[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me on the right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

Hang in there F-zero bros. Miracles happen.
>>
JUST PUT GX ON THE SWITCH

IT'S NOT THAT HARD NINTENDO
>>
>>381431289
Honestly, the gameplay can not be improved. F-zero GX is one of the very, very few games that could be considered perfect for what it is.
>>
Metroid was never dead. Some people pretended it was because of a couple sub-par games, while others do so because Nintendo acknowledged Samus is an attractive woman. Both are invalid points as the series has still had a consistent stream of releases since 2002 and that's a fact.

Meanwhile the last F-Zero was a GBA game in 2004 that didn't even release outside Japan. Their situations are not comparable at all.
>>
>>381431005

>tfw Custom Robofag

It's even bleaker.
>>
>>381431814
Prime 3 was in 2007
Other m in 2010
Federation force in 2016
Not counting federation force, because federation force, it's been 7 years since the last metroid game and 10 since the last good one.
>>
>>381432491
You could also go a step farther with Zero Mission in 2004 making it 13 years since the last 2D Metroid.
>>
>>381432491
Meanwhile F-Zero is approaching fifteen years with nothing.

>games I don't like don't count
And this is what I mean. You're spoiled enough that you can discount games you don't care for and still have a shorter time frame than the last F-Zero. They were never in the same ball park. Metroid is closer to Star Fox's situation than F-Zero.
>>
>>381431814
>>381432867
For what its worth, Nintendo did approach Criterion to make a new F-Zero. So they do think about it sometimes.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/23/burnout-dev-criterion-nearly-made-a-wii-u-f-zero-game
>>
>>381432867
>games I don't like don't count
A clear, objectively, non-arguable spin off game, was never meant to be part and or perceived as part of the main series. When the last metroid game came out, i was 17, when the last good metroid game came out, i was 14.
I don't count hyrule warriors as a zelda game either, sorry that i'm so spoiled.
>>
File: 1451354746757.jpg (109KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
1451354746757.jpg
109KB, 600x751px
>Kirby and Fire Emblem games every year
>Yoshi games every other year
>Metroid, Star Fox and F-Zero have to wait 10 years at a time and even then the game might be terrible
>>
>>381433348
>star fox zero actually exist and is not some kind of sick joke or nightmare
I know this "X series is dead" phrase gets tossed a lot, but i don't see how star fox could possibly recover after star fox zero.
>>
>>381431289
I don't think the switch can even run GX
>>
File: bait.gif (561KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
561KB, 625x626px
>>381433579
>>
>>381433579
I semi-ironically believe that the wii would have fps drops if it tried to play f-zero gx in the non-gc mode
>>
>>381433348
Metroid will become mainstay if Prime 4 sells well.
Which it will because of the 10 year hype.
>>
>>381433725
Then I guess you are semi-retarded.
>>
SAY IT WITH ME

I BELIEVE
>>
>>381433796
>>
>>381433348
Kirby is really oversaturated at this point. It doesn't help that even the Switch game is another RtDL clone.
Nobody asked for the Yoshi WW rehash either. But I guess the game was quite expensive to make and they had to use its assets more somehow.
>>
File: 1488130173373.jpg (60KB, 350x382px) Image search: [Google]
1488130173373.jpg
60KB, 350x382px
>>381432867
>F-zero gets nothing
>Had a nintendoland mini-game
Please play that for now and be patient as we try to think of how to innovate the franchise!
How hard is it to just use GX, make their own new levels, tack MP on and fucking throw it at us like the desperate chumps we are?
>>
File: hallabs.png (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hallabs.png
33KB, 300x300px
>>381433348
Kirby and Fire Emblem have entire game companies backing them up.

Come back when "The F-Zero Company" is formed.
>>
Doesn't Sega own the rights for GX?
>>
In its first 2 years alone, the Switch is getting:

Mainline Zelda
Mainline Mario
Mainline Pokemon
Mario Kart
Mainline FE
FE Mousou
Metroid Prime
Xenoblade
Mainline Kirby
Yoshi
Splatoon
Pikmin

They're blowing their load so early that there has never been a better time for their niche IPs to get games down the line.
>>
>>381431005
The Other M Varia is awful looking
>>
>>381433146
Fzero has the same problem Metroid has in that since they restructured all of their developers back in the early 2000's, there's simply no teams available to make new entries.
And there just aren't many 3rd party devs competent enough to make a new Fzero anymore.
Maybe the Mario kart team can make a new one now that they don't have to constantly be shitting out new Mario kart games for every single new Nintendo system.
>>
>>381434175
>Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero are all first party nintendo IPs
>>
>>381433460
Zero was fine. Assault was fine. Star Fox is a dead series because Star Fox fans just want to play 64 forever.
>>
>>381434436
But as >>381434412 noted, there's no teams available to make new games for those series, unlike with Kirby and Fire Emblem.

