[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game represents everything wrong with the gaming industry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Evolve_Box_Art.png (234KB, 295x338px) Image search: [Google]
Evolve_Box_Art.png
234KB, 295x338px
This game represents everything wrong with the gaming industry.
>>
id agree if it didnt die
>>
File: someshit.png (52KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
someshit.png
52KB, 300x300px
>>381388758
I literally just made a post about how I really liked it even though the business model was a cancerous growth
>>
Nah. The game was actually pretty okay, if terribly balanced. It could've been as popular as Left4Dead if it was properly managed.

It was the handling of the game that was the disgusting part. The unrelenting cashgrabbing and not actually balancing the game in particular. Taking notes from Ubisoft on how to fuck up their game was probably a bad idea.
>>
>>381389304
Blame 2K not TurtleRock. Marketing was god awful. They thought naming their first character bundle hunting season pass would be smart but when the second wave came out it backfired
>>
>>381388651
I must have been one of the few that really enjoyed this game in every way. Sure asshole could cheese it, but I loved the premise and the setting, really grew on me.
>>
File: evolve-behemoth.jpg (269KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
evolve-behemoth.jpg
269KB, 2400x1600px
>>381389601
Behemoth op in pub plz nerf
>>
>>381389424
I'll blame them both. The marketing was the worst part for sure, but bugs and balancing was Turtlerock's deal.

I played again when Second Wave came out and the monster lost maybe one in every thirty games. It was retarded. Plus they removed stealth entirely. Can't put that one on 2K.
>>
I WANT TO FUCK THE WRAITH.
>>
>>381389424
This. They did the same thing to Battleborn as well.
>>
>>381388929
I agree, I really enjoyed the game. It got repetitive pretty fast, but I still loved the way the maps work differently for monsters and hunters. Walking through woods with ground trembling and trees falling over nearby was tons of fun.
>>
I think they should recycle all characters (and their respective controls) and remake the core game in a way that players would face an smarter ai controlled monster with way more abilities than vanilla evolve monster had plus the ability to breed mobs that would attack you and local fauna.

The problem boils down to not everyone wanting to play as monster.
>>
>>381389304
>popular as left 4 dead
I doubt it. L4D is a pve game meaning you can hop in a pub game and have a good time no matter how shit your team mates are. Evolve is literally hoping all three of your team mates can rub their brain cells together and if they can you may have fun.
>>
>>381389304
>>381389424

This game needed a versus mode as in 4 hunters vs 4 other little monsters
>>
File: 64616545165465131651.jpg (27KB, 601x607px) Image search: [Google]
64616545165465131651.jpg
27KB, 601x607px
>Had DEEPEST LORE
>good character designs
>Good character interactions
>interesting setting
>4v1 is a fucking meme mode idea
>the F2P launch downgraded the game and made it dumb as fuck now
>since F2P only came on PC the only way to actually play the real fun evolve is on console
>>
I wanted this to be FPS Monster Hunter which it kinda was but the developers were jewish
>>
File: IMG_9014.png (109KB, 389x279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9014.png
109KB, 389x279px
I don't fully get this but is this not from L4D guys? Is 'cooperative' gameplay not overwhelmingly popular compared to vs? This niche isn't appealing at all, I hope it's just me.
>>
>>381391627
It's something that always appear in co-op MMOs. "What if there's another player controlling the xxxx." They thought it was a good idea.
>>
Agreed
>>
>>381389304
>not actually balancing the game in particular.

it actually was pretty balanced for the most part. the problem however was that it was balanced for 4 competent hunters, not the average dipshit in random groups that plays MUH MAIN no matter it's viability for the team or monster.

that the game only had shit console matchmaking didn't help either.

at it's core the game was great, however execution and reality pretty much killed it. worse, it's the biggest victim of the "nu" vidja industry. 10 years ago it would've come out with lobbies and modding tools, so even if the devs abandon it people could've put work into it to salvage some of the IP.
>>
>>381392054
in theory it is, no AI is as good as a human player. the question is: is it fun? is it balanced? the problem wasn't the 4v1 mode, it was that it was the game's only gimmick. pretty much every match played the same, with hardly any way to carry a team if you end up with a shit hunter.
so casual shitters get stomped by shit monsters, good players get dragged down by shit teammates, same thing every map which always had the same mode.

it really needed some pve, maybe a monster brawl monster vs monster etc...
>>
>>381395005
You explained it yourself why it's a bad idea. Asymmetry itself is difficult to balance, add in the fact that only one team requires teamwork. In the end you will always have to choose between hunters getting rekt at lower levels (newbies, solo casuals) or pwning the hell out of the monster on higher levels (coordinated teams), or even both. Adding other different "modes" would just shit on the balance even more.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.