[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games only plebs hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

ITT: Games only plebs hate
>>
I don't hate it but I think it's on the weaker side of N64 rare. Alongside DK64 (though better than it)

I consider Conker to be the middle ground between god-tier N64 Rare and "meh N64 Rare. Conker was a game that was kinda half great, half disappointment to me
>>
inb4 an absolute contrarian posts Yooka Laylee
>>
>>381471782

Just to conclude: God-tier N64 Rare: PD, 007, DKR, BK and Blast Corps. Jet Force Gemini kinda belongs on that weird Conker mid tier IMO
>>
File: 1490028209941.png (394KB, 544x566px) Image search: [Google]
1490028209941.png
394KB, 544x566px
>>381471949
>Mfw someone tried telling me that Yooka-Laylee was better than Tooie
>>
I didn't had N64 as a kid, but played both Banjo games on Xbox 360, I beat first one in just two days, it was a great fun, but it took me like 5 months to slog through Banjo-Tooie, it was just so tedious and slow, a chore to play, the only reason I suffered through it is because I hate dropping games
>>
>>381472184
This. BT has tons of padding and a lot of the jiggies just aren't fun to get. They should be a reward for completing a platforming challenge, with the occasional minigame or boss or some other weird one off. BT has fucking fetch quests and way too many of the 'weird' jiggies.

BK is compact and precise. BT is just all over the place with everything.
>>
File: 1368743849288.jpg (28KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1368743849288.jpg
28KB, 429x399px
>>381471501
It has the same problem as spyro and similar games from the era
being colorful and be able to just walk around in a 3D environment was a big part of what the game had to offer.
When you go back you see that nothing is fundamentally broken but there's a lot of traversing a level, and just *that*, the game hardly engages you or surprises without your "consent", most things need to be interacted upon, most things are a event started by you.
Ultimately it feels like a good old toy, ingenious, intricate and well crafted, but the enjoyment you have with it is short lived without nostalgia.
>>
For some reason I liked Tooie more when I was younger but still liked Kazooie. Now I like Kazooie more. Had so much fun playing it a year ago but Tooie while fun I found a bit annoying.
>>
I like that it tried new things but they didn't work out very well in it's favor. Banjo Kazooie is superior.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.