[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RPG Maker for 3DS is coming out this Tuesday. Anyone have any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: A1LBYFa.png (2MB, 1576x846px) Image search: [Google]
A1LBYFa.png
2MB, 1576x846px
RPG Maker for 3DS is coming out this Tuesday. Anyone have any ideas for an RPG they want to make? It's a shame how limited the customization is but I think this could work as a great tool to see a proof of concept before moving one to a more robust engine, like Game Maker Studio.

Pros
>Easy to use
>Any 3DS user can download games for free without owning the base software
>Surprisingly deep tools; great for storytelling
>Can collaborate with others online
>RPG creation on a handheld will be comfy as fuck

Cons
>Very limited customization beyond text; artwork and music are all pre-set assets
>Some DLC for additional assets will be free while others will cost money
>Collaborations aren't simultaneous
>Can't upload to PC

The free player is available and there are a few games up, probably from reviewers. Only one of them, Academonic, can actually be considered a game and it's pretty terrible but there's definitely a lot of potential here. What do you guys think?
>>
If/when I get it, I'll probably make some silly/self aware nonsense. It could help me with ideas and what not.
Also thanks for reminding me about the player.
>>
>>381507961
The cia is already out and I'm having a blast. It feels like I'm a 12 years old with rpgmaker XP again.
>>
File: 6689.jpg (64KB, 390x291px) Image search: [Google]
6689.jpg
64KB, 390x291px
It might be a good idea to remake some smaller, indie RPGs, like this good ol' classic. It'll help you get a handle on the different features of the software without having to worry about shit like map design and writing.
>>
>>381509105
The cia?
Also, the game comes out tomorrow in euroland so expect the player to start getting flooded with shit soon.
>>
>>381507961
Being able to play created games for free is pretty cool I hope there are at least a couple decent ones
>>
Hilariously, some of the games uploaded via users who got the game early seem to be using DLC, even though nothing of the sort should have been officially released yet.

>>381509535
I've played two games so far; Academonic and Universal Voyage, although the later is obviously not complete. Academonic is a shitty game but it's surprising how much content seems to be there since the game technically isn't even out yet. I guess that speaks for how easy the software is to use.
>>
>>381509407
Someone bought the game and extracted its data in a form of a cia file. If you have a hacked 3DS, you can download that cia file and install the game for free.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.