[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is blizzard so dumb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 497
Thread images: 73

File: 725.jpg (210KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
725.jpg
210KB, 1024x1024px
>was in a stable spot
>only killed people that were out of position,
>was easily killable as well
but this nerf just destroyed anyone playing him. what did they hope to achieve with this?
>>
>only killed people that were out of position
Love this meme.

>was easily killable as well
Yes, after you ironically went out of position yourself and the enemy team targeted you at the same time
>>
>FREE one-shot kill every 9 second
>FREE auto sustain
>One shot potential whith his sweet spot using right click
>A better reaper at very close range

No.
He was retarded.
>>
>>381419891
>Love this meme.
enough that you will read and post in every topic about roadhog
>>
>>381420283
>free single kill
That's kinda weak actually
>free sustain in a meta where the optimal play after a single teammate dies is to mass suicide to prevent opponent from gaining ult
It's better to have 200 health and die than have 600 health with no armor
>one shot potential....
Yes, a single kill. I get it man, you love playing 1v1. Hog sucks at crowd control without ult and is easy to bully if he can't hook
>a better reaper at close range
I wasn't aware that Roadhog had an escape tool and a heal that doesn't root him in place.

Hog a shit. He was never good.
>>
File: 1476245609716.png (2MB, 850x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1476245609716.png
2MB, 850x1180px
>>381420283
This. Only pussy hogmains are upset over the nerf. Now they have to play a different hero and do more than just look in someone's general direction for a kill. Hanzo can one shot tanks like a fucking cocksucker but at least he has to aim and time his scatter when people bunnyhop. Fucking stupid but not as bad as the hook.
>>
File: 1492312029921.gif (1MB, 400x491px) Image search: [Google]
1492312029921.gif
1MB, 400x491px
>hog mains are this stupid

Use your teammates to help finish off the target you hook.

If you aren't with your team, guess what? You're out of position.
>>
>>381420597
>A one shot skill is "kinda weak"
Alrighty then
>A single kill
Who cares, he has 4 ammo, and can one shot potentially one shot someone in a blink of an eye by timing his RMB
>He's bad at crown control
Ho wow, so that's why he just has to generally aim at said crown, press shift, and get a FREE kill just to do it 9 seconds later?

And yes he's a better reap. (Before the patch of course)
Reaper has a shit wraith form and is underused, who cares if you can flee away from the enemy but you can't kill him to begin with?
Hog is everything reap want to be.
Wanted, actually.
>>
>>381419667
Literally the only nerf he needed was to change his "stunned" effect to "Trapped." Lets him fucking wreck supports like always but makes it risky to hook anyone else since they could just shoot him in his fat fucking face or protect themselves some how. That one change lets him keep his power and turns his hook into a team oriented ability rather than a 1v1 ability.
>>
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH GET FUCKED HOGMAIN
>>
>>381420649
I want to be Mercy
>>
>blizzard just nerfed another hero into a useless piece of shit

No surprises there, first mc ree, then hanzo then genji. How long until the new meta is just an entire team full of tracers and maybe one tank.
>>
>>381420994
this
>>
>>381421256
>Genji
>useless
Hah.
>>
>>381419667

I would agree with you if his hook did not cover all expected engagement zones. There is no being out of position when he can hook you no mater where you are. Not all teams use Rein and as such you can not factor him in.

Take kings row that first stretch of road after the point and choke point with the second floor. Hog can peak around the corner at the end of the road and hook people at the other end of the street. There is no being "out of position" in that area because it means being "in position" is hiding somewhere and not pushing the cart.

The final thing is there is no being out of position when Hog walks to you. You should not be forced to abandon the point just because one hero walks up to it.
>>
The wombocombo was retarded
But now he's underpowered
Buff his rightclick and he's good to go
>>
>>381421332
You do know you can push the cart from all sides of it, right?
>>
File: tumblr_oqq26e7K1R1wnl1jeo1_1280.jpg (118KB, 617x439px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqq26e7K1R1wnl1jeo1_1280.jpg
118KB, 617x439px
>>381421238
We all do
>>
File: 4.png (43KB, 344x517px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
43KB, 344x517px
>>381419667
>tank with a 1HKO

Defend this.
>>
>>381421256
this is the problem when your design teams only know how to make mmos, this shit would not happen if it didn't fucking play like a PVP mode
>>
>>381420737
>Use your teammates to help finish off the target you hook.

They literally want anything but this. I've had hogs get vocally angry at me for killing people they hooked. I play zenyatta and enemy's stunned by his hook are easy as fuck to head shot. I had one hog flat throw the game after I did it for the fourth or fifth time. He just sat in spawn bitching in all chat about how I was a greifer asshole that needed to be reported.
>>
>>381419667
>was in a stable spot
>could literally carry Diamond level teams to victory like it's nothing
>>
>>381421459
>Roadhog
>Tank
Hah

He's as much a tank as Symmetra is a support
>>
>>381421459
>"tank" with no damage mitigation that doesn't also feed enemy ults
really makes you think
I guess symmetra is a support
>>
>>381419667
>>381401356
>>
>>381421428
You are avoiding the point I'm making. I'm not just talking about payload pushing. The point I'm making is that almost every expected engagement area on every map is fully covered by his hook.
>>
>>381421459
>Random fucker sneaks up behind your team to kill you buddies
>You wombo his ass
>He's now dead, and not able to hurt your buddies
Tanks protect their buddies.
>>
>>381421256
Actually yeah this, why are blizzard so fucking trash at balancing. A fuck ton of updates have made so many characters absolutely fucking useless, it should be like;

>someone complains on forums about unbalanced hero
>devs try there best to balance them

Instead for overwatch it's;

>someone goes onto the blizzard forums and REEEEEEEEEEEEES really super fucking loud about a hero who killed him too many times in one match cos he's a shit cunt
>jeff then picks said hero and removes there ability to shoot

Every fucking time
>>
>>381419667
Why can't Hog mains just shut up. You don't see Orisa mains bitching nearly as much about her nerds departed the fact that it was completely uncalled for
>>
>>381421581
I know what you're saying, and I agree, but you can easily hide behind the payload. It's actually one of the better places to hide from his hook since it isn't a long and narrow corridor.
>>
>>381419667
Vanilla Soldier 76 was the most balanced hero in the game and he still got a nerf.

Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing.
>>
>>381421569
Support does not equate to healer.
>>
File: 1280601035196.png (114KB, 214x270px) Image search: [Google]
1280601035196.png
114KB, 214x270px
>>381421582
>>381421569
>>381421521

'bout what I expected from hog mains. o well get fucked lmao
>>
>>381419667
Git gud, pigfag
>>
File: y9HgYPH.png (481KB, 663x598px) Image search: [Google]
y9HgYPH.png
481KB, 663x598px
>>381419667
I love new hog

>tracer main
>hog hooks
>not a head shot
>i live
>recall
>blink back
>shoot his ass
>get ult
>he heals
>keep shooting
>use sticky
>hog dies

Also play Junk a lot
>get hooked
>doesn't die
>mine out
>looks like Junkrat is blasting off again
>kill hog while i'm flying away
>>
>>381420413
Out of position meme only works on deathball, where there's an actual position your team should be around, usually around Rein. With divecomp there's no position where enemy team concentrates, so it is not attacker who should be careful, but Road, who needs to find the spot where he can get free kill. Those are 2 different concepts: in the first one he's punishing bad plays, in the second one he gets rewarding for his actions. The problem with that is the fact that he's getting rewarded way too easily.
>>
>>381421663
They buffed her with a better shield to compensate, which also gave her a more focus role as a tank.
Roadhog didn't really get anything to give him a new role after he lost his old one.
>>
The major issue with these games is that the developers need to have something to do, so they keep changing things that don't even need to be changed, just for the sake of changing something.

It's kind of like League of Legends. The developers want to create a new game, but they can't drop LoL, so they gradually change it into a different game.
>>
>>381421830
>Wasting a sticky on Hog

Know how I know you're silver?
>>
>>381421819
>One points out how he can work as a tank, while others point out that he isn't really a typical tank
>Lol what I expected!
You expected people to actually point out how you where wrong?
>>
File: 1290671841620.jpg (19KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1290671841620.jpg
19KB, 400x225px
>>381422002
keep going nerd, hog main tears are even more delicious because they're full of butter from the fatasses that main him

also
>where wrong
lmao
>>
>New Reaper now completely counters Winston and D.Va by flat out healing their damage
>Every other match up is the same or worse since he doesn't have healthpacks floating everywhere
>Healing only really works if your ambush fails or in 1v1

I want old reaper back. Having health all over the place was way better. Just make the orbs linked to the hero who dropped them and give 25% of that heros max health so a orb from a hog heals way more than an orb from a mercy. Then make the orb permanent until that hero dies and drops another or is used.
>>
>>381421635
>>381421256
The thing you have to understand with blizzard is they are wanting more people to play their game, Hog, genji, release Mcree all were characters that went against the OW mentality which is "You aren't supposed to carry no matter how skilled you are"

Yes Hog hooking doesn't require crazy amount of skill but it sure as shit was more skill than most of the tank and support rooster.

I left the game last week but I used to use Hog as an easy way to get picks and carry a retarded team since even monkeys can see.
>>
>>381421954
Nope, forever gold.
>>
>>381421936
>Hog was totally fine guys!
>devs just did this for no reason
HHAHAHAHAAHHA
Get fucked, hookfag!
>>
>>381422147
Still not pointing out how any of those argument where wrong.
Just talking about "Hog tears" and saltiness, while post pictures of people laughing, without actually bringing anything to the table, just makes you look like a child.
>>
>>381422185
At least say you're plat jesus dude I left gold 4 days from playing the game.
>>
>>381419667
The hook was OP, plain and simple. You cannot deny it. Hooking someone was never the wrong choice, and it was the only ability in the game that you wanted to use every single time you could. There was no counterplay to being hooked, you just died.
This fix is retarded though and now Roadhog is entirely worthless. Blizzard can't into balance
>>
>>381422184
>but it sure as shit was more skill
>Left shift in the general direction of a squishy
>Shoots

Do Roadfags honestly believe this was harder than what supports are doing? Even Symm's autoaim gun was more difficult to use because it's worthless as fuck in the firsr few seconds.
>>
File: WHOLE HOG.jpg (222KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
WHOLE HOG.jpg
222KB, 480x340px
>>381422295
Here's what I'm bringing to the table nerd, YOUR NEW MAIN lmao
>>
>>381422315
This is the first season I have played comp and have only done placements. Doubt I play any more comp. I am a QP hero.

I also don't believe you.
>>
>>381419667
>this nerf just destroyed anyone playing him
good, i never want to see this ugly faggot again
play prettier characters
>>
>>381422362
Getting hooks and playing hog was certainly not harder to play than D.va, Winston, Zarya or Orisa.
>>
>>381419667
He is still good my man. honestly I've enjoyed playing him more since the update desu
>>
>>381422362
As a tank/supp main that climbed from 1400-2920 playing mainly Rein and Zen ranking the skill required.
Hog>>>>>Mercy
Hog>>>>>Lucio
Hog>>>>>Symmetra
Zen>>>Hog
Ana>>>>>>>>Hog
Hog>>>>Rein
Hog>>>>Dva
Hog>>>>Orisa
Hog>Zarya
Winston>>>>Hog
>>
>>381420994
This is honestly the greatest thing that could've happened and would have kept everyone happy. But blizzard is retarded so the gold and silver shitters cried enough in reddit and the forums so they changed it for the worst.
>>
>>381422660
this post literally doesn't mean anything
>>
>>381422209
I don't even play Roadhog, I probably hated him more than I liked him. But that's because I suck and get hooked all the time.
>>
>>381422435
Sure looks like a lot of intelligent arguments.

>>381422546
>Winston
I'll give you that Roadhog was an easy character, but Winston is mindbogglingly easy to play. Sure he can't instantly kill one person, or heal himself if needed, but it's so fucking easy to protect yourself, and your ult builds like crazy. Also you don't even have to aim.
>>
>>381422528
You think getting out of gold is that hard lel?

