[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how did your colony end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: eh.jpg (44KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
44KB, 460x215px
So how did your colony end?
>>
>>381424294
I stopped playing.
>>
>>381424294
I want to get invested in this game but I can't play for more than 10 minutes and I don't know why that is
>>
>>381424516
Because you don't like it. Cut your losses and move on friendo.
>>
>>381424516
The first few minutes tend to be annoying. Because you don't have things like beds and tables set up so your colonists get angry.
>>
>>381424294
People got mad, beat each other up, there was a fire, food spoiled, bandits wounded all colonists, my only decent doctor died, things got desperate, and I haven't logged in to try to fix them.

Basically the beginning of the end, and while in the past I thrived in these situations, playing just to have that struggle, these days minmaxing and esports spirit takes over and I just quit whenever things aren't good, knowing they won't improve much.

I want my hope and optimism back.
>>
>>381424894
That doesn't sound fun anon. Just chill and play a relaxing job. Sounds like you're making it your job.
>>
>>381425030
*Game. No idea why I put job on the first one.
>>
>>381424294
I have one going right now and I don't think I can shit the bed at this point, everything runs like a well oiled machine and I am getting to advanced for the retard raiders who dare to approach me. I failed a few times when I was still learning the game, like everybody getting rekt by a abnormal long and hot heatwave or freezing in their beds during winter, one game I just stopped playing because my favorite guy, Grub, died.

It was like this, he was my initial dude, when I did the rich explorer start, the second guy was some faggot called Possum fleeing from raiders who my man Grub saved and he thanked him by immediately becoming his rival, that fucking shithead. Things then went really well from there on and the colony grew quite a bit, except Grub and Possum had constant social fights and finally during a raid, Possum "accidentally" shot Grub in the back killing him instantly, anyway I commissioned a mausoleum with a sarcophagus for Grub, Possum made it, Grub was also my doctor btw, the art on the sarcophagus depicted the one woman that died under his care. I had Possum and his bitch wife burned in a wood building specifically made for this occasion, everyone else I shot with automated sentries, they all failed Grub and there is no colony without Grub.
>>
>>381425497
Now this is the autistic /v/ I love.
>>
Couldn't trade for some reason. Fiddled around with my mod list and now the enter screen flickers whenever time is flowing.

Rip my best colony ever. Gonna miss them.

Things I learned:
Desert is fun to play on.
Game is more fun when wood is rare.
Take it slow the first year. Do research and make bricks.
Not having a good miner can fuck you over massively
Pirate outposts have like 20 pirates. Item caches have one. Kill the one and you can claim command the turrets for easy victory.
>>
>>381424294
I got this game 2 days ago. 26 hours so far. On my 4th base (all 3 previous ones got murdered, last one by fucking deer). Doing pretty good so far except just lost 2 of my originals.
>>
One of my colonists called guts went on a rampage and killed all the others without any weapon.
Then he tried to stop a raid invasion by himself.
Almost survived the whole fight
>>
Never really looked into this game before, zero experience in the genre. Would it be decent for fucking shitter like me? Chance of a reasonable discount during the Summer Sale?
>>
>>381427670
It's certainly not as hard or complex as Dwarf fortress, so you should be fine.
>>
>>381427670
The tutorial holds your hand through the basics.
>>
>>381424294
The new patch hit and destroyed my mods. I had to make some headcanon how they went crazy/died in an attack.

which sucks, since I was uploading the whole thing on youtube
>>
File: payaya.png (258KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
payaya.png
258KB, 500x707px
>>381427830
>Dwarf fortress
>hard
pick fucking 1 faggot, the only hard part is learning the shitty UI
the game is the easiest thing in the world to cheese
>>
>>381428184
you know what I mean, the user interface is very confusing at first.
>>
>>381428184
Well playing Rimworld without wiki is pretty easy. Playing DF without wiki is fucking torture because nothing is explained properly. So DF's accessibility is in the shitter. And before you sperg out, I play both.
>>
>>381428417
havent used wiki while playing rimworld
had to read a pdf manual before even starting df
but I get his point df is not hard difficult once you learn the ui
>>
Is it demanding to run? I'll probs be playing on a shitty laptop
>>
>>381424294
The tend to end with fire in one way or another
>>
>>381429414
i have no clue about truly huge bases but should run on anything.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.