[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never thought I'd have to say this but, I hate this goddamn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: Valve.jpg (34KB, 648x365px) Image search: [Google]
Valve.jpg
34KB, 648x365px
I never thought I'd have to say this but, I hate this goddamn company so fucking much
>>
File: concerned todd.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
concerned todd.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
Why's that anon? Uncle todd always listens, unlike gabeN who is a meanie towards the young uns.
>>
wow aren't you special
>>
>>381411492
Only moves I dislike by them are
1: paid mods bullshit
2: being slow

apart from that they're still better than most other vidya companies

the entire industry is shit right now.
>>
I hate the direction they're taking Dota 2. The game is getting filled with shitty cosmetics with shitty particle effects. At least before the source 2 version you could download a mod that removed all cosmetics from the game. You can't do that anymore.
>>
assblasted spy main i presume?
>>
>>381412176
A bulk of their most respected staff have been leaving recently, Anon.

Their time is over, we need a new champion.
>>
>>381412768
No I just want them to make games again
>>
>>381412864
Name one company that has not had ups and downs.
>>
>>381414043
There's having ups and downs and there's clear indication that a company is going on a completely different route than from what you want. Look for a good video game developer elsewhere, Valve doesn't have that as it's main priority these days.
>>
>>381412716
> Creates a new game engine
> Only has two games which are remasters of the original Source games and a VR tech demo.

Unless Valve is planning on making games again, Source 2 was a waste of time.
>>
You don't "hate" them, you're just being a pussy about them not giving you what you want.

If you actually hated them you wouldn't go back and latch onto their nipple as soon as they did the thing you wanted.
>>
>>381414336
They tried to give "us" what "we" want with Portal 2 and that game turned out to be a shit.
>>
>>381414249
probably to sell to other devs like source
>>
>>381415572
isnt source free to everyone?
>>
File: 1417495775257.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1417495775257.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>381411492
Are they right about Volvo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYE5cxQrIp8
>>
>>381415446
almost everyone disagrees with that notion, but I am sure you believe you are right.
>>
>>381412176
why would you have an issue with paid mods?
it was fucking bethesda trying to get valve to do all the dirty work, and when valve got the backlash, they turned their backs on bethesda

now thesda is trying to do that paid mods shit on their own with that creation club or whatever
>>
>>381414336
You're right, if they stopped doing the thing I hated I'd stop hating them. I want them to make games and not just focus on STEAM. I want them to finish the things they've started. I want them to innovate and push other devs to be better again.

But the golden days are behind us. I understand completely why they'd just go all in with STEAM, it's risk free at this point. It literally prints money. It doesn't make me hate them for doing it on a personal level any less.
>>
>>381418759
>hating a business on a personal level for being a good business
anon stop that's not healthy
>>
File: gabe-steam.jpg (51KB, 497x250px) Image search: [Google]
gabe-steam.jpg
51KB, 497x250px
>>
>>381411492
>,
they were a one hit wonder.
>>
>>381418917
What I mean to say is I don't hate them from a business standpoint but as a consumer I hate Valve these days for not catering to my desires as a consumer.
>>
What's upsetting is that they just dont say a damn thing. They practically made the pc community with the source engine. Everyone who's played on pc has had a good time in a source based game with friends they met on that game. So much fun in stupid shit like HL2 DM or L4D. I'd rather them just say they don't want to make games anymore. VR is a fucking flop and nobody but around 100 people want the shit.
>>
File: valve is kill.jpg (2MB, 2032x4889px) Image search: [Google]
valve is kill.jpg
2MB, 2032x4889px
>>381411492
>>
File: IMG_0571.png (85KB, 217x277px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.png
85KB, 217x277px
Same
>>
>>381411492
Success breeds jealousy, so it's OK to be mad.
>>
File: 1414325752792.png (723KB, 1264x2883px) Image search: [Google]
1414325752792.png
723KB, 1264x2883px
I don't get it, why Valve trying as hard as they can to kill TF2, if CS:GO and Dota 2 are doing pretty well for them financially?
They just can fix TF2 and milk it like CS:GO with Dota. Or is "fixing" their problem?
>>
>>381418163
>it was fucking bethesda trying to get valve to do all the dirty work
Valve has zero problem taking the majority of profit for paid community items for TF2, CS:GO, and Dota 2 and the amount of money content creators receive for their items is lower than what they were initially promised.

