[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm glad that we can all agree that MHFU is the best MonHun game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 16

File: Game_Cover-MHFU_US.jpg (283KB, 640x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Game_Cover-MHFU_US.jpg
283KB, 640x1102px
I'm glad that we can all agree that MHFU is the best MonHun game.
>>
>>381429906
Yes, so far. 4u a close second.
>>
It's undisbutable really. Honorable mentions go to MHP3rd and MH4U.
>>
I can't take any Tribabby seriously when they complain about world's casualization.
Seriously, the first Kutku encounter in MHFU is almost equivalent to g rank raths in later games.
>>
>>381430019
>4u
It's a big game
>>
Never owned a PSP but love Monster Hunter. What made it good? Is it worth emulating?
>>
>>381429906
Clawed my way through this shit. I sometimes look at my long gone friends' guild cards and reminisce.
>>
>>381430186

Extremely tough but (mostly) fair gameplay, enormous variety of zones & monsters
>>
MHW will be the best MonHun game.
>>
Is FU a good starting point in the series?
>>
>>381430398

Only if you can find people to play it with
>>
>worst starting zone
>some seriously janky hitboxes
>UI looks like complete ass

Yeah, nah.
>>
It's definitely one of the best MH games up there and it's definitely a main contender for top MH game.

But the game starts to really give you some shitty things to deal with just because it can.

Like that dual green plesioth grank mission in the jungle.

Fuck.that.bullshit.mission.

A sadist made that mission.
>>
>>381430681

HIP CHECK
>>
>>381430797

>mfw they fuck off to the tiny part of the river area instead of the more open area
>mfw they almost never separate
>mfw fighting one and the other does the sleep attack while its coming out of the water
>no terrain to hide behind for the most part on either portion of the map
>the smaller part of the map has that shitty jungle tree bullshit going on as well

Seriously, just fuck the jungle map in unite entirely, holy fuck that map is terrible.
>>
>>381429906
>>381430349
I don't know if I want Elder Dragons to run away like FU in World.
Sure it made them even more super badass, but it really killed the flow having to fight the same thing 4 times just to kill it once.

So Debate
Elder Dragons run like FU
Elder Dragons get killed in one fight like 4U
>>
I just really wish you could make the UI in XX smaller.

Or just add more boxes on the lower screen.
I need my map, health bar, digital d-pad to move the camera because that second analog stick on the N3DS sucks big fat donkey dicks.

I hope MHW, which I will try atleast before I judge it off as a giant piece of casualised shit that Crapcum seems to spew out lately, has some customizable UI.
>>
>>381430186
no

just play 3U and 4U, both are better than FU's bullshit monsters and laughably bad hitboxes
>>
>>381429906
It was a great game.
I'm really hoping XX on Switch lives up to the PSP hunting days of old.
>>
>>381431028

Have you considered gitting gud?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_RuaDNHRQ8
>>
>>381431426

I'm not saying this shit is impossible.

I beat the mission.

I'm just saying that shit was incredibly terrible and annoying.
>>
FU was the peak of the series. Everything they've added since is nothing but gimmicky crap.
>>
>>381430467
>Was my first MonHun game, picked it up cause it looked interesting
>Hear later that people partied up for the more difficult hunts
I played it solo only and still liked it desu. Nargacuga was my most hated monster and loved killing it in G-ranks.
>>
>>381431626
3U is better simply because it has better hitbox

>But muh difficulty

I do agree that the attacks power of monsters was nerfed but people like
>>381430074 are delusional and probably started the serie with freedom unite.
>>
File: rosecolorglass1.jpg (85KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
rosecolorglass1.jpg
85KB, 500x375px
>>381429906
Here ya go op!
O-oh you already have a pair, s-sorry...
>>
Yes, but which monhun is the most fun to play?
4u, easily
>>
>>381432089
I dunno, I can play FU on PC and with a controller.
playing too much 4u or gen fucks up my neck.
>>
>>381432084
Nah, not the case this time. Nice try
>>
>>381432218
>Monsters have worse AI and hitboxes in MHFU and artificially inflated numbers to make them "difficult"

You sure?
>>
File: 229070680.jpg (2MB, 1414x2000px) Image search: [Google]
229070680.jpg
2MB, 1414x2000px
>>381430020
This guy understands it.

