[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5 hours in and I can't kill a wolf. Gothic thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Gothiccover[1].png (127KB, 315x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gothiccover[1].png
127KB, 315x400px
5 hours in and I can't kill a wolf. Gothic thread.
>>
Witcher 3 > Gothic

Deal with it
>>
You are not very good at video games.
>>
>>381419912
You need to get pants for that
>>
>>381419946
at least i'm attempting to not be a pleb. i've never played a "real" rpg before but i'm enjoying it even though i suck
>>
Wolfs are mid tier, you don't mess with them until later in the game. Just do all the social quests in the camps before trying to fight anything
>>
I prefer gothic 3 from all of the gothic games. I know people say it's bad, but I really like it. If you have the chance try it out. I think you would like it. It is my all time favorite. I think people's judgement get altered by not getting what they expected or for the terrible launch. The enchanted edition is prefect.
>>
>>381420389
combat question, does backstep have i-frames? I don't really understand how to dodge attacks, so I just learned how to chain combos forever to try to stunlock enemies.
>>
File: 1497512170757.jpg (171KB, 830x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1497512170757.jpg
171KB, 830x1062px
>find old camp
>fuck around
>find a mountain
>climb it
>Orc.png
>it chases me down
>it dies from fall damage
>i loot it's 45 damage sword
>grind a bit of strength then proceed to use it and BTFO everyone

god i fucking love it when the game has no difficulty balance
>>
>>381420579
As far as I know, no. But you can still do well timed dodges like In dark souls, just here it is much harder. Try to learn the combat very well, or cheese with a bow as much as you can.
>>
>>381420579
>dodging
Just keep spamming A and D (depending on your key bindings, hit left and hit right) and since you, the player have a bigger reach than most monsters and people you'd keep dealing damage without them even getting close to you

that's how i finished the game
>>
The best feeling in gothic games when you defeat a powerful foe early on with your tactics and being smart, and became OP for it for some parts of the game. I remember finding a dragon in a cave under a city with full of riches, I killed it with bow very hardly, but when I did, it was so satisfying. (This was in gothic 3)
>>
>>381419912
lol, he tried to do the trip alone
>>
>>381420874
You mean those tiny degenerate weird things that were for some reason called 'Dragon'?
>>
>>381420579
>does backstep have i-frames?
it does in gothic 2. not sure about gothic 1.
i never used parry against humans either in g1, only in g2 - in g1 it is so easy to become stupid OP by getting the first one-hand fighting style upgrade and just dumping your remaining LP in strength that it really isnt necessary to figure out intricate combat tactics.
>>
>>381420874
>playing smart
>such tactics
>wew
>just fuckin cheeses with a bow
brah
>>
>>381419912
wolves are mid tier enemies in gothic 1, they aren't pushovers like in most RPGs
>>
>>381419912

Just do fetch quests until you can join a camp and have enough currency to aquire skill profession. i went with the weeddudelmao and had an easy start since their magic is gamebreaking in the firts part of the game.
>>
You gotta time your attacks and chain them into combos, nigga. It's not casualsouls, you can't just mash X until everything dies
>>
>>381421123
>bow
laughingskeletons.jpeg
>>
>>381419912
gothic franchise is a casualfilter desu.
>>
>>381420389
don't worry pham it'll get better
>>
TFW almost everyone from Sect became Seekers
>>
>>381423023
>you can't just mash X until everything dies
>>381420687
>spamming A and D

who is correct
>>
>>381419939
fpbp
>>
>>381424735
"spamming A and D" means alternating between left/right side swings. these dont move you towards your enemy and can be chained into each other quickly if you get the timing right.

it works well against some monsters, especially those who will not strafe around you. it's pretty much useless when fighting multiple enemies though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.