It's why I really hope MP4 is being developed by an new internal EPD team, so the series can finally have a consistent developer again, rather than having to constantly seek the help of outside studios over and over.
>>
>>381434527
>Zero was fine
No.
>>
File: 5I486315.gif (109KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
5I486315.gif
109KB, 256x192px
>Nintendo's main franchises that aren't Zelda and Mario and the 3DS mii shit are no longer developed by Nintendo's inhouse dev team anymore
>/v/ is somehow okay with this
>>
>>381434632
>splatoon
>animal crossing
>pikmin
>arms

these are still made in-house
>>
>>381434365
Prime isn't coming next year
they updated that article after a Nintendo rep reiterated both Metroid and Pokemon are TBA
>>
>>381434697
>new shit

Notice how I said main franchises. Anything starting on the GC up is new shit.

Animal Crossing is older than all of those though since it was developed for the 64DD but it's still newer than what made Nintendo big.
>>
>>381431005
You're metroid?
>>
>>381434632
I'd rather them be outsourced given the results of the Prime Trilogy and GX compared to Star Fox Zero
>>
I just want Kid Icarus.
>>
>>381434019
How the fuck is it a rehash of WW? WW was a sequel to Island, this new thing plays nothing like it.
>>
>>381433348
>HAL is the ones who keep pushing Kirby games since they don't have a lot of IPs taht are still alive (Itoi finished Mother series once HAL got control with Mother 3; BoxBoy finished after 3 games; Lololo's puzzle games didn't make it outside the NES era); Fire Emblem's have more IPs, but I don't think they will ever bother on reviving them.
>Yoshi is a branch to the Mario Bros series, so it's normal to see it having sequels for each system, since other branches like Wrecking Crew are dead.
>Metroid's case was fault of it's creator; StarFox always get cucked with Mario and TLoZ, not to mention that Sci-Fi isn't that popular as before, so devs don't try to push it yet.

F-Zero issue is the one that makes me angry since they have said that F-Zero haven't got a sequel because they don't like the current controllers for the sequell. They already have everything planned for a sequel, but they just won't bother until they launch a console with controllers that could fit.
>>
>>381434106
Because as much as /v/ wants to deny it, Miyamoto and Nintendo as a whole really don't want to rehash. They let some teams do it for easy money, like NSMB and Kirby, but evwn those try to keep adding new things and gimmicks.
>>
>>381434365
That's not really proof of anything. Nothing is stopping them from just making more of those games and ignoring their other IPs (except the inevitable Smash). Kirby and FE in particular shit out games like nothing. Somehow Yoshi seems to be following in their footsteps. Zelda generally gets two games per console. Pikmin and Mario are no stranger to this either. Metroid Prime is prime sequel material if it does well. As is Xenoblade. Mario Kart is a port and will obviously get an actual Switch game down the road. And there's no way Pokemon is releasing before than holiday 2019 if they're still planning development.

Not saying niche series being revived won't happen, but it's too early to be expecting it and this isn't a good indicator.
>>
>>381434412
The Mario Kart team made, and is now working to keep adding to, ARMS.
>>
>>381431289
>no analog triggers
>>
>>381435378
>Miyamoto and Nintendo as a whole really don't want to rehash
>>
>>381435562
Delete this...
>>
>>381435562
>game everyone bitches about the DIFFERENT controls for and the DIFFERENT vehicles for is a rehash
No, my man. Only the story, which is unimportant to Ninty.
>>
>>381435168
Just look at it. It's YWW with a dual planes gimmick.
And they probably recycled 90% of the textures.
>>
>>381435562
You proved him right. Smooth.
>>
>>381435562
ALL the fucking complaints about this game is what they changed and added

PROVE ME WRONG
>>
>>381435702
people bitched about it looking terrible, being 3 hours long and being star fox 64 just as much as they did about the controls being shit
>>
>>381435562
Anon...
>>
>>381435751
I did. The gameplay and stage design is nothing like WW. That game was up there with YI, this new game looks like a Sesame Street game. There are barely any enemies in entire levels.
>>
>>381435835
So how does that make it a rehash in light of the post you quoted?

Also, 64 is 2 hours long, that was always a dumb complaint.
>>
>>381435513
>motion controls
>>
>>381433460
Who cares, Kid Icarus was a better star fox game than star fox ever was.

Star Fox is a mediocre franchise with one good game that get some overhyped because of Smash babies
>>
>>381435430
Kirby and FE will obviously get more games.
Yoshi, not likely.
Zelda could get a 2D game, a mousou and a remake but they won't make another BoTW Tier game this gen. Same for Mario.
Metroid, who knows, we don't even know the studio.
Pikmin could get a sequel.
Xenoblade probably won't get other games.
Mario Kart 9 I don't think will be on Switch.
Pokemon will get at least 4/5 sets of games as usual.
Practically guaranteed are Smash, AC and Paper Mario.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.