[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 12

File: arkhamknight.jpg (287KB, 1057x1500px) Image search: [Google]
arkhamknight.jpg
287KB, 1057x1500px
what went wrong?
>>
Nothing, it's a good game that is criminally cheap
>>
>>381446231
Not much, it's the best game in the series
>>
Too much car
>>
>>381446589
Nah
>>
File: Wheel spins in the batmobile.webm (320KB, 224x400px) Image search: [Google]
Wheel spins in the batmobile.webm
320KB, 224x400px
>>381446231
I like it, I never had any real performance issues on PC because of sheer luck. The Batmobile is overused and not that fun to be in so many copy and paste missions, and the boss fights are lacking.
>>
Is it still running horribly on pc?
>>
>>381446231
PC version is a shit port

don't have a PS4 to play, so I don't know if there's anything wrong besides that
>>
>>381446490
this
>>
>>381446729
They released a few patches, but short answer is yes. I can manage 60 FPS on High settings, but driving around in the batmobile causes massive frame drops that occur even on low settings
>>
>>381446729
nah
>>
>>381446729
It runs better but still not perfect. They're apparently releasing a GOTY version on PS4 so just get that if you have to play it.
>>
>>381446231
If you don't mind that Batmobile it's great. I personal like it the most.
>>
scarecrow is a shit villain
>>
>>381447685
Better than Joker.
>>
>>381447685
I really enjoyed the fact that Scarecrow had no idea about the sub plot of Joker trying to take over Bruce's mind
>>
>>381446898
What's your gpu and cpu?
>>
>>381448321
Imagine being the joker and observing Batman.

>Holy shit my gas is working so well on him, look at the fag talking to "the joker" I'm so fucking amazing!
>>
>>381446231
One of the worst PC ports ever made.
>>
>>381447473
I'm probably the only idiot who really enjoyed the batmobile sections. They did a great job with the combat design, and the riddler puzzle challenges are p. litty.
>>
>>381448417
GTX 970 and i5 4690k. I have the ultimate meme machine
>>
>>381448617
Almost like it wasn't worth it...
>>
>>381448617
I thought the same until I played Dishonored 2
>>381448919
I love the batmobile sections. I could understand people hating them if the vehicle combat was poor, but it's completely fluid. I just wish there were better skins for the batmobile
>>
>>381449039
I don't know what you mean, probably some delusional consolefag knee-jerk reaction.
>>
>>381449138
>I just wish there were better skins for the batmobile
I just wanted to use the 1989 batmobile through the whole game, but they couldn't make those work with the tank mode, I guess. The tumbler would have been fucking great to use.
>>
too much battle tanx

red hood boss fight being a tank
>>
>>381446231
PCbros went full retard because the publishers didn't want to delay the game a year just to appease a few faggots who don't own a real console.

The Arkham trilogy is fucking great, only buttmad PCbros and weebs who hate any action game that comes from the West don't like it.
>>
>>381449357
Holy buzzwords batman
>>
>>381449357
PC is a real gaming platform

anti-consumer, consoles are locked down, outdated on release trash
>>
File: 1461145076249.png (77KB, 268x284px) Image search: [Google]
1461145076249.png
77KB, 268x284px
>>381449357
>>381449576
Can you children take it somewhere else
>>
>>381449357
>the c-word is censored

I had no idea, holy shit you guys are pathetic. Wow, guess half-chan really is dead, eh?
>>
>>381449708
cuck
>>
File: 1299120210741.jpg (42KB, 299x284px) Image search: [Google]
1299120210741.jpg
42KB, 299x284px
>Do all the Riddler puzzles because he looks like the only boss you'll get to fight without the Batmobile
>You just beat up his robot mooks then mash the attack button on him 3 times
>>
>>381446231
Batmobile is way overused, every mission started to feel like a justification to show it off
Boss "fights" were garbage
Story and atmosphere was a huge step down from the previous two
Still a good game that refined the combat to perfection. If AA/AC had the exact same combat model they'd be perfect games.
>>
File: SUCK IT.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SUCK IT.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
>>381448919
Nah I like them too. Felt like it was a decent way to shake up the game. If they didn't add it, it would be repetitive like Origins was.
>>
>>381446231
I liked everything but the batmobile
>>
>>381449708
>8gag talking about dead boards
Isn't it ironic, don't you think?
>>
>>381446231
Denuvo and stuttering
and not, it is not fixed

