[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Metroid Prime 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 16

File: metroidprime4.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
metroidprime4.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
Aside from the fact that a friend and I hope this doesn't get delayed more than fucking KH3, we are pretty excited for this game. Any thoughts or hopes? (newfag btw)
>>
>>381402207
>newfag btw

STOP RIGHT THERE YOU CRIMINAL SCUM
>>
File: Chibi Samus Powered Up.png (529KB, 1024x854px) Image search: [Google]
Chibi Samus Powered Up.png
529KB, 1024x854px
>>381402207
I just hope it improves and gets better from what the original Trilogy built upon.
Although this is a whole new team developing the game, a common complaint pre-Splatoon was that Nintendo needed new blood to inject life back into the company. Nintendo seems to be going with this approach ever since Kimishima look over, so I'm hopeful the new blood will make a great Metroid like Retro did when they were the new blood.
>>
Why would you even bother announcing you're new. Just be like the other 98% of Reddit forum sliders who post here immediately without lurking.

And I'm cautiously optimistic that they meet the 2018 deadline, but I need to know the developer.
>>
I was excited about it, but then I heard that Retro wasn't working on it and Kensuke Tanabe will be producing it.

>But he produced the original trilogy!
True, but he also produced Federation Force as well as two of the worst Paper Mario games. Guy might have been hot shit back in the prime days, but he's clearly lost his way now. Not to mention we don't have Retro's prior experience to help guide the game, just some newbies we know nothing about. Maybe it'll be good, but I'm not jumping on it yet until we see some gameplay.

Despite that, I guess I feel sort of happy for Retro though. They're apparently making their own IP, and I'm sure that's a great change of pace. Definitely looking forward to what they have planned.
>>
>>381402871
>we don't have Retro's prior experience to help guide the game
No one who worked on the Prime Trilogy works at Retro anymore anyway.
>>
It's a logo, and they have JUST only started development now. You're excitement is going to diminish heavily before we actually see or hear anything more about this game.
>>
The fact that it's not being made by Retro and that Tanabe is producing has me dreading it.
>>
File: 1402942341108.jpg (267KB, 1005x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1402942341108.jpg
267KB, 1005x1053px
My only thought is that i thought Prime 3 sucked and while i loved 1 and liked 2 i wouldn't really say i was dying waiting for a new Prime game to be announced, i'm more of a 2d Metroid kind of guy. So i'm looking forward to it but i wouldn't say i'm hyped or anything.

The new Metroid game for the 3ds looks kinda cool i guess, but i having played AM2R already i wouldn't say i'm looking forward to that either, but i might just buy one of those cheap 2ds for it since i don't have a 3ds.
>>
>>381402871
What if they somehow got Armature Studios on board (composed of most of the Prime 1 devs).
>>
File: Batman.png (272KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Batman.png
272KB, 640x480px
>>381403140
Have you see how Arkham Origins Blackgate or ReCore turned out? Considering they quitted because they couldn't stand the Japanese game developing method of not even leaving the office in days, it's clear they have the skill but lack the direction on their own.
>>
File: paddington.gif (2MB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
paddington.gif
2MB, 500x337px
At this point all I can do is hope Nintendo doesn't fuck it up, the old team at Retro who made the Prime series is gone so it's not like they can make it
>>
>>381403357
>not even leaving the office in days

That's not just Japanese, that's all gamedev.

But you're probably right. My only excuse as to why they'd be on board is because they've had shit luck as a studio (all of their ideas have been fucked over by Inafune), and maybe they'd see working with Nintendo again as a way out of their rut. It's maybe not something they'd prefer to do, but it would be better than being relegated to more port jobs and being fucked over even more by Inafune.
>>
>>381403637
>That's not just Japanese, that's all gamedev.
I'm trying to look for the interview (was it on Metroid Database) but the devs complained they thought they'd only work 9 to 5 and not stay for weeks without the sun, eating atomic fireballs candy to nourish themselves during Prime 1's development.
>>
>>381403637
Inafune had nothing to do with Blackgate, so what's the excuse there? It was a miserable Metroidvania.
>>
>>381403476
What a lewd bear.
>>
>>381402207
It will inevitably fail to be as good as any of the original trilogy games.
>>
>>381404189
I was more or less talking about Maverick Hunter being cancelled (because of Inafune) and ReCore (published by Comcept) being fucked over.

