[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on BDO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: black desert.png (365KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
black desert.png
365KB, 500x500px
redpill me on BDO
>>
>>381498736
its shit
>>
>>381498736
As far as MMO's go, it's good. It's a shame that MMO's are generally shit though.
>>
waifus and grindan
>>
k*rean P2W grindfest
>>
>>381498736
Flashy, entertaining combat. Waifu simulator. People think it's P2W but it's not.
>>
>>381498736

Make cute girls, join a guild, RP as a attention whore.
>>
I take pictures of my character and fap to them, I also like to explore the world map because I love the scenery. Everything else (which makes it an mmo) is shit.
>>
hm
>>
File: oc.jpg (84KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
oc.jpg
84KB, 1024x576px
>>381498736

Really good supplementary MMO. Seriously. I'm playing it on the side in addition to WoW and I fucking love it.

No real compulsion to log on every day, and I just play at my speed, while I game competitively in WoW.
>>
>>381498736
mmo for commies

they control the AH prices
>>
File: 445654415.gif (2MB, 480x249px) Image search: [Google]
445654415.gif
2MB, 480x249px
>>381498736
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>381499487
>P2W
The only gameplay-affecting item is the ghillie suit, and it's only relevant, and only slightly beneficial, in pvp
>>
>>381498736
>Rootkit Online
Not even once
>>
>Literally no endgame

Why bother?
>>
>>381498736
It's like Musou combat put on top of a fairly simple economic system of trade and production.
If you like carrying shit back and forth between towns for a profit, hiring dozens of NPC workers to make money for you, getting the best gear through trade and crafting, and a PvP system based on guild ownership of specific towns, it could be for you.

If you like dashing around and killing a dozen goblins with a single swing while sometimes a big guy shows up to smash your ass in three hits unless you physically dodge/block/counter his shit and hit him when there's an opening, that's there for you too.
And if you like PvP doing the previous sentence where you have players *teleporting behind you* and doing big fuck you attacks with launchers and knockdowns that you'd expect to see in fighting games, that's also there.
>>
Pros:
>Hands down the best combat in the entire genre
>Easily the most beautiful MMO out there
>Heavy emphasis on realism and immersion
>Is alive and well, especially after the Steam release

Cons
>No real end game beyond pvp and pvp is shit
>Communist auction house and you arent allowed to trade with other players.
>Workers craft everything so if you're a professionfag, you won't like BDO.
>Huge beautiful world but it gives you no reason to explore.
>>
>>381502681
but you'll STILL be grinding mobs at the 'end' of the game since leveling is limitless!
>>
File: youremom.jpg (65KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
youremom.jpg
65KB, 450x450px
>>381498736
There is no world where any person would seriously recommend this piece of shit unless they had brain damage. The whole game is a fucking facade. The graphics don't even look good in game because the lighting is all fucked and ugly and you have the most unreasonably obtrusive UI ever. This game also features the worst pop-in I've ever seen in a game and the worst part is that it is not tied to graphic settings but rather to YOUR SIGHT STAT, so if you want to avoid terrible terrible pop-in you have to stack up on +sight shit. If you have the player lanterns option turned on your game will look like a nuclear bomb just went off. Then the gameplay, you have all these abilities and what at first appears to be action combat, but again, it doesnt matter, because all the NPCs youll fight are completely braindead and you'll never have to dodge unless you're up against a world boss that just 1 shots people at random. PvP wise action combat still doesnt matter because it's so gear and level based that player skill has no chance of getting close to overcoming numerical advantage. On that note, because the game has infinite levels and such a powergap between gear and levels, if you are not grinding 100% of your time, you are wasting your time and will never have a chance to even hurt someone in pvp. Not like PvP happens though, because if you kill like 5 people the retarded karma system kicks in and will fuck over your character for a month if not forever(If you're in negative karma you are always pvp flagged to everyone, they can kill you without taking a karma hit, and when you die you have a chance for your crystals to break and your enchantments to go down[which is fucking insane considering the cost]. In addition the only way out of red karma is to grind[obv] and grind and grind).
>>
File: 1368753145547.jpg (354KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
1368753145547.jpg
354KB, 1306x980px
>>381503310
So then your only option is GvG, and just like every other shitty mmo it's just a safe zone camping game where one side sits in town until their numbers build up enough to go out of town, rinse repeat. Crafting is shit because NO PLAYER TRADING. oh wait they patched it so you can trade potions and thats it. So rather than crafting being a profession for your character to provide a basis to trade with, crafting is a 100% solo experience and you gotta build all your shit yourself. There's nothing to find in the world except grinding spots. Your daily gameplay at end game will be using your daily scrolls to fight boring ass daily bosses that are just a larger model of a base enemy that now can 1 to 2 shot you. The node system for trading is about the most in-depth system in the game, but all it amounts to is visiting points in between towns just so you can get an actual price on your shit. Not even the games most hyped feature, WAIFU CREATION, is good because the sliders are so fucking limited that you're either making a waifu that looks exactly the same as the default asian but with different colors or you're making a horrendous abomination. Male character creation is absolutely sorry in that there is hardly any changes you can make to the body. You can make females much larger than you can make any wizard or warrior. Classes remind me of balance, which doesn't exist. For years and likely to this day the only classes that matter are Ranger and Wizard/Witch, and mostly ranger. Everyone is a ranger because ranger is the most OP shit in the game and the devs dont give a fuck about balance because they know anyone playing this garbage is a retard. Player housing is a decent implementation that would make sense in an actual sandbox, but not in this grinding simulator. It's just cosmetic depthless trash through and through and has no impact on anything other than a slight barrier of entry to crafting.

