[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroid Prime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg (26KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg
26KB, 250x348px
I've only played Super, Fusion and Zero Mission. Is it worthtracking down the GC version or the trilogy version is better? How's the emulation?
>>
File: sammy.jpg (442KB, 1100x724px) Image search: [Google]
sammy.jpg
442KB, 1100x724px
>>381488464
I was in the same boat as you and I've tried both versions. The Trilogy's controls are so much better. I haven't tried emulating.
>>
>>381488464
It emulates, and there's even a hack for the trilogy version and 3 to make it mouse-aiming compatible. I prefer the trilogy version myself, but there are admittedly some changes to 1 and 2, mostly some text changes and oddly some of the visual effects for the beams. Honestly, they're great games no matter how you play them. I'm pretty sure finding physical copies of the games or the trilogy on Wii is nearly impossible these days, though I believe the trilogy is on the WiiU e-shop.
>>
The worst thing about the GC prime games was the controls.

The wiimote nunchuck controls are super good.
>>
>>381488781
yeah just saw the prices for the trilogy, fuck that. Think I'm gonna have to emulate
>>
if you go for trilogy, make sure to play on veteran. "normal" is a casualized easy mode, veteran is the difficulty of the originals
>>
>>381488464
Emulation can be fairly choppy at times, but it's perfectly playable.

The best option to play it natively is to buy a used wii and homebrew it, there's apps that can play GC or Wii .iso files natively from the machine. Used wiis are only about 50 bucks so you'd probably be paying the same amount, or even less for the same experience, and the option to play any other GC or Wii games for free
>>
>>381489013
It's on the WiiU eShop for a pretty reasonable price (which varies by region, so I can't tell you what it is with any accuracy), so if you have a WiiU just buy it that way. If you don't, emulation is totally possible: I recommend emulating the trilogy and using that mouse-aim hack.
>>381489021
Also what this anon said, the Trilogy made the difficulties all weird, so play on veteran.
>>
>>381488787
I never found the Gamecube controls to be all that objectionable. Since the game was built around them, it works. That said, the Wii's free-aim system is a thousand times better.
>>
Finished my Super Metroid run, I'm replaying Metroid Prime 1 for the first time in probably 10 years, maybe more. I'm playing the GC version, never bothered to buy the Wii trilogy.

I just got the Ice beam (i'm probably half way through the game) and I'm having a blast, like seriously. When I started the game, it felt a bit clunky. Every anons like to say that it's a 10/10, but the first 30 min felt a bit underwhelming. It felt a bit old and dated... and then that great Metroid feeling kicks in, exploring the areas, unlocking new abilities, the backtrack to open new doors, fun combat against space pirate... It doesn't feel clunky anymore ! It really is a 10/10 game.

Samus is a bit tanky because it sometime lacks a second stick for a better camera control but it's acceptable. People tend to recommend the Wii version but I think that you may miss part of the experience. I've never played it so I may be in the wrong. I've heard that it makes the game way too easy...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.