[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Demons Souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: demons souls.jpg (104KB, 256x295px) Image search: [Google]
demons souls.jpg
104KB, 256x295px
This is the best game in the series because it actually tried new things, focused on immersion, and was innovative. All the sequels re-hashed the same shit and focused on subpar Souls combat instead.

You know it to be true.
>>
>>381510684
Did you have this opinion before the Matthewmatosis video?
>>
>>381510827
unironically yes. but I bet most people only think so now because now it's "allowed".
>>
>>381510684
Nah, DeS in general is underdeveloped, the only proper things it got out there were the combat and exploration, most of the "innovative" bosses were awkward messes, it can only be considered good due to nostalgia and e-celeb parroting
>>
>>381510684
Oh look, potatonigger brainwashed masses finally found a new opinion

Bloodborne is the best overall game in the series.

t. started with Demon's (potatoniggerfaggot says he did but he's lying, he started with DaS)
>>
Dark Souls is just Demon's Souls++
>>
>>381511908
>Bloodborne is the best overall game in the series.
>RUN RUN RUN NOW SLASH
Such gameplay
>>
>Bosses have about 3 moves in thier entire moveset that don't react to the players position
>most bosses just have a gimmick
>it's too hard to get upgrade stones
>world tenancy was a bit dumb

Level design was good though and the weapon variety was quite good for the first game. They learnt quite a bit about bosses after they made Dark Souls.
>>
Oh look, now that matthew released his video he has given you faggots the blueprint for explaining why you like thing. Don't ever make this thread on my board again EVER!
>>
>>381512250
But that is literally what every game other than BB is.

Because there's no backstabs you have to actually fight tough enemies properly, no cheesing. It forces you to actually use your moveset.

I never ever used a backstep attack on any PVE enemies in DeS through to DaS2, and did it all the time in BB. DaS3, never.
>>
>Everyone is now just going to say DeS was the best because a video influenced their opinion to say so
>Can't hold that opinion anymore because faggots will just call you a sheep

Fuck the memes, DeS, BB, and Scholar are the peak of the series, the only reason DS1 is so widely loved is because PC people and to a way lesser extent, 360 people had the first chance to play one.
>>
>>381512190
No it's not. That's like saying Dark Souls 2 is Dark Souls ++, or Dark Souls 3 is Dark Souls +++.
>>
>>381512897
>Scholar
kill yourself this instant
>>
DeS was always my favorite in the series even before matts meme video. I dont know why and i cant put it into words. It was just so damn memorable somehow
>>
BB is still my favourite. Both DeS and DS are good. The numbered sequels were sub par.
>>
>>381510827
I didn't know who he was until today. He pretty much just repeated my thoughts back to me.
>>
>>381513231
My fucking guy right here

The only games that matter are the ones with standalone namesakes

I want "New Name" instead of "Bloodborne/Demon's Souls 2" next
>>
Demon's Souls is trash compared to the rest of the games.

>gender-locked armor
>sloppily handled world tendency that means one mistake can unknowingly lock you out of content
>no poise while not being very fluid leads to R1 spam being the most effective strategy on a level above even bloodborne's R1 spam
>bad weapon and armor variety
>grass is the main method of healing and is farmed, then held in hugely excess amounts up to 99 per type
>bosses are pushovers with only a few exceptions; one boss is even a poorly implemented PvP boss that encourages healing system abuse
>no indicators of status effects building up on you, you'll just get poisoned out of nowhere

To its credit, the enemy variety is pretty good, the level design is pretty good, and the aesthetic is pretty good. The story is debatable but I wouldn't call it bad. There are just a ton of mechanical flaws that all add up and lead to an overall lukewarm experience compared to the other entries. It's not the best by any means, and I don't think you could even say it's better than DS2.
>>
Is there a more autistic community than souls fags? Your threads are always the same shit over and over, seems like you arent capable of discussing anything besides muh game is better than yours even between games in the series.
>>
>>381510684
No, because I think Bloodborne did the exact same thing as DES but with even better combat. Everything I liked about DES was improved upon in DaS, but then re-innovated in BB
>>
>>381510684
My favorite thing about Demon's Souls is the loading screens and how they only last 40 seconds.
>>
>>381510684
You're probably right.

but it's exclusive to PS3!!!!
>>
>>381510684

>Shill for the potato nigger with shitty opinions
>Potato nigger just parrots shit from /v/
>Suddenly this kind of post is gonna be a thing because MUH /v/ APPROVED E-CELEB SAID SO