dont buy this crap dont even look at it
>>
>>381503310
>>381503418
Thanks for the negative review anon I decided not to download based on this. And thanks for not using reddit spacing
>>
>>381502929
>especially after Steam release
What difference does it make, it's a PC game and was available to anyone with a PC from the start. Are steamcucks incapable of buying/installing a game outside Steam?
>>
>>381503310
>>381503418
convinced me as well, ive been on the edge for a while cause the combat looked fun but this is the first post ive seen that actually makes any kind of real argument for why its bad
>>
>>381504052
You would not believe how big of a bump a platform like steam can give people. And yes, Steam users are basically console kiddies in terms on intelligence. Just look at any one of the summer sales threads going on right now with Steam Users clamoring for games they could easily get for free.
>>
>>381503310
>he worst part is that it is not tied to graphic settings but rather to YOUR SIGHT STAT

holy shit you cant be serious
>>
>>381504427
>>381504052
About half the shit in his posts is flat out wrong and was fixed ages ago. But there is some nuggets of truth to what he is saying. It's not a great mainline MMO to be playing
>>
Why can't they just make a good MMO in 2017? I miss MMOs from the early 2000s. Vanilla WoW, Guild wars 1, and Runescape were dope as shit.
>>
The only good premium MMO is Guild Wars 2
>>
>>381504427
There is a vision range stat but it controls the distance at which you can see red dots on your minimap. He's talking out of his ass.

Game still has a lot of bullshit though.
>>
>>381504625
Because WoW has cemented the formula for what an MMO is supposed to be so everyone just copies that and keeps making a shit game.

Theres a title called Albion Online coming up inspired by SWG, EVE, Ultima and those kind of games. But it has absolute assey graphics
>>
File: GW 2 frog.png (595KB, 2543x2338px) Image search: [Google]
GW 2 frog.png
595KB, 2543x2338px
>>381504641
AHAHAHAHAH no.
>>
>>381504641
Guild wars 2 is really, really bad. Especially if you played GW1, then it's "I waited 10 years for this" suicide tier bad
>>
I wanna play this game, but am broke cause of sale.

I didn't even know it was on steam.
>>
>download free trial
>game is 50(fifty) gigabytes

I'm looking forward to playing this game in a week
>>
should i buy this now or will this go f2p or get cheaper in the feature. I'm fucking poor. Not in a hurry either since the Secret World is going free to play in a few days and I can just play that.
>>
>>381504427
That's literally how it works.

>>381504674
>>381504513
are either retards are shills. (probably shills because this exact thread is made every fucking day)
>>
File: 1494299227115.jpg (28KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
1494299227115.jpg
28KB, 600x335px
>>381505751
>>
>>381505895
If you're not a shill, you're trying really hard to deny a feature that's actually in the game for some reason
>>
>>381498780
>>
>>381503310
None of this is true. You can even completely customize the UI. There's a setting which remove all pop-in. There's plenty of zone with free pvp. The peoples who actually have an edge in gear are like 5% of the playerbase.

Kill yourself. So do you who believe this pasta.
>>
>>381505751
>(probably shills because this exact thread is made every fucking day)

I made this thread because it's on sale on steam and I saw a popular streamer on twitch playing it

not everybody is shills
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.