[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are chalice dungeons so ridiculously hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_8633.jpg (34KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8633.jpg
34KB, 512x288px
I didn't have nearly this much trouble with the base game or DLC. I'm currently on new game plus and am so levelled all the boss fights are a cinch.

Yet I just barely beat Keeper of the Old Lords after hours of trying and am now currently getting my ass handed to me by Watcher of the Old lords

Wtf gives? It's friggin impossible
>>
>>381440793
And you need to clear them for the platinum. Keep going and git gud
>>
Because they are optional.
>>
>>381440793
Watchdog is a classic case of not really hard, but super fucking punishing.
Accept that his dash move is ALWAYS going to oneshot you. Learn the telegraph. Check for it in advance. Level your vit enough so that you can usually survive at least one hit from him. Once you've done that just learn his moveset and play very carefully. Do not get greedy, he will FUCK you up.
>>
Because some people want really challenging content but putting that in the main game would be frustrating for most players. Is gud.
>>
Chalice dungeons are probably the funniest thing I've ever played. It's like those stupid 'Welcome to Dark Souls' gifs, but the whole thing is like that.
>>
>>381440793
Boop him on the nose
>>
>>381440793
If you don't cheese it the hardest fight in the entire game is defiled amygdala, it's just fucking retarded. Watchdog of the old lords can be a real pain in the ass if you can't survive any of his attacks, some of them are flail-y and hard to dodge
>>
The "difficulty" of the chalice dungeons is offset by the fact that you are going to be fighting the same 5 enemies ad infinitum
>>
>>381441778

I'm embarrassed to say it took me over 25 tries to beat defiled Amygdala. It was a grind, and the video I took of me finally beating it has this ultra-embarrassing finish where amy accidentally knocked my ass directly next to its head during a slam that I fucked up. It was like the game told me "fine, you can have this, but never forget I gave it to you".
>>
>>381440793
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160107205606.jpg (368KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160107205606.jpg
368KB, 1920x1080px
>>381440793
And people say BB is easy, bunch of faggots that never tried to solo Defiled Amygdala or defled Watchdogs of the Old Lords.
>>
>>381442240
Both of those are easy
>>
>>381442307
*tips fedora*
>>
>>381442307
>>381442307
sure man, everything is easy according to these fags.
>>
>>381440793
It's the entire point of the dungeons, they pile on handicaps to create a true NG+ mode that other souls games didn't have.
>>
I find myself being more careful when I fight Keeper of the Old Lords than I am with any other dungeon boss, except maybe the Undead Giants. It's so easy for that bitch to just run up and kill you if you even slightly mis-time your attack or it doesn't break her poise. It's easy to dodge all of defiled Amy's attacks except for her palm slam
>>
>>381440793
Because they are optional content obviously. Duh.
>>
>>381441465
Also his charge hit box is bigger on his left side for some reason, always go to his right.
>>
Honestly aside from Amygdala the Chalice dungeon bosses weren't that difficult. Admittedly I Youtubed a strategy for the boss in OP's image, but once you watch an analysis of the boss's attacks it's piss easy.

The one boss which I was fucking shocked over was the Abhorrent Beast. Thank fuck you don't have to beat that boss for the platinum, by the time you fight the boss you already have the materials to open the next dungeon. I tried to look up some strategies and literally all I could find was throw poison knives at it and run away until it died. What the fuck were they thinking with that boss? Difficulty and challenging is one thing, but you've have to be a fucking autist to want to actually try to defeat that.
>>
>>381445179
Pizza cutter + Fire Paper = SPIN TO WIN
>>
>>381445179
>Admittedly I Youtubed a strategy for the boss in OP's image, but once you watch an analysis of the boss's attacks it's piss easy.
I don't think you understand how little your opinion matters to anybody.
>>
>>381445179
Abhorrent Beast is easier than most depth 5 chalice dungeon bosses, I thought Defiled Pthumerian Descendant was orders of magnitude tougher. If you had to you tube any boss to beat a boss in Bloodborne you've already admitted to being beaten by its difficulty.
>>
File: rekd.jpg (15KB, 697x59px) Image search: [Google]
rekd.jpg
15KB, 697x59px
>>381445471
>>381445656
I can feel the booty blasting through my monitor.
>>
>>381440793
Because your health is halved in the cursed dungeons. Flame doggy is easy though. Big tells on all his attacks.
>>
>>381445656
The Abhorrent Beast gave me the most trouble by far, but I blame it entirely on the camera in that fight.
>>
>>381440793

>new game plus

Should have done them all before you finished the game.
>>
>>381445719
>Posting a trophy that can be achived using co-op partners.

lmao
>>
>>381445934
NG+ doesn't affect chalices.
>>
>>381445179

Analyzing a boss's attacks yourself and adapting is part of the game. Youtubing Soulsborne bosses is probably one of the most casual tier things I've ever heard of.
>>
>>381445952
I have never summoned in any Souls game.
>>
>>381445749
I think most people have a problem with the dog because you have to be cautious. Most bosses reward you for being aggressive while the dog will just fuck you up quick if you aren't careful.
>>
>>381446234

Exactly. The people that struggle the most with Bloodborne and other Souls games are the kind that don't easily learn from their mistakes.
>>
File: wuFDl8n.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wuFDl8n.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>381445656
>Abhorrent Beast's aggressive as fuck attacks
>bloodletting and headless' wonky ass hitboxes, also stunning, interrupting and knocking you down just by walking into you
>>
>>381440793
They really aren't.
>just barely beat Keeper of the Old Lords after hours of trying and am now currently getting my ass handed to me by Watcher of the Old lords
Maybe change your approach? I mean Hot Dog is known to be a bother to new players but it's one of those enemies that you can learn to handle and they never touch you again.
Try watching him for a while. You can evade majority of his attacks just by walking / dodging back. Once you can identify the attacks it's just a matter of learning which ones you can safely punish and exercising some patience.
>>
>>381441778
>defiled amygdala.
TRIGGERED
>>
They weren't that bad except that one absolutely horrendous one where every enemy does fire damage and it forces half health and extreme weakness to fire on you. Jesus Christ. I platinumed the game but I'm not sure how I didn't ragequit that shit.
>>
>>381440793
They might be hard but they sure are pure trash.

Those dungeons were a mistake.
>>
The final chalice boss was such a letdown.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.