>Doubt I play any more comp. I am a QP hero
Honestly best thing you can do comp made me uninstall the game.
>>
>>381422694
They wont change it to "Trapped" because it was supposed to be "Trapped" from the start it was going to be his and Junks thing but in development they felt it was to weak.
>>
>>381422714
Just rating the difficulty my man.

>>381422779
Winston is harder since you can't kill anything, enemy almost always had hog so you can easily get 2 shot. You depend on your team much more with rape ape and if you were a retard i.e dive kill healer and then die type winston then you're not doing your job.
>>
>>381422850
Yeah, and now they dialed him back so much that even suggesting a slight buff will have everyone bitching and crying. Blizzard fucked up and now the character is useless and can't be fixed.
>>
>>381422660
most people would have just said
Ana > Zen > Winston > Hog > Mercy = Lucio = Symmetra > Rein = Dva = Orisa

either way, you're wrong. Zarya and Orisa both take more skill to play effectively.
>>
File: 1.jpg (967KB, 2228x2420px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
967KB, 2228x2420px
A gud roadhog wouldn't be bothered by the nerf. I hope we see more of him in competitive because we need that hook.
>>
File: 1321853555881.jpg (91KB, 425x300px) Image search: [Google]
1321853555881.jpg
91KB, 425x300px
>>381422779
>le intelligent arguments about muh pig character on muh vidya forum
>>
>>381420994
yup
it would also make it a bad idea to hook reaper, who is supposed to counter hog.
>>
>>381422942
Orisa is garbage I dunno about new map but she is definition of garbage hero I suppose winning with her will require some luck skills?

Zarya I can see where you're coming from however even a first time zarya player that communicates can easily land a 4-6 man grav unless it was a very short KotH round.
>>
>>381422783
Personally don't play comp here either. Only doing the first season, where I ranked somewhere around the middle, which I guess would be high Plat/low diamond with the new system, but I fucking hated it. Boring team comps, people constantly yelling at each other, and just an all over bad vibe of the whole thing.
I QP you at least get some fun team comps, and people are more relaxed, except for the random shitter who thinks he's the best, every once in a while.
>>
>>381422981
Nope, still don't see them.
>>
>>381422779
Winston is easy in that you know what you should do. But, knowing when to do it is much harder. His shield is not that strong, you can't see how much health it actually has, and it has a long cooldown. If you don't dive the enemy team at the right time, or prioritize the right targets, you're just charging their support ults and getting some of your own ult. Thing is, Winston's ult is much more situational than every support ult.
>>
>>381422161
It's suffering to be winston

>Anyone being healed by mercy outheals your damage
>Lucio on healing, not even boosted, outheals your damage
>Everyone can just headshot your giant monkey head
>Now the counter has been buffed even more
>>
>blizzard doesnt know shit about balance and gameplay design
HOLD THE FUCKING PRESS
>>
File: 1279248359353.png (2KB, 101x140px) Image search: [Google]
1279248359353.png
2KB, 101x140px
>>381423154
And yet I'm still getting your butter tears
>>
>>381420994
Why didn't they do this?
>>
>>381423076
You already highlighted the comp issues and main reason why I uninstalled once I hit diamond since it simply was not fun as soloq or duoq.

My biggest problem with Qplay is the fact that almost every single match has Hanzo, Widow and some other 4 dps, it's a fun mode for aiming and practicing some crazy shit but it gets boring really quickly since almost nobody gives a fuck about the objective or team comp (and no i'm not advocating 2-2-2 in qplay or comms but at least just a will to win rather than dick around)

Funnily enough I noticed loadsa tryharding in 3vs3 modes which was unexpected when I was playing them for loot boxes.
>>
>>381423064
must've been playing with garbage Orisas.
Orisa is the truest tank in the game. She has an ability that reduces incoming damage, she has a shield, and she has an ability that is pretty great at crowd control. She counters roadhog in just about every way. She can put good pressure on Pharah's, she can get environmental kills, she can keep enemies from touching the point in overtime with just an ability. She is super useful.
>>
File: 1391923399182.gif (889KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1391923399182.gif
889KB, 500x286px
>>381419667
>Go and test Roadhog
>Hook combo still nearly takes out all health
>170-190 damage

Is it really that hard to graze someone before hooking them? With his increased fire rate and larger clip, it's even easier to hit people.

Feel free to stop reposting these threads, you fucking pathetic roadniggers.
>>
>>381420737
This!
I've played hog a lot since update and no target really escapes. Hook is a damn strong CC ability and the combi a good finisher.

Off course if you're retarded and think you can instantly turn the team fight in a 6v5 by hooking their fresh Ana/Genji, you're going to cry now. Anything else just dies the same, just not from your damage alone.
>>
You are a fucking retard and here is why.

People who effectively change their game plan based on their opponent are the minority. By a large margin. Most people are fucking retarded and play like shit. That's the biggest part of your consumer base. When those people are unhappy and leave your game is dead. So why would they only cater to those people? Because that's where the fucking money is.
>>
>>381422915
>>381423196
He's definitely more of a team player, but purely mechanically and role wise, he felt really easy to learn when I tried him out yesterday, since I might have to find a different tank to solo tank with after the nerf. I'll still have to play with him some more to find out the best ways to use him on different maps, and such. But he felt relatively easy for my first time with him in ages.
>>
>>381423292
see
>>381422850

Its because they are stubborn pricks. They never admit real mistakes and never listen to the community.
>>
>>381423421
this
>alt fire
>hook
>fire
>melee
works on pretty much every squishy
>>
>>381423265
I can see that they're still not there, and I doubt they ever will be, so I'll stop responding. Enjoy the (You)'s I gave you. Don't spend them all in the same place.
>>
File: 1272732117126.jpg (97KB, 504x502px) Image search: [Google]
1272732117126.jpg
97KB, 504x502px
>>381423446
this

If you looked at Overwatch and for a second thought it would cater towards comp you're a fucking moron.
>>
hog needs to be reworked so he's fun (oh boy I fucking love being a one trick pony)
pharah needs to be reworked so she's fun (oh boy I fucking love being able to hover around at 5mph instead of using rocket physics to blow myself around all over the place at the speed of sound)
bastion needs to be reworked so he's fuck (oh boy I fucking love being a fucking turret / machine gun all game)
Half the fucking cast needs to be redone so they can do more than one thing / aren't a neat concept that's completely flatlined for balance reasons.
>>
>>381423371
M8 I have played with and against loadsa Orisas, not once can she do fuck all to me, especially as a Rein main all I do is just follow her advice and walk behind the barrier and ensue rape music.

Maybe Orisas in high diamond and above are able to do crazy shit with her but honestly in low diamond and whenever I drop to high plat the heros that make my balls shrink if on my team or make me giddy if playing against are Orisa, Mcree and Widow (Although last two can have that rare 1/10000 godly smurf or just good player)
>>
File: 1282494397001.jpg (9KB, 215x199px) Image search: [Google]
1282494397001.jpg
9KB, 215x199px
>>381423579
Don't forget to rehydrate! You'll need to while you're crying as you continue playing your pigshit main lmao.
>>
>>381423584
i too want to fuck bastion
or be fucked by im not picky
>>
>>381423584
I would be so happy if they nerfed Pharah's damage but gave her more movement options. Rocket jump is pathetic, only useful if you fuck up and run out of hover fuel over the edge and need to buy time until jump jets come off CD
>>
>>381423318
>almost every single match has Hanzo, Widow
True, I see a fuck ton of snipers in almost every game, and it confuses the hell out of me. They're never good either. Like you'll occasionally get the insane Widow who gets all the kills while the rest of us are chilling on the payload, but most of the time they never even show up in the kill feed, unless they died.
>>
>>381423694
He'd honestly be more entertaining if he was a walking dildo machine.
>>
>>381421459
Rein also has a 1HKO. But it works because of how it's designed.

Charge does 300 damage to a pinned target, instantly killing anything in the game that isn't a tank. But it massively displaces the Reinhardt, and since Reinhardt is so fundamentally important to positioning, that means a Rein has to actually think about and communicate when he's going to charge, otherwise he'll just leave his team behind and put himself in a bad position.
>>
>>381423631
I accept that you have played with loads of Orisas, but if you're walking through her barrier as Rein and killing her, then they are pants on head retarded. She should be halting you back behind her barrier, backing up as you advance, and replacing her barrier to keep you from hitting her. If you try to charge her, she can fortify. Her pressure on the Rein's shield is insane because of how much ammo she has. There's just no way Rein can reliably kill Orisa at 75 damage per hammer swing before she kills him and gets half her ult charged.
>>
I don't know why people hate roadhog this much, i've never had any trouble killing him in 1v1 and is basically a free ult if he's out of position.
>>
>>381423867
It's also wildly inconsistent, making it even riskier to use
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
>>381423584
>there will never be another game where you can skip jump around the map at the speed of sound

Pharah was a disappointment
>>
>>381423953
As true as that is, I'm more discussing the intended design elements of it.
>>
>>381424018
then play your ugly meme game and shut up about it
>>
>>381424147
no u
>>
>>381424204
i dont want to play it but i'll happily shut up about it if you do too ok
>>
>>381421582
>be mccree
>doubletap flanker
>i tank now
>>
>>381424252
pharah's rocket jump is shit
>>
>>381424018
Lucio is a lot of fun with wall riding
>>
>>381424462
This is true
>>
>>381420597
(you)
>>
>>381424462
>try to play Lucio
>suck
>play Titanfall 2 for a while
>play more lucio, suddenly it all makes snese
>>
>playing reaper
>hog hooks me
>doesn't oneshot me despite me not being at max HP
>panics and empties his gun at me
>misses 90% of the pellets
>empty shotguns into him
>impossible for me to miss his fat ass
>panic heals
>thanks for standing still wanker
>kill him

thanks for the full health and 60% ult charge; every roadhog I have encountered 1v1 since the patch dropped.
>>
>>381419667
>Go play Hog for a bit
>Still able to instakill anyone that's taken 10-20 damage
>Even if they survive, they're still out of position and nearly dead

I was wondering if this whining had any merit, but holy shit. It really is just bad players who were using the instakill as a crutch. I don't even play Roadhog and I was still able to get some easy kills with him.
>>
File: 1269107147704.jpg (14KB, 235x356px) Image search: [Google]
1269107147704.jpg
14KB, 235x356px
>>381424462
>want to play Lucio
>can't because too distracted with how cringe a character he is

Any way I can drop in blank audio files in place of all of his dumb voice lines?
>>
>>381424773
It also helps to rebind jump to right click. Pressing space so often is pain.
>>
>>381420597
>>free single kill
>That's kinda weak actually
>>free sustain in a meta where the optimal play after a single teammate dies is to mass suicide to prevent opponent from gaining ult
>meta is mass suicide after a single teammate dies
>Yes, a single kill. I get it man, you love playing 1v1.
>free instagib is bad in a meta where you give up when you're 5v6
do you even read what you're writing?
>>
>>381424909
you could just stop being a pussy
>>
File: 1497293971128.png (103KB, 230x343px) Image search: [Google]
1497293971128.png
103KB, 230x343px
>>381422954
This
Only casual faggots think he's useless now. Piggy's hook is still the best.
>>
File: disappointment.gif (39KB, 171x199px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.gif
39KB, 171x199px
>>381423584
>Half the fucking cast needs to be redone so they can do more than one thing / aren't a neat concept that's completely flatlined for balance reasons.
>expecting actual depth in Overwatch
lol

the whole point of OW is to be switching heroes to counter certain heroes on the enemy team, so they've purposely made each hero in the game bland and not have a lot of depth to them to make them more accessible

however they've clearly failed at that, because there are a lot of one-trick-ponies in high competitive who literally can't play other characters when their main character is taken (see: one trick mercys) because the balance of this game is a joke

OW as a whole is fucked from it's concept, the entire game would need a rework at this point for it to be more fun
>>
>>381424462
Lucio is a lot of fun in general because he feels like he has a package of abilities that makes him strong but without nerfing the shit out of him in other regards to balance him (compare for example to the strong healing + damage zenyatta can do which makes him powerful, but having literally no maneuverability (or anything else) which flatlines him)
Which is coincidental given that Lucio has likely been the most consistently broken character since release.
>>
>>381425396
I'm not expecting anything, I just wish they would.
Like I wish the game came with modding + mapping tools on release so we could actually have a variety of maps and gamemodes to play on custom servers.
>>
File: tumblr_ofol0xRzvN1tixosro1_1280.png (634KB, 1280x1290px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofol0xRzvN1tixosro1_1280.png
634KB, 1280x1290px
>>381420597
>Yes, a single kill. I get it man, you love playing 1v1. Hog sucks at crowd control without ult and is easy to bully if he can't hook
Fucking this.
Reaper, Mei, Bastion and even fucking Symmetra could kick Roadhog's ass but Blizzard listened to fucking pussies.
>>
File: mostplayedheroes.jpg (103KB, 833x492px) Image search: [Google]
mostplayedheroes.jpg
103KB, 833x492px
i only recently got this game when it was 50%

is my hero choice good? i really like soldier76, especially shooting a rocket at widowmakers
>>
>>381425736
junkrat is a niche pick who gets hardcountered by pharmercy (which is used very often in comp games)

hanzo and orisa both get countered by dive comps (which are also very common in comp games)

besides that you're fine really
i'd pick up genji or tracer though so you have knowledge and experience how to play flanking characters
>>
>>381425736
Soldier is the jack of all trades, the only hero in the game without a hard counter, works in any comp, all around an always viable pick. Unless your aim is fucking shit that is.
>>
>>381425396
I've read your post several times to try and find any logic in it, but I can't.

