[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on video game critic Jack Thompson /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

File: JT.jpg (10KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
JT.jpg
10KB, 289x174px
What are your thoughts on video game critic Jack Thompson /v/?
>>
Remember that time the video game industry conditioned consumers to attack anything that threatened profits?
>>
>>381407110
when was the last time he was remotely relevant
>>
File: Peral Harbor 2 kek.jpg (328KB, 1699x420px) Image search: [Google]
Peral Harbor 2 kek.jpg
328KB, 1699x420px
>>381407110
Holy kek, this guy is mental and a total loser.

>Video Games Are Pearl Harbor 2

>Thompson first met Janet Reno in November 1975, when he applied for a job as an assistant state's attorney in Miami-Dade County, Florida, but was not hired. In 1988, he ran for prosecutor against then-incumbent Dade County State Attorney Janet Reno, after she had declined his request to prosecute Neil Rogers. Thompson gave Reno a letter at a campaign event requesting that she check a box to indicate whether she was homosexual, bisexual, or heterosexual. Thompson said that Reno then put her hand on his shoulder and responded,

>"I'm only interested in virile men. That’s why I'm not attracted to you.He filed a police report accusing her of battery for touching him. In response, Reno asked Florida governor Bob Martinez to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate.The special prosecutor rejected the charge, concluding that it was "a political ploy".

>Switchboard responded by getting the Supreme Court of Florida to order that Tjompson submit to a psychiatric examination.

> Thompson has since stated that he is "the only officially certified sane lawyer in the entire state of Florida"

>Thompson filed a lawsuit for $40 million against Facebook in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida on September 29, 2009. Thompson claimed that the social networking site had caused him "great harm and distress" by not removing angry postings made by users in several Facebook groups. Thompson withdrew his case less than two months later. According to Parry Aftab, a cyber-law attorney, Thompson would likely not have had any success because the U.S. Communications Decency Act provides that companies such as Facebook have no liability for what users do with their services in most cases.

There is no way this guy is not a virgin. He's in all likelihood a pedophile.
>>
>>381407110
>video game critic
what a nice way of disgraced and disbarred lawyer
>>
File: Weenie Hut.jpg (62KB, 768x569px) Image search: [Google]
Weenie Hut.jpg
62KB, 768x569px
>>381407110
Who the fuck is that? Just from reading this
>>381408068
he sounds like a real weenie. Poor guy his feelins were hurt because the first amendment.
>>
>>381407110
I miss him, he was great. He was fucking crazy and everyone laughed at him and now we have brianna woo who is just as fucking crazy but he had a sex change so now we cant laugh at her or shell drop moon rocks on us

>>381408068
>There is no way this guy is not a virgin. He's in all likelihood a pedophile.

He has a wife and his wife's son. Or at least he did. They might have bailed after he got disbarred, who knows.
>>
I wish Jack Thompson was the biggest threat to the gaming industry instead of the shitbirds we have now that want to destroy it from the inside.
>>
He went on his rants a couple years too early. If he were ranting about video games today, I fucking bet you he'd have an audience. You'd have SJW idiots who don't even play video games bannering behind him.
>>
>>381408592
Who is Briana Wooz?
>>
>>381407110
He likes vidya more than I do.
>>
>>381408748
We also anti-gay and rather sexist, that's doubtful.
>>
>>381409027

A literal nobody. At least Jack Thompson was somebody. He was a lawyer. Brianna Wu is just a nutcase.
>>
>>381409027
The 5th Beatle

>>381408748
>SJWs
>Rallying behind a white Christfag

I don't think so, Tim
>>
I love how history is repeating itself with video games being a political target. The "video games will turn your good christian child into a mass murderer" of the early 2000s is the "video games will turn your child into a misogynistic rapist bigot" of today. Except now, this shit has deeply infested the medium. There are actually people who claim to be a part of the "gaming community", yet spew this kind of propaganda. Can you even imagine if a large portion of gamers had actually fully agreed with Jack Thompson and advocated for his ideal image of the video game industry? It's so fucking outlandish. I guess this is the times, huh? Things were a lot simpler when it was just a bunch of losers playing games. Now everyone and their retarded dog is able to act like their opinion matters.
>>
>>381409437
In case of "gaming community" standing behind Jack Thompsons of today, it's the 'goon' mentality where they "infiltrate" communities and then go "This is problematic, we need to change it"
>>
>>381407110
It was fun when he was being batshit insane anti video game crusader.
But since he was disbarred long time ago he's completely irrelevant.
>>
>>381408068
>Japanese video games are Pearl Harbor 2*

