[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that Manhunt was the best game from the UK, not tomb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: nqv0rsymrxpdl4vhfsur.jpg (53KB, 590x472px) Image search: [Google]
nqv0rsymrxpdl4vhfsur.jpg
53KB, 590x472px
Reminder that Manhunt was the best game from the UK, not tomb raider or gta

Manhunt
>>
>everyone buttblasted about content
>Play it, it's just a stealth game with criminals as enemies
>>
The ironic thing is the sequel was banned in the UK. While Manhunt was a good game, I loved the sequel. And I must correct you, Little Big Planet 2 is the best game to come out of the UK
>>
File: giphy.gif (979KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
979KB, 200x200px
>>
File: giphy-1.gif (986KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-1.gif
986KB, 200x200px
>>
>>381463602
It was only banned for a few months because apparently it was linked to a murder.

Original had fucking awesome ambience and combat.

The sequel was good but it felt like it was just trying to make money by being controversial.
>>
File: giphy-2.gif (991KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-2.gif
991KB, 200x200px
Won't buy a single R* game till Manhunt 3 is announced.
>>
File: MANHUNT 2.jpg (551KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
MANHUNT 2.jpg
551KB, 666x666px
>>381464171
I liked the psychological aspect a lot. The plot was pretty fuckin' good.
>>
>>381462848
The best game from the UK was WipEout.
>>
>>381464262
How likely do you think it is that they are currently working on it?
>>
>>381464863
I didn't really understand what everyone liked about wipeout
>>
File: 20170622_150923-690x690.jpg (134KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
20170622_150923-690x690.jpg
134KB, 690x690px
>>381464945
There's no chance they're working on it. We're never getting Manhunt 3.
>>
manhunt 1 was sweet, my favorites were probably the level where you're in that prison and have to go up the stairs and shotgun battle people using the cells and tables for cover. then the level where you get to the city and go in that building and go on a cop killing spree.
>>
>>381464945
in this day and age of SJWs? never.
>>
File: WipEout 2048 (2).webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WipEout 2048 (2).webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>381465158
At first? There was no game like it. It was a futuristic racing game that didn't go full retard. It was fast and difficult to learn, but once you did, it was great. The physics and music added a lot to the games too.
Not for everyone, but still a great series. It pretty much popularized playstation, made it a cool console not just for kids, and gave it the chance to succeed and become what it is today.
>>
>>381465359
I have seen screenshots where they are hinting towards it. Honestly, I don't think manhunt 3 is impossible.
>>
>>381464361
I didn't feel like there was much of a "pschological" aspect to it to be honest. The mind control experiment stuff was just kind of a silly plot device.

I will say one thing is that is was a pretty good sort of play on your expectations to have the partner character actually be a real guy who was just very good at sneaking around instead of a split personality like what would have been the obvious twist.
>>
>>381465790
>have the partner character actually be a real guy who was just very good at sneaking around

The fuck are you talking about? It was all in the protag's head. Sober up.

Or did I misunderstand the plot like a fucking retard?
>>
>>381465596
Well the SJWs are always angry at what rockstar make.

I think it helps that they are in the UK.
>>
>>381466271
true.
>>
>>381466192
It's been a long time and honestly didn't find this game to be that memorable, so maybe (I)/(you)/>>381465790 am misremembering.

Anyway, for the most part I remember the gameplay being worse in general than the first one.

Although some of the levels were actually pretty unique in that they started you with no weapons but had "environmental" kill spots that you could use to stealth kill a guy unarmed, and working your way to one of those and then to regular stealth kills was an interesting stealth challenge. I remember those levels being good.
>>
>>381465612
Hmm I think the one I played was just really bad, that does look pretty fun.
>>
>>381467059
Which one was it? Fusion? That one was arguably the worst in the series.
>>
>>381467201
I just looked up gameplay, yes it was that one.
>>
I know this is an unpopular opinion here but I kinda didn't like manhunt. I think it aged poorly. But that is just my opinion, I can see why people have a fondness for it, at the time it was unique.
>>
>>381467380
If you ever decide to give the series a shot in the future, try out HD for PS3 or 2048 (Omega Collection version on PS4), those are the best ones. Then there's the older ones like Pulse and Pure, WipEout 3, WipEout 2097 and the first WipEout, all of which you can emulate.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.