[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: 01214145487497.png (838KB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
01214145487497.png
838KB, 1422x800px
God tier games that don't get enough attention
>>
>>381443632
Easily one of my absolute favorite games of this entire decade. Pretty as button, great optimization, gigantic options menus that would make any mustard-racer's dick diamons, pretty clever puzzles, actually thought provoking themes and story, and overall very chill, atmospheric experience.
>>
>>381443632
While good, it's definitely gotten plenty of attention.
>>
FF Type 0.
Played the PC's HD port just recently for the first time, and I was blown away by it. Perhaps my favorite FF game to date, and I've played pretty much all of 'em.

The game is like a fancy, action-packed Final Fantasy themepark, mixing varios elements from the series' past games to create its own fantastical, yet surprisingly dark world and story.
My first, calm-paced playthrough took me a good 85 hours, yet I was left with sooo much unfinished and unsolved material, that starting a NG+ was a no brainer. Now with clocking 115 hours, it has become clear that the game indeed IS designed to be replayed, both gameplay and plot-wise.

The PC version is even at its worst "fine", and the game as an experience will definitely be memorable and emotional, no matter the somewhat overwhelming beginning. Graphics whores better steer away, because while the game can look great, it is still a mere HD port of an older, stylized PSP game at heart.
>>
File: 1487973099047.jpg (125KB, 1000x566px) Image search: [Google]
1487973099047.jpg
125KB, 1000x566px
>>
File: 1894704-box_cryostatis.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1894704-box_cryostatis.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
Talos Principle was massively successful and we have been having almost daily (or at least weekly) threads since it came out around here. I would not say that it's not getting enough attention, especially considering it's relative niche appeal.

Icepick Lodge games don't get enough attention.
Original War never did get enough attention.
Kohan never did get enough attention.
Cryostasis never got enough enough attention.
I'd argue that even the new Prey did not get enough attention.

Talos Principle is awesome and I'm happy to see it being routinely talked about on a regular basis around here, but it's hardly a game that does not get enough talk.
>>
File: 1484136730286.jpg (868KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484136730286.jpg
868KB, 1920x1080px
>>381445425
does not mean TP would exactly be "well known" or "overrated" either. I personally was just aware of its existence, but it looked generic as fuck (at the time) in my eyes.

I only picked it up later last year after watching the Croteam's panel at NGC 2016 event, where I heard it being fairly open-ended game with tons of optional exploration type content. And nowadays I regret not playing it earlier.
>>
>>381445756
>does not mean TP would exactly be "well known" or "overrated" either.
I would not say "overrated" (that word is fucking overused around here), but I would say that it's relatively speaking fairly well known, especially considering it's genre. Compared to the titles I've mentioned, Talos is very notoric. Pops up in recommendation threads all the time, has at least week threads of it's own, every time it goes on sale the threads boom to daily...
>>
File: 1399520603133.jpg (202KB, 794x732px) Image search: [Google]
1399520603133.jpg
202KB, 794x732px
kinda burned out of puzzle games when this came out and somehow I still am
>>
>>381445425
>Cryostasis never got enough enough attention.

Maybe because even a supercomputer struggles to run the game smoothly.

Still an amazing game with great atmosphere.
>>
>>381447272
>Maybe because even a supercomputer struggles to run the game smoothly.
I'd blame the fact that it had zero marketing and also terrible gameplay as well, but really: the problem is mostly that nobody knows about it. It does not run all that well but then again the majority of people posting here are console users who have little or no issues playing games at 15-30 FPS routinely, which any machine today can play Cryostasis on. It's just... really unknown. Nobody played it, on release, or now.
>>
>>381445425
Cryostasis was a cult-hit tier cool shit (no pun intended) at the time. Back when Crysis was still unobtainium to many people, this game was one of the titles I thought would be a milestone in the NEXT GEN game graphics AND physics.

It ran OK on my WinXP machine from early 00s, but then again I was still fine with 768p and sub-30fps at the time.
>>
File: header.jpg (40KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
40KB, 460x215px
Thanks FnaF for kicking this out of the spotlight.
>>
>>381443632
Wasn't a sequel to this game announced like a year ago? Has there been any new info on Talos 2?
>>
>>381449991
What would a sequel even do?
Isn't everything pretty definitively fucked?
>>
>>381450215
anthology
>>
>>381449991
Croteam is working at the speed of "fuck you".
They have announced SS4, a SS2 remake and Talos 2 and all they do is porting their games into the latest engine for the past months and some VR games that supposedly only four, five people are working on despite the team being sixty people by now - whatever the others are doing is anyone's guess.
>>
>>381449991
>Wasn't a sequel to this game announced like a year ago? Has there been any new info on Talos 2?
About two years ago (if not more) actually. And no, there has been absolutely no mention of it since.
Most people logically assumed that a sequel to Talos is going to get come only after Serious Sam 4 (which at that time was though to be at the height of development process). But GOD ONLY KNOWS what the fuck is going on in Croteam these days, since outside of that fucking SS3 VR gimmick (I've actually heard it's pretty good, but it is a VR game after all) we literally had no piece of update or news at all from them.
>>
>Sequel to Talos Principle
What would be the major mechanics? Surely not the abstract concept of stacking boxes on buttons and refracting light with little crystals on stands.
>>
>>381450769
>>381450525
>>381450376
>>381450215
>>381449991
Talos Principle VR
>>
>>381450769
Rebuilding.
>On your own, turn the Dam's systems back on
>Begin reclaiming parts of this verdant land
>Mechanics revolve around building things
>These things would either be installed into a level (fixed count per level, no resource management stuff on a meta basis) and leading machines into doing certain tasks
>>
this game made my graphics card eat shit.
well to be exact it defaulted to ultra and i could only run it on high. so i didnt notice until there was a burning smell in my room.

i hate this game on that principle now
>>
>>381443632
>expect actual existentialism
>get entry level "humanity=good and valuable TT^TT" shit
it was garbage my man
>>
>>381451612
It's a puzzle game with a bit of entry-level philosophy. Why would you expect something like that from a video game, when there are a lot of great books on that subject?
>>
>>381451612
>it was garbage my man

But that's the witness.
>>
>>381452705

Because he is a supreme gentleman.
>>
>>381452967
Why do Talos Principle and The Witness have to be some kind of rivals?
I think both are some of the best games in the recent years
>>
>>381452705
>why did you thought a videogame was going to have a decent scrypt?
almonds=activated
>>
>>381451612
You don't even seem to know what "existentialism" actually means. And the fact that you seem to get offended at a humanistic message just paints you to be an edgy 14 years old.

The philosophy aspect of the game was unsprisingly kinda crap, but the actual backstory, that was actually pretty damn good.
>>
>>381445425
How the hell can I play this game? It's not available for purchase anywhere, is there any torrents available?
>>
>>381454942
check isozone
>>
>>381454942
There is a torrent of the gog version on pirate bay. You can't currently buy it on any major digital distribution platforms: it has been forced off both Steam and Gog.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.