Valve also had zero problem going along with Bethesda's idea for paid mods and taking their own cut of the action.

Stop excusing Valve's shitty behavior because you've developed Stockholm Syndrome for your Steam account.
>>
>>381419417
you sure are le redpilled anom
>>
>>381411492
In terms of business practices, they're not completely bad (they have some good practices and some bad), but from a game development perspective they're actually despicable. I don't care about hl3 since hl2 wasn't even that good, but every single one of their multiplayer game has been grossly mishandled (e.g. why is l4d2 more broken now than it was when they stopped adding content to it? I played it yesterday for the first time in a few years, and temporary health didn't even tick down anymore). And you as the player are forced to go along for their shitty ride.

Most recently I'm amazed at how badly they blundered Dota 2's 7.00 update. Nevermind the universally shitty changes, big and small this was the biggest update in twelve years. Old players came back for it, new players could have been enticed to join, but they did nothing with it. How many companies would have killed for the opportunity to launch the biggest update in a decade?
>>
>>381419673
>I don't care about hl3 since hl2 wasn't even that good

Half-life series in general is mediocre bro
>>
>>381419753
HL1 is pretty good. It has a varied gun arsenal and enemy roster for one (unlike HL2)
>>
>>381420105
Take off your nostalgia goggles
>>
Valve are dirty greedy jews...

and they will still be, as long as dumb people--like most people in this thread--keep buying useless cosmetics and battlepasses.

Have you, dumb cunts, missed the old Valve interview where they clearly said that only one year of Free to Play Team Fortress 2, brougth in more cash than the release of their other games (hl2, orange box, l4d, etc.)?

The micro-transactions model is WAY more profitable than creating new games, like they used to do.

And guess what?

As long as you, homosexual cunts, will keep buying shitty pink knifes in Call of Strike: Global Shit or some ugly sets in Gayta 2, Valve WILL keep doing this shit. They will focus on creating fag ass cosmetics to sell to autistics bitches, but they'll make the games shittier and shittier.

YOU are the issue here. Valve is just going where the market is... And currently, it's in micro-transactions.

What about you go cure your mental illness, and stop encouraging them by buying useless cosmetics?

Dumb fucks.
>>
>>381419753
compared to what?

doom? quake? pfft.
>>
>>381420330
Oh shit it's the doto2 retard
Still bitching about 7.00?
>>
File: Saten 119.jpg (373KB, 681x720px) Image search: [Google]
Saten 119.jpg
373KB, 681x720px
>>381411492
I agree, it's not even a good service anymore and they still want 30%(?).

They don't make games anymore, their client still crashes, get a bunch of errors and loads slow. The refund system still sucks, early access still fucks people over and greenlight is joke. And they don't fucking talk to us.

I knew it was completely over when paid mods hit the scene. I officially signed out of buying games from Steam at that point, they're unplugged. I haven't bought anything save a few dynasty warrior DLC(That you can only get on steam, what the fuck).

I'm ready for this puedo monopoly company the die already. The only thing they do well right is now is taking advantage of children with
their nickel and dime hat and skin scams and promoting VR.

Now they're trying to get into movies and TV shows and trying to incorporate the shitty game industry's pricing system that has been engineered over the years to numb people to that fact that they fuck their customers in the ass with DLC and preorders. Fortunately, there are better services out there (because surprise, its not dominated by one service) but people are still stupid enough to buy into steam shit and write reviews like clowns.

Everytime I pirate a steam exclusive or buy on GOG, it feels like a small win.
>>
don't really like em either but steam holds all my games hostage so its too late for me bros

and no you can't buy physical or from other people, there are a lot of good PC games that only sell on steam and a lot of times buying "physical" just gives you a stream key.
>>
Thing is Valve doesnt want to do things just because they feel obligated to do them, they want to do stuff because they want to. Half Life 3 wont happen because noone there wants to make it, and they dont want to be forced into making it because people expect it.

