[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People love to shit on this company because muh edgelording.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: ninchars.png (2MB, 1574x679px) Image search: [Google]
ninchars.png
2MB, 1574x679px
People love to shit on this company because muh edgelording. Honestly though, isn't this the only gaming company that truly puts the game before anything else?

Also Miyamoto-san is the Walt Disney of the video gaming industry.
>>
>>381476501
>isn't this the only gaming company that truly puts the game before anything else?
Of course not. The only console making company maybe.
>>
>>381476501
The last thing they did that was any good was the N64.

The Wii was a fuck gimmick for about 2 days so that doesn't count.
>>
>>381476501
>isn't this the only gaming company that truly puts the game before anything else?

Could have fooled me with those massive profits from jumping onto open world games, mobile, and online multiplayer

It seems like they're targeting the same markets as everyone else nowadays.
>>
File: 1497220320471.jpg (26KB, 554x595px) Image search: [Google]
1497220320471.jpg
26KB, 554x595px
>>381476501
>Calling him Miyamoto-san
>>
>>381476501
>Dialga
>no Palkia
Gay fucking image.
Theropods>Sauropods
>>
>puts the game before anything

No. Star Fox Zero, the insults to Paper Mario lately.

You are provably wrong about that shit dude. They have no clue what they are doing now.
>>
>>381476501
>all that furbait
truly unfortunate
>>
if they put the game before anything else wouldn't they make sure it was released on a system that could actually run it and didn't drop down to 20fps
>>
>>381477684
What about the Gamecube?
>>
>>381478096
That was Sega
>>
>>381476501
>the only gaming company that truly puts the game before anything else
That's a marketing angle if anything. The only thing that matters is profit, like any other company.
>>
>>381478462
Obviously they are there to make money. My point is everyone copies everyone else now and risks are rarely ever taken except for Nintendo.

Pic related.
>>
>>381478429
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you implying that the only good games on the system were Sega's?
>>
>>381478819
Nintendo doesn't risk anything either, they have their fanbase and they cater to them. That's their business strategy, they can't realistically move into sony or microsoft turf and compete with them. How can you use that image while saying Nintendo takes more risks than anyone else, Nintendo is the emperor of rehashes with a gimmick on top.
>>
File: cosby.jpg (19KB, 400x269px) Image search: [Google]
cosby.jpg
19KB, 400x269px
>>381479645
This is the typical incorrect fallback argument. You're telling me Mario World, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy, and Mario 3D World are the same game?

Nintendo not only changed the fundamental gameplay mechanics of each release, but they successfuly managed to integrate the console features (3d Polygon, motion controls, tablet) seamlessly. It wasn't forced. They did such a good job with it in fact on 3D World, that an entire new franchise was created out of it with Captain Toad.

If you want rehashes keep playing call of dooty with better graphics next year!
>>
>>381479645
Also Nintendo doesn't have to compete with Microsoft or Sony. Sony and Microsoft would kill to have a franchise like Pokemon. Don't kid yourself and think otherwise.
>>
>>381481069
>Mario World, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy, and Mario 3D World
Such diversity. Surely no other company has come out with 5 games which play differently! I'm not shittting on Nintendo, I'm just saying that like any other company they don't give a fuck about the consumers. Nor do they give a shit about the games, they pump out whatever they think will make the most money. At this point they can't compete with the others (nor should they want to, they have their own turf and fanbase) on hardware field so they stick to their "innovation" of gimmicks.

>>381481457
True but don't drag pokemon into this if we're talking about taking risks. I'm hoping they do something fun with it on the Switch but they know it belongs in handhelds and won't probably.
>>
>>381478027
But paper mario's downfall WAS putting the gameplay before anything else in a fucking rpg of all things.
>>
File: shiggy.png (1MB, 1244x1095px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.png
1MB, 1244x1095px
>Miyamoto-san is the Walt Disney of the video gaming industry
No, he's the George Lucas.
>>
>>381482285
But they are taking risks again with The Switch. Nintendo is betting on the fact that people will enjoy local co op experiences over single person online experiences.

Also Nintendo figured out after the Gamecube that best hardware doesn't mean best sales. Its Microsoft and Sony who are kidding themselves if they think they can't stay competetive and cost effective with PC Hardware. The Xbox One X will have a mediocre reception when introduced later this year.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.