Close, but actually it's Japanese media that's Pearl Harbor 2. Nip anime and games have bombed our youth and turned them into sexless Nazis that hate America.
>>
>yfw you realize autistic racist white boys are the Jack Thompsons of this generations

>THOSE EVIL GAMES HAVING WOMEN AND MINORITIES
>>
>>381407110
Anita outclassed him at his own game in every way, and walked away with a fat paycheck. All Jack ever got was disbarred.
>>
This faggot has been disgraced and disbarred from practicing law
>>
>>381407110
The good old days when you could actually fight back against the crazy people who tried to ruin video games because they were old white males.
>>
>>381412051
Pfft, what are you, not white? If you're a minority you don't belong on this board. This is a whites-only board, sorry not sorry scum.
>>
>>381412256
#FreeJackThompson
>>
>>381412594
>whites only board
>owned by a Jap

fucking lol if anything you retard alt white should fuck off this site because you're supporting a non-white site. find a different place to whine about being cucked by tyrone lmao.
>>
>>381407110
Remember when the female version came along and did the exact same thing, and instead of the entire industry handling it like rational fucking human beings like they did with Thompson, they shat themselves and cried about it for years and validated the idea to thousands of influential people and convinced them to take her seriously?

Remember?
>>
>>381413417
See, the thing about Jack is: he's actually fucking insane. Anita is a just a conman, and a reasonable one at that. She stuck in on a market she knew she could exploit for donations or speaking fees, spouting off about a topic she didn't know or care about, but knew she could play the victim if called on her shit. Which she was, and she did. Even at the height of GG, she never overplayed her hand, she got the exposure and money she could, and walked away to prepare for her next con. While idiots that latched on to her kept fighting the "battle for gaming", she took the money and ran. Thompson... I don't know if it was about the money. I think he was just a crazy asshole, and that just happened to get him on tv for a while. But eventually, since he had no plan, he hit a wall and lost the game.
>>
File: 1468484600014.jpg (207KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468484600014.jpg
207KB, 692x960px
>>381409437
>childhood best friend obsessed over Jack Thompson and conservatives, grew a fantatical hatred for them from their implying that video games cause violence
>He retains the hatred today and yet is a huge SJW that agrees that video games are misogynist and sexist
>>
>>381414531
Kill him
>>
>>381414531
Something something about fighting monsters and becoming one.
>>
>gta iv

he has absolute shit taste in games
>>
Old people shouldn't play video games.
>>
File: 1495080365292.jpg (28KB, 350x349px) Image search: [Google]
1495080365292.jpg
28KB, 350x349px
>people ITT only hearing about Jack Thompson for the first time
>>
>>381414695
no u
>>
>>381407110
I'll gladly take him over this force racial and sexual diversity paradigm we're in

at least jack could be said to have had good intentions
>>
>>381416190
>at least jack could be said to have had good intentions
I don't believe you grew up in the 90s if you think that. Jack was a fucking loon. The only good thing about him was that he wasn't very good at his crusade. If Anita was as incompetent as he was, she wouldn't have lasted a year.
>>
>>381416518
i followed jack's actions and words closely. he said violent video games made kids violent and used rhetoric similar to anyone blowing anything out of proportion

my point is the distinction between 'games are violent and cause violence' and 'games are mysogonistic/racist'. video games are actually violent. it could be argued he had a point much more clearly than the current fake video game witch hunt shit
>>
>>381416921
It doesn't matter. TV is violent, movies are violent, books are violent. We have violent sports. He had just as little science backing up his shit as Anita did, you could make similar arguments for either that SOUND good at a glance. Point is they are both censors, just like Fredric Wertham before them. They see a problem with "kids these days" and focus on something to blame. Ya know, anything except how they're raised by their parents.