So the balance in the game is bad because the players can't deal with having to switch characters to counter the other team, which is the point of the game?

That makes no sense, and you are dumb.

I'm gonna go play random hero mode and have fun, two things you clearly never do.
>>
>>381425736
stop playing hanzo and junkrat. play more reinhardt, 76, lucio and pharah.
>>
>>381424895
This pretty much. Every one who complains is some Gold or lower tier player who could only get kills via the hook combo. Everyone whos half decent at aiming and isn't dumb as bricks can still secure kills super easily.
>>
>>381420283

>free one shot every 9 seconds

this meme is stupid
>>
>>381424895
Meanwhile Hanzo get's a free pass with an ability which can easily one-shot tanks that's on a 8 second cooldown. All while being mobile and able to climb.

Bravo blizz.
>>
>>381426445
Its closer to once every 16 seconds if you only use the hook. Average for decent hogs is 50% hookrate.
>>
>>381426526
damn if hanzo mains weren't being so quiet I would have forgot about that bullshit ability
>>
Waaaaaa, waaaaaaa
>>
>>381425736
Don't make a "choice"
Only faggots choose a "main"
This is NOT a moba where you master a character and your personal godlike skill will carry the team.

You should get good with every character, or at the very least two or three of every role.

Go play random hero mode, it's the quickest way to become proficient with heroes you are bad with, and if you lose there is no reason to feel bad.
>>
most of the kits in ow were made by borderline autists
>>
>>381426542
It's more than that because there are ways for the hookee's team to save him from the combo.
>>
>>381425929
oh yeah i noticed that too, at first i was utter dogshit as him and went 2/8 or so the first 3 hours, but eventually i've gotten better and went out of most games around 18/7

>>381426124
reinhardt is boring as fuck if what friends tell me is true (hold up shield, use e, repeat)
>>
>>381426526
>enemy hanzo aims at my feet from across lijiang tower
>arrows magnetically home into my body
>I play hanzo and aim at center of group of 5 enemies dancing
>arrows decide to go everywhere except into enemy.
>>
>>381426816
There are very few ways for the other team to save someone from a hook since its a rather small window of opportunity. The fastest and most effective is Zarya's bubble, then Dva's Defense Matrix and finally Ana either sleeping or nading Hog. But those all depend highly on the person being in position and have said skills off cooldown to really do anything about it.
>>
>ANOTHER underage summerfriend thread
>>
>>381426936
Its literally based on the angle of where you're hitting. Not to mention that you should be aiming for their feet regardless.
>>
>I am a reaper main
>>
>>381427468
thanks for shitting on their tanks, decimating their whole team, being a god at flanking and making us win

really appreciate it
>>
>>381426882
it's worse than that. If you're using e and not getting kills with it, you're just charging enemy support ults. Also if you do it regularly, the enemy team is going to figure it out and pick your squishies when you drop shield. So really it's
>hold shield
>back off to recharge shield
>hold shield
>go for confirms
>>
>>381427468
Reaper main here.
I spanked hogs before and now it's almost impossible to lose a 1v1.
Hook combo can't kill you.
You heal as much of your health as he does when he stops to heal.

Reaper now bullies hog the way Mei bullies Dva

>>381426936
SIMPLE GEOMETRY
>>
File: 1376880072099.gif (923KB, 424x240px) Image search: [Google]
1376880072099.gif
923KB, 424x240px
>mfw i see cuckolds talk about playing overwatch
>>
>>381424352
Because Mccree has tank amounts of HP and a short CD self-heal ontop of some of the best CC in the game.

RIGHT??
>>
>>381424412
Use her concussion grenade and not the rocket launcher like you're supposed to then you mouth-breathing monkey.
>>
>>381427982
>he doesn't use filters
>>
>>381428189
No one's saying she's immobile, just that she's uninteresting to play, like most of the cast. Lucio is the most fun and it's cause he's got the best movement.
>>
>>381427694
yeah that is what my friend told me, but it seems boring as fuck, just to stand there and holding down rightclick
>>
>>381428374
>just that she's uninteresting to play

Good thing that's a FACT and not just your opinion ? kek. Ok.
>>
>>381428517
I don't think anyone claimed it was fact
>>
>>381422954
>A gud roadhog wouldn't be bothered by the nerf.
Go fuck yourself. Jumping hooks over walls and barriers were the most fun I had on that slow sack of shit. Now he's just an obese pharah that only works at mid range.
>>
>>381428687
There's nothing stopping you from doing that now, Anon. Your target will just be left alive with about 10 health if you pull off the combo correctly.
>>
>>381427982
Sorry you get upset when people enjoy things you don't.
Maybe try and grow out of that habit.

>>381428389
Rien is about mitigating damage away from your team so you all can complete/capture/defend the objective.
That is, until, you get his ult up. At which point you are one well times button press away from a team kill.

Also, try getting environment kills as rien. it's hilarious
>>
>>381428804
Now the hook breaks and even if it didn't they could just panic button away.
>>
>>381428687
>slow
every character moves and jumps at the same speed except for tracer
>>
>>381419667
Barafags should suffer
>>
>>381419667

>was in a stable spot
t. Roadhog main
>only killed people who were out of position
meaning only killed people that were anywhere within range of his hook even if they were on point with the rest of the team, there was nothing you could do to stop it you just got hooked and dead.
>600 HP
>easy to kill
only if the entire team turned on you. 1v1 Roadhog killed anyone. He was a tank with DPS level damage.
>>
Can you go back to your containment board no one gives a fuck about moba shooters
>>
>>381429023
>flank as Roadhog
>land hook on mercy
>"she was out of position"
>>
File: 1494889392137.png (272KB, 577x382px) Image search: [Google]
1494889392137.png
272KB, 577x382px
>before nerf
>"lol just get gud cunts"
>after nerf
>"HE'S WASN'T EVEN THAT GUD M8 I'LL SHAG YA LOBSTER"
Aussies
>>
>>381429167
Flank hog was probably the big reason for the nerf I feel. Having him capable of roaming the map and just deleting anyone he comes across was ridiculous.
>>
>>381430047
T. reasonable person.
How fucking dare you imply I didn't earn every single one of my kills I get every 9 seconds by jumping out from behind corners and then pressing 3 buttons. Roadhog is useless now and I never liked OW it's a stupid game. I'm not mad, you're mad.

Shitty Moba TF2 clone garbage go back to your containment board I have 4999 SR my dick is so huge top of my class in marine sharpshooter school ur dead kid please listen to me
>>
>>381419667
>get hooked
>you are 100% unavoidable dead
>it has an 8 second cooldown

nah, guaranteed kills off hooks are retarded, you still now have targets in excellent positions to kill, but your team actually needs to use roadhog as a tank and shoot the target he hooks
>>
>>381430840
YOU NEED TO USE TEAMWORK IN A TEAM BASED SHOOTER? WHAT KIND OF RETARDED SHIT IS THAT?
>>
>>381421503
I'm sorry that you're playing in gold and below
>>
>easily killable as well
The way /v/ keeps spouting this nonsense you'd think that he used to be completely useless and not present in nearly every high rank comp match

he was an easy to play overpowered shithead that now requires some skill to do well as, but nobody who mained him were good at this game so now they're mad
>>
>>381430840
which is literally what it always should've been like. A long range stun+reposition is already strong as fuck, it shouldn't also lead to a guaranteed kill from the hooker.
>>
>>381429023
he had higher DPS than any of the DPSes. There is no reason to pick DPS if Roadhog is still available
>>
>>381432691
Thats cause everyone who thought Hog was fine are those who are Gold rank and below. Anyone higher than that who can play things that aren't Hog know that he was OP as fuck.
>>
>>381423423
Then.. uh... why wouldn't I just run a Winston or D. Va or Zarya instead? Give me one reason to pick hog over any of those 3 now. I'll wait.
>>
>>381433273
None of those choices can kill someone whos only taken 10 damage in one shot.
>>
>>381421459
Roadhog's tanking ability was fear. If no one fears the hook, there's no point in using him for area denial. Even had like fifty something % accuracy with hook. People are just whiners.
>>381433760
But that's not the point, dummy. See above. Genji, D. Va etc., no longer have to really play around hook anymore. So wouldn't it be better to just run your own dive? Do you see what I'm getting at?
>>
>>381434084
>Even ***Harbleu
>>
>>381434084
Why would you run dive on defense?
>>
Nearly half my total hours are as Mei,with D.Va a distant second, followed by Ana and Mercy.

Any advice?
>>
>hog mains are still salty so they bitch everyday

get fucked trash enjoy dropping a league
>>
>>381424909
turn down 'in game voice volume' in sound
>>
>>381434203
Why wouldn't you just pick mei?
>>
>>381419667
Who's more obnoxious: Mercyfags or Hogmains?
>>
>>381434321
Too short range, and her long range is far less reliable unless you're very skilled with it. Shes not a bad choice, but in all honesty Hog wouldn't work poorly for the role either.
>>
>>381434138
that cunt's fucking laugh is dreadful
>>
>>381426936
Simple Geometry, motherfucker.
>>
>>381419667
>>only killed people that were out of position,
Stop fucking saying this bullshit, being anywhere on the map where roadhog can see you is not out of position I can't even count the amount of times a hog slowly crawled around the whole team just to pick of the healers, acting as a flanker.
>>
>>381426936
how about you don't be a shitter and you play him properly by aiming for the head?
>>
>>381419667
>only killed people that were out of position,

TIL, out of position means anywhere within his giant fucking radius.

TIL, out of position means with teammates, and having roadhog flank you

ok my dude. Roadhog is fucking shit, good riddance
>>
>>381420283
>>FREE one-shot kill every 9 second
>>FREE auto sustain
>>One shot potential whith his sweet spot using right click
>>A better reaper at very close range
>No.
>He was retarded.

This isnt assfaggots. Time to kill is abysmally low even without playing hog.