I never played Blackgate, so I have no opinion on it.
>>
>>381403106
Has Tanabe produced any other Metroid games? He was the one behind Federation Force right? Also is Sakamoto doing anything for Prime 4 or is he just working on Samus Returns?
>>
>>381402871
>>381403106
Tanabe produced Tropical Freeze inbetween Sticker Star and Federation Force though.
>>
>>381404380
>I was more or less talking about Maverick Hunter being cancelled (because of Inafune)
I thought it was Capcom execs to nixed Maverick Hunter way after Inafune left? Truth to be told, I don't mind. The visual style really killed it to me, like how Federation Force kills it to me.
>>
>>381404465
Tanabe produced the entire Prime Trilogy.
Sakamoto is just a supervisor/executive producer for Prime 4 similarily like he was in Prime trilogy. Basically, Tanabe reports ideas to Sakamoto for 3D Metroid and they discuss if they should go, shouldn't go, or should go with tweaks.
>>
>>381402871
what does a producer even do
>>
>>381402871
He also produced both Dong games so I doubt he suddenly lost his talent for making games after 3 years.
>>
>>381402871
Didn't everyone blame Shiggy for the recent Paper Marios being bad?
>>
>>381402871
To be fair, it isn't exactly Tanabe loosing his mojo but being an absolute retard when Miamoto told him to not make it a 100% clone of Thousand Year Door.

Federation Force is a good co-op story set in Metroid, let's be honest, people hate it just because of the artstyle, not because of the gameplay, similarily to how Zeldafags hated Wind Waker.

Frozen Dong proves he's still able to do shit right.
>>
>>381404512
Nah, Inafune was still an exec at the time as was one of the people who decided to axe Maverick Hunter.

To be fair, the game did look a fair bit wrong for a Mega Man game, but at the very least they could've taken the concept and applied it to a new IP instead of just axing it completely.

Still, Armature has been fucked over by Inafune twice now.
>>
File: 1497647311428.png (57KB, 548x546px) Image search: [Google]
1497647311428.png
57KB, 548x546px
I bet my friend 20 bucks that this would indeed come out in 2018

Pray for me anons
>>
>>381404586
So isn't that a good thing he's producing it? Or did he fuck up something other than Federation Force?
>>
>>381405129
That's a pretty insignificant amount of money to be waiting a year for.
>>
>>381402207
Come back when they have something to show for it
>>
>>381402429

If the new Zelda and Mario are any indication im sure they will be trying to innovate the trillogy formula. I have really high hopes because ive never been dissapointed by metroid (never played other M) and have no reason to not be maximum hype
>>
>>381405950
I hope the game is good just for you anon, I wish I could have your level of faith
>>
>>381405613
>being that guy
You probably don't even have friends.
>>
File: doom-glory-kill.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
doom-glory-kill.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>381402207
Well I remember someone in a thread suggesting glory kills for Prime 4 and well I'll just say I wouldn't be against that. I don't know I just find the image of Samus ripping and tearing space pirates really awesome. Like it's probably going to be hard for Prime 4 to live up to the original trilogy so why not mix things up a bit?
>>
File: IMG_1043.jpg (66KB, 531x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1043.jpg
66KB, 531x531px
>>381402207
Nintendo decides to be bold and gets pic related to develop Prime 4. How would this make you feel?
>>
File: tKbwTPd.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tKbwTPd.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>381402207
I'm patient. I can wait for the game to come out, as long as it's amazing when it does, like BotW.

As for my hopes, I really hope you feel more agile and that the game is faster than the Prime games, more in line with the 2D games. I want to walljump, grab ledges, and run around everywhere.

