[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had dreams/nightmares about video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: yume nikki15.jpg (483KB, 1030x1540px) Image search: [Google]
yume nikki15.jpg
483KB, 1030x1540px
Have you ever had dreams/nightmares about video games?
>>
not really, but I tend do dream as if I were controlling myself like in a video game
>>
Had a nightmare I was stuck in Mario 64 once. It wasn't quite the same game though, the castle layout and the levels were all very different from normal. And also quite unfair.

No friendly NPCs anywhere. Literally every living creature was just there to kill me. I remember the new desert level being fucking horrible because it was hot as fuck and had giant sand monsters everywhere. Never made it to a fire world. I had no Mario powers or anything, no power ups either.

The worst thing was the isolation and the complete lack of any time passing, which meant I never had any idea how long I'd actually been there. Everything was blocky like an actual N64 game, but a lot of stuff looked shitty, like a badly done ROM hack. The whole thing felt like a bad ROM hack, actually. There were new enemies who were basically circles, whose eyes would just be floating in front of them staring and unblinking. That kind of unnerving low poly sort of stuff.

I kept dying over and over, and after what felt like months I started having panic attacks about there being nobody to talk to and no way to escape. I felt like the only way out was to beat the game, but that felt impossible. I just kept dying over and over and respawning in the castle courtyard for some reason.

Then I woke up.

Looking at this it reads like a shitty creepypasta but it was a genuine nightmare I had.

Now I kind of want to make a rom hack out of it.
>>
>>381412516
sounds pretty spooky
>Looking at this it reads like a shitty creepypasta but it was a genuine nightmare I had.
At least you didn't mention any hyper-realistic graphics or a mario without any eyes or anything like that.
>>
Pretty often actually. I mostly play before going to bed. Often they are repetative as in I keep doing the same move or sequence of motions over and over again.
>>
Sabitsuki > Madotsuki > Urotsuki
>>
What are some not so scary horror games? I like scary stuff, but I get spooked too easy.
>>
>>381413531
>not so scary horror games
I might get some shit for saying this but Silent Hill 1 - 4.
It's not that they're not scary, but I feel as though they never try too aggressively to scare you, and you never leave feeling bad about being scared like in the same way you would from being spooked by a Youtube screamer.
>>
>>381411572
>do you ever have autism
ftfy
>>
>>381414535
I always have autism
>>
>>381414428
I'll try them out after I'm done with/pussy out of finishing The Nameless Game
>>
File: 1484894466557.png (276KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1484894466557.png
276KB, 500x475px
I had a dream about the beginning departure scene in Wind Waker. The situation was the same except I was on the ship and my irl grandmother was waving goodbye from the house with this sullen look on her face.
That shit hit deep to the point that I woke up with tears in my eyes.
>>
File: root canal.gif (1MB, 300x292px) Image search: [Google]
root canal.gif
1MB, 300x292px
>>381411572
I have nightmares about my teeth rotting/breaking/falling out occasionally.
>>
all the fucking time. I still have dreams about Bloodborne. Wish I could play it again
>>
File: c8M76tJ.png (194KB, 321x600px) Image search: [Google]
c8M76tJ.png
194KB, 321x600px
>>381412969
This nigga knows what's up.
>>
>>381411572

Only one. No real idea why, and I'm not a "Waifu" kind of person. I'm married, in my late 30's, with 2 kids, and completely happy in my love life. I incessantly have uncontrollable sex-dreams about Triss from the Witcher. Not even from Witcher 3. Just from the whole series. Ever since I played the first game.

Only character i've ever done that about, and I'm not even a big fan of the series. I played through them, but jesus christ it's been annoying me for years and years. Few times a week. Usually incredibly vivid.

sigh.
>>
>>381411572
I used to have really realistic WoW dreams, to the point of wondering where my new items were when I logged on the next day

I'm glad it's over
>>
>>381415175
I once had a dream where I was stuck in an aquarium inside of a pitch black room, and my teeth disintegrated while I disemboweled myself with my bare hands

I say dream and not nightmare because it didn't hurt and seemed like the right thing to do at the time
>>
When I was in High School me and some buddies were really into PSO, but none of us had online capabilities.

After me showing them the game on my Dreamcast, we decided to all get it on Gamecube so we could play locally together and still play solo when we weren't together.

Anyway, after school on a Friday we all stayed at one friend's house and 4player co-op'd all night. Literally pulled an all-nighter - we were playing from like 5pm Friday to around 8pm Saturday (with occassional 10 minute breaks). His mum was a saint, keeping us fed and watered.