But to bring hog in line, lets apply his changes to every hero! There, game is fixed now.
>>
>>381434523
Hog also has no wall, an inferior stalling ability, and a much worse ult.
>>
>>381419667
>Blizzard caving in to scrubs and casuals
Nothing new.
>>
>>381435367
Depends highly on your team comp, but he generally doesn't need it as much too since he can just kill people coming rather than stall. His ult is also good when paired with Nano Boost.
>>
>>381432768

it's also still an instakill on maps with a gap you can pull them over.
>>
File: 3512e17ad030205409769842b9537c1d.jpg (240KB, 2150x2596px) Image search: [Google]
3512e17ad030205409769842b9537c1d.jpg
240KB, 2150x2596px
If you can't kill after hooking then why bother using the hook? Just switch to a class that blizzard hasn't shit on
>>
Not gonna lie, former Roadhog main here. This is fucking hilarious watching Roadhog crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let him land those hooks.
>>
>>381437242
Only shitters can't get a kill with the hook. Everyones acting like you only have one round in your gun. Either weaken a target first/hook someone who already took damage or fire twice you dumb shit.
>>
>>381426652
This. I did this and now a can do any hero anytime. Always be prepared for fucking people choosing their mains and it turns out they suck ass. And the they Fucking stay fucking genji even tho theres a simmetra and a fucking winston then genji main bitch gets pissed of hes dying the you tell him the thruth and then he gets his little buddies to report you and then you get banned for a week for voice communication. Feels bad man
>>
Old Hog Meta

>hide behind door
>pop out hit shift
>did you hook?
>if Y then Melee/shoot combo
>CONGRATS! you win!
>hide back behind wall
>did your hook miss?
>oh shit, hide behind wall while it recharges, try again in 9 seconds
>take damage?
>hide behind wall and instantly re-heal

>hogshitters think that this is top-tier skilled meta
>>
>>381420994
Wow this sounds like a really good idea, nice job anon, you should be a working for blizzard
>>
>>381439267
You forgot to mention the part where they start flanking and one shotting anyone who they come in contact with.
>>
Old Hog wasn't OP, but I wouldn't say he's well designed either. He was basically just an anti diver 1-shot pick machine. People are going to talk about how they're still having success with him, like somehow their success in pubs is evidence he's still good. I'm sure you sprayed down plenty of people with old bastion turret mode too, that doesn't make it competitively viable. Roadhog was entirely nerfed because people complained enough about him killing them. If the devs just didn't like the play style, why did they let it exist from release until now?

They didn't need to keep him the exact same, but they could've thought of some more creative changes to the character to actually impact his playstyle. Maybe shorten the range on the hook to 10-15m. Let him hook teammates so he can yank them out of danger. I dunno, maybe something more thoughtful than nerfing his damage and giving him a fire rate buff that still results in lower DPS?
>>
>>381431037
>flank as roadhog
>hook mercy
>"Zarya should have saved her"
>>
>>381441416
Hog was fucking terribly designed and frankly its a wonder he was even allowed to get off the cutting room floor.

I'm not sure who thought that a character should be able to get picks easier than snipers, have a shit ton of health, a heal that is on par with some ults, three seperate ranges that effectively turned him into a mid ranged skirmisher and damage that let him not only one shot most of the cast, but also tear down tanks uncontested.

Remove literally any part of his kit and he'd have a real meaningful downside, but instead they gave him everything and the kitchen sink.
>>
>>381442081
I mean he has some pretty clear weaknesses. When the hook is down he can't do damage to anyone who's not immediately in front of him, or at the exact distance for his alt fire. He has a bigass hitbox and no armor or shielding so he's free ult charge for anyone who can shoot him. He can't do shit to anyone outside his hook range. Has 0 mobility or ways to block damage for his teammates.

In 1v1s he's fucking king though because he could 1 shot half the cast, and has 900hp you have to burn through.
>>
>>381425736
If you like precision shooting with distance, give Mei a try. The icicle gun is great, and Mei walls have a lot of tricks to them.
>>
>>381442428
When I say meaningful weaknesses, I mean weaknesses that aren't easily mitagated. He has weaknesses, but most of them are incredibly minor.

His range would be a weakness.. If his cooldown wasn't so short. Not to mention that he has two effective ranges, and theres frankly nothing stopping him from advancing.

Which brings me to his other weakness, his hitbox and lack of shield. Both are mitagated by.. Well, having another tank or just using the environment properly. Hog using cover is one of the most frustrating things to deal with cause if you try to advance to take him out while hes weak, you'll be put directly into his range to kill you. Likewise Hog can always take other paths that are less focused on to close the gap, since Map design is strongly made in his favor.

Mobility is also another weakness cited, but he doesn't move any slower, and his hook IS his mobility tool.

Which brings us to blocking damage. While not ideal, he has enough health to face tank damage, and his heal can literally let him eat through the damage and be no worse for it.

Of all his weaknesses, the lack of a shield is probably the only real one. But old hog really didn't need it.
>>
>>381437041
In what comp would new hog be preferable to one of the other tanks or defense heroes? The meta is dive and full-retard defense. That's it. Hog's utility was his 50/50 odds every 8 seconds of deleting someone. There are so many better choices now that don't require additional team coordination to pull off. Sometimes hooks were bugged bullshit, even with 3.0. But I think he kept some very annoying characters in check that no longer will really have a decent counter.
>>
>>381419667
Dont even bother OP, everyone who defends the nerf is a gold shitter anyways.

Sweet justice will reach them soon enough when dive becomes even more overpowered since no one will keep winston in check anymore.

And dont even suggest reaper since he is still shit vs dive lineups, he cant even touch tracers,genjis and pharas
>>
Is this the part where silvers call other bronze.

My favorite meme
>>
>>381443479
Point is only a player who doesnt understand the game or is bad at it would like the nerf
>>
>>381443059
Hog is still viable in this meta. His damage isn't bad, especially against tanks.
>>
>>381443218
Funny you should say that. I've been payin attention on the forums, and pretty much everyone whos been bitching about it is gold or below. I imagine anyone higher probably didn't deserve that rank if they're having so much trouble adjusting too.
>>
>>381443592
I have seen 1 hog in GM in the past 48 hours. He's dead, Jim.
>>
>>381443705
>I've been payin attention on the forums, and pretty much everyone whos been bitching about it is gold or below

Yeah all the nerf roadhog threads that kept coming up were loads of goldies.

If they listen to them they should nerf fucking pharah already, she has even more hate threads than hog on the forums so i hope they screw her too.
>>
>>381443938
Prolly cause people are smart enough not to play a character that just recieved massive changes in terms of play style in comp without practicing and getting used to him.
>>
>>381443963
No I mean everyone whos complaining that the Nerf was unjustified. Its literally all Golds complaining bout how Hog was ruined.

Its kinda hilarious too, since they're acting like they're some kind of authority on Hog and counterplay, when at those ranks noone can aim for shit.
>>
>>381444043
Yeah, like how no one played bastion after his changes. They had to get used to his new play-style.
>>
>>381444234
Bastion wasn't as drastic.
>>
>>381444135
But the "nerf hog" threads were mostly goldies too.

They simply dont understand the game.
Hog was never a problem in tournament play or at GM.
>>
>>381419667
I used to be a lame hog main and back then this nerf would have annoyed me, but since then I've played enough that I can actually aim now among other things and I barely use him anymore, he was a crutch for a newbie player, he was a little OP so it made up for my lack of skill, I think that's why most hog mains are upset, because they depend on the crutch too.
Just play reaper, trust me, it's actually more fun too, if I wanna tank I'll usually go for a barrier tank now cause they're more helpful to the team, orisa is fantastic.
>>
File: 1494971710465.jpg (477KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494971710465.jpg
477KB, 960x640px
Hogfags btfo lmao
>>
>>381444428
>Just play reaper, trust me, it's actually more fun too, if I wanna tank I'll usually go for a barrier tank now cause they're more helpful to the team, orisa is fantastic.

>reaper
>orisa

Ok so you are still bad and in silver lmao
>>
>>381444336
To be fair, Hog isn't a problem in those settings cause voice communication is a lot more common. The lower you go, the less teams communicate and even worse, the less they work together. In that setting Hog thrives and dominates.
>>
>>381444290
You mean bastion was a buff and not a nerf. Don't mince words with me boy. Hog sucks more now. Does he suck enough to completely fall off the meta? We don't know. But his suckitude will enable the characters he previously soft-countered to become even more cancerous. For instance, reaper is now preferable against Winston. But genji and tracer, who are pretty much 100% picks, are going to fuck him up.
>>
>>381444521
You're not even gold
>>
>>381444537
So he is balanced in the setting the game is supposed to be played?

Low level play should never matter for balance stuff
Should we buff soldier now because at bronze people cannot aim?
>>
>>381444584
If you're going to compare two classes and their play, you would have been better suited comparing him to Lucio. Cause Hog's nerfs is more akin to a rework than anything.
>>
>>381421803
Even still there's not much "support" about her besides her ults.
Defense would be more accurate for her.
Unsurprisingly, she's significantly better on defense.
>>
>>381444629
I am almost master but ok
Only a bad player would ever pick reaper of all heroes.

Reaper and orisa are trashtier heroes even after the changes
>>
>>381444690
I wouldn't call him balanced there either, hes just easier to deal with.
>>
His secondary fire still oneshots 200hp characters on a well placed headshot (or two bodyshots) and getting hooked is still a death sentence because you simply cannot escape before he blasts you twice with the new attack speed, unless you have a good mobility tool like Winston's jump or Tracer's blinks.

So all in all, this patch changed nothing at all and anyone who whines about it just outs themselves as bad Hog players.
>>
>>381419667
Literally means they weren't up Reinhardt's ass. I'm glad the dumb fuck go nerfed, less reason for Reinhardt to be on every team.
>>
>>381444521
>>381444629
I like how overbabs can never have a discussion without screaming about muh ratings. Like oh, wow, I can totally claim to be really awesome and I must be right! You though, you're a fucking goldie/silver/bronzie LMAO!!@!
>muh high rating in muh casual pixar sjw ""game""
Congratulations you're winning the special olympics.
>>
>>381444768
If you'd had basic reading comprehension you'd see I clearly never implied I was amazing at the game, I implied the opposite in fact, I said reaper is fun and orisa is good cause she can help the team by placing barriers, what's with you comp guys and waving your dick at every opportunity? The moon map have been full of you.
>>
File: 1495115618670.jpg (47KB, 405x270px) Image search: [Google]
1495115618670.jpg
47KB, 405x270px
>>381444768
>I am almost master but ok
You and everyone else in this thread

LMAO
>>
>no armor, huge hit box, now has two self stuns
>people hooked can be sheilded/saved
>spread that could save small hit box characters from a head on fight.
>no escapes, heal is easily out damaged
>hes balanced now!

Nah. His place in a team is now reapers who has everything he's missing now. We have magnet arrows and scopes and THIS is the bullshit mechanic peoplease wanted changed?
>>
>>381444964
I was memeing when I said you're not even gold.
I had some shitter on the new moon map yesterday bitching about the new map and when I cracked a joke his response was "You're not even gold" fucking hilarious.
>>
>>381444964
Why are you in this thread anyways then?

And of course you are better qualified to talk about a games balance and mechanics if you are good at said game.
If you are at a low rating you most likely dont understand balance and mechanics well enough to argue about balance
>>
>>381444702
I think I need to reiterate here. I'm not worried about hog. I'm worried about the gaping hole he left that d.va, tracer, and genji are going to walk through. What is his role now? The best hogs hook under 60% overall. With the added knowledge of knowing a hook is unlikely to kill you, do you really have to respect the zoning anymore? And when hog is gone entirely, who deals with the flankers? Mcree?
>>
>>381445160
Spicy memes fresh of the grill, I like it
>>
>>381445189
Unless you're the developer you have no room to talk about balance.
>>
>>381445198
Ana and her Biotic "I win" Grenade are still on pretty much every team and are a death sentence for any flanker dumb enough to stick around after being hit.
>>
>>381445189
>The only people who matter are compies
>Implying rebalances don't effect the game for pub players too

You guys are the reason TF2 went to fucking shit and characters like the pyro became genuinely useless gimmick class.
>>
>>381445160
Do people not like the new map?
It's so much better than the series of bottlenecks the other 2cp maps are.
Really wish the 2nd spawn for defense was a bit farther away but it's pretty solid.
>>
>>381445414
>developer

But most developers actually know less about balance than tournament players

Developers most likely dont play their own game at a high level.
>>
>>381445198
Hog can literally still do the same job he used to. Also the best hogs are under 60% hook rate? That is shockingly low for GM.

