[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that will be cancelled.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: beyond-good-and-evil-2.png (239KB, 630x323px) Image search: [Google]
beyond-good-and-evil-2.png
239KB, 630x323px
ITT: Games that will be cancelled.
>>
>>381441748
More like games that should be cancelled
>>
WE
>>
One can only hope
>>
I got a question about BG&E2.

We saw Jade in the first teaser trailer.
Then we had gameplay of Jade running through what seemed to be city streets.

Then, out of no where they say theres no Jade at all and its going to be a prequel. what the fuck? why remake all the shit from scratch?
>>
>>381443423
Those first teasers were years ago. They mean nothing after so long.
>>
>>381443423

If you ____ them, they'll _____!
>>
Cancelled? Nah. It'll just simply never come out. Guarantee we go another 3 or 4 years without hearing about it or seeing it, then another teaser, and then nothing ever again. Pretty sure his other game, Wild, will be outright cancelled though.
>>
File: IMG_4133.jpg (813KB, 2880x1350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4133.jpg
813KB, 2880x1350px
>>
>>381443748
If you change your original plans for a video game fans have been waiting for and then show them, they'll be upset and wish for you to return to those original plans!
>>
>>381443934
tfw the games that never get made are the best games. I still want BC, even though I know never to trust a Peter Molyneux.
>>
Vivendi will cancel this shit so fast
>>
>>381443729
Its not just teaser. theres also this gameplay footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5wxNYPeinY

Why make this gameplay footage only to scrap everything and remake it from scarch? its a waste of man hours and money.

And why call it 2 if its a prequel?
>>
>>381441748
Remember when games used funky fonts that made them stand out?
>>
>>381441748
more like "games that are like that other game from ICO team"
>>
File: star-citizen1.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
star-citizen1.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (49KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
49KB, 1366x768px
>>
>>381441748
I don't know why but I did get that feeling watching the trailer
>>
>>381441748
first tech demo is going to be released today just fucking wait
>>
File: 6wsf7mY.gif (1MB, 650x742px) Image search: [Google]
6wsf7mY.gif
1MB, 650x742px
>>381444493
delet this
>>
>>381443934
wild just got an update in january. They hired four new people onto the project, it's still in development, which is a bad thing for it, since it's been in development for like 5 years now, and it's still not done apparently, but ancel is frequently showing updates via instagram.

I'm more concerned this waste of space will interfere with wild further and just delay it even more though.
>>
File: 1475542204962.png (95KB, 610x707px) Image search: [Google]
1475542204962.png
95KB, 610x707px
>>381441748
> is a "reboot-remake-sequel-prequel" episode
because alienating core fans trying to grab a wider audience worked so well for every movie/game that tried in the last 5 years
>>
>>381444797
Beyond Good and Evil hardly has any core fans.
>>
>>381444513
Probably because it's been teased in some form or another numerous times over the past 14 years and nothing ever came of it. There was already another teaser announcement for it a few years ago and now it's a completely different game from that that doesn't seem aimed at the few fans of the original that even exist (I'm certainly not one of them, my indifference to this shit is absolute). The love that some people have for the first one is genuinely baffling to me. Same goes for Psychonauts.
>>
>>381445018
If I had to make a guess, it's because the main characters are compelling and the narrative is interesting. The gameplay and atmosphere/music are neat as well. People love BG&E1 because it was an "experience."
>>
>Destiny is successful
>now everyone's copying it

western video games are such a joke
>>
>>381441748

Star Citizen

He will hide with all the money after he realizes the project is doomed.
>>
>>381444797
>alienating core fans
>making an entire video game for the core fans of beyond good and evil 1

that would be the dumbest decision ever. I mean it would be one thing if that original audience had some actual numbers to it but are people asking a company to develop a game for a handful of people. This would be quake all over again.
>>
>>381446562
Star citizen should legit be cancelled since beyond good and evil 2 already has seamless planet transitions and the space ship combat which would be some side mechanic in this game is already superior to star citizen without having to trick people into funding it.
>>
>>381444465
Can you cancel something that doesn't exist in the first place?
>>
>duke forever came out
>last guardian came out
>bge 2 is still in the teaser trailer phase

hilarious
>>
>>381441748
don't worry vivendi is coming
>>
ITT: [insert game that is in early development]
>>
I'd rather not have the game come out than play a prequel about Jade's crippled mother and her band of monkeys.
>>
cuphead will announce they "need some more time" in august and sea of thieves lookin like str8 azz boi
>>
Well I really enjoyed the trailer. But unless Ubisoft immensely increases its valuation that Vivendi don't take over there's not a whole lot that can be done to save this game.

Maybe that's why Ancel was crying. He gets his game on stage but knows that this is it. Bittersweet
>>
>>381449285
Ubisoft has fought tooth-and-nail for years to avoid Vivendi's hostile takeover.
>>
>>381449217
sea of thieves is a mess because of it's decision to be a loot treadmill. I want fucking puzzle pirates in 3D.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.