>it runs fine
that is not fixed
>>
>>381449165
>bad pc port
>devs didn't see a need to put a lot of effort into it
>pc market wasn't important enough to port correctly
If you can't understand that, I don't know what to tell you. Knee jerk would be more like your post, where you don't use your brain. Much like falling for the pc meme.
>>
>>381446231
Batmobile is shoehorned into every mission
No real boss fights
Everybody with any knowledge of Batman lore saw who Arkham Knight was miles away
Side missions are very bland and boring

Still a fun game but can't stack up to the first two.
>>
>>381453621
>devs didn't see a need to put a lot of effort into it
More like they picked a cheap ass studio who couldn't deliver.
>>
File: 1351325657877.jpg (68KB, 420x510px) Image search: [Google]
1351325657877.jpg
68KB, 420x510px
>>381446231
>what went wrong?

The Battank sections. You're not going to enjoy shooting at drones for the thousandth time unless you're absolutely braindead.

Ironically, the small amount of Batmobile car chase content was actually fun. They should have just gone with a bit more of that and scrapped the tank garbage completely.

>mfw the Deathstroke """"boss fight""""
>>
>>381453834
>picked a cheap ass studio because they didn't care
>had no desire to invest much into pc market
It explains itself. You're just too invested in the pc meme to see it clearly.
>>
>>381446231
>batmobile is repetitive and and just barely "okay"
>same goes for all the militia checkpoints etc
>same goes for twoface missions
>same goes for penguin missions
>same goes for all DLC except Season of Infamy
What went right is most of everything else, even though BOTH twists could be seen a mile away. In short it's a game with some really good content and a ton of meh content. So what went wrong is modern openworld-itis. It literally has the same strengths and flaws as any given modern open world game.
Batman can be lucky that this series is over now. The next game would be guaranteed to be even fucking worse. WB Games can go kys themselves.
>>
>>381454000
>WB games had no desire to invest much into pc market
>therefore, no other studio has a desire to invest much into the PC market
This is where your retarded line of thought falls apart.
>>
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>tfw loved how Asylum was basically a 3D Metroidvania with Batman but the rest of the series fell for the open world meme
I still like them but Asylum holds the top spot for me
>>
>>381454441
>>batmobile is repetitive and and just barely "okay"
>>same goes for all the militia checkpoints etc
>>same goes for twoface missions
>>same goes for penguin missions
>>same goes for all DLC except Season of Infamy
A few of these are dubious. I'm thinking all this negativity towards the game is more of a peer pressure thing.
The only few points where I'll agree are the complete lack of bosses, but even the security checkpoints and towers were mostly all different, and required different means to deactivate. If you go by the vanilla game without updates or DLC, then sure, it lacked challenges and such.
>>
Great fuckin game. Story is a little disjointed but can't really expect much as it's capeshit
>>
The biggest problem with the Batmobile is that gliding is simply far more fun to do.
>>
>>381446729
I can't maintain 60FPS on a 1070 and a 6600 so you tell me
>>
>>381454598
They picked a cheap ass studio because it wasn't worth the investment. That means they didn't care about the final project. The other studio is irrelevant because they were just doing enough to get the paycheck. If we saw a reason to get a better studio they would. I'm sorry if you're having a hard time accepting that pc isn't a good market, but thats just the way it is.
>>
>>381455162
Wb*
>>
the graphics were pretty fantasic, it's amazing how they modified UE3
>>
>>381454851
Yeah those are all okay content. Not something I would look forward to doing ever again though, in fact just thinking about it makes me want to boot up Asylum instead.
>>
>>381455162
A single studio making a decision like that is not a good gauge of the industry as a whole. I'm sorry you're clinging to your consolewarrior stupor instead of actual reason.
>>
>>381449284
Did they ever give a reason why you couldn't use the movie skins in the main game. It couldn't have been that hard to have an animation of the cannon coming out the top
>>
>>381446231
Nothing. It's great.
The only issue is that the formula is starting to wear thin after so many of the same game. The batmobile is fun but barely changes the game.

