[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing Pokémon GO?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: pokemon-go-5.jpg (58KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-go-5.jpg
58KB, 750x422px
Why aren't you playing Pokémon GO?
>>
Too busy playing Garfield GO.
>>
I've ascended to Seinfeld Go
>>
I was playing through Black and White when it came out while I was catching up for Sun/Moon to be released, so I'm behind on Pokemon GO.
>>
Game is shit. Like Fire Emblem Heroes. Funnily enough Mario Run is the best of the 3.
>>
Cuz is ded
>>
Pokemon GO [spoilers]to the polls[/spoilers]
>>
>>381508238
"no"
>>
File: darn it.png (43KB, 248x278px) Image search: [Google]
darn it.png
43KB, 248x278px
Because it died when Niantic fucked the game up and everyone lost interest. The game had a limited lifetime to begin with, since pokemon had a limit to how powerful they could become, and gyms could become too much of a burden to clear.

Aside from that, the fun was having thousands of people around you also playing. You'd meet a group of people under a shady tree at a pokestop and hang out with them, since you all had a common interest. It was fun talking about the hotspot in your city with these strangers, and it somehow united people in a way no other game really could, since it actually got people outside, talking face-to-face.
>>
waiting for Fate/GO
>>
>> paying for items
>> letting google have extra access to map out your enviroment
all you cunts playing pokemon go have no idea whats going on with your little smartphones.
>>
because i played it when everyone else did for the first week/end that it was popular, then dropped it once the fad was over, because i'm not an autistic virgin and actually get pussy.
>>
IM BLAYING BOKGEMON GOH
>>
>>381507071
>Tfw I don't live downtown
>They got rid of maps
>Still no basic features like trading or battling with fiends that were shown in the fucking first trailer
>Killed momentum with each update
Was pretty fun hanging out with random people. Really felt like I was back in elementary school
>>
>>381509068
The faster we can get the master AI to lord over us the better.
>>
>It got boring fast
>Everyone is now like 1000000000000 levels higher than me
Might play it on my acid trip when I go walking in the hills next wednesday though, thanks for reminding me
>>
>>381507071
Because you couldn't catch, train and battle pokemon like in the mainline games.
>>
File: 1411861951003.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1411861951003.png
129KB, 724x611px
because i noticed that my dream of finding myself a cute girlfriend while i walk around catching pokemon wont happen
>>
>>381507071

Because no one on /v/ ever goes outside of their room.

Level 36 here enjoying those sick new raid battles.
>>
>>381507071
Because mobile games are bait and my shit smartphone from 5 years ago isn't supported LMAO.
>>
>>381510414
I have an old phone too

All my friends ''oh god get an new phone''

Fuck nigger it does the job, do you want to gib me $300 to get a new one?
>>
>must be Lv. 35 for the Tier 5 raids

FUCK
YOU
>>
>>381507071
They don't let you if your phone is rooted.
It was fun while there were heaps of people playing though.
>>
>No PvP
>No trading
>No breeding

The game failed due to a lack of early content updates and the simplicity to cheat.

If they would have hurried and released a few legendary Pokemon a month or two after they could have done much better.

I personally could've made a better Pokemon geocatching game. Niantic dropped the ball hard. I'm surprised The Pokemon Company and Nintendo let them fuck it up so badly.
>>
>>381511790
>I personally could've made a better Pokemon geocatching game.
Do it then faggot
>>
>>381508238
I fucking wish. There's like 15 dedicated assholes near me who claim the only gym for miles around and make sure they have it every day. The new system hopefully helps with this since you can only have 6 pokemon in a gym at one time and no duplicates.
>>
>>381511874
If Nintendo and company weren't so notorious for their ability to fuck you with C & D's... I would. There's no point in wasting time to have it shelved.
>>
>Don't do any significant gameplay updates for a year
>Finally rework gyms
>Make it so only people level 35+ can do it
>Most of your playerbase isn't over 35
>Any good will you got with the update is gone

Is there any other company more JUST than Niantic?
>>
>>381508867
>the fun was having thousands of people around you also playing
This, this, this.
Man, a local bar crawl worthy road had just that, a Pokemon GO pub crawl back when the game was new and it had a huge following.
Bars bought a ton of lures and you would choose just about any bar on the strip and go hang while hoping to find a rare and maybe meet new people.
Unfortunately, I had business to attend to so I could go, but I was like "that's something they'll do again for sure, maybe next month."
lolnope, one time only!

All that easy hipster, nerd, poser pussy. Gone.
>>
>>381512349
Fuck off normie
>>
>>381512590
Do you honestly think I'm a normie if I thought one of my prime opportunities for getting laid was via common ground about a Pokemon game?
>>
>>381512721
The fact you're even trying to get laid makes you a normie
>>
>>381512349
>o-oh you're playing P-Pokemon Go? Me too! Wanna have sex?
Like you had a chance to begin with.
>>
File: f4c.gif (345KB, 540x544px) Image search: [Google]
f4c.gif
345KB, 540x544px
I did, but there was hardly any actual gameplay or strategy. You just walked around to hatch eggs, threw balls at mons and spammed attacks at gyms. Not much depth.
>>
>>381507071
I didn't even play this because I'm a loser, even when it was at the height of the trend but I'm very sad it passed by so quickly.

