[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rpg thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (68KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 460x215px
So I started playing this today and this shit is hard as hell.

You guys have any tips for this game? I'm level 2 with +5 strength and level 1 weapon training. Everything kills me in 2 hits. I want a melee build.

The map is confusing as hell too.
>>
Go to the nearest camp (the Old Camp) and do all the available quests that don't require fighting anyone. Complete all the quests required for joining a camp for all three camps before you pick the one you like the most.
>>
Learn how to combat works. If I remember correctly, in Gothic 1 the basic right-left combo works 90% of time
>>
>>381471825
This + don't expect to be able to fight everyone and everything in the beginning. There's no level scaling so there are places where you WILL get rekt for exploring.
>>
>>381472000
>in Gothic 1 the basic right-left combo works 90% of time
Yeah, works best when you have full weapon training from that I recall

>>381471380
You'll make it, the beginning is tough but growing strong is part of the fun

Like >>381471825 talk to the people in the old camp and have the two guys from the others camps that hang around there take you to their camp so you can check out what's going on there
>>
OP here. Thx for the info

I'll keep at it. I like the story so far.

Another question. Is there a way to move faster at all? You move pretty slow.
>>
>>381473176
Potions of speed
Your character can bunnyhop if you time jumps well
You can learn acrobatics at New Camp, also helps you to move faster, you can also avoid fall damage
>>
>>381473176
You can learn acrobatics, as far as I remember
>>
File: fluro6g[1].gif (7KB, 443x80px) Image search: [Google]
fluro6g[1].gif
7KB, 443x80px
>>381473176
In the New Camp you can have a dude teach you acrobatics, that turns your jump into this forward jump roll so you can use that instead of walking
>>
Recently beat NOTR melee only. Tried G1 but the control scheme is ridiculous. Also tired of the tedium of melee combat in PB games that boils down to having to pull every enemy into a 1v1. I just assume like every PB game you just gotta get overpowered armor and then trivialize everything. Combat in the beginning always sucks ass until you get armor and a weapon with good reach.
>>
>>381471380
Dont learn 1 handed level 2 better put those points in strength and learn 2 handed 2 asap
>>
>>381471380
You also can get a free armor in the NEW CAMP mine
>>
>>381473856
I think you need to max 1 handed to learn 2 handed
>>
>>381474041
No you dont
>>
>>381471380
Basically do as much quests as possible. Try to lure enemies one by one at first. Collect literally everything (there is no equipment limit or weight) and sell it to merchants or trade. Level up your weapon skill from the dude that leads fights in arena etc. You will get there.
>>
>>381471380
Shit gameplay, don't bother.
>>
>>381474041
>>381474631
only mercs don't need to master 1 handed
>>
>>381471380
You can get into the castle early by running past Torus with your weapon drawn. There are some nice amulets that increase protection.
It might be seen as an exploit, though.
>>
>>381473856
>>381474041
Whait I fucked up. If you are in the old camp or sect you have to master 1 handed but you dont have to if you join the new camp.
>>
>>381473745
how did you beat the dragons? I remember them being rather easy in vanilla but in notr they always fuck my shit up unless I cheese them with ice wave
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.