[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you still disappointed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

Are you still disappointed?
>>
Yes, in more ways than one. People always say that those who are disappointed had impossible expectations, but it's not even that, or the lack of closure on the story. The game is just pretty mediocre all around. It controls well, but there are no fun locations to actually go to. Just copy-pasted outposts everywhere.
>>
File: 4667.jpg (35KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
4667.jpg
35KB, 500x269px
Yeah. As a story its awful. As a game its repetitive and empty.

At this point I consider MGS to be a trilogy. Just those first 3 games along with the MSX entries.
>>
I always will be.
>>
>>381501734
this
>>
>>381501306
I'm over it at this point.
The story was a mess, the "acting" was terrible. At least Hayter was a good kind of bad, he was the kind of cheese that an espionage homage needed. And BB in 3 wa good too. Jack Bower literally just looked around slowly and opened his mouth like he was going to say stuff but never did, it drove me crazy.
And did I mention the story was a mess?
I rage-uninstalled after THE TRUTH which should have been named THE ASSPULL
>>
File: 1496324380406.jpg (128KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496324380406.jpg
128KB, 714x1000px
>>381501306
My first metal gear game, also my last.
>>
>>381501306
Yeah, a wee bit, but what can you do? At least the game was fun, and got me to put 160 or 170 hours into it, even though sixty of those hours was me just suffering tremendously.
>>
>>381503061
dude... Play 2 if you like stealth games, 3 if you like innajungle campy action, and MGR if you like having fun
>>
File: 865875.gif (3MB, 326x228px) Image search: [Google]
865875.gif
3MB, 326x228px
>>381501734
I actually didn't hate 4 that much and I have a soft spot for PW, but I absolutely agree that the series should have ended at Snake Eater. 2 would have wrapped up Solid Snake's story, and then 3 would have been just a cool thing to see more of BB's backstory and why he did what he did later in MG1 and 2. We didn't really need all the BB prequels we got.
>>
I never even finished it. I'm not mad about it anymore, I just wish that MGS didn't end with that. I thought about replaying it recently but the emptiness of the whole game outside the first 90 minutes came flooding back and I realized I will never finish it.

>>381502882
>Jack Bower literally just looked around slowly and opened his mouth like he was going to say stuff but never did
He was unironically a good choice for a more serious Snake and I wish they actually used him instead of splitting everything he done into mocap and cassettes.
>>
>>381503367
I hate stealth games, I got phantom half because I could do whatever I wanted
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
>>
File: reb.jpg (195KB, 938x720px) Image search: [Google]
reb.jpg
195KB, 938x720px
>>381503635

Ending at 2 chronologically is weird. And yet MGS4 managed to be exponentially more weird.

So I prefer ending at 2.
>>
MGSV is the only Metal gear game I have played and I thought it was 9/10 even with all the cut content
fight me
>>
>>381503670
MGS ended with 4, the tactical operations games are basically canon spin-offs
>>
>mod adds new side ops into Infinite Heaven

fucking finally, hopefully this means more people can breath new life into this thing
>>
>>381504739
Yeah, I thought about that too. I think that if 2 ended the way it did without that conversation with Snake and Otacon at the end with the cliffhanger of "WHAAAT THE WISEMEN'S COMMITEE'S BEEN DEAD FOR A HUNDRED YEARS?!??!" it would have been a better ending point.
>>
>>381501306
story was k, gameplay was awesome

no, I'm not
>>
Yes, I feel completely ripped off. I only recently got it and beat it. I didn't hype myself or have high expectations. I payed less than have price and still I was let down. Story was a stitched together mess filled with repetitive side ops. Feels like half the game is missing,
>>
>>381503729
Fuck off, shitter.
>>
>>381505512
Best mods?
Visual and gameplay if you can
I know most of the visual ones dont work anymore though
>>
File: 7656775502.jpg (362KB, 700x1021px) Image search: [Google]
7656775502.jpg
362KB, 700x1021px
Reminder that Mantis has a small willy in canon
>>
Yes.

t. saga fanboy

The entire game made me feel ripped off.

I have preordered 3 games in my life.

First, sleeping dogs. It dissapointed me.

Then, ArmA 3, thought it would not dissapoint me. It dissapointed me.

Then MGS V. I REALLY thought that kojima could do no wrong. And i gave him my money blindly.

If even my favorite saga in the world could dissapoint me i would not preorder ever again
>>
>>381507720
infinite heaven is essential.
visuals are a matter of taste, and there aren't too many of them
other than that, the YAWM mod is cool, female asthma removal is great, then there's morbid's SideOps expantion that I haven't played through full but seems pretty cool so far
>>
I consider Worlds to be the true MGSV

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304850/Worlds/
>>
>>381504739
People overstate its weirdness. MGS2 is a pretty complete story. It's a fairly typical "...and the adventure continues!" kind of ending. I think Kojima wrote that bit about the committee members being dead as a way of cementing the openness of it without much room for elaboration, but that's what made people all the more thirsty for a resolution regarding the Patriots. Still, it's a complete story.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.