FU was a masterpiece for it's time, it feels dated now because of the controls/hitboxes and all the other improvements made from each gen.

But those hunting days were some of the best. Even tops the original Monster Hunter times, and that's saying something because that's one of my favourite memories on PS2.
>>
Content wise? Yes.
Gameplay wise? No.
>>
Capcom can go fuck themselves with their shit series. Abandoning their audience for the casual consolefags shows how little of a shit they give.
>>
All these games are trash

>hey hit this damage sponge for 15 minutes, SO fun right?
>>
>>381432815
they have the same amount of monsters, plus 4U has frenzy and armors and weapons for monsters that weren't even in that game
>>
>>381432873
>abandoning their audience
Since when? If anything it's the other way around, a true fan follows the series wherever it goes.
>>
>>381432873

I've had it with salty switchfags.

You guys are quickly becoming the most cancerous community on /v/.

Just play the damn game on PC.
>>
>>381432502
AI that's been improved over time and difficulty that's been lowered somehow make older games even worse?
While I hate having to fight Elder Dragons multiple times, that feeling of acomplishment when you win is great. Killing Kushala Daora in the first fight I had with it in 4U was a bit of a let down.
>>
File: 1498136547860.png (76KB, 683x758px) Image search: [Google]
1498136547860.png
76KB, 683x758px
Mainline killed itself when they chose not to rehash 3U.
>>
>>381433091
you can derive the feeling of accomplishment from literally anything, difficulty doesn't make a good game, not the best game
>>
>>381433091
A majority of the elder dragons in MHFU were hot garbage though

>Fatalis trio: Turning and tapping you did way more health than need be, with a cheap ass armor mode on 2 of them. They were very boring to fight and baby mode when you got a gun lance that was good.

>Yama/shen gaoren/lao shan: If I honestly need to tell you why these were bad, those glasses are definitely on.

>Chameleos: This thing was so bland and boring

>Lunastra and Teostra: Lunastra was a literal blue skin and teostra was improved in 4U.

>Kirin: Sucks ass in both, don't worry.

>Kushala: Only one that's not shit

Let's not even mention some monsters.

>Rathalos: THE WORST AI IN THE SERIES. Fucking awful to fight without flash bombs, you'll fall asleep waiting for him to get down.

>Tigrex: Artificial difficulty with bullshit hitboxes and unbelievable damage. The poster boy for artificial difficulty.

>Narga: You get a pass

>The rest: Literal who's that're either scrapped, babby ez or improved in MH4U

Don't get me wrong I loved MHFU but goddamn it was not that fucking good, seriously.
>>
Is it better than P3rd?

Me and my friend started this but then ditched it in favor of 3rd, since I heard it's more suitable for co-op.
>>
>>381433841
Tigrex was stupidly hard in FU
Then when you fight him in 4U its like he's been turned into a kitten
>>
>>381433864
It's harder than P3rd, not just because of slightly wonky hitboxes but there's G Rank too which is a level above P3rd endgame.

I'd say P3rd is a better starting point, but definitely go back and try FU if you want some more MH.
>>
>>381433864
Yes. P3rd is basically baby mode, you can take 100 hits and still not be in danger of dying
>>
>>381434015
This is a problem with his AI being basic, which proves my point.
He was only difficult because of increased numbers and shit hitboxes.
>>
>>381434015
>Tigrex was stupidly hard in FU
He's the easiest thing in the game if you use a Greatsword
>>
>>381433864
P3rd had better hitboxes and has a fatigue status effect for monsters that, combined with easier and slightly slower monsters and the option to have 2 felyne comrades in a mission, was really easy compared to the other games

imo it's better than MHFU because it's not too difficult that you'd give up on it halfway through, like if you fuck up at least you'd know it was because of not being able to dodge a monster's charge, not that because you didn't bring enough flashbangs or have enough shit to last an hour fighting or failed the quest because the fucker never TOUCHED THE GROUND

MHFU is fucking hard because monsters have batshit insane attacks and always have a hateboner for you and that they don't get fatigued, which makes fights really damn long, with some of the weapons being virtually useless unless you were with 3 other people
>>
>>381430467
Nah, solo is the most pure experience, back in the day you couldn't go online on the PSP, playing it solo is the best and most pure Monster Hunter experience you could ever get out of the series
>>
File: 1390939323662.png (37KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1390939323662.png
37KB, 800x800px
>>381429906
As much as I love FU, it now feels severely outdated and can't really be considered the best in anything other the sheer amount of content. The difficulty mostly came from the awful hitboxes, like Plesioth's hipcheck, and some other cheap attacks.

