[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pygmy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: pygmy.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
pygmy.png
1MB, 1136x640px
So this guy is the Furtive Pygmy right?
>>
>>381389217
I understood it as him having one part of the pigmy's dark soul that was split up and given to many humans.
He's not supposed to be the original pigmy, just one of several pigmy lords.
>>
>>381389363
He's not a Pygmy Lord, if he was he'd still be sealed inside the egg or whatever the fuck happens at the end
>>
>>381389519
How so?
The entire egg thing in the end didn't make much sense whatever way you look at it.
It is a nice metaphorical device to make the ending of the series seem like a true finale but it has no real basis in any part of the games stories.
And with the "space and time are distorted in lordran" shenanigans that keep getting stronger and stonger as the games go on we might as well have a time/space traveling pigmy lord, whose only purpose it is to drop us some lines as we walk by.

Actually the plot is so convoluted by this point that I separate the Dark Souls lore into 3 headcanons that are only loosely tied together:
The first game and its DLC are all the game world originally meant to be so anything in there stands alone as canon.
Then we got DS2, all its DLCs and DS3, in my opinion these make for a canon that is the future of DS world. I see this as a seperate story already because of all the new things introduced that were either unrelated to 1 or should have been mentioned if they existed but weren't because they are just newly thought up plotpoints
And the ringed city is basically a storyline completely on its own, it is heavily rooted in Dark Souls 1 with connections to both DS2 and 3 but doesn't really explore their worlds anymore. Instead it turns the time and space nonsense to 11 and just tries to be a cool ending.

Lorefags that try to unite all this into one coherent universe usually stumble all over the place with their speculation about who is who and what is what because so much is implicated in the games but nothing is ever stated for fact.

Thus I think this pigmy is not the original one that was shown in the DS1 intro but instead just one of the offsprings introduced in the DLC
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.