[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Magnum Opus of Gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

The Magnum Opus of Gaming
>>
File: j2_zpsjabbm4jg.jpg (58KB, 636x276px) Image search: [Google]
j2_zpsjabbm4jg.jpg
58KB, 636x276px
Back off, son.
>>
>>381432093
daggerfall and arena were better than those pieces of shit
>>
>>381432093
The Magnum Opus of Underaged Posters
>>
>>381432093
Nah, the underlying game system is deeply flawed in all of those games. They're all enjoyable and good for very specific reason, usually being the unusual scope of the world and the amount of content but they're far from being the greatest.
>>
>Magnum Opus of gaming
Includes Skyrim.
>>
>>381432659
Skyrim is better than oblivion in almost everyway. more environments, better combat thanks to dual wielding and some more interactive perks, less generic dungeons, less fedex or "do something X amount of time" quests etc
>>
>>381433123
Every single quest is go into X dungeon and get me Y. 50/50 chance it's either a Draugr dungeon or a Dwemer dungeon.
>>
>>381433210
The first part is objectively wrong, anyone who played Skyrim knows that. So everybody knows that.

Skyrim has just as many/few dungeon environment as Oblivion, the different is in the layout of dungeons themselves which make them about a 100 times less repetitive than Oblivion's dungeons which were all exactly the same (and all made by one guy using few tiles)
>>
>>381432093
A series can't be a magnum opus. You have to pick one game
>>
>>381432093
that's not what magnum opus means you dipshit
>>
>>381433210
Quests is the only single aspect Oblivion is better than Skyrim at.

And Skyrim has caves, forts, dungeons, nordic tombs, dwemer ruins, shipwrecks, towers and mines.

Oblivion has caves, ayleid ruins and oblivion portals
>>
>>381433774
>Quests is the only single aspect Oblivion is better than Skyrim at.

That's aguable, Oblivion had some cool quests but it had a bunch shitty quests too. I mean I'd rather falsify accounts and steal relics or frame people to enter the thieves guild then selling for (X) amount of gold of stolen goods then selling for (X+100) amount of gold of stolen goods etc etc

I wouldn't say one is clearly better than the other, they both had good and shitty quests to be honest.
>>
File: Blood_logo.jpg (18KB, 291x350px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_logo.jpg
18KB, 291x350px
UT2k4, Jagged Alliance 2, and Ninja Gaiden Black come close
>>
>>381434407
Give me skyrims fighting mechanics (or hell, better pls), a new engine for the love of God, morrowinds written directions (fuck quest markers and fast travel at all times available) l, morrowinds different amount of weapons and the differences in how they attack, oblivions quest writing, and skyrim/morrowinds fleshed out worlds.
>>
>>381433123
The combat is one of the worst things about skyrim. Morrowind and oblivion were already pretty dumb and straightforward but skyrim is just gimped mechanically to LITERALLY only consisting of spamming a single button while running forward
>>
>>381434718
Oblivion already has better combat than skyrim, and with mods it's even better
Deadly reflex and vanilla combat enhanced, for instance
>>
>>381433752
skyrim was todd's magnus optum
>>
>>381434906
That's completely wrong though. Combat changes depending on what weapon you're using. If you using a shield then you have to recognize when an enemy's doing a charge attack to time your block and trigger a slowmo, you also unlock a charge with shield which can knock people down.

If you're dual wielding than it's all about investing in stamina and speed to be able to use the stand still double weapon charged attack which is long but deals a huge amount of damage and can stagger.

And of course you have the same charged attacks you have in oblivion, side attacks ot hit more people, back or forward ot stun (can't remember) etc etc

And battlemage are of course much muuuuch more fun to play because of dual wielding.

No, really, it's not even close. Skyrim's combat is more interactive and more dynamic.
>>
>>381432093
more like The Magnum Pupus
>>
>>381434980
Still skilless as hell. Less boring but still results in just "hold left click till the thing is dead or you're out of resources"
>>
File: e72bcc9aff828f5e7f804a5c73190e22.jpg (617KB, 1365x1004px) Image search: [Google]
e72bcc9aff828f5e7f804a5c73190e22.jpg
617KB, 1365x1004px
>>381432093
But thats wrong. This is.
>>
File: 1468705588236.jpg (115KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1468705588236.jpg
115KB, 1023x682px
>>381433123
Did you forget that you're on /v/?

Where contrarian neckbeards who think they have "taste" rule the day. Take those sensible opinions elseweyr.
>>
>>381435701
P2 is better anyway.
>>
>>381433774
And Oblivion still manages to have higher enemy variety.
>>
File: Winterhold_irl.png (221KB, 852x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Winterhold_irl.png
221KB, 852x1442px
>>381432093
>>381433210
Nuff said.
>>
>>381435968
Does it really though? By how much? One?
>>
>>381433123
>more environments
everywhere in skyrim is just snowy mountains
>>
>>381436573
Mate, the first city isnt even on a mountain or an area with snow what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>381435857
>that gameplay
>better

P2 should have been a two cour anime
>>
File: skyrim-14.jpg (173KB, 625x437px) Image search: [Google]
skyrim-14.jpg
173KB, 625x437px
>>381436573
No.
>>
>>381434718
What I never got about people complaining about fast travel is just don't use it if you don't want to. Quest markers I get, but shit fast travel is a optional thing. Just don't do it
>>
>>381437325
Map is missing those two cities that start with M or whatever
>>
>>381437747
No, fast traveling fucks with quest design. Small quests are spread out across the entire continent for no God damn reason. In Morrowind or Gothic if a quest takes place on the other side of the map, it's because the quest intends for you to make a journey as opposed to the other 75% of quests where they're all contained locally. It's one of the most important features leading to immersion, which is why games like mw, Gothic, and stalker are called highly immersive
>>
Try "Trifecta" next time, you numpty
>>
>>381437963
You can't fast travel to a place you haven't been yet though, so you've been on the journey one way or another. Skyrim and oblivion quests are also designed to make you walk a specific path, just like Morrowind.

And Morrowind also had fast travel, just a slightly more limited one but you could use the giant bugs, the boats and the spells that teleports you to the nearest temples + the spells that let you teleport to wherever you had last cast the marking spell.

It's pretty much the same, just slightly less convenient.
>>
>>381438560
>oblivion and skyrim quests are designed to make you walk a specific path
Wrong, they just simply aren't
>>
>>381438645
I don't know what say, you really haven't paid much attention if you haven't realized that very obvious fact.
>>
>>381439136
Oblivion and skyrim quests are designed for you to fast travel from one point to a other. I've played over a thousand hours between the two games and this is really unmistakable
>>
>>381439228
Mate, the main quest literally take you on a tourist tour of Skyrim and its big cities, it's always the same thing, you follow the main quest, on your way to a big city you find a the small village in-between, which will give you some quests that will make you explore its immediate surrounding, then you proceed to a big city, in which you'll get slightly bigger/longer quests which will make you explore its immediate surroundings and then you'll further the main quest which will point you towards another big city. Rince and repeat.

Yes, sometime it takes you elsewhere for a brief moment but then you're back on track to [next big city] and if you follow the natural flow of the quests you'll eventually go everywhere without needing much fast travel.

I mean it's painfully obvious
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.