Don't have nostalgia goggles for some old censor just because a new one came around. Neither of them give a damn about anyone but themselves.
>>
File: 1448610882372.gif (2MB, 260x199px) Image search: [Google]
1448610882372.gif
2MB, 260x199px
>Video games cause mass shootings and the Earth is only a couple thousand of years old
>What the fuck, that's crazy. Get this nutjob out of here

>video games cause rapes and women can be born with penises
>HOLY SHIT! She's right! Where is the patreon so I can donate?
>>
>>381407110
I miss him

He was stupid but everyone knew it and it was funny.

I'd take him over this Anita plagued world.
>>
>>381417652
Be wary of either badwagon. Just two cults trying to get you to believe their bullshit, and they'll both use your hatred of the other cult to get close to you.
>>
File: 324657456.jpg (29KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
324657456.jpg
29KB, 660x574px
>>381407110
i used to think he was a cunt, and made memes of him on gaming forums in the early 2000s.
but now with the degeneracy and violence eating the west alive, i wonder if he was right...
>>
>>381418350
That's retarded, anon.
>>
Good guy. Just was lied to a lot.
I get completely why he was against video games but he was the type to listen to Tumblrinas and get misinformed.
As opposed to anita who purposely cons people, Jack was just well intentioned, albeit surrounded by con artists.
>>
>>381407110
Why got him so obsessed with video games that he wasted his life trying to eradicate them?
>>
File: jewel-600x400.jpg (49KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
jewel-600x400.jpg
49KB, 600x400px
>>381407110
I don't know, what are your thoughts on has-been late-'90s pop star Jewel?

They've both been irrelevant for about the same amount of time.
>>
>>381407369
everyone deserves a (You), even a faggot like you.
>>
>>381407110
An idiot. Living proof that having a vagina and having the same batshit views as a man will give you immunity from the media.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
Honestly Thompson would've done less damage than Anita and SJWs have, what's the worst that happens? Games have less edgy violence and gore in them? Less of these amazing Rockstar games for edgy teens? Meanwhile Anita and her faggot followers have infiltrated, changed designs to be black afros, driven anyone who disagrees onto 4chan and generally created a shit heap of a culture war in video games where it doesn't belong.

It just goes to show how retarded gamers and young people are today. The generation back when Thompson was around were much better and the games were better. The faggots who play games today eat shit and want Anita's garbage, or at least a significant portion do, so they get what they deserve. I'm glad I can avoid much of this crap now and avoid telling anyone IRL I even play games anymore.

Gamergate I'm also glad happened for exposing how fucked up this industry is to everyone with a brain. Especially on the "journalist" side.
>>
>internet before becoming SRS BZNS 24/7 laughed and mocked him
>internet becomes SRS BZNS 24/7 and others like him become protected and professional victims
2007 was a mistake
>>
I miss the time when video game """""journalists""""" defended video games instead of calling people that enjoy them psychopathic virgins.
>>
>>381414531
What is his response to the comparsion?
>>
>>381420265
Both are terrible influences on the industry, the only vision should be that of the creators of that product and the creators alone, not creators + big brother telling them that their game should be more like according to jesus' teachings or that it should have more "badass" women
>>
>>381407110

I miss when he was the enemy of video games.
>>
>>381420265
I prefer freedom of speech and expression over a few SJW games, you people need to see the larger picture here. Don't like a game don't buy it, there are plenty that don't have the SJW stuff in it Jesus Christ.

There's liberal books out there, but you don't go burning all books because of em, you just don't buy them. Jesus Christ. There are snowflakes on both sides of the aisle.

and who the fuck cares about gaming journalism? I never read that shit,
>>381420265
That censoring ass wipse wanted any game with any sort of violence banned you moron.

You gamer gaters are just as snow flakey and safe spacey as Anita and all those bitches. You're both fucking annoying.
>>
>>381413851
Exactly this.

Anita was a lot more clever in how she approached things than Thompson was.

The only way she could've lost is if no one took the bait.
>>
>>381420265
How exactly did they ruin video games? There's a few more gay guys in em? Who the fuck cares?