Heres the honest truth, and something that should have occured to anyone who actually spent an ounce of testing could find: Hog's damage is still fairly high. If an enemy is damaged prior to him hooking them, they WILL still die to a basic combo. If not, then Shoot - Hook - Shoot will generally do it. Barring that, you can shoot twice.

If you're telling me that you can't kill someone whos had 90% of their health removed before they can even start shooting you, while you have three times their HP, then the only problem here is the player, and not the character.
>>
File: shrug__royal.png (3MB, 1662x2752px) Image search: [Google]
shrug__royal.png
3MB, 1662x2752px
>walk through people with my shotgun as roadhog
>he's nerfed
>walk through people with my shotgun as reaper
>>
>>381422346
There's no counterplay to being shot in the fucking head either but I dont see anyone complaining about it. Literally anything that challenges an OW player has to go, it has to change, fuck me huh.
>>
>>381445623
>pick D.va
>mfw reaper
>>
>>381420649
>it's a good thing that a hero has been made totally irrelevant in all circumstances
>what's a torbjorn
>what's a sombra
>>
>>381445710

*walks around shield matrix*
>>
>>381445710
Jokes on you having to play the most boring thing in the entire game.
>>
>>381420649
>Hanzo "telephone pole" Shimada has to aim.

Topkek
>>
>>381444584
Bastion still fucking sucks though. He's still a stationary target with low HP but now even more spread and no headshot in turret form. He still needs to be baby-sat as he goes down very quickly to any amount of focused-fire.
>>
>>381419667
I came with the power of a thousand suns when they nerfed this little bitch boy into the dust.
>>
>>381445701
because headshots are hard to get. McCree and Widow are the only characters that rely on them to be truly effective.
>>
>>381445701
Tanks and flankers are the counterplay for that if you're talking snipers.

Tanks and Healers if you're talking just general headshots anyone can do.
>>
>>381445887
D.VA is way more interesting than reinhardt
>>
>>381420649
*Hog one shots you*
>JUST WATCH URE POSITION DUH BADS

*Hanzo one shot scatter arrow*
>NERF HANZO, I CAN'T KILL HIM AS HOG

Fucking hog mains are shitters
>>
>>381445609
Go on any of the OW stat sites and see for yourself. The perception as the hookee is that all roadhogs make 100% of their hooks, but it's obviously not true. Of course hog's damage is still high. But his range and spread are still pretty piss-poor (obviously intentionally). And if you're nailing right clicks like a demon anyway, at this point you're better off picking another projectile hero. Roadhog is built around the hook as his crutch. That's why tracers and other mobile heroes shit on him when it's down.
>>
File: dead.jpg (29KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
29KB, 640x432px
>have Mcree ult
>see a phara

There's no way she can even fall out of the sky fast enough. If you're up in the air as phara and mcree has ult, there is zero chance for survival.
>>
>>381446142
No, the perception is 50% hookrate for a decent hog. Hence why 60% is shockingly low.
>>
File: 12042841180.jpg (427KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
12042841180.jpg
427KB, 595x842px
>Actually playing Roadhog
>Not just fapping to him

He was never a top pick.
>>
File: 1475457391401.jpg (100KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1475457391401.jpg
100KB, 1080x1349px
>>381445723
>A 20m range hook into 6 people isn't relevant
The hook is a massive punishment. Only dumbfucks used to flanking as Hog and getting free kills are crying over his nerf. Now he has to be with his teammates like a real tank.

>Sombra
Garbage damage but hacking the right people (Reinhardt, Genji, Tracer) really counters them hard and fucks them. EMP is really powerful but requires teamwork.

>Torbjorn
Only useful if he can keep a turret up off to the sidein the middle of some chaos, or if Orisa/Rein babysit his turret. The turret fucks Genji and Tracer but Pharah and all ranged heroes will stomp it unless a barrier is protecting it.
>>
>>381419667
>people care about balancing in a non competitive arcade arena like fps
o I am laffin
>>
>>381445894
>rework him into a shield buster
>nobody picks him to counter shield-heavy comps
You don't need to play him the entire round, but it would help push past that god-awful chokepoint in Eichenwald.
>>
>>381446292
Seriously, Sombra ruins Reinhardt. I'm surprised I don't see more pf her
>>
>>381446208
Here are stats for Harbleu, arguably one of the best roadhogs.
https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/shared/e753d75bcfd9f223

Keep in mind how easy it is to break/dodge hooks since the changes.
>>
>>381446134
>D.Va more interesting than Reinhardt

Firestrike and Charge are more interesting and fun to use than anything Shit.Va has.
>>
>>381419667
As someone who doesn't play roadhog this is hilarious. The only thing hog was good at is kills. His ult sucks and is interruptible by near everything, he is easy to fill with damage, outside of excellent team cover, and he deals no fucking damage overall. They took a low tier character with a top tier move and made him a trash tier character. Cool. Guess i'll continue to not play him and now get mad when teammates do.
>>
>>381421332
You autistic? I main Zen and never get hooked you just Dodge it by making it collide with geometry
>>
>>381446292
>Sombra
>shit damage

Sombra kills Tanks arguably faster than Soldier 76 at her optimal range.
>>
>>381446515
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that seems really fucking low for a GM player. That said you are probably right bout the dodging hooks bit.
>>
>>381446515
>2.59 hooks/minute
seems a bit high
>>
>>381446412
Her hack is a pain in the nuts to get off.
If anyone looks in her general direction the hack is canceled.
>>
File: 1496411026554.png (690KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1496411026554.png
690KB, 850x464px
>>381446774
>successfully using your ability 2 times in a minute is OP

Casuals ruined World of Warcraft and now they're ruining this
>>
>>381446637
That'e true, but it's almost never a good idea to use those abilities. Firestrike just charges support ults and charge is incredibly risky. The only time I think it's always good to charge is at the first choke of Hanamura, if they have a reinhardt too. The distance to the back of point a is pretty consistent for dumping the enemy rein off the edge
>>
Stop making these threads you cunt, every fucking day now. Go to the general or add overwatch in the title so I can filter you
>>
>>381419667
because youre playing babby's first shooter, no shit they'll pander to casuals and scrubs
>>
File: 1433143471317.webm (268KB, 570x322px) Image search: [Google]
1433143471317.webm
268KB, 570x322px
>>381446929
>it's almost never a good idea to use those abilities
>>
>>381446870
closer to three times, but yeah, when your ability is a guaranteed kill on most people, that's pretty insane.
>>
File: dont_you_boo_me.png (357KB, 496x374px) Image search: [Google]
dont_you_boo_me.png
357KB, 496x374px
>>381447082

Are you pretending to be retarded? Your average decent player can kill anywhere from five to ten people in a minute depending on circumstances. A fucking Bastian sat in the right area can do even better.
>>
>>381446637
Plus in addition if your doing anything other than Matrixing then your doing it wrong. Its no fun allowed the character.

It needs to stop sucking up shit like Junks Conc bomb, thats not a fucking projectile. Like what 95% of the cast are completely countered by one skill that amounts to holding Right Click like its some high skill shit. Shes a stupid fucking character.
>>
>>381446750
That's my point. It's not that Harb sucks, it's that people at that level know how to bait/dodge hooks. Positional awareness is one of the most important things in the game. Hog was never a real problem, salty retards were. Now we're all going to find out what real problems are.
>>
>>381447038
good argument.
Throw a firestrike at the enemy team, hit maybe three of them, get ~30% ult charged of Reinahrdt's wildly inconsistent ult. Do this regularly, and they're going to notice that every now and then, Reinhardt's shield goes away. Eventually they're going to get a pick, and rush the point with their support ults you gave them.
Don't even pretend like using charge is a good idea.
>>
>>381421861
it's almost like he counters dive comp
>>
>>381447038
>expecting D.Va shitters to understand the nuances of Reinhardt

lmao
>>
File: 0lDBxqR.gif (499KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
0lDBxqR.gif
499KB, 500x375px
>>381419667
>>
>>381447325
Hog was always a problem, its just that in the highest levels of play, hes significantly less of one. If we're taking Harb's stats into play, that still means hes averaging one kill for every two hooks, if not a bit more.
>>
>>381419667
I never thought hog was that OP.
I don't think these changes are that bad, either.
>>
File: o9GwRK3.jpg (95KB, 597x714px) Image search: [Google]
o9GwRK3.jpg
95KB, 597x714px
>>381446192
>>
>>381426652
>This is NOT a moba where you master a character and your personal godlike skill will carry the team.
that's where you're wrong, kiddo
t. top 500 tracer main
>>
>>381447487
>Hog was always a problem, its just that in the highest levels of play, hes significantly less of one.

So he's a problem solely for people who can't play the fucking game

Protip: You don't balance your game around what a dumb scrub with no game sense or game knowledge does
>>
>>381447325
If we're using Harb as an example then even in his high GM games he used to spawn camp entire teams by himself. There was nothing supports could do to get him away from the spawn doors other than pulling back the entire rest of their team to help.

Hell it used to be something he would go out of his way to do. At least hes playing McCree now instead of having to sit through boring Zarya games.
>>
>>381447603
you do if you want to get their money
>>
>>381447603
>Hurr durr only the top 0.50% players know how to play the game xD

Fuck off
>>
>>381447282
This is the only reason I hate the Roadhog changes as a Hog player. I can live with everything else except the fact that he's not a viable D.Va counter anymore. Sure you can still hook her but since Hog's burst damage has been gutted she can easily just DM and back pedal away or even fly away. Now Defense Matrix's only legitimate counterplay is Zarya.

I really wish they'd just fucking remove D.Va. Or at least fucking make it so she has to manually eject from the mech.

>wow I over extended and my mech got killed
>lol i can style ult in its dying animation :p
>>
>>381447487
I was going to respond to you, but it was just going to be a nicer version of
>>381447487

So I guess there's no point.
>>
>>381446929
>I've never played Rein before in my life
Fire strike makes sure you get ult before the enemy Rein so you can wipe the whole enemy team then bait his ult when he tries to use it. If Mercy rezzes this then you only have yourself to blame for not catching her in the ult. Charge is fine unless you dive into a group like an idiot. Zarya can toss in a bubble if needed.
>>
>>381447603
Heres the thing, hes ONLY not a problem at the highest tiers of play. If only the like top 10% of players can deal with him then theres something wrong.
>>
>HOG WAS FINE FUKNIN FAGOTS GIT GUD
>PHARAH IS BROKEN PLZ NERF
/v/
>>
File: sadfrog weathered.jpg (33KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog weathered.jpg
33KB, 251x242px
>>381447687

64% of the community sits at a level below Platinum. That is over six out of ten people who boot up this game and have no idea what they're doing, develop no skill sets, never learn anything and yet still feel as if they have some sort of say in what the overall game design should be. When these people complain, Blizzard listens due to the simple fact that 64% is larger than half and that means those stupid saps will buy more lootboxes.

You don't balance a game around what retards do. This is how you get a boring stagnant shallow shitty video game, which is the polar opposite of what Blizzard wants since they're now pumping huge amounts of money into trying to turn Overwatch into MLG shit.
>>
>>381447986
Source? Last I checked masteroverwatch said the 50% cutoff was at 2550.
>>
>>381447726
>Defense Matrix's only legitimate counterplay is Zarya.
Too bad Zarya's beam is fucking trash now that the entire playerbase above gold knows how to stop shooting.
I can only get the fucking thing above 50% when the enemy team has a Orisia or some weird garbage that spams indiscriminately. On occasion I can grab that 40% on a out of position teammate but otherwise I'm having a hard time getting the enemy to give me damage.
>>
Could they at least buff his ult, then? It's fucking dogshit.
>>
>>381428517
Ask me how I know you're from reddit.
>>
File: 1mfLV2yP1ed.jpg (397KB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1mfLV2yP1ed.jpg
397KB, 2000x1400px
hi there
>>
This is why TF2 is so much better.

Literally everything about the characters is already perfectly balanced. Each character with their own definable role, and no new characters to add that will disrupt the balance of the cast.
All valve has to do is tweak the unique items that adds extra depth to the gameplay.
>>
>>381448143

Season 3 was worse but it hasn't shifted very much at all.