Overall, I prefer Tri for the atmosphere, top tier monster designs and improved hitboxes. I also enjoyed the underwater combat, but that needed more tweaking and polish to truly shine. It's a shame the newer games keep adding more anime shit instead of just building on what Tri tried to do.
>>
>>381435704
I miss water combat. It added some good variety
>>
yes
just wish it had P3rds movesets
>>
>>381430074
Really? We're talking about Yian Kut Ku right? I grinded for a complete set of Giadrome armor before fighting it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>381435704
>It's a shame the newer games keep adding more anime shit instead of just building on what Tri tried to do.
Pseudorealism has always been the bottleneck of the main series and 4thGen took the correct path by ditching it entirely in order to evolve.
>>
>>381429906
WHY ISN'T THIS GAME ON ANDROID FUCK I WANT TO PLAY IT SO BAD
>>
>>381436342
Evolve into what? What long time series fan can with a straight face claim that post 3U games are the best in the series, be it 4gen or Gen/X/XX?

Since Tri the series has only stagnated and muddied the water not to mention that 3rd gen itself is like the Wrath expansion of WoW, some pretty good shit but also the start of the end with trash gimmicks that will become a staple for a series with an identity crisis like underwater combat or god damn fucking Charms (that World is thankfully cutting).
>>
>>381436682
That's what PPSSPP is for
>>
>>381437093
What a retarded name for an emulator.
>>
>>381437093
It's not the same.
>>
What does freedom unite has that 4u doesnt though? I could argue that 3u would be better because it has different monsters and underwater combat, but 4u has most of the freedom unite stuff and more.
>>
>>381429906
Portable 3rd was better desu
>>
I always see people call it out for having bad hitboxes, and nobody seems to deny that.
How can the game be considered good if it has fucked up hitboxes?
>>
Am I the only one that really loves Generations? I haven't played very much yet but being able to hold down the gather button has transformed my enjoyment of the series. In addition the hunter arts are pretty slick and gives variety to combat
>>
>>381437552
I love Gen for the Monster roster and while arts upset the balance of things, I do find them really fun. I think it's a good example of sacrificing challenge for the sake of having fun.
>>
>>381437552
the styles and arts have made me enjoy weapons I almost never use normally.
>>
File: autism.jpg (71KB, 652x482px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
71KB, 652x482px
>>381437552
I enjoy it a lot.
>>
>>381437552
I do enjoy the game, especially how it felt like it cut a lot of the fat from 4G, but I think that the arts should be tuned a bit.

Some weapons are just ridiculously strong, such as most fast adept weapons, while other weapons have such shit arts that they are restricted to mostly one style.

I guess some people hate that the cartoon over the top style some of the moves are now, but I don't really mind as long as the combat is actually fun.
>>
>>381430312
>Extremely
Wrong.
>>
>>381437552
If you didn't care for or enjoy the series as much before Gen then that says it all. It's forgivable (or even enjoyable if that's your thing) as a one off more arcade-y and flashy spin-off by the B team but it's not what the series was, is or should be.
>>
>>381438050
hunting horn got shafted real bad
>>
>>381430681
At that point I gave up in trying to complete every mission
>>
>>381431325
It had some good moments.
One of my fondest memories of FU was my first Kushala Daora kill, I charged with the Lance through his entire length and his tail exploded, and so did he.

It was also pretty cool how they retained the broken parts.
>>
>>381433841
I agree on the Lao-Shan part, but is Yama that bad? I'd include Shen too, but between okay meleeing (working your way through the legs) and shitty gunning (just stand and shoot and don't forget your heroics) I have to concede.
Also call me crazy but I started to love Rathalos flying up when I started GSing him.
>>
>>381439056
That's just called being crazy
>>
>>381437253
I know, it's better
>>
>>381438425
And gunlance. I hoped the adept one would feel like the old counter lancing from Tri, but it's just an even more rubbish version of the 4u counter.
>>
>>381438409
To be honest I haven't played much beyond FU on PSP and Generations. I only started playing last year as a result of picking up a cheap Vita and having the game in my library from PS+. I enjoyed FU as an introduction to the world but Generations just feels so much smoother in every way. Stuff like lock-on, different styles/arts, combat flow, gathering, everything feels better.