On another note, just 100%'d this for the first time. Feels fucking good, man. Definitely one of the best 2D Metroid games. I think I might start another run through tomorrow, try to beat the game in less than 4 hours. Then I'll probably restart my run through Metroid 2 and finally beat that game for the first time.
>>
>>381407668
Isn't the new Doom pretty much a Prime game?
>>
>>381404784
>0:05
That's when my eyes got huge and the dumbest fucking grin shot across my face
>>
Look I'm excited too but I really hope there isn't so much scanning
>>
>>381402975
I thought they had some artists and coders from the Prime 2 & 3 dev teams?
>>
Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon Switch will be out before KHIII or FFVIIR because they are actually being made by a competent company.

FFXIII Versus wouldn't happen to Nintendo. FFXIV wouldn't happen to Nintendo.
>>
>>381402207
Gonna be better than the one made by mercury shit
>>
>>381407812
How?
>>
>>381402207
I'm interested to see what enemies we fight.

Sylux is a given, but what will we see in the way of regular grunts and bosses? I assume Space Pirates will play a role. But will we see the return of Phazon somehow? will we see Metroid 2 evolved Metroids? Will we find a new enemy?

the blue background from the trailer makes me think of Phazon.
>>
>>381406481
You were already being a that guy with your totally uninteresting comment.
>>
>>381405529
Federation Force objectively speaking is an interesting sidestory from the Federation POV. It gives us a taste of the average Marine's perspective, the Federation tech, and how events unfold leading to Prime 4.

People just hate it because it's multiplayer and the cartoony artstyle.
>>
>>381408074
I'm the exact opposite. I want more scanning and more lore.
>>
>>381402207
>thoughts
>on a 4 second GIF
you FUCKING NUT what am i supposed to think??? "Wow that was a really cool gif, nintendo!"???
>>
>>381408823
Tanabe talked about his plans for Metroid Prime 4 years ago

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

Speaking with Tanabe, it was clear he had plenty of ideas for the game, including a focus on a single planet that has a time-shifting mechanic, similar to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes' single planet with dark and light variants.

"Instead of broadening it to more planets I would have one and would focus on the timeline, and being able to change that. That's one interesting idea I have in mind... but I understand many people thought that [Echoes] was too difficult."

Regardless, Tanabe continued, two particular storylines wrapped up in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption would not be revisited.

"The stories of Dark Samus and Phazon are done now," he confirmed, before adding that the series would still focus on other Prime-series elements.
>>
>>381408567
Not him, but there is definitely a similar feel to the game. A lot of the combat functions the same, in that mobility and proper weapon selection are important. There's less of an isolated feeling in DOOM thanks to Sammy H., but it's still there. Hell, the final bosses of both are heads on legs.
It's a lot closer to 1 than 2 or 3.
>>
I need people to play with in Federation Force.

Right now. Where is everyone?
>>
>>381409545
My 3DS broke. I'm gonna buy a 2DS XL when it comes out.
>>
File: 1489418289805.gif (94KB, 514x510px) Image search: [Google]
1489418289805.gif
94KB, 514x510px
>>381408004
As soon as I could make out the Screw Attack icon I started fucking yelling. I nearly had a God damn heart attack when the announced a second game.
>>
>>381409380
I haven't played new Doom, but that does make me more interested in it. Does it focus on exploration for special items that grant access to new areas, with free roam over the places you've already been to? As opposed to each level being confined to itself, and exploration being just for keys and secrets, like in old Doom.
>>
I hope it DOES get delayed until launch title for the next console. Shit on switch.
>>
>>381409710
Level design is self contained maps with power ups and tiny doomguys spread throughout. You can repeat missions from a level select menu, and there's much less exploration emphasis.

Which reminds me, I'd love to see an optional area with cool secrets/upgrades in Prime 4. You had to explore most of the world in the first three, so there's not much optional content.
>>
>>381402207
>A friend and I
Why mention your friend if he isn't relevent?

>Newfag btw
Thanks for the heads up. Once again, don't need to mention this unless it's relevent.

>>381409710
Little bit of both. It does have contained levels, ala Old Doom, but most of the levels, especially the later ones, are really big, and normally require some backtracking and exploration if you want to complete them. Tons of secrets still.