Bronze - 6%
Silver - 22%
Gold - 34%
Platinum - 23%
Diamond - 10%
Master - 3%
Grandmaster - <1%
>>
>>381447790
He's not a problem any time a team uses voice comm's or even "hog behind" in chat. The fact that no one plays OW as a team game is what makes him so powerful in the lower brackets.
>>
File: fag.png (150KB, 307x244px) Image search: [Google]
fag.png
150KB, 307x244px
>>381448314
>got to a <1% percentile just by playing beatnigger
>>
File: 1451519983651.png (325KB, 354x350px) Image search: [Google]
1451519983651.png
325KB, 354x350px
Of course he got nerfed, look at the official game forums

A fucking Grandmaster can post about how Roadhog really isn't overpowered in any way and he is shouted down by 20+ people who are Silver or Bronze
>>
>>381448143
stat sites only pull stats of people who get looked up which skews extremely towards skilled players

how the fuck are you over the age of 18 and don't know basic facts about competitive games
>>
>>381448334
Exactly. And for one of a character's onlyreal weaknesses to be voice coms says that the character isn't remotely balanced.
>>
>>381448207
>Winston is the second most-played character in tournament games
>I cannot do a god damn thing with him to save my fucking life

How the fuck do you use the monkey? I know his basic theory but I just cannot seem to git gud with him no matter what I try. It feels like enemy Winstons just deal more damage than I do when I try to play him, which I know isn't true but it's still frustrating as fuck.
>>
Pudge has really been in a stable spot. I don't see the problem since you can always learn to dodge his hooks. His win rate is close to 50%.
>>
>>381419667
Only shitters in sub masters think this nerf was warranted.

Hog gets ripped apart at range, hes fat as fuck and feeds everyone ult charge, is all or nothing with his hook, but hanzo shooting logs and 450 dmg scatters across the map is fucking fine, gets denied by literally every hero in the game. Genji deflect, Tracer zipping around murdering everyone(literally fucking broken), Zarya shields, fucking Torb/Symmetra additional armor/shields will fuck a Hog over, and then you have bullshit D.Va just tap right click and fucking win. Your team has to be made of fucking retards to die to hog. And now with a dive meta where every team runs zen hog just gets discorded and ripped apart by tracer in 2 clips.

Garbage fucking game.
>>
>>381448636
>sit with team
>spam bubbles
>spam voicelines
>when you see more than two low-health enemies leap in and zap them
>leap back to your team
>occasionally rape Tracer, who will never ever gank again with you around
>>
>>381448272
>Literally everything about the characters is already perfectly balanced
>6v6s had two soldiers, two scouts, a demo, and a medic for most games
>on occasion you had another class but most of the time it was that comp
Nah
it's obvious that those four classes were a cut above the others.
>>
>>381444462
i remember the thread this got posted in first
>>
>>381448682
Y'know, I freely admit I'm shit at both playing Tracer and fighting Tracer, but if Sombra's teleporter gives away the direction she teleports to, why the fuck doesn't Tracer's recall give something similar?
>>
>>381448636
Its all about knowing your cooldowns off by heart, game sense has to be through the roof and you need to rely on your team loads. Know what fights to take and when.

It also helps to know that you'll die to fucking stupid shit like fucking scatter arrows and left click Hanzo spam. Jumping onto that Widow is never a straight up free kill, it should but it never is.
>>
>>381448556
His weakness is working as a team. In a team game. OW is not balanced around 1v1. You don't really need voice, but I'm talking about lower brackets where people may not always be keeping track of who's where on the other team. Like weird... haven't seen roadhog in about 30 se---"Come here!"
>>
>>381448636
Dive comp requires team coordination, but when you have it dive comp is very strong.
>>
>>381420853
>Ho wow, so that's why he just has to generally aim at said crown, press shift, and get a FREE kill just to do it 9 seconds later?
thats not crowd control, thats getting a pick.
>>
File: 1362425810263.jpg (24KB, 335x352px) Image search: [Google]
1362425810263.jpg
24KB, 335x352px
>>381447374
NOT ANYMORE, HE DOESN'T!
>>
File: gonna take you for a ride.jpg (79KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
gonna take you for a ride.jpg
79KB, 500x436px
>>381449046
>dive comp

"Dive comp" is the basic fucking idea of "everyone run in with Lucio and mow down their supports." Literally the only prerequisites are Lucio, good aim and a basic understanding of who heals. Roadhog could at least hook Lucio or Tracer or someone and guarantee it's disrupted, but he's fucking gone and nobody has a standard stun ability except Ana (who is too busy being the target of 6 players at once to stop anybody.)
>>
>>381449031
To effectively work as a team, especially in communication like you're saying, they need voice coms and need to be communicating properly.

I'm honestly not sure why the idea that the team needs to coordinate to take out ONE person would even remotely suggest the character is balanced in any tier either. If you need to treat one person like a MMO Raid boss, something got fucked up along the way.
>>
>>381448981
Her blinks do that already, knowing where a rewinding Tracer is going to pop out is just paying attention.
>>
>>381448636
Winston is definitely a beneficiary of the current meta. Previous he couldn't do jack shit with 3 or 4 tanks running around being instahealed by Ana, but with Ana nerfed, Lucio reworked, and the deathball meta gone in favor of dive he's free to jump wherever he wants and zap squishies. If the other team isn't running a squishy-heavy comp then you're still better off playing someone else.
>>
>>381428909
He meant slow as in he has no movement abilities; not to mention his heal roots him in place while he uses it.
>>
>>381449207
>This
With roadhog unable to get an early pick and stop the flood, I predict a decent amount of crying regarding dive in the days to come.
>>
>>381449207
>good aim
>people think dive comp requires any form of skill
yeah winston shift+m1 and genji shift+melee into a discord ana requires aim fucking lol
>>
File: IMG_0918.jpg (110KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0918.jpg
110KB, 540x532px
>>381420597

Reaper main here.
This man is 100% correct.

Pre Patch you could run up on Hog,bait hook, then fuck him in his ass and call it a day. Road hog was ALRIGHT before,he could punish anyone who didn't know what they were doing.

Now? I literally run up and fuck tanks, ALL tanks, in the mouth relentlessly.

>>381420853

and (YOU) my friend?

Are full blown retarded.
Reaper and Roadhog are NOTHING alike. Roadhog has had NOTHING Reaper needed.

It shows that you've either NEVER played Reaper more then 30min, or just suck at OW in general.
>>
>>381449317
>deathball meta gone in favor of dive

It's the same fucking thing but faster
>>
>>381445594
The game doesn't revolve around the small autistic minority who play at a "high level"
>>
>>381421663
What changed with Orisa?
>>
>>381449472
>pre patch you could run up on hog, bait hook, then fuck his ass

Jesus fuck, what garbage hogs are you playing?

Old hog didn't NEED his hook if you were any good because his regular-ass scrapgun could gib people with good shots, ESPECIALLY in reaper's effective range. Reaper had the easiest time killing hog pre-nerf, but it still relied on hog being trash.
>>
>>381449640
K then lets buff soldier, widow and hanzo a lot please

They are bad in bronze
>>
File: 1420778958166.jpg (48KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1420778958166.jpg
48KB, 500x384px
>take unique character
>ruin the only unique thing about him, and turn him into a mindless m1/m2 spamming retard
Lower his HP to 300, nerf his heal, increase the cd for his hook, fucking ANYTHING other than ruin the only fun aspect of the character
>>
File: 112132.gif (1MB, 529x352px) Image search: [Google]
112132.gif
1MB, 529x352px
>>381419667

The only players I ever one-shot killed as Roadhog were bad players who don't understand positioning and awareness whatsoever.

It seems /v/ is full of these shitters.
>>
>WAAAAH 1HKO HOG KILLS ARE BAD WAAAAAAH

>Hanzo can still 1shot
>Widow can still 1shot
>"b-b-but they take aim
Hook is still hitscan with a windup, aim is still required
>Reinhardt literally has a 1hko Pin but it's not an issue
>Mcree has a 1hit combo
>Ana has a 1hit combo
Cry more you fucking faggots you all need to off yourselves
>>
>>381449298
That's precisely my point. Team coordination is key to doing anything. Can you solo kill hog? Yes, of course you can. But usually it's smarter to not just jump in by yourself, get hooked, and then put your team down a man in the fight yet to come.
>>
File: 235256%20-%20Wendy.jpg (181KB, 850x955px) Image search: [Google]
235256%20-%20Wendy.jpg
181KB, 850x955px
>>381449640

High level players demonstrate what characters and compositions can do at their maximum level of efficiency. This allows developers to understand the absolute apex of their current designs, courtesy of "the meta," and adjust things accordingly.

If developers don't design around what these hugely skilled individuals reveal to them, you get situations like this one where a merely-okay character (who happens to be powerful against uncoordinated morons) is nerfed into oblivion for no logical reason.
>>
>>381449971
I'm agreeing, to a point however. Hog requiring that level of teamwork to deal with him alone is ridiculous and terrible design.
>>
>>381449910
Funny I got loads and loads of kills on people who had no idea I was there, had no chance to defend themselves and sometimes thanks to bullshit hook magic thought they had gotten away completely.

You must not play Hog all that much.
>>
>>381449703
They gutted her damage a few patches back.
People don't complain because there are no Orisa players
>>
>>381449570
The differences in comp greatly influence Winston's effectiveness. Deathball was tank-heavy and grouped tight, so not only was Winston's tickle gun shit but Ana+Lucio could simply outheal his damage completely. Dive comp is squishier and more spread out, which makes it much easier for Winston to get shit done. It's also why Sombra is being used more on defense, because dive comps rely on healthpacks a lot more, and then her EMP shuts everything down.
>>
>>381450080

t. retard

Hog makes the most noise just moving out of any hero in the game by far, if you somehow seriously got ambushed by a 10 foot tall mouthbreather, you'e insanely shit.
>>
>>381449951
Probably because it's fucking shit and constantly fails to work properly
>>
>>381450070
But that's the flip side of the coin. Unless hog has somehow flanked your team (which means that they now have a man less up front), he is not a high priority target anyway. He's meant to distract/zone you to keep your team from getting his team's supports.
>>
>>381450168
Try crouching or not moving sometime.
>>
File: go back to lgbt.jpg (61KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
go back to lgbt.jpg
61KB, 329x399px
>still get instantly decimated by Soldier helix + 0.01 seconds of M1
>still get instantly decimated by Grenade + Fan Cowboy Man
>still get instantly decimated by scattershot arrow of infinite skill
>still get instantly decimated by Junkrat wombo combo
>still get instantly decimated by Tracer holding M1 at me

Literally the only reason Roadhog's made people mad was because it removed control from them when hooked
>>
>>381450168
I was the one doing the bullshit hooks. You might want to read the post again before knee jerk crying.
>>
>>381450095
>They gutted her damage a few patches back
Fuck, did they? That explains a lot
>>
>>381449951
>ability that pulls the enemy out of position is the same as a risky ability that puts your out of position
Fucking pig mains, man.
Pick a real tank you dumb faggot.
>>
>>381450273
> not a high priority target

A character who, if he lands a hook is able to turn your team into a 5 v 6 who is also an excellent tank buster isn't a priority target?
>>
>>381450332
Most of the rest of the game get wrecked by all of those things.
>>
File: bungle-it beavis.jpg (62KB, 474x531px) Image search: [Google]
bungle-it beavis.jpg
62KB, 474x531px
>>381421663
>Orisa mains