As for their other business practices, yeah theyre kind of shit. But i respect them not rushing out HL3 and making a shit product to ruin its legacy.
>>
>>381411492
welcome to a decade ago, know that you could have stopped it
>>
>>381420285
>Calling HL1 pretty good is now nostalgia
Ok dude. Do enlighten me on what makes HL1 bad.

>>381420440
The problem he's talking about has been there long before that trashheap.
>>
>>381420758
>Do enlighten me on what makes HL1 bad.
boring linear cinematic shooter. the COD of its time.
>>
>>381420864
the thing is, back then it was revolutionary and had it all. A good story, good enemies, good weapons, simple yet good puzzles...

You have to be in the mindset of someone who was able to play it when it first came out. But since you are probably 15 years old right now, it means that you lacked the experience.
>>
>>381411492
dota 2 was a mistake.
>>
>>381421226
>you need to play it back when to understand it

How I said take off your goggles grandpa and face that it was mediocre garbage
>>
>>381421561
You don't understand. There are no nostalgia goggles. It is a shitty buzzword meme.

Nostalgia goggles don't exist. If a game was good for it's time, it means what it means. "looking back" doesn't mean shit. You can't compare living in a stone house in 2017 to living in a mudhut in 1000 bc. Both are good. In the right time.
>>
>>381421702
Sure thing buddy, keep protecting your shit game for which you need a time machine to be good
>>
>>381421837
It is still good no matter when you play it. For having experienced the right circumstances in which it was first meant to be played, I can and will enjoy it for decades to come.
>>
>>381421909
You right, keep playing your shit games just don't be so proud of it famalan
>>
>>381421993
Pride has nothing to do with it. Never once did I mention being proud.

Maybe you should stop seeking arguments in your head and just take it like a man, and not a salty kid.
>>
>>381422260
You keep replying to me, so sure it has nothing with your pride grandpa
>>
>>381422581
I'm only replying because you are replying. Your replies warrant one, mine don't.
>>
>>381422671
Sure keep it going then, at least you won't brag about shitty videa anymore
>>
>>381412176
>apart from that they're still better than most other vidya companies
how
>>
>>381422758
Again you imply things. I never bragged.
How can I not keep going if you keep jebaiting reactions with shitty things like that?
>>
>>381422874
>it's not muh pride
>How can I not keep going if you keep jebaiting

wew lad
>>
>>381423001
What does pride have to do with it?
>>
>>381422671
>>381422581
>>381422260
>>381421993
>>381421909
insufferable faggots. kill yourselves
>>
>>381423093
nobody asked you
>>
>>381423171
fuck off retard
>>
Go away, stabbystabby
>>
>>381423049
>It's not what I meant
>I must continue to reply or I would be defamed
>despite my shitty taste I must continue my crusade

Waiting for 10+ form you ;^)
>>
>Marc, Chet and Erik no longer work for Valve

who the fuck works for them now?
>>
>>381423514
I'm not aware on what goes behind the scenes of vidiya, who were these guys?
>>
>>381411492
Yet you love your "based Sony". Retarded Sony fanboy.
>>
File: 1469268510763.png (134KB, 317x392px) Image search: [Google]
1469268510763.png
134KB, 317x392px
>>381411492
Something has to happen, something big that they can't ignore so that they get off their lazy asses and start making video games again instead of exclusively managing steam, making hats and esports

Ah wait they don't even make the hats, it's the community that does work fir them.
>>
>>381424398
Well, it's possible that it's happening right now, or will be happening within a few years. VR is without a doubt a huge money sink that won't make them a profit, especially since they're also developing games for it. Dota is starting to fizzle out, and that was the biggest cash cow out of their games. The question is whether that's enough to make enough of a dent into their profits (no way it could fully negate the money they make from managing Steam though).

I certainly hope it happens because Valve has a lot of talent that's going to waste.
>>
>>381424787
Promoting LoL is a necessary evil to rehabilitate Valve
>>
>>381419274
It's just cosmetics dude.
>>
>>381420864
pipe down kiddo
>>
It's a big "fuck you" to the fans not giving a straight answer on whether or not HL3 is ever being made.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.