[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the right time to pick up Destiny?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: PS4-1200x1500.jpg (533KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PS4-1200x1500.jpg
533KB, 1200x1500px
Is this the right time to pick up Destiny?
>>
>new one is out in less than half a year
no
>>
>>381413996
So? I don't want to miss the first one if I'm to play the second.
>>
>>381413996
>new one has a nigger on the cover
>first one doesn't

Just buy it if you want to play it. I'm pretty sure it's on sale atm on PSN.
>>
Is there any cool singleplayer or decent lore that isnt on the wiki? Or is it just all activision COD'd mind numbing corridors?
>>
>>381414287
It's on disc with all DLC and it's pretty cheap.
>>
>>381414119
you're not missing much.
>>
>>381413818
Christ no. It never was.
>always-online bullshit
>best gear becomes worthless as soon as the next DLC is out
>Jewing the fuck out of their customers, even season pass buyers
>>
>>381414119
You're not really missing much. The first Destiny was basically Bungie shitting the bed and then spending the next couple years trying to salvage it. There's no really overarching story you'll miss as there really wasn't one. If you wanna play Destiny then just wait for 2.
>>
I'm a PCfat and interested in getting Destiny 2. Is the story of Destiny 1 important or is it rather meh and just an excuse for loot collecting? Should I bother catching up?
>>
>>381415303
>or is it rather meh and just an excuse for loot collecting?

This. It's very banal but I think it's done that way on purpose so you can self insert very easily.
>>
>>381415303
just read up on it. i seriously recommend you not buy the game to find out.
>>
>>381414470
>>381415303

The fun part of destiny is advancing your character

You'll get the same experience in 2, surrounded by a better overall game.

Here's the story of destiny 1:

"The Darkness" and Space God don't like each other

Space god is a giant moon-sized orb with loosely defined powers. It roams around recruiting races to imbue with power and fight "The Darkness"

It is not clear whether "The Darkness" is an entity, a race, a religion, or literally the covenant from halo. You fight four factions in the game, space bugs, space zombie-cockroaches, WH40k space marines, and space starwarsprequeldroids. These four enemies are all referred to as "the darkness" at one point or another, but all have different motivations and don't really work together. The space bugs want to steal the power of Space God from the humans, the space zombieroaches are like a cult that worships "the darkness" or rather they worship some cthulhu-esque worm gods of the deep who may or may not be the darkness. The space marines just like to fuck shit up, and the space droids also maybe worship the darkness or want to become the universe or some shit.

If this sounds like a poorly thought out mess, that's because it is. In some interview recently some people from bungie outright admitted they didn't think it through and just made it up as they went along and also didn't have a plan as to what "the darkness" actually would be.

The events of the game are you find and destroy something called the "black heart" which may or may not be the darkness, then the space cockroaches start turning people into cross-dimensional phantom revenants and you put a stop to that shit, and then the space bugs uncover some old human techno-virus which is literally the techno-organic-virus from marvel comcis and you go to prevent that shit from fucking everything up.

Then the space marines go to your base and kill all your dudes and break all your shit which is the start of Destiny 2.
>>
>>381415884
Also there are a few bits of background detail that are kind of interesting

The game takes place some time after "the darkness" attacked humanity and kind of won, and space god seems to have died or gone into rest mode and now protects just a small patch of earth which is your base before it got destroyed by the space marines.

There are hints that it may not have done this of its own free will, we know that the space bugs were previously empowered by space god and then it abandoned them. We also have hints that an old human AI defense system called war mind rasputin may have threatened to nuke space god if it abandoned humanity. Rasputin is not entirely on our side, it was programmed to protect humanity but in the face of overwhelming loss to the darkness it rewrote itself with some new loosely defined goals that seem to have to do with preserving human technology or something. It was protecting the techno-virus that the space bugs let loose, but has also opposed the humans in other situations that I don't really remember or know much about.
>>
>>381413818
>DLC in vouchers, not on disc
>You still have to download 30GB worth of updates

Was thinking in getting Destiny but nope'd hard and got Titanfall 2 instead.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.