He did the same for Dark Souls 2. Why do you people eat his shit up? Having your own thoughts is gonna be a thing of the past now, fucking hell.
>>
File: DC4lwjAWAAI_HUi.jpg (119KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DC4lwjAWAAI_HUi.jpg
119KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>381518092
Source?
>>
>>381512739
>fight tough enemies properly, no cheesing

kek
>see tough enemy
>charge r2, time it so as he gets within range its fully charged
>knock tough enemy on ass and kill him

backstabbing is harder and more fun
>>
I played des after ds1 and 2(hated 2) and I fell in love with the game right at the beggining, it's my favorite.

I didn't replayed it as much as ds1, it doesn't have the best replayability, but the first time was the best compared to other souls games.

In the dark souls games nothing fucking matters, there's nothing you can do at all, everything is fucked, there isn't a motivation for your character to keep fighting, or for you to keep playing.

I know that this is intended, and it makes Dark Souls different, but nothing nice ever happens in those games holy shit.
>>
>>381518092
can you wear it?
>>
>>381518092
what the fuck
>>
>>381510684
I would agree if not for the fact that I strongly believe that execution is more important than concept. DeS is the best on a conceptual level but has the least polish and a lot of flaws. Dragon God may be more "unique" than [insert autistic flailing beast here] but he's shitty to actually "fight". Even ignoring that he's a puzzle boss, he's not a FUN puzzle boss. His hitboxes are atrocious, the actions you perform to defeat him are boring and tedious, etc. I could go down the line with the other gimmick bosses as well.

Also Matt never outright claimed that DeS was his favorite, in fact he's said several times that DaS is his favorite.
>>
>>381510827
his DeS video is pretty much just a glorified lets play
>>
File: ds11.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ds11.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
>>381510684
DeS is the best because worlds had advanced themes and were very fleshed out. It's pacing and variety is unmatched by any other title in the Souls franchise. Furthermore, the level design itself is near flawless and the usage of verticality to create shortcuts was executed well, unlike the connectivity and teleportation of the DaS series which was an absolute mess. DeS just has so much heart and quality packed into it I really feel sorry for the shitposters that never got to play it. I hope it gets emulated properly soon because it clearly blows DaS out of the water.

>>381510827
is this some eceleb autism
>>
>>381514068
I think BB was lacking in some of the more clever design concepts that DeS had, like world 4 creating a sense of urgency from very aggressive enemies and rewarding the player for rushing forward and world 5 creating a similar sense of urgency from constant poison but punishing the player for rushing forward. Every world had a unique flavor like that. The zones in BB are different visually and have decent enemy variety, but there isn't anything that is as consistent and complex.
>>
>>381521549
dur what is the forest and yahargul or even the loft
>>
>>381520084
Everybody already acknowledged Dragon God as CG movie bait that didn't pan out. The less giant bosses the Souls series does the better, because they're all disappointing on some level.
>>
I've loved all the games, excluding 2, but des is the one I've replayed the most. despite being the first installment and also remarkably unpolished, no other entry has or permutation from another company has managed to actually come up with something as different as des was. you have to understand that the souls formula which has begun to bleed out into every other video game, regardless of genre, started with des. however you feel about it it's one of the most influential games of all time up there with system shock 2 and the metal gear series
>>
>>381523657
DeS is just a 3D Diablo clone. Hardly innovative.
>>
>>381510684
Now that some "///ourguy xD xD///" literal who made a video about DeS every contrarian autist on /v/ has come out of the woodwork to shill this shitty old game that would have no popularity without Dark Souls. Get saged like the rest.
>>
File: thestrong.jpg (55KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
thestrong.jpg
55KB, 607x608px
Bloodborne is the best in the series, but Demon's Souls is better to play. If Bloodborne didn't have the best writing in the medium Demon's Souls would certainly be the best. In a way it's a shame that Bloodborne is the best, because I'd like the uniqueness of Demon's Souls to be encouraged by proclaiming it's the best game in the series.
>>
lots of people said demons souls was their favorite on /v/, myself included. only fags who never played it would disagree.

who the fuck is matosis? you fags and your e-celebs.
>>
>>381511713
Awkward (interesting) messes are better than non-stop Ludwig bosses.
>>
File: 1483214363057.png (363KB, 510x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483214363057.png
363KB, 510x512px
>>381523830
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.