She came out like 2 months ago
>>
oh look retarded mercy one trick you have ZERO
value
>>
>>381419667
One of the main reasons i stopped playing overwatch after the first nerf

im so sick of everything getting nerfed simply because of morons who refuse to change the way they play and then cry on the bliz forums almost 24 hours a day everyday to get the "big bad over powered guy" nerfed simply because they are too dumb to counter what they should of learned that he is going to do to them. i can not stand the way the devs pander to these fucking morons so they ruin it for the rest of the players because of these fuckwits who will end up not playing because they just rage quit and still have the game ruined for everyone else because of them.
>>
>>381449987
Lol cry more hogfag enjoy your nerf lmao
>>
>>381450395
You shouldn't be targeting him before healers unless he's out of position (trying to flank or do some other dumb shit).
>>
>>381450523
I stopped playing because of the endless Mercy one tricks. This latest patch really wants me to go back but I just can't be fucking bothered playing hide and seek with Mercy anymore.
>>
File: told.png (203KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
told.png
203KB, 528x528px
>>381450612
>big fat target with big fat head hitbox and no damage mitigation abilities other than a heal only useful at inconveniencing gankers

This isn't Team Fortress 2, your stupid ass Mercy isn't going to save Roadhog from focus fire.
>>
File: tumblr_orm6llQmzn1wpp4hao1_raw.png (971KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orm6llQmzn1wpp4hao1_raw.png
971KB, 1200x1500px
>Not even MoonMoon will touch Roadhog anymore
>>
File: bastion_go.png (715KB, 846x532px) Image search: [Google]
bastion_go.png
715KB, 846x532px
Who is your guilty pleasure? Actual bastion main here.
>>
So what exactly was changed?
>>
>>381450853
Thats a shame because it was the only reason he ever reached the position he got to.
>>
>>381450813
If he's huffing gas with a mercy up his ass, it would be far better to go after the mercy if possible. If he's sitting out by himself with no barriers, go nuts. But like I said, that would be bad positioning on his part.
>>
>>381419667
>>was in a stable spot

absolutely not. His core kit was flawed and needed a rework entirely. he was ether way to strong in some situations and totally useless in others.

for instance, if you got a pick you could have hims swing around to the enemy spawn and just spawn camp whoever tried to trickle back, and there would be nothing you could do because he wins every 1v1 engagement except against maybe Mei. Beyond that he struggled to be useful in a sustained teamfight besides stalling out a point which would ultimately just feed the enemy team ult. He can still one shot any character 200 or lower plus hes an acceptable anti-phara and overall has a more consistent role and damage output
>>
File: peter crying face sad.jpg (8KB, 209x234px) Image search: [Google]
peter crying face sad.jpg
8KB, 209x234px
>>381421663
orisa was fun but now anyone can just run over her cause she does no damages no problem its not fair
>>
>>381421569
>no damage mitigation
a tank is a tank, because it aggros, no because it's suppose to soak up damage, though it should take some hits too.
A support, is a support, because it can change the flow of battle, like 6 people running straight from spawn to the battlefioeld or every hero on your team getting buffed, or say someone you were trying to kill suddenly gets out of lethal range. A Support, SUPPORTS. A tank aggros
>>
>like Roadhog as a concept because in a wish fulfillment snowflake future utopia populated by ethnically-diverse Captain Planet faggots, he's just some displaced Godhand character who hauls ass
>they made him useless
>>
>>381451028
>His core kit was flawed and needed a rework entirely. he was ether way to strong in some situations and totally useless in others.

Complete nonsense, he was probably one of the most focused and balanced characters in the game

He was a huge target with a large head hitbox who charged enemy ults and couldnt protect himself, but he offset this by securing picks on high value targets
>>
>nerf McCree and Widow hard last year
>now Hog is nerfed
Why is balancing so hard?
>>
>>381421954
>Wasting a sticky on Hog
do you love talking about shit you don't know about?

Mine is an easy escape from the front of the battlefield. Junkrat only hasd 200 hp, so he shouldn't be where people can shoot the everlovingfuck out of him.
>>381421830
Been noticing Junkrat's been nice to me since the meta became extremely aggroheavy. Junkrat does well forcing people to slow the fuck down and watch where you're going.
>>
>>381449951
You are a fucking retard and probably bronze
>>
>>381450354
Yeah, she basically can't properly trade with anyone, her only role is putting down shields and sometimes throwing a dumbfuck into the abyss.
>>
>>381451028
Get gud.
Roadhog hitbox makes him utter shit against mid-tier skill level.
>>
>>381451232
Come on man, I played Roadhog and calling him "balanced" is not even close to right. He'd be balanced if his instant kill combo didn't have nearly as much range as McCree's optimal M1. And spamming M2 at mid range as a viable way of fighting, you can even score instant kills on 200 HP heroes. Reaper would still be fucking worthless after his buffs because of Hog's high burst damage and the fact that Hook stuns you. Hog needed to be changed, I'm just not sure if this was the correct way.
>>
>>381423196
>jump in
>oh wait
>walk in because if you jump in you'll die before jump comes off cooldown
>walk in
>drop your shield which dies in two seconds to random enemy fire
>deal no damage
>leap out a second later because you're almost dead
>repeat until you can punch people with your no-damage fists

my favorite meme is how blizzard removed momentum from his shield so you can't drop it while leaping anymore if you want the shield to land where you're landing
>>
File: JunkratKira.png (692KB, 1299x1197px) Image search: [Google]
JunkratKira.png
692KB, 1299x1197px
>>381450914
Junkrat. I don't care how good or bad he's supposed to be, he's just consistently fun as fuck to play. Nobody fucking watches the ground, conc mine has some creative uses, and with just the barest hint of support he can close off entire lanes of travel at a time. At least until a Pharah sneezes in my direction and I need to switch off
>>
>>381451731
>my favorite meme is how blizzard removed momentum from his shield so you can't drop it while leaping anymore if you want the shield to land where you're landing
This is actually a good thing because now you can jump over something a put a shield down in a good location without having to risk yourself, like on an ulting Reaper or D.Va. If you want the shield where you are you can just put it down a few frames before you land.
>>
>>381451345
>do you love talking about shit you don't know about?

Hog is an ult battery. No point charging your ult only to waste it on the Hog, you should be using it to instagib their support or DPS.

Ideally you leave Hog alive so he can huff his gas and you can squeeze another 300 HP worth of charge out of him. If you don't stand at that sweetspot where his M2 can explode right in your face, he shouldn't ever kill you.
>>
>>381420994
Fuck. That would have been great...
>>
WHY THE FUCK DIDNT THEY MAKE ROADHOG RELOADING HIS GUN DURING TAKE A BREATHER OR ULT WHEN THEY MADE REAPER RELOAD during his wraith form?
>>
>>381452195
Because Roadhog's ult isn't allowed to be good
>>
>>381451989
Before it would protect you while you were falling. From stuff like Torb turrets and anyone shooting at you.
>>
>>381420994
>Ana, McCree,Reaper,Tracer, and Zarya can easily escape
>Pharah and junkrat can potentially escape with a well timed conc
Sign me the fuck up.
I can't see any roadhog player liking this
>>
>>381452319
Hog's Ult is good though. it isn't even near terrible Ults like Riptire or Rocket Barrage.
>>
File: IMG_5230.jpg (361KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5230.jpg
361KB, 595x842px
>people ITT are saying Hog doesn't suck
>Seagull, Calvin, and Harbleu, the best Hog player ever, all say that he's useless now
>>
>Nerf the Hog and remove his entire reason for existing because one-hit-kills with the counterplay other than 'don't get hit' are cancer in multiplayer games
>Hanzo's skillarrow is still in the game
>>
>>381452662
Hog needed to be changed. Reaper and Roadhog are in the same exact struggle as Soldier 76 and McCree, they compete for the same space and cannot exist with one another. If Hog was not changed, even after Reaper's Life Steal buff Hog would still make him worthless.
>>
>>381452662
>reddit streamers whining about changes that fix their broken character means he sucks now
>>
>>381452904
Then get rid of the spread buff they gave him, lower damage by 15%.

Before Hook 2.0, the spread made it so it wasn't always a guaranteed kill.
>>
>>381452621
>Hog's Ult is good though
100% wrong.
>>
Can we discuss how McCree is the most obnoxious fucker in the game now?
>>
>>381429167
>enemy team on the point with Reind, all behind his shield shooting at my team's choke
>Reindhart drops his shield to let it recharge
>peek and hook enemy lucio
>"lol he was out of position"
>>
>>381453412
I've certainly noticed his pickrate go up but I can't say it's a bad thing.

1) It means I have a better chance of being able to pick Soldier when I want to go DPS

2) Most McCrees at my level still can't shoot for shit

3) He still has zero mobility and generally an easy kill for half the cast.

His ult is better but hardly ever game changing.
>>
File: 7ef.png (112KB, 418x455px) Image search: [Google]
7ef.png
112KB, 418x455px
>>381453412
>playing support
>It's HIGH NOON
>death
>>
>>381454017
100% the Reinhardts fault. If Reinhardt called out that his shield was dropping and their team did not fall back to the preplanned safe spots while Reinhardts shield recharged they deserve to die. It is simple to counter Roadhog because their team knew where he was when Reinhardts shield was and Lucio did not go into cover.
>>
Hook should have a 12 second cool down.
>>
>>381448682
>t. mad hog maining 12 year old
>>
File: season 5 week 3.png (112KB, 961x541px) Image search: [Google]
season 5 week 3.png
112KB, 961x541px
>>
>>381454440
>Mercy's pistol
>5 shots per second
>40 damage on a headshot

Even if only half the team shoots back, it's still not difficult to shut down a ulting McCree. The difficulty has just gone from 'a spastic blind child could do it' to 'still pretty easy unless the McCree has a really good angle on you'
>>
>>381453412
His ult is one of those things that can only ever be overpowered or underpowered, it needs a proper rework so it actually rewards skill.
>>
>>381454754
>It's High Noon
>McCree freezes in place and the mouse cursor appears
>Skull icons appear over every enemy player's head in view
>Left click on each skull to lock on
>After locking on to all the skulls the ult fires a killshot at each one
>No way to fire early, you have to get all of them or none at all
>>
>>381419667
They should just delete that character from the game completely. Why do tanks get to do more damage than DPS characters? It makes no sense.
>>
>>381453412
>Already play McCree
>McCree gets buffed
>Wild laughter
>>
>>381453412
>McCree
>more obnoxious than Tracer, Genji, D.Va, Mei, or Lucio

Nah.
>>
>>381455218
There is no such thing as a DPS class.
>>
>>381455321
>Already play McCree
>McCree gets buffed
>Now all the Soldier-maining babies are instalocking my dude
>They can't headshot for shit and get all of their ults defense matrix'd

I wish this buff had never happened.
>>
>>381452662
First day of Seagull playing new hog:
>... From lone hog to team hog...
Can break shields super fast thanks to his speed boost and can still pull out of position people into your own team to focus
>>
>>381420283
>>A better reaper at very close range
This is Reaper's fault mostly.
>>
>>381455643
He deals less DPS factoring in reloads than before the change
>>
>>381455374
ok bro
>>
File: 1485.jpg (31KB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1485.jpg
31KB, 659x609px
>literally no one will play Roadhog post-nerf
>his representation will drop the bottom

>Jeff will be forced to buff him back to 1-shot levels eventually or redesign him massively from the ground up with actual support abilities
>>
>>381419667
>Spread and damage are absolute gabage

>But he can shoot fast!

If he can only do a MAXIMUM 200 damage with hook+shot(all pellets hitting)+melee when the enemy is hugged up against him, what is the point of having rapid fire shots if falloff makes it even weaker and the spread is so bad you miss 80%?

Other than fucking with bastions and Winston's, hog is an awful pick now.

Mei, reaper, and orisa now hard counter him, and by proxy of shield generator, sym soft counters him
>>
>>381455772
DPS is supposed to be roughly the same, how much is the difference?
>>
File: 1380837687172.jpg (58KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1380837687172.jpg
58KB, 450x600px
>>381419667
A no-skill character that gets commitment-free kills by pressing a button every 8 seconds while also having a fast charging ultimate and the highest HP in the game gets nerfed... And I am supposed to care why?

