[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about my idea for a video game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: treatment.png (73KB, 690x840px) Image search: [Google]
treatment.png
73KB, 690x840px
What do you guys think about my idea for a video game?
>>
Sounds like the next hit game.
>>
File: When Green Boxes go Red III.jpg (100KB, 1279x715px) Image search: [Google]
When Green Boxes go Red III.jpg
100KB, 1279x715px
>>381503085

Thanks. I'm trying to make it really friendly to potential investors. I already know my characters are good because I write short stories, it's just a matter of having a positive social message.

The real challenge is going to be having a cohesive narrative. All the stuff I've done in the past has been entirely procedural, like the objects were all generated at random, so making levels and stuff is going to be tough. But I'm hoping the LGBT / feminist themes will really sell some people on the idea, so I don't have to do all the assets myself and I can focus more on writing a good narrative.

Especially because it's not something a lot of people are talking about. As someone who self-identifies as a LGBTQIA individual, I was personally repulsed by the mouse support in DX:HR, BioShock Infinite, and countless other titles. The input lag was so offensive I couldn't even figure out what they were trying to say. That's something that's important to a lot of minority gamers and I think it's definitely an issue that needs more awareness.
>>
>>381504748

it's not just an .ini tweak either, if you've played quake or MGS V (which wasn't great but at least the mouse input made it playable) then you know this is a problem with the game industry as a whole. just because you personally don't notice if a game has input lag, it doesn't mean that it's okay. as an industry we've been steadily regressing since HL2, and they have to understand that SSAO and triple buffering is not a substitute for good mouselook. remember in HL2 how you could use the mouse to look around even while entering the airboat? That's not an accident.

sage
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.