I was also upset that the Burtonmobile didn't have a tank mode so couldn't really be used to any realistic extent.
>>
>>381455554
Well, you can use the movie skins in the main game, you just can't use any of the batmobile abilities with them. They're stuck in batmobile mode. You can even fuck up your game if you fall into a pit that requires the bat hook to get out.
>>
>>381455491
>projection : the post
Im not clinging to anything. It had fun with the game. Not my fault you bought an expensive rig devs don't care about. I'm sure you're going to try and get some sort of final word in, but I don't care because I have better things to do with my time than argue about the relevance of pc markets in today's video game industry. Keep being delusional.
>>
>>381454963
This is true, they made it too fun to be batman
>>
>>381446729
GTX 1060 6gb and i7 7700k at 4.8GHz. It drops below 50fps at times while driving, even at lower settings. It's much better than it was at release.
>>
>>381455871
There's nothing even remotely approaching projection there, not even something you could mistake for projection. Your reasoning skills are baffling, and everything you said is in the previous post. You don't really care about the subject and just want to be seen as winning a petty argument.
WB doing stupid shit is not a reflection of the entire industry. More and more studios like Sega and Squenix bringing their games to PC proves otherwise.
>>
Besides subjective things like whether you played the PC port or the Batmobile (which apparently some people like but I would tend to disagree)

I think it's pretty inarguable that the game had the worst (base) side quests and content out of the series. A huge percent of them were just grind fests where you had to save firefighter #7, chase firefly for the third time or take down another fucking APC. There were some good things like Pug's boss fight, but then there's also shit like Hush which was a huge letdown. The story was mixed. Scarecrow was decent to good, Joker's inclusion was great and the R rating really let them do things unabated which bumped up the quality of the game. But the Jason twist was cheap, uninspired, and you could see it coming a mile away. The ending also left a bitter taste in my mouth, I'm sure Rocksteady studios had the balls to actually kill Batman if they could but WB probably held them back to leave future games open.

The cynical part of me thinks this thread is just a shill ploy to get PC gamers turned off by the initial release to buy back in for the Summer sale.
>>
playing through the game without upgrades is pretty hard
>>
>>381446231
It was clearly rushed, you can see it in the third act. Or maybe they're just lazy fucks and they ran out of ideas.
>>
>>381456679

How are the side missions in Arkham City less grindy or better than this one?

Find Azrael 5 times and talk with him
Blow up 6 Titan tanks and talk with Bane
Help political prisoners 12 times
Chase phone 6 times and silent takedown Zsasz
Find 4 mutilated corpses and talk to Hush
Find 4 dead bodies and silent takedown Deadshot

Arkham City was much worse than Knight and Asylum had literally two sidequests only (Amadeus Arkham and Riddler trophies).

Arkham Knight had kino moments like finding Man-Bat, chasing Firefly through the streets, Professor Pyg, Deacon Blackfire, cool side predator and combat scenarios, destroying aerial drones while in mid-air flight etc. That's not even counting the season of infamy dlc.
>>
>>381456679
>I'm sure Rocksteady studios had the balls to actually kill Batman if they could but WB probably held them back to leave future games open.
They could make Batman Beyond games, that would be fucking awesome and they could make it work without Bruce.
But didn't they say that they don't plan on doing any more Batman games?
>>
I just recently got the game and the season pass on sale and I'm having fun like I did with the others. Something feels off about the final punch when you defeat the last enemy in a group. In city and asylum I remember the final hit sounding really really loud and devastating. It sounds off here but maybe its just me.
>>
>>381457623
They weren't actually. Knight's side content IS better than City. But during City anons and people still had patience and stomach for the mostly copy-pasted stuff. In Knight it felt old right from the get-go.
It's like playing any Assassin's Creed after liking 2.
>>
>>381457623

>Deacon Blackfire
Timed arena fight
>chasing Firefly through the streets
3 chase sequences where difficulty doesn't increase, Firefly doesn't use more fire, doesn't throw shit directly at you, nothing just sets on fire one side of the road and that's it. It only gets worse when you look at what he was doing in Origins Even though the whole fight is a rip off of Poison Ivy fight from the Asylum

These ones are debatable kino moments.
>>
>>381458325
Pro-tip, when you knock out an enemy with a normal hit (not a takedown, beatdown or gadget takedown) and he's not the last enemy, press R2+Circle or the equivalent in your system (the button that makes you pick up a downed enemy and continue a beatdown) and Batman will brutally slam them to the ground and not lose combo, it's really satisfying.

Also, if you press and hold the Call Batmobile button, L1 while not running, you'll just summon the car but not get in, he'll just come to you. It's good when you want it close for assisted takedowns.
>>
>>381457623
Arkham City does have some bad sidequest on the level of Knight but I specifically used the word grindy because there are so much fuckin more.