Dude get a fucking life.
>>
>>381407110
Gamergate was mainly perpetrated by people who really have no interest in video games like Milo and /pol/, they just like starting wars over feminism and shit. It was a complete waste of time.
>>
>>381423317
>The only way she could've lost is if no one took the bait.
Then she would've just taken some website nobody heard of and charged at windmills. See how wizardchan was used in the year leading up to five guys; there is absolutely zero chance they were leading some kind of harassment conspiracy when all those fuckers ever do is complain about their lack of gf.
>>
File: 11753_Five-Guys2.jpg (298KB, 625x473px) Image search: [Google]
11753_Five-Guys2.jpg
298KB, 625x473px
>>381423941
WizardChan started a burger chain? How did they get the money to finance it?
>>
>>381407110
based
>>
>>381412594
>whites only
>mods are black and mexican
>owner is Jap
>>
File: IMG_4122.jpg (20KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4122.jpg
20KB, 184x184px
>>381413417

The differences are simple to understand why she was successful.

1) Feminism and Social Justice had started to spread like a tumor into young people
>Nobody gave a shit about Jack because at the time, people into videogames understood the medium more and knew it was craptalk. Anita came in a time where people where in a mindset that called everything wrong and bad for women and even if they didnt play games at all, it was easier to exploit as gaming was way more mainstream , accepted into society and known by common people.

2) She had more """"evidence"""" (bullshit)
>Having more detailed videos , all manipulated or stolen , but that could convince people easily unless they actually played videogames

3) The blowback could be easily exploited by her and the feminist crowd/media
>Self explainatory. Feminists are professional victims and the initial response by some people was pretty simple to cherry pick into "muh opression!" , so they could gain the spotlight as the ones against the cancer in games when they were the cancer itself.

4) Some retards genuinely acted retarded during the whole thing.
>Self explainatory. People in general should have been laughing at this but some took it by heart and escalated the whole thing to unbearable proportions.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (25KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
25KB, 320x240px
>"I'm only interested in virile men. That’s why I'm not attracted to you.He filed a police report accusing her of battery for touching him
holy FUCK. i dont care if its real or not, thats fucking funny
>>
File: why even wipe.jpg (3KB, 98x94px) Image search: [Google]
why even wipe.jpg
3KB, 98x94px
>>381427954
>/pol/
>>
>>381429337
It's real. Check the wikipedia page on him, it's documented./ cited.
>>
>>381427954
How did some of you autists hijack this thread and turn it into your one of your autistic gamergate rants?

Dudeface here had absolutely nothing to do with that. Stop looking for any excuse to discuss that retarded shit.
>>
>>381407110
I'll take that rambling lunatic over current SJWs any goddamn day.
>>
>>381407110
if you're more than 30 years old your opinion on videogames is irrelevant
>>
He was the lesser of evils. An honest foe who fought from without rather than an insidious one who tries to subvert things from within.
>>
File: 1497626996297.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497626996297.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>>381429537
>anon makes actually detailed argument about how Thompson wasn't successful and Sarkeesian was
>frogposter uses the "go back to /pol/" argument

kys my man
>>
>>381407110
>thinks games turn kids violent
>does something about it
He at least meant well and had a good heart overall.
https://www.inverse.com/article/12633-attorney-jack-thompson-and-his-personal-vendetta-against-video-games
>this is what he's doing now
>>
>>381407110
>tfw he would have saved us from SJWs
F
>>
>>381408491
>Who the fuck is that?
underaged please leave

>>381420265
are you fucking retarded? thompson was trying to get fucking doom banned.
>>
>>381408703
This. Industry has gone downhill.
>>
>>381407110
the 90's must have been boring times for this guy to get as much attention he did
>>
File: 1444266639618.gif (2MB, 238x158px) Image search: [Google]
1444266639618.gif
2MB, 238x158px
>>381409437
>Things were a lot simpler when it was just a bunch of losers playing games

I miss that vibe too. I liked it better when video games were treated as the toys they are instead of some 'lifestyle'
>>
>>381435491
Mid to late 2000s, actually.
not that I'd expect you to know that, newfag
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.