This hero is anti-fun and nobody likes playing with or against it. Roadhog can die forever for all I care. Roadhog being utter trash is the best place for him.
>>
>>381455947
They haven't bothered to do shit with the other characters scraping the bottom of the barrel, why would they start now?
>>
>>381456214
4.8% less DPS after patch without reloads, 9.8% with reloads.
>>
>>381454754
It'd be retarded but
>he activates ult
>no one can shoot until he says "draw," holding down the button doesn't work
>everyone's first shot one shots
>>
>>381456464
Like who? Roadhog is the only one they've nerfed into the ground. EVERY OTHER CHARACTER has a use and sees comp play (the metric that matters the most). Only trolls, griefers, and other toxic players are using him in comp now.
>>
>>381454754
>His ult is one of those things that can only ever be overpowered or underpowered, it needs a proper rework so it actually rewards skill.
That sounds like the entire game of Overwatch my man.
>>
>>381456357
t. shitter
>>
>>381451232
i agree, he traded high value picking and a self heal for a basically everything else, most notably (and ironically with a 899 potential health pool) survivability because if he missed the hook and any dps with decent aiming, certain tanks and certain supports could melt his ass at mid range or even close because of his accuracy and low rate of fire. His big ass head hitbox really didnt help that either
>>
>>381457478
>899
?????????????????????????????????

he takes half health goes down to 300 hundred uses heal heals 300 that's a pool of 900 idiot
>>
>>381456516
Interesting, must be placebo then because of the speed
>>
>blizzard

>every patch there is something terribly op
>always listen to what the lower of the low say

easy blizzard balance
>>
File: 1498090359675.png (320KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1498090359675.png
320KB, 800x1000px
>Roadhog well on the way to "Please Switch" status in Comp
>Anons saying that he's fine
>>
>>381419667
Here is the real reason. Ignore everything else.
Blizzard didn't like the way the character was played. He was never supposed to one shot everyone for no reason. He was The Hookâ„¢ character that hooks people and pulls them to him.
What they have done is made changes that people aren't too worried about, like the 8 sec cooldown. Everyone is ok with it, then they do this nerf to his one shot. Suddenly Hog is absolute trash.
What they have done is set up a position where they redesign the character without upsetting too many people, because the next update is going to bring his hook cooldown back to 6 sec and they are going to increase stun on it, and they will increase the range on the hook.

Hog will be played the way he was meant to be played, and people aren't going to whine too much, because that update is going to be seen as a massive buff.
>>
File: I shall partake.jpg (2MB, 2400x1613px) Image search: [Google]
I shall partake.jpg
2MB, 2400x1613px
>tfw Reaper and other team is filled with tanks
>>
>>381419667
>easy to kill
>can outheal most DPS
>>
>>381446258
best post
tfw can't play heroes that aren't symmetra, junkrat or torb
>>
File: 10813280180.png (38KB, 232x175px) Image search: [Google]
10813280180.png
38KB, 232x175px
>>381460554
Arent those usually the bottom 3 picks in comp?
>>
>>381448314
I feel special now
>>
>>381422184
>"You aren't supposed to carry no matter how skilled you are"
i can now consistently 1v2 or 1v3 sometimes with reaper, in team fights i usually kill 4/6 alone. blizz just doesnt have a good team of testers.
>>
Reminder that it doesn't matter what you post most of these people in this thread aren't good enough to see that Road was balanced. Instead they'll call you a Road main even if you're not

If you don't want a game that nerfs the noob barriers you're honestly better off playing a good fighting game or an old shooter. Games these days pander to complaints far too often, this shit started getting bad in League of Legends and is spreading many other games.

Pharah and Genji are probably next.
>>
>>381422184
>The thing you have to understand with blizzard is they are wanting more people to play their game, Hog, genji, release Mcree all were characters that went against the OW mentality which is "You aren't supposed to carry no matter how skilled you are"

i am glad that there is someone else understanding blizzard

>>381422209
you must be new to blizzard games
>>
>>381464268
Soldier seriously needs to get nerfed again and it's not even memeing.

>highest attack hero and top 5 of all heroes in every tier
>on both PC and console
>one of the highest pro pickrates
They're not going to nerf Mercy after they just buffed her, so Soldier's on the chopping block next.
>>
>>381464268
>balanced
>can point-and-click delete any character every 9 seconds

pick one
>>
==================================
sub-diamond trash not allowed to post under this line, your opinion is worthless
==================================
>>
>>381464849

Nice fallacy instead of an actual argument.
>>
>>381464898
This is my first comp season, I climbed from gold to plat, and my opinion is that Hog is more fun to play as now.
>>
>>381464753

The McCree and Reaper changes might actually bring 76 in line. I don't think 76 is really op and more that those two were never good enough.
>>
>>381464898

I wouldn't even allow low diamond to be honest. Not much is different between a 2900 player and a 3000 one.
>>
>>381465303
Wow, a homophobic insult instead of an actual response.

>fallacy

Some men like to suck dicks. Get over it.
>>
>>381465485
Not with how big dive comps have become. Soldier has better mobility than either of them, and is better than either at long range which means he has a better time both keeping up with his team and shooting the other team.
>>
File: 1437801784254.png (96KB, 328x218px) Image search: [Google]
1437801784254.png
96KB, 328x218px
>>381465647
>>
>>381465647
Reddit leave, please
>>
>>381444849
t. someone who never played Hog on the PTR nor live since the nerf
>>
>>381419667
Blizzard nerfs Roadhog, meanwhile some other very fun game mechanics that are allowed to stay include:

>Widowmaker's instakill headshot
>Hanzo's instakill scatter arrow and headshot
>Symmetra's 200 dps aimless microwave oven gun latching onto you

>people bitch about Hog's hook instead of bitching about the aforementioned bullshit

B R A V O
>>
>>381466953
alll 3 of those take more skill than roadhog lmao gtfo nerd
>>
File: Competitive_Bronze_Icon.png (16KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Competitive_Bronze_Icon.png
16KB, 256x256px
>>381467571
>muh takes muh skill
They're obviously luck based unless you're in GM you fucking faggot

Also
>symmetra takes more skill than roadhog
Spotted the bronze. Make it less obvious next time
>>
>>381467571
>anything in overwatch requiring skill
>>
>>381467852
A good widow is pretty skilled desu
>>
>>381467571
>symmetra aimbot takes any skill
go back to wood league fag
>>
>>381467765
>complaining about Symmetra or any defense character
No anon, you are the bronze.
>>
>>381459383
>TFW Harb pretty much dumped hog on stream for Zarya and reaps
Feels bad.
>>
>>381420597
>It's better to have 200 health and die than have 600 health with no armor
What did he mean by this ?
>>
File: 1490469637686.jpg (486KB, 1507x1423px) Image search: [Google]
1490469637686.jpg
486KB, 1507x1423px
What I got from reading this thread is that people still play Overwatch despite getting mad nearly every time they play it instead of picking up anything else.
>>
If Roadhog is now a character that needs to cooperate with his team for his one gimmick, why not take Reinhardt, Winston, or Zarya over him? They both support teams far better, since they were originally designed for it.
>>
>>381469261
This desu
People suck
>>
File: 1465741169970.jpg (70KB, 864x755px) Image search: [Google]
1465741169970.jpg
70KB, 864x755px
I'm lovin' all these Roadshit tears.
>>
>>381469285
That's what people are doing, especially Winston because dive comps. The only thing this nerf is doing is catering to whiny retards and making it that much harder to counter dive comps.
>>
Ana is the most fun character anyway.

>tfw you sleep an ult genji and a faggot wakes him up 2 seconds later.
>>
File: 1496014125283.gif (113KB, 351x398px) Image search: [Google]
1496014125283.gif
113KB, 351x398px
>>381467765
>>381467852
>>381468823
salty hogfags are sooo fucking mad LOL
boy, sure sucks that you actually have to learn to play the game now, huh? Wew! :)
>>
>>381469285
You don't. I think fat piggy may find a place in dealing with rogue tracers, but he's no longer the anti-dive death machine that he was. You can't hook and kill a mercy coming in for rez before she gets Q off, you can't one hit quit a dragonblade. Why not just have a zarya or D.va? Better ults, more utility.
>>
>>381469261
Soon overwatch is going to be in the same level as league of legends
>>
>>381469285
Because...uh...positioning? No other tank can reposition enemy...*a wild Reignhardt appears in frount of u*

No no I meant he can self heal...*zayra regenates health and sheilds friendly*

Wait wait...he can knock enemys back*Winston leaps in and punchs them back*

He can block damage with his fat!...*every other tank holds up their shield*
>>
>>381464753
Soldier is always going to be a top console pick because of his heal and his sustained damage. The lack of turnspeed to make tracer/genji work plus the unreliability of headshots means that burst/pick potential is incredibly low, and combat tend to be sustained firefights, where soldier's health regen and bullet hose can truly shine.
>>
>>381469728
...He said, seconds before a winston, tracer and genji descended upon his asshole, widening it by at least 8 inches.
>>
>>381453412
>tfw getting into the zone and nailing all the headshots
Most satisfying character in the game
>>
>>381421256
>How long until the new meta is just an entire team full of tracers and maybe one tank.
Season 1 of comp OW
>>
>>381453412
Mcree is the fucking man. Literally git gud. His buff was just his ult.
>>
>>381469840
First day off the boat
>>
>still farming salty tears out of fags with Roadhog and Junkrat
Favourite dynamic duo
>>
>>381446258
This to be honest
>>
>>381419667
If Dubs all nerfs will be reverted and hook CD lowered to 4 seconds
>>
>>381472978
if my post numbers are doubled you go posthaste back to plebbit where you belong
>>
>>381419667
Not a serious FPS, literally doesn't matter
>>
>>381419667
go away randy pitchfork
>>
I think hog is in a perfect position his hook needed a longer cd and rework and his E is way to powerful and he can roam solo

t.hogmain
>>
>>381473229
LOL nice one fag. Enjoy ur dubless life
>>
File: 3134513523.jpg (127KB, 1200x1155px) Image search: [Google]
3134513523.jpg
127KB, 1200x1155px
heres one of the shitty box codes from twatch prime since I don't play this SHIT game

533F-LFXF-SRTPG-R3PS-8KRT

first come first served
>>
>>381469790
It already is desu.
>fotm patches that make one character super strong and after a while they nerf him back to nothing
>people report you for playing off meta and muh ((toxicity))
>people give up the moment something goes wrong
>blizzard would much rather pump out cosmetics and events than actual needed content for their game
The only difference is now there's voice chat.
>>
>>381474793
Holy shit, I actually claimed it.

Thanks, my dude.
>>
File: Polish warlord.jpg (42KB, 519x642px) Image search: [Google]
Polish warlord.jpg
42KB, 519x642px
>>381475392
Glad I could make 1 person happy with it since nobody in my 20+ chat group wanted it and at least 10 people have the game
>>
>>381475392
enjoy your ugly non-event legendary
>>
>>381475697
I was going to take a screenshot to prove you wrong, but it was a lucio hockey skin and I have the anniversary skin.
>>
File: overwatch (2).jpg (406KB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch (2).jpg
406KB, 2000x1400px
>>381422209

Nigger, before this recent nerf, he was the 4th most used "tank" behind Dva, Winston, and Reinhardt.
>>
>>381476927

edit: I should note this is for higher elo players. I guess blizzard really is balancing around bronze.
>>
>>381477021
>I guess blizzard really is balancing around bronze.
More likely Gold/Plat since that's where a majority of players are.
>>
>>381464268
>Pharah
>needing a nerf

Lmao.
>>
>>381420994
Holy shit. Why didn't this happen?
>>
>>381478291
because Blizzard is retarded
>>
>>381420994

t. somebody who never played roadhog

>hook
>stun
>er.. wait, now its trapped
>almost every character in the game escapes or stuns you
>>
>>381420413
>>Love this meme.
>enough that you will read and post in every topic about roadhog
Love this meme.
>>
I understand both sides of the argument here.
On one hand Roadhog was objectively broken. There's just no excuse to make a character who can one-shot anyone with absolutely no skill whatsoever. Nerfs were bound to happen.

On the other hand this change didn't balance him. It just makes him suck. They may as well remove him from the game.
They should make it so his normal lmb does the same amount of damage pre-nerf but the actual hook and shot damage is nerfed. That way Hog can still be a threat at close range but not have a broken insta-kill move.
Thread posts: 497
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.