>Fifteen firefighters (just predator or combat fights, padding basically)
>Fourteen bomb disarmament (more padding, tank combat)
Etc, I didn't easily find info on how many watchtowers, APC chases, and checkpoint takedowns there are

Also
>Firefly is kino
>Even just using the word kino
Get the fuck out of here and go back to /TV/ or /co/ or wherever the fuck you came from

I'm not trying to say City is a perfect game or the Knight is a bad game, but I think City is better than Knight in enough categories to count.
>>
>>381458539

His fight in Origins was the only good boss fight in the whole series, along with Dr. Freeze.

These games have a combat system that doesn'
t work for 1v1 fights, Deathstroke fight is a joke, because it repeats animations so much and is just a semi-rehash of the also bad Ras Al Ghul fight.

I thought it was cool to chase around Firefly, and it. only happens three times, so it didn't get old for me.
>>
>>381446231
>what went wrong?

Literally ALL and I mean ALL sections with the batmobile. They really shoved it in your face in this game.
Everything is great but the batmobile sections are just too time consuming and boring.
>>
>>381446729
You need a SSD to run with the car through the streets without watching a slideshow
>>
>>381458952

You don't have to do them back to back and the firefighters sidequest is literally just a combat encounter with 10+ dudes, it's not like it's trying to be anything more than that. You don't have to keep chasing them, just organically do those while running around the city.

I fail to see how anyone could see AC as a better game than AK.
>>
>>381456679
>>381458952
I also forgot to mention that Knight had like no good bosses at all, whereas City had Ra's, Clayface, Grundy, and most of all Freeze.

>Deathstroke was shit
>Jason was shit
>Two Face is just another fucking predator mission

Put was pretty damn good though. Take all this with a grain of salt, I haven't played SoI yet because I refunded the shitty PC port when I got the chance. But in comparison, City only got the meh Harley Quinn DLC. I'm coincidentally doing a new playthrough right now to do SoI, friend has the full game for the One.
>>
>Season of Infamy was fun and it was going to feature Prometheus as well, as shown by the dataminers, but devs cut it for reasons

I'd really like to see him in a game... What a shame...
>>
>>381459141
>Deathstroke fight is a joke, because it repeats animations so much

Yes, mechanically it's a joke, you can fucking bat claw slam him for entirety of the fight with no punishment. But as presentation goes, it's one of the best staged fights in these games. I don't think any one should shame repetition in this games.

>only happens three times, so it didn't get old for me.

Shit's anticlimactic that's what I'm saying, it's the same 3 chases with no variety or difference just in other parts of Gotham. Pretty much whole Arkham Knight is anticlimactic.
>>
>>381459141
The Firefly fight was trash. Even just Copperhead's was more fun.
>>
>>381459749
I'd rather get good Hush content than have Prometheus content
>>
>>381446231
Loved AK, best in the series easily.
>>
>>381459807

Copperhead was just a bland combat encounter in a dark room.
>>
>>381458863
ok cool thanks i didnt know about the beatdown continued thing.
>>
>>381460035
Copperhead wasn't terribly interesting mechanically but the fight overall was more engaging and way more fun than fucking Firefly.

>Chuck a bunch of Batarangs and throw in a battle
Yay
>>
>>381460375
Meant Batclaw, have to be a lowley phoneposter since I'm at work
>>
Batmobile damn near ruined it for me. It mean it's nicely designed but it's just so overused for fucking everything and like someone else mentioned it's just more fucking fun to glide around. Man I got so tired of it that it burnt me out and I stopped playing the game after the Cloudburst tank battle. Even though I was near the end I just couldn't handle it. I was asking myself during that fight, "is this even still batman anymore?" Also seriously just fuck them for using Joker again. Just fuck them. Every game had him.
>>
>>381446231
It's a really good game and the game mechanics are pretty solid. Looks fantastic and big open world to explore just makes it that much better.

But omg did they fucking over use the bat tank.
>>
>>381461094
Also, Mark Hamill as joker again. Hands down is my number choice for playing Joker. He could transition to movie joker and put in a solid performance.
>>
>>381460614
I could understand the Joker complaint if he somehow got deus ex machina'd to be the final arch villain ahead of Scarecrow, but personally I think his inclusion in Knight is perfect. He serves as a background antagonistic force and just some good dark humor relief.

