[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was a big Sonicfag when I was young in the Genesis era, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: sonic-the-hedgehog.png (679KB, 912x1424px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-the-hedgehog.png
679KB, 912x1424px
I was a big Sonicfag when I was young in the Genesis era, but never played a single Sonic game after Sonic 3&Knuckles. As I grew older the stigma just kept me away. But with all the talk about Mania recently I'm kinda interested in playing some of the games I missed over the decades. So what would you guys suggest to somebody who hasn't touched Sonic since the 90's? Surely not all of them are bad right?
>>
File: DIE.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
DIE.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>Adventure
>Adventure 2
>Heroes (Probably the worst game on this list, honestly, but still worth a playthrough)
>Shadow The Hedgehog(If you aren't one of those "It's edgy so it's automatically bad" queers)
>Battle
>Rush
>Rush Adventure
>CD
>Riders
>Secret Rings
>Black Knight
>Maybe the Advance games
This will give you the quintessential Sonic experience
>>
For 2D:
Sonic Advance and Advance 2
Sonic Rush

For 3D and "3D":
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations

And sonic all stars racing transformed is a nice racing spin off
>>
>>381445886
best way to play Adventure these days? What's Dreamcast emulation like?
>>
>>381445405
I recommend Megamix if you are a big fan of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Go download Kega Fusion right now. Do it!!!
>>
>>381446263
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uNsTXIzgGI
>>
For 3D start with either Adventure 2 or Generations. I like them, but they're more of a case of guilty pleasure than actually good quality games.
>>
The adventure games are really bad games.

The sonic gameplay is like the boost ones but with everything good about those gutted, and every other type of gameplay is really bad. Seriously, you just hold up to clear Sonic's shit because there are just boosters everywhere.

The only 3D sonic games that are worth a shit are colors and generations, and that's all. Anyone that tells you otherwise is trying to get you to play poor games that fail at 5 different play styles with shit level designs.
>>
List of good Sonic games:

Sonic 1
Sonic CD
Sonic 2 (Knuckles is fine too)
Sonic 3&K
Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations
Sonic Rush 1 is okay

Every single other game has some kind of horrific gimmick mechanic that takes up half of the game or just has bad level design.
>>
>>381445405
The adventure games are really bad but you should play them anyway. They venture into B-movie territory where they're not so bad as to be painful, but they're just bad enough to wrap back around into a fun experience.
>>
Anyone that says the boost games are even remotely good is blatantly lying to you. Honestly, the best game past the Genesis games is probably Riders (a spin-off) followed by Shadow, then Adventure 2. Shadow and Adventure 2 have the greatest balance between exploration, speed, and platforming the game has ever had in 3D.
>>
>>381448670
>I played Sonic Unleashed and now I hate all boost games
>>
>>381445405
>Maybe the Advance games
No maybe about it. If you like the classic 2D games, they're definitely worth checking out. They feel like a natural progression of that kind of playstyle (and the Rush games going even further in that direction).
>>
>>381449139
I somehow responded to the wrong post. Meant to respond to >>381445683
>>
>>381449020
I have played literally every Sonic game in the franchise except for Boom, Advance 3 and Free Riders. Unleashed was the best of the boost games but even that was severely lacking in level design.
>>
Pocket Adventure is essentially a stripped down version of 2 with elements of 3&K. Advance 1 and 2 are good, 3 is OK but not as good. Rush, Rush Adventure and Colors (DS) are fun.
>>
>>381449286
>Unleashed was the best of the boost games
>I have played literally every Sonic game
I find this hard to believe
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.