[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did the game go to shit and why was it Beta 1.8?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: memecraft.jpg (218KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
memecraft.jpg
218KB, 1920x1200px
When did the game go to shit and why was it Beta 1.8?
>>
>>381506427
Anything past 1.6.
That was when the 9 year olds officially took over the majority of the community.
>>
>>381506571
God I miss alpha.
>>
>>381506708
this
>>
File: nightmare goggles minecraft.png (53KB, 1128x418px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare goggles minecraft.png
53KB, 1128x418px
>>381506427
The conversion to being a completely shit game started with Beta 1.8 and ended with release 1.1. Every update after that was just pointless shit to keep the Mojang programmers employed.
>>
>decide to check how it is now
>alchemy
>enchanting
>exp points
What the fuck happened with just building cool shit?
>>
>>381507491
You can pretty much ignore all of that and just build shit.
It is there for pvp faggots and for "finishing" the game.
>>
>>381507491
>>381507792
I just ignore the new shit when I play the game, but people on server look at me funny when I live in a cobble castle and use iron tools.
>>
File: 1488420676592.png (249KB, 317x467px) Image search: [Google]
1488420676592.png
249KB, 317x467px
>>381508036
Because you can smelt cobble into fancy stone bricks and you can mine diamonds anon.
Step up your game.
>>
I don't even know how to play this game anymore. I played it 5 years ago on PC. When did they add all these animals and fucking potions and spells and shit?
>>
>>381507292
>>381507491
>>381507792
>>381508036
>>381508643
The content creep is real
>>
>>381508643
Get wood from trees by punching
Make bench, sticks and wooden pickaxe
Mine stone and coal
Make torches, then stone tools
Make wheat farm
Mine for iron in caves
Build a fancy house if you want, upgrade food source to cows if you can, or pigs (need carrots to breed) or sheep
Smelt iron and make iron tools, bucket and armor
Then you mine diamonds at levels 15 to bedrock
Then you can go to the nether if you want to "finish" the game, find a fortress, get blaze powders and ender eyes then use those to find a stronghold and beat the dragon.
>>
>>381509312
You lost me at make wheat farm. Does the game even have tutorials on how to work all this new crap? Or are you suppose to just guess the mechanics of it all?
>>
>>381510808
XOX
XOX
XOX
XOX
XOX

X is dirt
O is water
put seeds in dirt
>>
>>381510808
Just read the wiki like everyone else.
Also you can make cakes if you want for the ebin lie meme.
>>
I'd probably say 1.7.3. Beta was the last good version, not to claim it was the best, just that it was the last tolerable one.

Modern Minecraft looks so bright and weird. Before it was moody and janky. The skeletons looked stupid and the mobs acted unnatural, but it just added to the experience. Everything was so down-to-earth, now there is way too much going on.
>>
>>381506427
Me and my buds are actually doing a playthrough right now, but its boring as hell right now because we have to finish this huge ass spiral staircase down a mountain. Are run is at a standstill, and there isn't much other fun to be had except for maybe colonizing the nether. we are on 1.7.10 btw.
>>
>>381511124
The most efficient farm is actually 4 blocks of dirt x 4 blocks of dirt making a sqaure of 9x9 with a water source in the middle.
If you make one of these you will have enough wheat for the rest of time no matter what, specially if you use sheep or cows to turn it into meat.
>>
>>381511594
Which mods are you using?
>>
>>381506427
Terrain gen got fucked after 1.7.3, that's why.

1.7.10 tried to solve things in that regard by adding some new biomes and modifying the world gen but didn't improve much.

Also hunger system and sprint. Completely useless add ons that no one asked for. Alchemy system I am fine with though, and makes sprint seem redundant. Just craft a speed boost, no need for a sprint.
>>
>game gets more features added, greater depth with creating automated structures/farms, more building materials, more NPC types, more dimensions to explore, ways to enhance equipment at endgame
>game still allows for full creativity in building without worrying about a hunger system
>game can still be modded at the player's choosing
>people still bitch and complain that the game is bad
Never change, /v/.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.