Anyway, that Saturday night I went home and crashed out around 9.30pm, and basically had a fever dream where I was endlessly running through that long corridor before the Dark Falz fight on Ruins 3. I kept getting to the door at the end only for it to be another corridor.

Weird.
>>
File: 43323-4DPrinceofPersia.jpg (22KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
43323-4DPrinceofPersia.jpg
22KB, 480x300px
>>381411572
when I was young I cant even play through Prince of Persian and keep dying by those needle traps
damn that cause me horrible nightmares of him being stabbed by needles
>>
File: 1454017325200.jpg (89KB, 670x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454017325200.jpg
89KB, 670x480px
>>381412969
Which game is Urotsuki from? Or did you mean to write Usotsuki?
>>
>>381415175
Are you a virgin by any chance?
>>
>>381411572
I once had a wet dream dream about video games. Does that count?
>>
>>381416119
Yume 2kki
>>
>>381415880
I feel your pain
>>
No but I frequently have really eleborate dreams about the real world not being what it seems to be. There is a lot of great ones I remember but I can't really be bothered writing them down.

Also whats the best way to lucid dream?
>>
>>381415493
I've had this.
I also once referred to money as 'gold' accidentally in real life before. I wanna die.
>>
File: madotsuki falling off the bed.jpg (144KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
madotsuki falling off the bed.jpg
144KB, 512x512px
I'm still trying to figure that out.
I've only had a lucid dream once and it ended really quickly.
>>
I've never considered it a nightmare, but I once had strange dream about Animal Crossing.

The dream wasn't even about me personally playing the game, instead it was like watching a gameplay video. Everything started off as just regular AC gameplay, just having a chill time catching bugs and whatnot, until suddenly sirens in the town start going off and a volcano off in the background starts erupting.

The player character then starts running back to his house and all of the animal villagers can be seen scrambling to get back to their homes as well. When the player character finally makes it inside his house he just waits around on the first floor for a while, all while screams and explosions can be heard outside. Eventually he finally goes back outside where the sky is red and the entire town is destroyed. All of the trees were burnt, all of the houses were on fire, the volcano could still be seen erupting in the background, the little river that runs through the town and the ocean were now flowing lava, and not a single villager was anywhere to be seen. It basically looked like the town had been teleported to hell.

Pretty sure I woke up after that point.
>>
>>381415175
I had dream I was pushing my teeth with my tongue and I eventually broke through.
>>
File: a_horrified_expression.png (9KB, 146x200px) Image search: [Google]
a_horrified_expression.png
9KB, 146x200px
>>381415175
Same. Had a dream I was looking into the mirror, leaning on the edge of my bathroom sink. Mouth felt funny, so I opened it wide and looked in. Teeth felt weird, so I pulled at one, it came out. Pulled out a few more, then they started falling out on their own. Felt horrified, until I stood there staring at my reflection, gumless, gaping in revulsion. Woke up in a sweat, terrified, never forgot.
Also dreamt I grew old very rapidly before. Read somewhere they're connected, I think.
>>
Since turning 11, which coincided with my parents giving me a ps1 I've had constant dreams about vidya.
Not sure how literally everybody on this board isn't the same way.
>>
>>381417265
Same here
I guess staying up till morning doesn't help either
>>
File: slowpoke_skelly.png (60KB, 390x399px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke_skelly.png
60KB, 390x399px
Not directly related to a specific video game but I had a dream that had some shit related to it.
>wandering around some odd gear looking floors looking like some top down RPG maker thing
>end up getting chased by some nondescript monster
>find it weird since I've never actually played ao oni or any related games
>eventually dream cuts to some type of mansion
>climb up some stairs and enter some big room
>there's some sort of high class party going on with fancy drinks and waiters serving snacks
>about to eat one of them when one of the other guests start having copious amounts of foam coming from their mouths
>it starts happening to everyone else in the room
>see someone that I felt was important foam out too
>find the nearest exit and start running
>foam billows out and chases me
>run down this long-ass hallway with this weird corrosive foam giving chase
>find a turn and dive out of the way but manage to lose my arm
>don't like the results and reload some sort of save state to before the party
>everything is repeating in the same order
>except the one person I felt was important
>manage to convince them to not eat the food
>foam starts happening and we get the fuck out of there
>during the escape they get caught in the foam
>after I make it to safety I reload again
>this goes on repeatedly with various negative results
>eventually manage to escape with both me and the person completely unscathed
>wake up
I assume the second part was a lucid dream because I don't see why there'd be save states in a dream.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.