[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PlayStation 2 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Hi I've been having a lot of problems with playing back ups/burned games on the ps2 slim with FMCB 1.95, I tried burning the iso at 8x on a 16x DVD-R unverified with imgburn and it didn't work, I tried 4x and it would take very long to load the game, I tried 2x and it took even longer loading, I tried AWS and it would show the pink and blue screen but then nothing happened, etc etc. I tried 6 DVD 's so far and it didn't work. I used mainly this video
https://youtu.be/DwCoTOuomXI
along with other videos and research to try and play the burned/backup games. I learned that so far the problems could either be the DVD-R that I'm using, the FMCB's ESR (listed as ESR GUI on mine) needing to update, the program I'm using which is Imgburn, the hardware/computer I have that is able to burn the data on the disc, or the iso that I'm using. I've tried looking online for several hours already and hoped someone on here can help me. Please help.
>>
>>381400486
i'm not exactly sure, as my ps2 has been broken for a year now, but i recall burning games at the slowest speed possible and they worked alright. i have regular memorex dvd Rs from walmart. maybe its the iso? hate to say try a different game if you only have a limited amount of dvds, but perhaps its worth a try.
>>
>>381400985
The lowest speed I tried was 2x, I have Verbatim DVD-R 10 pack and the iso I used was Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sousousei Kengo Retsuden from the Isozone, should I try 1x speed with another game I guess? Also thanks for the help anon
>>
You're remembering to patch the ISO's for ESR before burning them?
>>
>>381400486
the 4x speed is the recommended speed for burning, no ways about it.
>>
>>381401563
Yes, I made sure I did that from the start before I used the first disc
>>381401573
Hmmm I read online a whole bunch of different things though but so far that has worked the best with taking ages to load.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>381400486
psx-scene . com is the best place for you. Ask in their forum.
>>
>>381402481
thanks
>>
If none of this works for me I think I'm just going to settle with trying to install swap magic onto the FMCB :(
>>
I've been burning PS2 games for probably eight years now and I've never had a single problem so you must just be a retard. 2x and 4x write speeds are way too low.
>>
>booting up McDonald's and electro static guis and all this autistic shut

Just drag the isos to the internal hard drive fucks sake why can't you people do anything the easy way.
>>
Thanks for all the replies every one.
>>
>>381400486
wats FMCB
>>
I hate to be that guy but why not just use a phat with a hard drive? Or a rpi doing smb shares? Its way more convenient once you get it set up.
>>
>>381408006
>rpi doing smb shares
dont know whats that
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.