Really looking back in hindsight the whole trilogy (and even Origins) is wholly about Batman and Joker's relationship and I think it's great. Their ending is great.
>>
>>381456459
>2 games already released on console
>thinking about opening up to pc market
>first priority was getting to console
>then they're going to think about pc
>this means pc is a good market
Only deluded pcvcks could look at that and think it means master race.
>>
The only thing that they did wrong was that instead of just adding batmobile sections, they seemingly REPLACED Predator sections with the batmobile ones, there were so few compared to the other games,.and they were my favorite ones, pity.
>>
>>381448617
I thought pc was the best way to play multiplats?
>>
>>381449357
I know right
its almost as if the devs figured they should really give a shit about a platform that requires extra optimization and leaves them at the greatest risk for theft of their product
>>
>>381453621
devs chose not to care about a population that feels entitled to pirate games
>>
>>381456679
>A huge percent of them were just grind fests where you had to save firefighter #7, chase firefly for the third time or take down another fucking APC.
No, I'd argue those were a minority. I wonder if you people judge games from like, youtube videos or IGN reviews or something.
>>
>>381462980
Well then you're objectively wrong and perhaps literally retarded?

Look at >>381458952
There are a fuckton of firefighter, watchtower, APC, and checkpoints in the game, more than any other side content sans Riddler shit.
>>
>>381463479
>objectively
Kys
>>
>>381463605
>lel I troll u

Numbers are objective son
>>
>>381446490

The good:

>best combat and predator
>the main campaign
>pretty fun open world to explore
>Riddler (until his bossfight), the firefighters, Croc and Ra's DLC sidequest, Pyg
>the batmobile (the tank battles are fun in a gameplay perspective but inappropiate for a Batman game, but i guess they are the only way to be in danger in the batmobile)

The bad:

>lack of bossbattles
>detective vision is more overpowered than ever
>Arkham Knight not being an OC, wtf Rocksteady, this was your chance to leave your mark in the Batman mythos
>not the whole Gotham city to explore, no Wayne manor and no batcave
>the rest of the sidequests (i hate the "do the same thing three times" system of some of them: Man Bat, Firefly, Penguin, Two Face, Mad Hatter and that the rest of them are militia related like the bombs, the rooftops, the streets, the chases, Freeze DLC)
>>
Bat mobile was forced in a lot. Was fun to use but they relied on it far too much.

It was pretty obvious who the Arkham knight was going to be.
>>
>>381446490
>>381463938

Meant to quote OP.
>>
>>381463842
>my opinion isnt subjective, it's objective
Either way you slice it, you're legitimately retarded.
>>
>>381464449
>Game has more X than Y, which can be proven numerically
>No you're dumb and that's an opinion

Ok anon
>>
>>381464627
>I don't like it because it has x, y amount of times.
That's subjective, and you're still retarded.
>>
Lots of people say that Arkham City was the best but to me Arkham Knight is superior in every way.
>>
>>381464831
>Moving goalposts

The argument was about whether or not there were more grindy quests than non-grindy quests, not whether such things were good or bad idiot

>A huge percent of them were just grind fests where you had to save firefighter #7, chase firefly for the third time or take down another fucking APC.
>No, I'd argue those were a minority

You can tell me you like the grind and I can't really argue with your shit taste but it's objectively that there are more shitty grind quests (Watchtowers, APCs, Firefighters, Checkpoints, Bombs) than other shit in the game (sans Riddler again of course)
>>
File: HQ and mistah jay.png (616KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HQ and mistah jay.png
616KB, 1280x720px
One of the prettiest games i've seen. Rocksteady can do wonders with UE3. I wonder what are they up to now? A Superman game is too good to be true.
>>
>>381465331
>I didn't like it because x
All of that is your shitty opinion. Opinions are subjective by nature. Saying it isn't makes you retarded. Trying to prove the point further makes me think you're actually autistic.
>>
File: qQtMVLL.gif (2MB, 397x226px) Image search: [Google]
qQtMVLL.gif
2MB, 397x226px
>>381465697
>>
File: 1497129121406.jpg (37KB, 300x330px) Image search: [Google]
1497129121406.jpg
37KB, 300x330px
>>381466007
>>
What's Rocksteady up to, now?
>>
>>381453973
I would like to point out that every time I see this picture, I am the only one who has realized that batman is flying from the balcony.
Yes, I'm a retard
>>
>>381446231
Exclusive hardware tie ins and an slight over-reliance on the batmobile.

I liked it otherwise, it was cheesy as hell, but I expect that from a Batman property.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.