I mean fucking god damn how have people tolerated having to jam on the gather button multiple times all these years?

Granted, my opinion is probably invalid to everyone here because I haven't progressed past 2-star missions and can't participate in the endgame, but I'm loving what I played so far. So carry on with shitposting about how fucking casual I am and how I don't deserve to have an opinion etc
>>
>>381439150
FREE CHARGES for no effort ever. You turn what drove you nuts into a moment of respite (stand under him, heal up, sharpen if it's world tour and get a tasty crit on head/wings).
>>
>>381439445
I still mash A out of habit
>>
>>381436920
>What long time series fan can with a straight face claim that post 3U games are the best in the series, be it 4gen or Gen/X/XX?
The ones who aren't tryhards.
>>
>>381439730
Yeah but that's all it is, habit. The quality of life improvements in Gen are outstanding
>>
>>381435704
>instead of just building on what Tri tried to do.
...so adding anime shit.
>>
File: 1376678809804.jpg (47KB, 226x199px) Image search: [Google]
1376678809804.jpg
47KB, 226x199px
>>381439445
>Granted, my opinion is probably invalid to everyone here because I haven't progressed past 2-star missions
So essentially your experience with MH is limited to what amounts to the tutorial? And what? You expect people to care about what you think of the series or where it should go and passive aggressively resent people for saying you don't know what you are talking about?

Do you yourself consider your own input as valid or important to a series you, once again, have barely dipped your tows into? This is some feels over reals tier backwards ass thinking.
>>
>>381438050
>I guess some people hate that the cartoon over the top style some of the moves are now
Then they should take glasses, outside a few weapons like LS and gunlance arts are mostly "move X but with longer range/charge time/effective time".

I mean like the hammer tornado, it's effectively just 2 charged R spins stuck together. GS counter is the supercharge but charges even longer.
>>
File: 1483587080351.gif (168KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
1483587080351.gif
168KB, 500x588px
>2excite for World
>start a new character in XX to pass a small part of the full year left to wait (including inevitable delay)
>entire time playing just spent wishing I was playing World instead