The result feels like Metroid Prime 1, but each seperate overworld is a level, and there's a Doom skin on everything.
>>
>>381402207

It's a logo why get hyped, it's a logo right now nothing more
>>
>>381411283
because of the meaning behind the logo

it's also confirmed for 2018, so it's right around the corner
>>
>>381409595
I've never even played Metroid and I recognized the screwattack. A shitload of reaction videos have "longtime fans" not recognize it until the fucking 4, which is unbelievable.
>>
>>381412771
>game that doesnt even have a single asset made
>around the corner
probably december 2018, delayed to switch U
>>
>>381406546
As long as its not tied to getting HP. Doom was ruined by that and made the game extremely boring to play. Personally what I would want is a more horror-esque Metroid. Her ship gets ambushed and she doesn't have the suit on and she has to avoid enemies in the beginning, then when her suit is on she kills them and hunts the rest of them down.
>>
I wish Nintendo became a PC developer, it would be totally radical.
>>
File: clone wars man.jpg (57KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
clone wars man.jpg
57KB, 500x667px
>>381402207
>starting a thread just to brag about having a friend
>>
Pfft, another Prime. Never gelled with the first 3, thought the gameplay of Other m was a step in the right direction and I'd like to see that style explored more. The 2D ones are much better imo.

Summary:

1. Gameplay 3rd person style like other M but expanded.
2. Not long as introspective story crap like other M.
3. Basically make Super Metroid in 3D.
>>
>>381414620
That's like the Smash Bros trailer where people didn't recognise the FF7 music
>>
>Nintendo says Mario Odessey and Xenoblade is coming out this year

>LOL BULLSHIT I KNOW MORE THAN NINTENDO ON HOW THEY DO THINGS

>Release dates announce

>Dev teams said MP4 and Pokemon is coming out next year

>YEAH RIGHT NINTENDO, I KNOW YOU MORE THAN YOU

How many times is the new Nintendo President going to have to bitch slap your ass?
>>
>>381405950
>I've never been disappointed by a metroid game
>I haven't played Other M
Well, no wonder. You purposefully avoided the disappointing Metroid game (which also happens to be the latest in the mainline games).
>>
File: Marnie_sad.png (6KB, 297x295px) Image search: [Google]
Marnie_sad.png
6KB, 297x295px
>>381402207
>New Team

If this doesn't set off the alarm bells I don't know what is
>>
>>381415579
>Make Super Metroid in 3D
They already did that: it's called Metroid Prime, my dude.
>>
>>381414620
Even then, if you don't recognise the screw-attack, how could you NOT recognise it from the music? That space-squeaking is so iconic.
>>
>>381420323
Retro Studios was a brand new team as well and they ended up making the most successful Metroid game in the series.
>>
>>381418137
I just hope they don't rush it.
We've got Samus Returns to scratch the itch, they should take all the time they need
>>
>>381420513
It's iconic but not well known. Prime isn't known for selling a lot of copies.
>>
File: IMG_0375.png (69KB, 1280x726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0375.png
69KB, 1280x726px
>>381414620
I was honestly seeing pic related until I heard the metroid Prime music
>>
>>381408246
was botw announced/teased before kh3?
>>
File: 1491404283156.jpg (29KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
1491404283156.jpg
29KB, 500x420px
>>381408570
>Sylux is a given
why do people keep saying this?

>creators of prime hunters wanted Sylux to have his own game
>years later a completely different company is making a new metroid game
>sylux will def be in it

how does that make sense?
>>
>Only shows logo at E3

How could I be hyped?
This was more so annoying to see, especially since the 3DS game of metroid got 40 fucking mins.
>>
>>381423808
We've had two stingers now where Sylux does shit (Following Samus in 3 and stealing a Federation captured Metroid in Federation force)

Tanabe has a hadron from Sylux.
>>
>>381408742
same here. scanning is hardly even mandatory. not sure why people hate it so much. its the same as someone saying they want item descriptions taken out of dark souls
>>
>>381423808
It's the same producer, who already talked about using Sylux in the future and put a teaser for him in Federation Force.
>>
>>381415579
All your points could be summarized in
>its fucking nothing

Super metroid is extremely difficult to reproduce in 3D, and the prime games are as close as we ever got.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.