[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it finally time to buy a Switch ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 1024x300_Switch.jpg (65KB, 1024x300px) Image search: [Google]
1024x300_Switch.jpg
65KB, 1024x300px
Is it finally time to buy a Switch ?
>>
>>381423706
I think a lot of places are getting shipments next week, so not just yet.

Next week is the time.
>>
>>381423706
July 21 is the time.
>>
>>381423706
buy it to play what again
>>
>>381423885
This, /thread
>>
File: 1.gif (444KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
444KB, 500x351px
>>381423706
When Splatoon 2 comes out
>>
new model when
>>
do you think theyre going to upgrade it any time soon or should I just cop now?
>>
>>381425554
>>381425637
Do you think they might do the same shit with the 3ds and create a new switch xl SUPREME edition?

This is why I haven't bought a switch yet. And the fact that there's no game now except zelda.
>>
>>381425930
You mean what every console maker's doing now? I wouldn't discount the possibility, but if it's going to happen, it's not going to be until a few years from now.
>>
Can someone clarify, is the WiFi that bad or is this just a thing which affects a few select units?

Seen a lot of conflicting reports
>>
File: Buying a Switch.jpg (101KB, 480x448px) Image search: [Google]
Buying a Switch.jpg
101KB, 480x448px
Good luck with that
>>
>>381426115
This is the first nintendo hardware that accepts 2.5 and 5ghz wifi connections so maybe that's a key variable. I use 5ghz and it's been perfectly fine when in handheld, because I do have an ethernet adapter for a wired connection when connected to the TV.
>>
Why? What happened? Reading your post makes me think that you weren't previously ready to buy one because something was missing. So what exactly was missing and is it out now?
>>
>July 21
It'll be sold out even harder then. Buy one now while you still have a chance
>>
I bought one literally today
>>
>>381423706
Nope
>>
>>381425930
There might be a revision with bigger internal storage and battery life, but no chance the screen or the switch overall will increase in size.

It's already borderline not portable
>>
>>381423706
Come back in september.
>>
>>381425554
>>381425637

It'll probably be at least a couple years before a significant hardware revision.
>>
>>381427343

They will more likely release the supplementary computing device before they release an upgraded Switch.
>>
>>381423706
Nuh uh
>>
File: 1388001271329.png (401KB, 587x678px) Image search: [Google]
1388001271329.png
401KB, 587x678px
>>381423706
You have until july 20th to buy one, after which they will be out of stock for the rest of the year.

You have been warned.
>>
>>381427509
how long did it take for XL after 3DS?
>>
Did they fix the dock scratching the screen yet? I probably won't buy one until next year for Prime 4, but I was wondering.
>>
>>381427801
I want to know this too

also concerned over the dead pixels, sync issues and the screaming noises

I probably won't buy one until online is up and running, but I hope all this shit is sorted soon
>>
>>381427789
I didn't wait at all because I bought the xl when I first became interested in the 3ds.
>>
>>381428268
I think you watched too many crowbcat videos or something
>>
>>381427789
One year and five months, and that was just an alternate size for the same hardware. The actual revision, the New 3DS, was released after four years.
>>
>>381428268
Chill with the memes mate
>>
>>381428675

And if you consider the 3DS a revision of the DS line, which it is...
>>
>>381423970
Video games
The opposite of "cinematic experiences". You stupid Sonyqueer.
>>
Not yet, wait until December or January.
>>
>>381423706
No retard, dont make the same mistake I did. At the earliest get it when Mario comes out, but if you're smart you'll wait until next year.
>>
>>381423706
I will buy it when it becomes home console. I don't need handheld.
>>
I probably would have bought one if it were easier to find, but I'm kind of glad that it's not. Started playing my WiiU more again recently, and I feel satisfied with that.
Want to play Bomberman online though since I don't have anyone to play with, but if no one is playing, then that's one less reason for me to get a Switch.
>>
>>381423970
Fun
>>
>>381423706
Either soon if you love Splatoon 2

Early October forsure if you love Single player games.

>After Finishing Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 will be next, what a launch year.
>>
>>381430647
I'm the exact opposite, I got my PC as a home console.

A switch is nice to lie in my bed and shit.
>>
Maybe when Metroid comes out.
Not enough games to justify it yet.
>>
>>381425930
I don't think they would release a new Switch version until 2019 at the earliest.

I don't see them redesigning the joycons for at least another hardware generation, and the joycon locking functionality and size really doesn't permit use with a smaller console.

And with the Switch's resolution I don't see them releasing a Switch XL unless they also do a hardware refresh because of diminished pixel density in a larger screen.

I don't think they will release a hardware refresh until the next console generation, but it will probably have the same form factor, because the Switch is fuckin' A when it comes down to intended use.
>>
Do you think there will be a Switch XL?
>>
>>381425930
New hardware variations from Nintendo don't usually happen for a good few years after release, and even then hardware doesn't usually change beyond screen size/ battery life.

A Switch being any larger than it is wouldn't really be ideal as a portable console, and any smaller and it wouldn't properly support separate removable joycons.

Maybe we'll see a hardware refresh in 4 years like the "new 3ds" but there really weren't many games that didn't continue to have functionality with 'standard' 3ds.

Not to mention the Switch's lifespan will grow with its sales.

3DS should have died long ago, but they've continued to support it to a ridiculous extent because of how many software sales they get with major releases, because of how many millions of consoles there are in circulation.
>>
>>381434159
no
>>
>>381434483
I can see a not portable version of it happening.
>>
Yes, buy the 1 game machine.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.