[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Piece of shit Thaxll'ssillyia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

I'm loosing my fucking mind over trying to kill this piece of shit dragon. My melee heroes can't damage him, my ranged ones neither, I made Aerie cast everything from Breach to Lower Resistance to Greater Malison and then spam damage spells like Malf's Meteors and Acid Arrows; Doom, Poison, Insect Plague, Dolorous Decay, Harm, Cause Critical Wounds form Jaheira are useless! NOTHING FUCKING WORKS! the best i've achieved is lowering him to "injured" using Wands Of Cloudkill, but the cloud eventually kills my party as well. I'm starting to hate Baldur's Gate II, please help
>>
Blind him.
>>
>>381459523
git gud
>>
>>381459523
Maybe dragons really are the master race.
>>
>>381459523
Was that the last dragon fight? I remember that being tougher even than the last boss. If I did it, so can you.

Took me like 3 days of trying on and off though. I remember sequencing flame arrows spam to be good.
>>
>>381460141
wait isn't Firkraag supposed to be the hardest one?
>>
>>381460915
Yeah, true actually. I foolishly didnt realise you couldnt go back to the old content after you started ToB so I missed my chance to try fighting him.
>>
Just don't fight him then? Maybe you are underleveled, maybe your party wasn't spec'd right, maybe you don't have strong enough equipment. None of BG2 dragons are obligatory to fight and you can always come back after finishing Underdark. I'm pretty sure Firkraag is the weakest of them, try to kill him as a litmus test of your party's capabilities.
>>
Been a trillion years since I played, but as I recall it my cheese strat for dragons was buffing the shit out of everyone with any fear resist stuff I had, and starting the battle by having my mage(s) spam Lower Magic Resist on it, then just hammering it down with Magic Missile and other fast damage spells.
>>
>>381459523
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y7r2Z3FfZk74NdAVHuZuiNmWh14y1tAytNrsFMSY7zc/edit#gid=0

Strong casters require more than simply breach
>>
>>381459523
use traps and buffs anon. position your melee fighters behind him so he doesn't wing the fuck out of them right away, continue to use Breach and then Greater Malison, use potions, summons, everything you can.
>>
BG2 had the best dragon fights ever
okay, apart from Dragons Dogma
>>
is he attacking you to death or disabling you?
protection from fear is a must for fighting dragons, prebuffing and recasting once he dispells it.
I think I used summon spam to tank dragons since the fuckers kept wrecking my fighters and dispelling my bards protections.

If you can keep his spell protections down, give him something to hit instead of your party members and keep his CC under control with your cleric he should be easy
>>
>>381459523
>loosing
Why the fuck can nobody spell this word? Is it an American thing?
>>
>>381459523
What's your full party?

>Aerie
She's a terrible caster up until crazy high levels
>>
it's been a long time since i played BG2 but the dragons were generally surprisingly easy from what i remember. unless you were using the Tactics mod which was legit rapey as fuck.

Dragons in IE (and IE nostalgia game, PoE) were always pretty lame and gay fights considering JESUS CHRIST IT'S A DRAGON. The BG dragons could be gibbed with bounty hunter traps or OP mage spells, whereas the adra dragon in PoE was just lame bullshit where you pounded it with Cipher disintegration spells since it had over 9000 damage resistance to everything that wasn't classified as Raw (fuck DR i ignore it all) damage. You woulda thunk Sawyer's autism would've led him to nerfing raw damage...
>>
also, remove fucking magic
>>
>>381462020
ToB has two mandatory drsgon fights one after another
>>
>>381463464
Fuck ToB, it's just a garbage expansion with nothing but endless boss gauntlet.
>>
>>381463261
>PoE
>adra dragon hits you for 147 damage
>Breath, tail and wing AoE attacks one hit anything but your frontline and even then they are left at 10% life
>you have to fight him + 15 mooks that can CC your party

the alpine dragon was a push over but fuck Adra dragon
>>
>>381463815
Yeah but at least you get to experience the fun of levelling an AD&D character way beyond the point any sane dm irl would've been like 'okay guys, new campaign time'
>>
File: draconis.jpg (61KB, 546x394px) Image search: [Google]
draconis.jpg
61KB, 546x394px
WITNESS THE FUTURE
*casts time stop*
*goes invisible*

I love this fight
>>
File: 1462892183927.jpg (186KB, 800x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1462892183927.jpg
186KB, 800x1173px
>>381464929
>draconis
Ahahah come on kid !
>>
>>381464929
Where was this guy again ? I remember prepping my spells/items autistically then wrecking him instantly, even though the other dragons took me ages to beat.
>>
>>381466901
Throne of bhaal, abazigal's lair entrance.
This guy are more stronger than is fucking father
>>
>>381466901
I had to look him up too, he's guarding the entrande to Abazigal's Lair
ToB is pretty easy once you learn what spells to use and get get fully geared
>>
>>381467198
>This guy is more stronger than is fucking father
And with ascension ?
>>
>Inferno
>Best dragon fight is a non fight
Good alignement will understand
>>
Use traps or finger of death. Not really honorabru tho
>>
File: One Slap Firkraag.png (720KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
One Slap Firkraag.png
720KB, 1024x768px
>>381459523
I'm sorry, what was that?
What the fuck did you just say?

Did i just hear "i'm a little bitch i can't one shot dragons alone with no party please change my diapers bohoo"?
Is that what you just said to me?
'cause i'm pretty sure that's exactly what it sounded like.
>>
You can beat anything in that game through cheese. Typically this involves using Mordenkainen's Sword, a bunch of other summons, lower resists, damage spells and haste.

There's also SUPER cheese which is just to instakill everything with traps or skull traps. But at that point you may as well just kill everything with the console commands.
>>
>>381468097
How much time did you spend savescumming?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1MB, 1000x1547px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1MB, 1000x1547px
>Imprisonment intensifies
>>
>>381459523
>loosing
>>
>>381459523
Are you trying to fight him when you first encounter him? Because he's way too strong for characters at that level unless you metagame real hard.
>>
>>381468526
*Block your magic*
Immunity spell abjuration
>>
>>381468916
Kangaxx got you to reload after he Game Over'd you without a saving throw. No matter what you do to him after that, he already won.
>>
Just wrapped up my first BG1 run, I'm playing a fighter with great stats outside of CHA, and used all the tomes on him. Should I dual spec to Fighter/Mage? I don't like cheesy rest spamming.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.