[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on The Last Guardian? Had a few issues when I played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Thoughts on The Last Guardian? Had a few issues when I played it but in hindsight, I think it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>381398063
its a decent game but you have to be an ignorant faggot to call it a masterpiece
>>
>>381398063
technical issues seriously impacted the game on my regular PS4.
>>
I loved it
>>
>>381398312
Literally the only thing that's a valid criticism is the camera control and occasionally unresponsive Trico. The overall experience (story, music, lead characters) is outstanding and what's memorable.
>>
>>381398063
Have you played Yakuza 0 yet, OP? That's a game with a devastating slow start, that eventually becomes awesome by the end.
>>
File: Trico.jpg (924KB, 1280x1834px) Image search: [Google]
Trico.jpg
924KB, 1280x1834px
>>381398063
The atmosphere and environmental design are great. When it shines it really shines, but wrestling with the mechanics made me feel like Trico was the primary antagonist of the game for a while.
>>
>>381398794
Haven't played any of the Yakuza games. Had a mild interest in them though. Can I start with 0?
>>
>>381398063
C'mom, don't tell people it was good. We don't need stigma of being popular.
>>
>>381398792
Try also wonky controls, dull level design, puzzles that break its own rules, and Trico's pathfinding being an absolute nightmare

Thank god that nightmare only lasts 10 hours with no replay value.
>>
The Last Guardian is a case where your opinion dictates whether or not you're more of a gamer or a movie buff.

Movie fans would give it a 10/10 for the "Them fells" while gamers would give it a 4/10 because of how fucking broken all the mechanics are.
>>
>>381398063
I think it's the most emotional a video game has ever made me feel. A very memorable experience.
>>
>>381398063
>masterpiece

kys faggot
>>
>>381399553

yep this. Same applies to Rime.
>>
>>381399385

Not him, but I disagree. So many of the criticisms I've seen leveled at the game deal with Trico's supposed wonky AI, bad pathfinding, etc.

The game did not respond well to aggressively charging ahead. You had to be patient, make your request, and allow Trico to get itself into position. Aside from a few instances, I never once felt the game was poorly coded or falling outside its own rules. The AI was designed to feel alive and not always obedient. If anyone was unable to gel with that--and I think this would be the case for the majority of people who are used to getting the exact response they desire when pressing a button--then the experience would appear poor.

I thought the game was great. Not a masterpiece, but a unique experience that was easy to comprehend and enjoy.
>>
>>381399385
Puzzles that break its own rules?
>>
>>381399727
not an argument
>>
>>381398063
Needs a game where you play a giantess
>>
Controls like shit and runs like shit.

I don't care how "artistic" and "deep" a game is if it fails at the core of what a good game should be. Story is never a factor for me in games, as story should always be there to supplement the gameplay, not replace it or obscure it.

Maybe if ran at a consistent frame rate (even if it was just a consistent 30 FPS) and didn't play like ass, I'd get to experience this "amazing" game that people keep talking about.
>>
exactly what you'd expect from a team ico game, so i loved it
>>
Team Ico is a shit developer. Shadow of the Colossus was just a fluke.
>>
>>381398984
>Can I start with 0
Yep.
>>
>>381400130
>if a game doesn't have a consistent frame rate, it can't be good
'no'
>>
>>381400130
soo did you play it or not
>>
>>381400445
>I like my games to constantly drop below 20 FPS

What is this? The N64 era? Get out of the 90s.

Games should be able to run at a consistent 30 FPS minimum, with a consistent 60 FPS being preferred. If they don't, they're automatically shit.

>>381400462
I played it for a couple of hours before getting fed up with the controls and the game constantly dropping below 20 FPS.

Again, I don't care if it has the best story ever put into a video game. If the game is frustrating to play on both a technical and core gameplay level, it just isn't worth my time.
>>
One of my favorite games of all time, Trico is one of the best creations in gaming.
>>
File: 1497129451334.jpg (75KB, 779x708px) Image search: [Google]
1497129451334.jpg
75KB, 779x708px
There were a lot of papercut issues that reduce the game to just feeling decent. A lot of them don't become apparent until mid to late game.

The boy's platforming was slippery on purpose, it was fine at first, but later on it became a liability when the levels did task the player with continuous, precise jumps and whatnot.

Handling Trico was a mixed bag with the adaptive "AI." Most of the following when you aren't riding him and on-rails stuff in the mid part is fine. Getting him to mount a surface can be really frustrating at times. When you command hold and point, and he mounts, great. Sometimes you will point the camera at the target surface, command point, and he will just baroo as if he doesn't understand. Repeat a few more times, dismount in frustration, and watch him mount the damn surface the second you get off.

Combat was just kind of there. It felt more like a hassle than any key element of the experience.

The game did make me feel guilty for feeding him those barrels after it finally revealed what was in them.
>>
>>381400814
The game is a steady 30 FPS on the Pro
>>
>>381398063
I agree. people who had trouble with trico are retarded
>>
>>381401040
I've played on pro and it's not even stable on that
>>
Trico is an incredible AI companion, probably the most impressive in the entire history of vidya. I still can't believe they didn't use mocap on a dog or a cat because his movements are perfect. They also nail the development of your bond with him throughout the game.

It's a shame the rest of the experience doesn't live up to Trico because it's obvious that's where the vast majority of the effort went. I still liked it but it's no SotC.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.