[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the /v/erdict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: subnaut.jpg (2MB, 2838x1683px) Image search: [Google]
subnaut.jpg
2MB, 2838x1683px
What's the /v/erdict?
>>
>>381428030
Excellent, but at this point wait until it comes out of Early Access.
>>
>>381428030
There's no waifus except for the Sea Emperor, so it's shit.
>>
>>381428030
It will actually come out of early access soon so that alone makes it better than 99% of EA titles.
>>
>>381428030

Never got it to work once no matter what patch, the save files would instantly corrupt.
Not that it matters anyway because Unknown Worlds simply proven they're absolutely shit at game dev forever.
>>
I don't play games with water levels
>>
>>381428609
I assume you're a casual who couldn't handle NS2?
>>
>>381428674

Show me someone who actually likes NS2 though.
Even the few you can find playing it are salty as fuck, and never go into competitive games.
>>
>>381428651
Well you're in luck then.
It's a world, not a level.
>>
>>381428756
I don't play games with scary sea creatures

is this game worth playing if you don't have VR headset?
>>
>>381428319
Does it still have the pop-in and performance problems?
>>
>>381429019
Yes but like >>381428319 said you might as well wait till it is out of early access.
Every few updates ends up reseting all your shit so you have to start again.
>>
>>381428537
>soon
You said the same thing one year ago
>>
>>381429297
What?

They themselves said that the update that came yesterday is second to last and that the next update will come in september which will wrap up the story and push it out of early access.
>>
>>381429025
>Does it still have the pop-in and performance problems?

Of course it does. Optimization is literally the last thing devs do prior to release. They're still adding content at the minute.
>>
>>381428752
>Show me someone who actually likes NS2 though.

I always liked it. The game's biggest flaw was that the skill ceiling was too high and it scared people away when some elements of the community crushed new players on free weekends.
>>
It's a good game but constantly managing your water/food/etc. gets annoying
>>
It became worse with each update. Such as the cyclops update. Performance is still awful and bugs like your base being rendered across the map still exist. Also awful lore excuses to not even give you a multi purpose spear gun
>Could fish
>Could use it to cling to higher places
>>
It's not great but it's alright. good for a few hours, maybe more if you enjoy survival games.
>>
>>381430112
>Also awful lore excuses to not even give you a multi purpose spear gun

I've got to admit that it's just getting annoying at this point. Exploring the ocean is just too stressful for me to handle now that the Cyclops isn't invulnerable. I fucking hate that one autistic developer who can't handle the idea of players being able to fight back against his pet monstrosities.
>>
>>381428030
Played it in January 2016, and then 1 year later in Jan 2017.

The game really got improved a lot, but still it has shitty optimization and lacked half the content. So unless you absolutely crave for underwater games, you should wait until next year probably, it should be great by then.
>>
>>381429025
just tried it literally an hour ago because i was asking myself the same question

the answer is: yes
it still runs like shit, very sad
>>
>>381430112
>bugs like your base being rendered across the map still exist

What the fuck. How does that even happen?
>>
>>381430461
And the pop-in? I remember playing the game like a year or so ago and grass and shit would literally only render for like 5 meters.
>>
>>381431065
Yep. Imagine, i was swimming in my newly built submarine, and then it popped inside a huge underwater ship, trapping it inside. Not only i lost the vehicle, but i had no chance to swim up with the tiny amount of oxygen i had, so i was stuck there, knowing that the only way to recover is to willingly die while trying to get up through the ventilation shaft. And after dying you lose everything you collected that session.

Fuck this, i'll play it when it's finished.
>>
>>381431419
Damn, that does sound really bad. Minor bugs are one thing but losing progress because of a glitch is fucked. I think I'll wait for the september 1.0 release too then.
>>
>>381430290
Hello shitposter.
>>
>>381430290
GIT
GUD
>>
Pretty great, I just wish there were more threats really or the creatures were more aggressive.
The only real terror is reapers honestly.

Other than I agree with >>381430461
This is the biggest flaw that I can see performance wise. Oddly enough the shit rendering makes reapers stronger LOL
>>
>>381428030
Monster design is fucking awful and not scary at all
>>
>>381432556
I don't know why would they make everything so colourful. It just kind of turn me off.

Also I don't think they can fix the optimisation issue post-launch.
>>
>>381434021
>Also I don't think they can fix the optimisation issue post-launch.

This. I mean I think it's an issue at the core of the engine, not necessarily bad optimisation and they're just postponing the issue for as long as possible.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.