People seemed like they were having fun and enjoying each others company again, some areas were safe at night again for the first time in decades because pokeautists were out there in crowds so big that crime was near impossible.
>>
>>381512834
>This
>>
>>381508867
>tfw your city's parks department actively gets Pokestops lifted from public parks
Milwaukee is hell for this game.
>>
What I really fucking disliked about Pokemon GO is the handling of your "team". Everything was destined to be replaced, you had no attachment to your bro pokes. Felt completely unlike the mainline games, where you assemble a team and pretty rarely replace any of them.

That max evolutions of Pokemon all had vastly different maximum CP values was a pain. I just wanted my boy Ninetales to stand up to gyms, but he was destined to be curbstomped by Snorlaxes with over 1000 more CP than him, with no way of catching up to them.
>>
>>381507071
Because I'm a hikikomori and the only pokemon I can catch are ratattas and pidgeys in my house.
>>
>>381507071
I've been trying to sign in for a week, missed the whole solstice event because I kept getting "Unable to Authenticate"
I'm rooted using Magisk and it was working fine a couple weeks ago
>>
>>381509472
This, it has no depth to it, it's so fucking barebones
>>
>>381507071
New update broke the step calculating while the screen is off, it still works but not as good anymore. Seriously, how does anyone have there phone screen on for 5/10km for an egg?
>>
File: 01.png (439KB, 644x596px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
439KB, 644x596px
>>381507071
The devs are far up its own ass
>>
>>381513774
Honestly, this is one of the biggest reasons I dropped it. The fact that you had to let an already battery-sucking app suck even more battery just to sit idle and count steps was ridiculous. And then they had the nerve to try to sell a $35 watch attachment that only had one production run (seemingly) which didn't even let you do the one thing it was supposed to do, which was TURN OFF YOUR PHONE SCREEN TO COUNT STEPS.
>>
>>381514117
You have to stop to catch the pokemon, don't you?
>>
>>381514117
Well, maybe because they don't want to be liable in court for people in car accidents

Or maybe because they want to stop the deaths from people dying because they're stupid enough to play the game while driving (Even my roommate did this)

Grow up
>>
>>381507071
Too busy making quality YouTube content about Pokemon GO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RcsKk9Vr54
>>
I still own a flip phone.
>>
I can't even play it because it says my phone is rooted and I have no idea what that even means
>>
the developers are garbage
>>
>>381516357
>>381513364
>>381511396

THIS was the second big reason people stopped playing.

The company don't give a fuck at this point with that game
>>
>>381507071
I'm older than 14
>>
>>381507071

Because i live in a rural area and fucking cheaters everywhere. I remember running for 5km just to hatch eggs and then find out my neighbors spoofing at the comforts at their own home.
>>
Walking around and collecting things is not a game. There's nothing to do once you collect the pokemon.
>>
>>381507071
Because I dropped it as soon as I was certain it was just Ingress with a pokemon skin
>>
File: misha.png (452KB, 566x551px) Image search: [Google]
misha.png
452KB, 566x551px
but anon, I do
I PLAY POKEMON GO EVER-Y-DAY
I PLAY POKEMON GO

but really though no I don't because my shithole town has fuck all for gyms or stops
>>
>went to downtown saturday night
>lots of people focused on their cellphone around a fountain
>suddenly someone shouts that a Lapras appeared
>literally 50 people or more running at the streets for 4 blocks
>people who werent playing thought it was an mass robbery or some shit like that

Man, it was fun
>>
>>381513082

>carrying your expensive phone out in public in Nigwaukee

Are you trying to get robbed at gunpoint?
>>
>>381512834
You've never been laid, I take it? It's far easier than people think. Pokemon ups your chances, btw
>>
>>381514117
This, the one update where they made it harder to catch pokemon and I was stuck at home for a week and when I tried playing again I was hopelessly behind in terms of power.
Now that I've been away for like a year or so? I don't see the point. I'd be just like when I tried playing Ingress and being completely ineffective against the max level turboautists
>>
>>381517626
>saturday night
This was recent? People still play Go like crazy?
>>
>>381508453
Woulda been funny if you didnt fuck up the [pokemon] go to the
>>
>>381507071
I am when I take the bus
>>
File: 1476171637892.jpg (25KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
1476171637892.jpg
25KB, 550x365px
I reached lvl 39 on November and had nothing to do after. I also went to the Lapras event and had like 100+ total but they nerfed it by the time gen II came out and I wanted to play again.

Nowadays I just open it randomly to see if there's new stuff to catch but I don't go out and meet people or plan trips anymore. I also moved to Mexico from California and I don't know what the good spots are anymore. Bet it's not as safe to walk around with your phone either.
>>
They never killed spoofers so people lost interest. It killed the social interaction when some neetcuck could just catch and hoard gyms from his mother's basement when the game is all about exploration or mindless social grinding.
>>
>>381517882
>Nintendokiddies actually believe this
>>
>>381507071
>pokemon go
ah yes
move to a major metropolitan area: the game
>>
GYMS ARE FUCKING DEAD

NEED TO FEED YOUR GYM?

COURSE NOT, BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIVE ON ONE FAGGOT

EVERYTHING GYM IS PISS YELLOW NOW

FUCK
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.