251x189px) Image search: [Google]
1496777541578.jpg
8KB, 251x189px
>>381530319
You mean the DLC unlocker for the steamversion?

You were talking about that?
Yeah, I tried it before and it didn't worked really. I have no clue why the unlocker dosn't work but I found a way that works arround. All it does is taking up a few gigs of space on the HDD. What a big deal.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.