Why must I suffer like this
>>
>>381439850
What "anime shit" was added in Tri? The only new features were underwater combat and the Switch Axe, as far as mechanics go everything else was just refining the old formula like making the hitboxes actually match the monster model.
>>
File: 1327378733849.jpg (68KB, 550x502px) Image search: [Google]
1327378733849.jpg
68KB, 550x502px
>>381440238
>starts playing mhw eventually
>spend entire time wishing he had a switch so he could play HD XX with a proper controller and voice chat with qt nip girls that speak broken english and laugh at all his monhun jokes
you know it's coming
>>
>>381440471
>What "anime shit" was added in ____? The only new features were ____ and the _____, as far as mechanics go everything else was just refining the old formula like _____
>>
Anybody have an English-patched download of P3rd HD?
>>
>>381429906
p3rd > FU > 3U > 4U > Gen
>>
It was the most challenging and overall created the best experience I've had in any MH. There was an actual sense that me and my friends could lose a quest. Me and my roommate have played together since the PS2 days and after FU actually failing a quest is an almost null occurrence. Part of it is obviously experience with the series, but overall the games became more forgiving. That isn't inherently a flaw but it does make the experience more menial and by the numbers instead of feeling like a rollercoaster of exciting battles.
>>
>>381441489
i do.
>>
>>381441827
Can you share it, please?
>>
>>381429906
PLESIOTH
L
E
S
I
O
T
H
>>
>>381441098
>>
File: 1481488200379.jpg (2MB, 2537x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1481488200379.jpg
2MB, 2537x1140px
>>381442401
>>
File: 1496015390231.png (247KB, 570x668px) Image search: [Google]
1496015390231.png
247KB, 570x668px
>>381439850
>MH wasn't anime before
>Switch Axe is anime
>>
>>381439958
No, I don't expect people to care. I'm just expressing my interest in a series I've come to love playing. Isn't that what we're all doing? I don't think I'm passive-aggressively hating on people for liking different things or feel that my opinion is more important than others. If you got that impression it want my intention. I enjoy what I've played and want others to enjoy the games as well. Maybe in time as my experience deepens I'll change how I feel about the game, but right now the quality of life improvements in Gen make it a great experience and a wonderful starting point for people in my opinion, much better than FU. I feel a good starting experience is critical to player retention and wanted to chime in on that matter. Maybe the end game in FU is better, but if you don't enjoy the first 50 hours of tutorial as much then you'll never make it there. That's the only perspective I'm trying to provide
>>
>>381438627
Kushala Daora is my favorite monster to fight, I know the aura is annoying but I just poison him and get done with it
>that ice breath noise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=invsEETiitg
>>
>the new monster hunter games suck because they have vastly improved hitboxes
>mhfu is the best game as a result because i love losing 90% of my health 8ft away from the monsters
o wew lad
>>
It's the worst "good" monster Hunter game, no amount of nostalgia will change that
>>
>>381430020
MH3U is objectively superior to MHP3rd, though. I feel that most people hype it to the moon because it's possible to emulate on PC, unlike MH3U and MH4U.
>>
>>381430398
Don't do it to yourself, anon. It's super fucking hard to the point where you're just going to get buried by the early game difficulty. Just play the later ones, they're going to be more fun and you'll learn more about the systems before having to fight the early skill test monsters like rathian.
>>
File: 1438297009201.jpg (15KB, 381x424px) Image search: [Google]
1438297009201.jpg
15KB, 381x424px
>>381429906
No. Portable 3rd is.
>>
>>381443046
t. pcbro
>>
>>381443067
>having hd version is bad
Nah.
>>
>>381443179
Not having played MH3U/4U and then shitting on them because they're unavailable to you is what's bad. MHP3rd isn't even the most up-to-date game in the third generation.
>>
The hitboxes are absolute garbage though. And it's grindy like a Korean MMO. But I guess that's the appeal of MH.
>>
>>381443373
Yeah nintendo always has best versions baby.
>>
>>381437363
Artificial difficulty and the bragging rights that comes with it. MH4U has significantly more content and large monsters than MHFU. It's likely just a case of people emulating the games on PC and deluding themselves into thinking the rest of the series sucks or is worse than what they can play on their platform.
>>
>>381440126
my gripe with those attacks that they are too flashy, having too many colorful sparkles coming out of the hits.

Dark Souls 3 done it better. You got weapon arts that have some weight behind the moves but doesn't look like a firework when executing them. Monster Hunter can really learn a few things from that game.
>>
>>381443747
3U is definitely better than P3rd.
>99% of the content from P3rd
>large amount of new monsters and plenty of returning ones from gen 1 and 2 not seen in P3rd
>underwater combat and exploration
>g-rank
>>
>>381437363
You can play it on PC
At a High Resolution
With a Controller of your choice
and it still has multiplayer

PPSSPP is a great emulator.
>>
>I never played 4U
Good to know, OP.
>>
>>381443373
And the Nintenigger outs himself again.
>>
I've not really played any monster hunter games, but the recent Worlds trailer got me a bit interested

Should I play this on PPSSPP? Is there a way to play it online?

If yes, anyone want to play?

I'm not completely inexperienced. I played Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
>>
Can I port my PSP save to PPSSPP?
I don't want to have to kill Tigrex again
>>
Is there a way to play the online missions of Tri on dolphin emulator?
>>
>>381444356
Yes, this is what I did. You can even port the downloaded quests.
>>
>>381444194
Don't worry, you'll get to play those games in 6 years when playable 3DS emulation is a thing, and then you'll agree that they're the better games.
>>
>>381445103
Yeah maybe they will be playable when they are not on a shitty screen
>>
>>381445302
BTFO
>>
>>381444238
MHFU is not worth playing, if you are looking for the MH "experience" play 3u or 4u
>>
>>381443825
Yes MH always had hitsparks.
>>
>>381441967
just go to the op in /vg/, they have it and a link fro ppsspp
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.