[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game forgotten? what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Rage_cover.jpg (93KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
Rage_cover.jpg
93KB, 300x370px
Why is this game forgotten?

what went wrong?
>>
>>381469536
Ending & No Secuel yet.
Game was awesome, fan-fucking-tastic animations in all enemies, good gunplay and soso car rides.
>>
>>381469787
never tried the dlc, is it worth it?

It's a shame the game is "the black sheep" of id software, preorder it back then, was not disappointed.
>>
>what went wrong
It was mediocre. The open-world gameplay was piffle, and the linear sections, while better, were still unspectacular. Guns were super generic and enemies had no variety. The combat flow in general was really basic fare, the nifty enemy animations are not enough to save the whole thing.
>>
>>381469536
Rage presented itself as a mix of Fallout, Borderlands, and Motorstorm but only resulted in a lesser sum of its parts.
>>
>>381469536
That fucking ending. Complete bullshit
>>
>>381472107

yep this

no RPG elements at all (so no fallout)

guns were lame (so no borderlands)

driving was linear and lame (so no motorstorm)

FUEL was better because it at least focused on one thing (racing) and committed to it. I mention it because I often get it confused with rage.
>>
>>381469536
because it's a completely boring and forgettable game
>>
>>381469787
Yeah animation and general combat was A-star, biggest problem with the game was the plot and how completely non-existent the 'characters' were.

>>381470175
The Scorcher DLC was pretty good, had some great looking environments and then the hot chick lounges around the apartment you get for the rest of the game.

Sewers 'bonus' sounded bad but it basically adds about 7 or so little dungeons scattered throughout the game which makes it feel a bit more worth it.
>>
I really liked it, but it felt like shit-ton of content was cut from the game.
>>
>>381469536
It had no ending. Absolutely nothing is resolved at all. Other than that its a fun fps that had neat atmosphere. Shame it never got an expansion or sequel though. More games need to be borderlands lite with better writing.
>>
>>381473824
Yeah I really got this vibe in the second area, it was empty as fuck and was about half of the size of the first one. the ending was definitely rushed to fuck.
>>
>>381469787
>Ending & No Secuel yet.

When there is a sequel:
>Muh sequel! Muh they just want our money!

When there is no sequel:
>Muh seque! Muh I can't play this game, there is no sequel!
>>
>>381475016
Wasn't this game zenijew's evil plan how to take over id?
>>
>>381470946
basically this, the game just had half assed design from top to bottom
>>
it was broken (and still is) on PC
>>
>>381472513
>fallout
>rpg elements

>borderlands
>good guns
>>
>>381469536
Game was mediocre.

Kind of game you pay $€10 for. Short, iffy story and a fucking cliffhanger ending.

Expected better from ID. Gues they are dead too.
>>
i remember the mp was shit
>>
Why is 95% of AAA trash forgotten?
Generic, formulaic and boring gameplay = nothing memorable to remember.
>>
>>381477304
Because that's what they need to be to sell these days
>>
File: Rage-Scorcher-DLC-Test-01.jpg (128KB, 970x474px) Image search: [Google]
Rage-Scorcher-DLC-Test-01.jpg
128KB, 970x474px
I love Rage, the gun play, soundscape and especially the art direction, and don't get me started on those women.

I forgot the name of the artist who did a lot of the character and mutant concept arts but they mostly remained unchanged in the final game. But his style really gets my rocks off.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.